The Importance of Family and Cherishing Loved Ones

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Being grateful for my parents' support in my tennis journey
  • Appreciating my grandparents' presence and care
  • Feeling the love from my family and valuing it
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文のチェックをお願い致します…!!

長くなってしまうのですが、以下の文章であっているかどなたか確認して頂けると嬉しいです。 ☆のところがとても不安な箇所ですので、そこだけでも結構です。全体通して不安ですが。 The most important thing for me is my family. And I should cherish it. First, I thank my parents very much. I owe it to my parents that I could put myself to playing tennis in my junior high school and high school days. In the second year in high school, when I really wanted to leave club activities, my parents encouraged me to continue it. ☆1 At the time, if I was easily allowed to leave club activities, ここに"今の私はないと確信する"と入れたいのですがI'm sure...から続きません、教えて頂きたいです。 When my mother came and watched games, she looked at a tournament table and checked my next competitor. ☆2 I will be dutiful to my parents because I have done what I wanted to do. Second, I also thank my grandparents. I live with them. When I come home, I'm happy that there is someone at home. So I thank my grandmother very much because my parents and my grandfather work. My grandmother cares about me and my sister. ☆3 And she came to the piano concert for me. My grandfather died when I was in the second year in high school. I couldn't believe it because he has worked and been fine until he entered hospital. ☆4 I regretted going to the hospital few times. ↑お見舞いにほとんど行けなかったのが心残りだ、というような意味にしたいのですが、間違っている気がしてなりません。教えてください。 He also came to the piano concert every year, and seemed to look forward to it. So I'm happy that I can cherish my family and feel love from my family. I wish people in the world cherish their families. 長いですがどなたかよろしくお願い致します。 酷い文章で申し訳ありません。

noname#90946
noname#90946
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.3

#2 duosonic です。 あ、良いですよ、分からないところはバシバシ聞いて下さいね。そのためのところですから。 ☆1の、Without my parents' encouragement at that time for me to continue playing tennis,が、どういう構造になっているのかいまいちわかりません。突然for me to continue playing tennisが出てきた感じがしてならないのですが、どうなっているのか教えて頂きたいです。 >訳してみると分かると思いますよ。「私がテニスを続けるべきであるとという両親からの奨励が当時なかったら、きっと私は今の私ではなかった筈です」。 つまり「my parents' encouragement at that time」は「(1)当時両親の奨励」、「for me to continue playing tennis」は文字通り「(2) 私がテニスを続けること」、ということですよね。(1)と(2)を一つにすると、「私がテニスを続けることに対する当時両親の奨励」ですよね。 そしてこの節全体を「Without」を用いて「もし~がなかったら」という文にしています。つまり、 「私がテニスを続けることに対する当時両親の奨励がなかったら」ということです。逆に言うと、「私がテニスを続けることを当時両親が奨励してくれたからこそ、今の私があるのだ」になりますよね。 「for 人 to 動詞」は、 I am afraid for my little brother to stay home alone at night.(私は、夜に弟が一人で留守番することに不安を感じる) For him to pass the exam, he must study twice as hard as now.(彼がその試験に合格するためには、今の二倍一生懸命勉強しなければならない) You should apologize to her for you to keep a good friendship.(良好な友達関係を維持するために君が彼女に謝るべきだ) 、、、という意味で、「~(人)が~(動詞)するのを、するためには」という目的語になりますよね。これを使ったのです。 ご自分で「for 人 to 動詞」の用例を研究してみてもちょっと違和感があるようだったら、原文を活かして、 If I had been allowed to easily leave the club activities at that time, I certainly would have not been what I am now. でも良いですよ、もちろん。 ☆2 「今まで好き勝手やらしてもらっていたから、これからは親孝行したいと思う」 >「これから親孝行したい」ということですね。ならば、 From now on I would like to be dutiful to my parents for their letting me to do what I wanted to do to date. 、、、でどうでしょう?  これも上述の「~(人)が~(動詞)するのを」を使って、「両親が私がやりたいことをするのを」としています。つまり直訳すると、「今まで私がやりたいことをするのを両親が許してくれたことに関して、これから両親に親孝行したい」です。 「for(人)動詞ing」の使い方は、 Thanks for your turning cellphones off in the theater.(劇場の中で携帯をオフにしてくれてありがとう) 、、、と同じです。 つまり、「両親からの奨励は for以下に対して、私が感謝するのは for以下に対して」ということです。 これももちろん、From now on I would like to be dutiful to my parents, because they have let me do what I wanted to do to date.でも良いですよ。

noname#90946
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました! 本当によくわかりました!! たくさん詳しく説明していただいて大変助かりました>< ありがとうございます、また何かあったときはよろしくお願いします。

その他の回答 (2)

• duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.2

以下、回答者の英訳は十人十色ですが、参考にされて下さい。とりあえず☆のところだけにしました。 ☆1 At the time, if I was easily allowed to leave club activities, ここに"今の私はないと確信する"と入れたいのですがI'm sure...から続きません、教えて頂きたいです。 >>Without my parents' encouragement at that time for me to continue playing tennis, I certainly would have not been what I am now. 、、、つまりこういうことですよね?  時制が難しい過去完了形を使わなくても、大抵の場合 Without~ で代用できるものです。 ☆2 I will be dutiful to my parents because I have done what I wanted to do. >>I am and will be grateful to my parents for letting me do what I wanted to do. 、、、ここに日本語説明がないのですが、「今も、そして未来に渡っても両親に感謝する」という意味で良いのかな? ☆3 And she came to the piano concert for me. >>Also she came to see my performance at a piano concert. 、、、どうしてもemu_7さんが好きな演奏家のコンサートに行きたくて、せがんでお祖母さんが一緒に来てくれたという話ではありませんね?  ならば「私が演奏したコンサート」と言ってやりましょうよ。一度以上お祖母さんが来られたのなら、concerts ですね。And から文章を始めるのは口語の時にして、書面では極力使わない方が良いようです。 My grandfather died when I was in the second year in high school. I couldn't believe it because he has worked and been fine until he entered hospital. >>My grandfather passed away when I was in my second year at a high school. I could not believe when he suddenly passed away, because until the day he was hospitalized, he had been in a good health condition and even regularly worked. 、、、☆3はお祖父さんの文章も含んでいるのか分かりませんが、一応。die でももちろん良いですが、これは自分に近い親族のことを書いているので、敬意を表して「死」という言葉を使わずにもっと柔らかい「他界する」という言い回し、pass awayが良いですよね。 ☆4 I regretted going to the hospital few times. ↑お見舞いにほとんど行けなかったのが心残りだ、というような意味にしたいのですが、間違っている気がしてなりません。教えてください。 >>I still regret that I was not able to visit him at the hospital more often. 、、、お書きの文だと、「病院に数回行ったことを後悔している」と取られる可能性がありますよね。なので、「行けなかったことを後悔」とハッキリ言うために、NOTをどこかに入れましょうよ。もちろん「今でも後悔している」のですから、regretは現在形が良いと思いますよ。そうすると、「もっとお見舞いに行きたかったのに、(学校などの時間的制約で)行けなかったのが今でも心残り」という意味合いになりますよね。 それから、友達にメールする時には構いませんが、こういう風に作文して提出する課題や論文を書く際には、絶対に I'm、we're、don't という風に略さない方が良いですよ。

noname#90946
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! わかりやすい説明ありがとうございました。助かりました>< あと、略さないようにします。。 2は 今まで好き勝手やらしてもらっていたから、これからは親孝行したいと思う、 みたいな意味にしたかったです。 3はまさにその通りです。ありがとうございます^^;

noname#90946
質問者

補足

ごめんなさい、 ☆1の、 Without my parents' encouragement at that time for me to continue playing tennis, が、どういう構造になっているのかいまいちわかりません。 突然 for me to continue playing tennis が出てきた感じがしてならないのですが、どうなっているのか教えて頂きたいです。

