Having your arms around the financial details

このQ&Aのポイント
  • This phrase refers to having a thorough understanding and control over the financial details of a business or situation.
  • In the context of the mentioned scene, it means that the entrepreneurs, despite being reputed for their execution abilities, lacked a solid grasp of the financial numbers and couldn't provide satisfactory explanations to the venture capitalists (VCs).
  • Although the entrepreneurs were successful in raising funds, the VCs criticized them for their lack of financial knowledge.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

arms around the financial

お世話になります。 企業本を読んでいたら出てきた文章なのですが、 とある起業家がVCにプレゼンをした際、 財務関係の細かい数字の根拠を突っ込まれてきちんと答えられなかった、 という場面のあと、 資金調達には成功したものの、VCに釘を刺されるというくだりの VCの台詞なのですが For a couple of guys who have stellar reputations for being strong executors, you didn't really have your arms around the financial details. とあります。 これはどういう意味で、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 ご教示いただければ助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• bamizo
  • お礼率94% (197/209)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • litsa1234
  • ベストアンサー率28% (230/795)
回答No.1

>For a couple of guys who have stellar reputations for being strong executors, you didn't really have your arms around the financial details. 「仕事の相当なやり手という評判の持ち主にしては、あなたは財務関係の数字について把握してませんでしたね。」 参考まで。

bamizo
質問者

お礼

早々にご教示いただきありがとうございました。 おかげでとても助かりましたし、 とてもよくわかりました。 感謝いたします。

関連するQ&A

• RodStewartの曲 Some Guys have all the luck

♪ 4拍子 Some guys have all the luck Some guys have all the pain Some guys get all the breaks Some guys do nothing but complain Alone in a crowd on a bus after work And Im dreaming The guy next to me has a girl in his arms My arms are empty ーー以下の和訳を前後の脈絡で教えてください,とくに itが何かとyouは誰かーー How does it feel when the girl next to you Says she loves you ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー It seem so unfair when theres love everywhere But theres none for me

• 訳せますでしょうか??

Yeah I'm having fun every day but just work hard or stay in my house! Nothing special!!:( Really I need some special men for me!!!!lol I wanna quit my school, and then go to there!!! Yeah introduce good guys for me!! Plz!!!!! Hahaha Really wanna visit u guys when I have enough time! :)

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Well I love those guys and I really wished they'd get a long too. They are an amazing band and great guys and it's been really sad for me to have a front seat to their struggles as a band for so many years. But I guess there are some resentments that never pass. Very sad stuff.

• underlying driversって?

お世話になります。 とある企業本に出てきた文章なのですが VCにプレゼンした起業家が、財務関係の細かい数字の 裏付けをきちんとわかっていなかったことを指摘されたあとで 起業家が内省している文章で I didn't know the underlying drivers of the financials as well as I should have. とあるのですが この"the underlying drivers of the financials"というのは どういう意味で、どう訳せばいいのでしょうか。 ご教示いただければ助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• よろしくお願いします

We have two security/maintenance guys who work at my office. In the last few weeks, one of them has really been slacking off on the job, not cleaning out the garbage cans and vanishing for hours at a time. Very often I end up opening for him. ここでのopening forはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• they have to be.の訳し方

前の会話は I heard how you don't remember anything. That must be really heard. I bet your family's searching for you right now. I mean they have to be. 訳は、だってあなたは・・・になっていました。 have to beは、されなければならないという意ですか? あなたは発見されなければならないだったら、theyじゃなくyouなのかなと思いました。 You didn't just fall from the sky.

• こんばわ~ちょっと一つ頼んでいいのか

こんばわ~みんなさん、    履歴書と自我紹介について悩んでいますが、どう書けばいいのか、よく分からないし、 日本語で作ったこともないし。よかったら、ご参考をいたたけませんか>< よろしくお願い致します hi,guys,i have been learning japanese in here for a long time.and thanx for leaving the comments when i came to ask for help.well, i think i got a big problem here this time.i have been working on a resume and self-introduction,but have never done that in japanese before.yeah.you can assume i have no experience about it.so can you do something to help me out?like write a sample or whatever,so that i can get out of this trouble.i know it's maybe too much to ask for,so if you can help me,i would really appreciate that. have a good day,you guys

• よろしくお願いします

I made a reservation at a nice restaurant for my anniversary. Our reservation was for 8:30 p.m. but the hostess said they were running a little behind. After 20 minutes of waiting, a couple walked in behind us and asked for a table. They didn’t have reservations and the hostess said they were looking at a 45-minute wait. The couple stood behind us discussing options, then five minutes later the hostess said our table was ready. The woman pointed out that she was seven months pregnant and would really appreciate if she could sit before us. I said no because we had a reservation and they did not, then suggested two places across the street that always have seats available. The couple was visibly annoyed and said something under their breath. Did I do the right thing here? I know to give up seats on buses, spots in a bathroom line, aisle seats on airplanes, etc. for those expecting, but am I really expected to yield my dinner reservation to a pregnant woman when there are options across the street? I know toはあまりみない形なのですが、toはどのような意味でしょいうか?文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 困ってます!!教えてください!!(デートの約束)

友達がアメリカから泊まりにきていて、2週間ほど会っていなかった彼からメールがきました。 「会える日が決まったら連絡頂戴」の返事がこれ↓なんですが、 正確に訳せません(涙) よろしくお願いします。 i am going to a bbq at a friends house tonite, if you have a couple of really pretty friends to bring along we'd be happy to have you all over-- if not--- can we meet on monday night? I have my last friends coming to town on tues for a week then I'm free for a while thank god!

• 過去完了について

The Everglades National Park allows for pets to be present only in designated areas and must always be on a leash. This is for the protection of the wildlife, humans, and the dogs themselves. Consequently, visitors are not likely to find canines wondering around alone. But that is exactly what a couple walking around the Everglades found. They didn’t know if he had been abandoned or got lost but the pup was terrified of being there. なぜhad been abandoned は過去完了でgot lostはか過去形になっているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします