Living Colour Reunion: A Time-Warp Concert in Central Park

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Living Colour, one of my favorite bands back in high school, had a reunion concert in Central Park for Summer Stage. It was a time-warp experience that brought back memories. However, it was weird to finally see them after all these years.
  • I met a body-builder named 'Rock' at the Living Colour reunion concert, who told me about playing with some of the band members. He even gave me a flier for his own band, COCKDIESEL featuring drummer Reggie Sylvester. It was quite surprising and insane!
  • Regarding the phrase 'That's fucked' and 'insane' in the context of the conversation, they express strong emotions of disbelief and shock. It refers to something unexpected or outrageous that the speaker finds hard to believe or accept.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記英文について質問があります。

下記英文について質問があります。 It's too bad you weren't in New York long enough to check out the Living Colour reunion. They played in Central Park for Summer Stage. It was a time-warp. I mean, they used to be one of my favorite bands back in high school. You know I would've been there with bells on. What a laugh! They used to be one of my favorites too. I had everything. Even the different versions of Stain, which had crazier Vernon Reid solos on the Aussie version. Q: I guess America just couldn't handle that. It was weird to finally see them though.I was standing next to some body-builder guy named "Rock". And so he tells me a bit about playing with some of the Living Colour guys, and gives me a flier for his band that says, "There is no other band on the planet like COCKDIESEL featuring drummer Reggie Sylvester." That's fucked. I guess I told you about Reggie, right? Insane! この文章ではほぼ完全に意味は理解できています。ただわからないのが、It was weird to finally see them though.の意味と、he tells me a bit about playing with some of the Living Colour guys~がなぜ現在形なのか? それと、That's fucked. I guess I told you about Reggie, right? Insane!でのfuckedやinsaneの解釈です。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― I have played the guitar heads people like Fred Frith, Hans Reichel, Henry Kaiser. Usually these are the artists to start off with, as they are immediately impressive and then move onto people like Mr. Rowe. Usually以降がわかりません。この発言は、彼は大学講師をやっていて、どんな内容か? という質問に対する彼の発言です。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Q: Are there certain things you want them to discern from the recordings? For something so intuitive, how do you analyze it in a productive manner? I try to encourage them to play in ad hoc groupings as much as possible. 質問の文章がわかりません。 ――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― Q: Does he ever pull out some choice cardiovascular pics for you? 彼は心臓血管の写真をあなたのために持ってくるのですか? であってますか? it was a real limited release, I wasn't worried about 'perfection' or too precious about fucking up. too precious about fucking up.がわかりません。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#145074
noname#145074
回答No.1

80年代から90年代のハードロックバンドのメンバー再会のコンサートの話しですか? >It was weird to finally see them though.の意味 「でもさあ、とうとう彼らに会えたなんて気味が悪いほど最高だったぜ。」 ** "weird"は普通「気味が悪い」というように悪い意味で使います。ここでは訳のように訳してもいいでしょう。 >he tells me a bit about playing with some of the Living Colour guys~がなぜ現在形なのか? 「こんなことがあったぜ。」と話していたのですが、もう興奮して、この文章を書く時に、またそこにいる幻想になったのでしょうね。「やつが~のことをちょびっと話すんだよ。」と現在形になっています。 >That's fucked. I guess I told you about Reggie, right? Insane!でのfuckedやinsaneの解釈 マッチョなロックという男が、Reggie Sylvesterというドラマーをフィーチャーしたバンドを紹介したチラシをくれるんだけども、この文章の作者は彼をあまり評価していないから"fucked 使い物にならない"とか"insane 狂っている"とか言っています。 >Usually these are the artists to start off with, as they are immediately impressive and then move onto people like Mr. Rowe. 「こいつら(Fred Frith, Hans Reichel, Henry Kaiser)は、普通、手始めにやるプレーヤーなんだ。もうピーンと(immediately impressive)くるんだな。それから、Mr. Rowe のようなタイプに進むんだな。」 >Q: Are there certain things you want them to discern from the recordings? For something so intuitive, how do you analyze it in a productive manner? --- I try to encourage them to play in ad hoc groupings as much as possible. 「彼らにレコーディングとは一線を画してもらいたいようなことはあるかい?すげー直感的なことなんだけどさ、君は、創造的な方向で、直感的なものをどうやって分析するんだい?」---「やつらにはさー、できるだけ偶然集まったプレーヤーたちとその場ですぐ演奏するようには奨めようとはしているんだ。」 >Q: Does he ever pull out some choice cardiovascular pics for you? 彼は心臓血管の写真をあなたのために持ってくるのですか? であってますか?  「彼は心臓血管の写真をあなたのために持ってくるようなことはあるのですか?」←"Does he ever~?" >it was a real limited release, I wasn't worried about 'perfection' or too precious about fucking up. too precious about fucking up.がわかりません。 「それは本当に限定盤なんだ。おれは「完璧」ということにはあまり執着していないんだ。それに「失敗」ということにもあまり執着していないんだ。」 ** precious=凝り過ぎた、気取った ** fucking up=やりそこない、しくじり、失敗

medium_2011
質問者

お礼

アドバイスありがとうございます。 非常に助かりました。まだまだ勉強不足でもやがはれないですが…。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 下記英文について質問があります

What was it that made the collection of Gamelan instruments so appealing to you? The fact that I had never played any of them before.Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. To treat them purely as sound objects without the weight of tradition or set of rules about how to play them. Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … Q1 Knowing that I would not see a collection like that in too many places made it really easy to decide to work with them. この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。だとしたら、このknowingを受ける動詞はどれになりますか?madeでしょうか? Knowing made it really easy to decide to work with them. これで、knowing that~は、that以下を「知る事」は、ガムランを弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。 しかし、that以下がどうもピンと来ません・・・。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみるという決断を容易にした。」となりますが・・・。何も知らないからこそ、知りたいという欲求が沸いてきたということを言いたいのでしょうか? Q2 I think because I was so unfamiliar with the instruments it allowed me to approach them in a very unbiased way. このセンテンスのallowedはどう訳出しますか? Q3 Probably much to the horror of Gamelan traditionalists out there … このセンテンスの意味がわかりません。 Muchは名詞ですか?  The horror of Gamelan traditionalistsというのはガムランの伝統主義者の憎悪。ですか? つまり、この人は完全にガムランをオリジナルな扱い方をしたので、こう言っているのかと。 この文章の構造がわかりません。Knowingは動名詞ですよね。 無理矢理直訳すると、「多くの場所であのようなコレクションを見た事がなかったと知る事は、them(ガムラン)を弾いてみようという決断に至るのが簡単にした。」となりますが・・・。 以上です。よろしくお願いいたします。

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか?

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いします。 ↓ I understand what you mean That’s god that you are coming to Yemen soon waiting to see you I want to tell you about fake Okubo it was my mistake I don’t mean to not make hotel booking by okubo but l thought l can make it too For more l will tell you in Sana'a pleas call me Im waiting

• 下記英文の解釈で質問があります 1/26

So when recording these loops, you didn't have an exact idea of what exactly you want to do with them? No … No idea whatsoever… The live aspect was just that - it was an improvisation with microphones running most of the time. I would move from instrument to instrument in the studio and play and record a layer of the loop. Once I got something that seemed “finished” to me I’d head into the control room. If I felt I could listen to this loop - usually about 12 seconds long or less - for 10, 15, 25 minutes and totally zone into it, then I knew it was a keeper, and I’d commit it to the hard drive and then erase and move onto another one. It’s a really subtle art of creating loops where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, yet, at the same time the loops have to be repetitive and hypnotic. Q1 I would move from instrument to instrument in the studio and play and record a layer of the loop. スタジオの中で、楽器から楽器に移動して、プレイして、ループを重ねていったんだ。 ここでのwouldとはどういった解釈ですか? Q2 If I felt I could listen to this loop - usually about 12 seconds long or less - for 10, 15, 25 minutes and totally zone into it, then I knew it was a keeper, and I’d commit it to the hard drive and then erase and move onto another one. もし、このループ…大抵の場合は12秒かそれ以下くらいだけど、それを10分、15分、25分間と聴く事が出来で、そしてtotally zone into it,then I knew it was a keeper, そしてそのループ(it)をハードディスクに記録して、それから消したり動かしたりして別のループに作り替えていくんだ(ontoの解釈) 英語の部分がどうもわかりません。あとontoの解釈は上記でよいでしょうか? Q3 It’s a really subtle art of creating loops where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, yet, at the same time the loops have to be repetitive and hypnotic. ループを生み出すというぼんやりとしたアートさ。where nothing sticks out too much as to cause it to get obvious sounding, けど、同時にループは反復的で、催眠作用があるものでなければならない。 ここも英語のままの部分がどうもわかりません・・・。

• 下記英文について質問があります。(1)

How much did „your own thing“ benefit from your work as a session musician? セッションミュージシャンとしての仕事は、あなた自身の作品(own thing)に対してどのくらいの結果(benefit)をもたらしましたか? Well, I think it’s always great to collaborate with other artists, because it almost always pushes me to try something I haven’t tried before, or even thought of before. But when it comes to my own music and compositions, I’m not sure if I bring much of my session work into them. Then again, working as a session musician definitely helped me develop a little bit of confidence on some instruments. When you’re put on the spot like that, and you have to come up with something, it can be stressful ... And over time it slowly gets easier and easier, and depending on the instrument and the music, sometimes nowadays I might not even think about it at all. I just start playing. So for better or worse, I’m slowly learning to trust my own musicianship. 途中のwhen you’re put on the spot…辺りからどうも何を言いたいのかがわかりません。訳を教えてください。

• 下記英文について質問があります。

すいません質問があります。 英文のまま残っている部分の解釈がわかりません。 During the mid 90´s-00´s there were lots of new things happening, I was part of a group of people organising performances and concerts and during those years mostly at one particular venue called Fylkingen. There was lots of new music around and we felt we were in the middle of it all. Inspiring times meeting a lot of musicians and artists. All of this was possible because we had some funding to invite people. 90年代から00年代にかけては、たくさんの新たな動きがあった。私もパフォーマンス、コンサートをやる側としてそのムーブメントの一端を担っていた。Fylkingenという場所がその時期のほとんどだった。未知の音楽との出会いが多くあり、私達はまさに渦中にいるのだなと感じたよ。Inspiring times meeting a lot of musicians and artists. All of this was possible because we had some funding to invite people. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What causes this simultaneous fascination and uneasy feeling with regards to cities? 町という存在に魅力を感じながらも不安感も持つ。同時に存在する2つの感情が引き起こすものは何でしょうか? Since I was raised in the countryside, the city was always something that was charged with a lot of exciting energy. I always had a longing for the big city, but it´s a place that can be both dangerous and beautiful. I also like the meditational qualities that the city can provide with its endless drone of activity. 田舎で育った私にとって、町という存在は常にエネルギーに満ちあふれた場所でありずっと憧れを抱いていた。しかし、町とは危険な場所にも、美しい場所にもなり得る。I also like the meditational qualities that the city can provide with its endless drone of activity. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Are cities by default unnatural organisms? そもそも、町とは自然に反した有機体という事でしょうか? I think most of this impression is caused by what one could call side effects. Most cities are places that slowly, gradually get out of hand. We don't mean to fuck it up but we do one way or the other. Today the awareness about how sound affects humans is much bigger amongst designers and architects, but still we are fed constantly with sounds and music blasting out of stores and restaurants. Most of it could be taken care of instantly, while other sources are so integrated into society that it´s impossible to change them. I think that cities are as natural as we make them. 副作用。思わぬ結果。町に対する印象の大半はそこからきていると思う。ほとんどの町は、ゆっくりとではあるが徐々に手がつけられない状態になっている。私達が町をめちゃくちゃにしているとは言わないが、何にせよやっている事はそうだ。今日、サウンドがいかに人間に影響を及ぼすか? そこへの認識がデザイナーや建築家の間で非常に大きいものになっている。しかし、店やレストランから吐き出されてくるサウンドや音楽には相変わらずうんざりさせられる。Most of it could be taken care of instantly, while other sources are so integrated into society that it´s impossible to change them. I think that cities are as natural as we make them. 以上の3つとなります。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。発送のことでメールが来たんですがいまいちわかりません。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I am so sorry I was out of the office so I was not able to get back to you. Normally you can expect responses right away so I am sorry about this. We had one AAA that was in production from the popularity of it so it was received yesterday I also asked them to send you some additional purse hooks as a gift for being late. They are a nice gift for your customers I hope, but I wanted to give it to you as a gesture and apology for my late response. I also don’t have the final size of the box since they had to wait to add another bag to the order they have not packaged it, I will let you know once the office is back today and also the tracking. It should get there in about 2 days. Also the address you gave is a remote area for fedex do you have another address, normally it is an additional $25 but I asked them to waive the out of remote fee this time so we will pay for it. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will update you later today.

• この英文を和訳していただけませんか・・・?

impressing videos Hey there, Man, you have some really good videos up on YouTube. I just watched one and was blown away. I just couldn't help but notice that you are having some trouble getting views. Low views are frustrating, but don't let them discourage you, lord knows I've had the low view blues before. Overcoming low views is something that I struggled with for a long time. Fortunately, I can save you some of the hassles I went through. Eventually, I found out that getting a ton of views wasn't that hard after all, at least not after I found out about the guys over at http://tinyurl.com/32zetzp They really helped me get people to my videos. All I had to do was submit my link and then number of views I was after. It was so simple I couldn't believe I hadn't done it sooner. And right now you can try them out for just a penny. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know about them and what they might be able to do for you. I'm not sure how I would have made it to where I did without them. Anyway, no matter what keep making those vids. Thank you, Christopher 長文ですがよろしくお願いします・・・!

• 下記の英文について教えてください。

When I think of old wives' tales and superstitions I think of childhood, which is naturally when I first encountered them, usually as warnings from adults. Whether from parents, grandparents, other people's parents, or even teachers, the authority of whomever told me that walking under a ladder was courting disaster, or that it was unlucky to tread on cracks in the pavement, or that if I broke a mirror it would bring seven years of misfortune, was enough to make me accept this unquestioningly. 出典 Black Cats & Four-Leaf Clovers whomever は文法的に間違いで、whoever です。文の骨格は the authority was enough to make me accept this unquestioningly. というのは分かるのですが、of whomever をどのように訳すと日本語らしくなるのかがわかりません。教えてください。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります

The „resources and staff“ of the University were at your disposal. In which way were they helpful to you during the different stages of the project? Carrying heavy instruments around! (laughs) No, well, yeah ... They did help carry instruments ... But, I had a wonderful day of training from a woman at the university named Angie Atmadjaja who gave me a few short lessons on how to play some of these instruments in the "proper" way. As fun and enlightening as that was it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. Angie also made some recordings and I believe some of them appear on the album. It took a good solid day or two to get the whole studio wired the way I wanted it into my Kyma system and loopers. We had to create a system that allowed me remote control of the control room while I was in the recording room as well as some tricky monitoring situations. The tech and studio staff at the Music Research Center took care of most of that and after ironing out some bugs I had an amazing space in which I could work alone late into the night and control everything as I walked around the room. Q1 As fun and enlightening as that was it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. この文章の構造がわかりません。 it made me realize that I wanted to keep my distance from the proper and traditional. 訳せます。 「それは、私が正しいやり方や、伝統から距離を置いておきたいと願っていた事を気付かせてくれた」 Asからthatまでをitとしているのですよね?それと、As fun and enlightening as thatも何かの構文で、元々は違っているのでしょうか? Q2 It took a good solid day or two to get the whole studio wired the way I wanted it into my Kyma system and loopers. この文章がいまいち理解出来ません。後半のkyma system and loopersは彼の持つ音楽用のシステムの事です。 Q3 We had to create……からの日本語ですが、 私たちはレコーディングルームやtricky monitoring situationsにいる間、離れた場所からコントロールルームを制御するシステムを作らなくてはならなかった。 ミュージックリサーチセンターにいる技術者と、スタジオのスタッフはthatに注意を払っていた。いくつかのバグを解決した後に、私はその晩、一人で仕事が出来る素晴らしい空間を持つ事が出来た。 その部屋中を歩き回りながら全てをコントロールしたんだ。 どうもギクシャクしてしまっています・・・。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります。(2)

What was recording at the University of York Music Research Centre like? After a day or so of getting the technical setup out of the way, the rest of the time was mostly smooth and really fun. I’d often spend the morning working, break for lunch with everyone, and then work until dinner, break for dinner, and then head back into the studio by myself after midnight and work for a couple more hours. Because I was concentrating on collecting source material for the album I didn’t feel an enormous pressure to get everything right. I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. Besides music, we took some time off to drive around the English countryside, ate a lot of amazing food and hit the pub every night, discovering a great German beer that no one else liked … except Theo! この文章のほぼ全ては理解できるのですが、少しわからないところがあります。 Q1  I recorded hours and hours of material but it didn’t matter if some of it wasn’t as good as others, as it was all material I could pick apart later. It didn’t have to be perfect which made the whole experience that much more relaxed and freed me up to try various things I wouldn’t have otherwise tried. 私は素材のレコーディングに何時間も何時間もかけた。しかし、仮にレコーディングした素材のいくつかが、他のものほど良くなくてもそれは問題ではなかった。 この次の、as it was all material I could pick apart later.ですが、 ここがよくわかりません。このasはなぜならばとして訳せばよいでしょうか? それと、it was all that material which I could pick apart later.が正式な文章ですよね? 次のセンテンスのitはレコーディングした素材のことで、レコーディングした素材が完璧である必要は無い。までで、やはり構造的にどうも理解できないです。 perfectを先行詞としたwhichの文章 experienceを先行詞としたthatの文章 そしてそれ以降があやふやです・・・。 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いいたします。