• scul0205
  • ベストアンサー率16% (3/18)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 2,3がどういう意味にしたいのかが分からないので省いています。 ☆1 I'm sure if they had easily allowed me to leave club activities at that time,I wouldn't be as I am now. 前の文章からいじりました。 if以下は過去の事実とは違うので仮定法にしてみましたがどうでしょうか? ☆4 I'm very sorry that I went to see him in the hospital only a few times. 実際何回お見舞いに行かれたか分からないので、これくらいにしてみました。 ご参考になれば。

noname#90946
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!助かりました。 ちなみに、2は 今まで好き勝手やらしてもらっていたから、これからは親孝行したいと思う、 みたいな意味にしたかったです。 3は、 ピアノの発表会に来てくれたっていうことを書きたかったです。 英作はやらないと酷いことなっちゃいますね…ーー; ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• Keio University

I am sorry that I can't type in Japanese on my computer because my computer can't install Japanese keyboard thing for some reasons. However, I am currently 22 years old, and I am in Community College (Tanki Daigaku) in America to complete my A.A degrees (Kiso Gaku). However, I am trying to re-enter university from the beginning next year. However, I am Japanese, but since I came here when I was 15 years old, I have no ideas when it comes to Japanese universities' admission rules. Well, I am planning to take entrance examination with high school students next year. And I may choose Keio University. However, I don't want to take KIKOKUSHIJO exams, because it is competitive. Do you think that is it possible for me to take IPPAN NYUSHI with high school students to take exams for Keio University even though I graduated American High school? Please help me, I tries to collect all those information, but I somehow can't find any good resources and information. Thank you very much for your helps.

• set us up

My sister came out as a lesbian this summer and I came out as bisexual this Thanksgiving to our very moderate middle-class parents. There were tears and talking and more tears, but my parents are ultimately supportive—almost too much so. My father brings up his “gay kids” in everyday conversations to complete strangers. An old high school friend who works as a barista mentioned it to me when my dad comes in for coffee. He says how proud he is of us, but he brings it up all the time! My mom has joined PFLAG and has taken to taking pictures of pretty girls and sending them to my sister and me in an effort to set us up. ここでのset us upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文チェックお願いします!!

英語の文章を考えたのですが、どうも文法がおかしいところがあるような気がします。まだ途中なのですが、チェックをお願いします。 My favorite sport is basketball. I have played basketball for seven years. I learned many things of basketball. At first I learned “an effort and don’t give up mind” When I started playing basketball, I was not fast run other player. But I was effort little by little at elementary school. I became early than before now to run. I know that an effort and don’t give up were very important. Next, I learned by leadership. I was a captain by basketball club in junior high school. When I became a captain, there was worried. And I knew difficulty that awareness as a leader of a team gathered up a sprouting team while I practiced it. The basketball club was strong team work. Try hard serious basketball. And I played basketball well. I understood that very important with a leader “I must move at first!” When I knew it, I decide to move positively and build a relationship of mutual trust with a friend and thank that I was able to cooperate. As a result, it was able to be collected in a team. I was able to learn the leadership through club activities. I learned to cooperation as team. And I understood that it can’t only one.

• この英文で通じるでしょうか?

Although originally I am a left-handed when I was a child, however, my parents forced me on a right-handed. I didn’t want to obey it first. I was not able to do writing well and catching a bean with chopsticks either, which is why I dropped a lot of beans on the table many times. It was difficult for me to do everything and dis-satisfied. So I came to think why should I put up with the discomfort and poor performance? It’s meaningless I think. 文法的な誤りがあればご指摘ください。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 日本語訳してください!

Yeah, we did! It was long but I know a few about it because of the lessons! My favourite sport is football, I'm a great football fan (Soccer)! I also play it alot I used to be in the football team in my old school, but i can't any more now D: my doesn't want me too! Volley ball, hmm I've only played it once in school that was it! It was very hard I remember! I've tried to learn French during secondary school since i was 11 to age 15 but I never understood much since i really didn't have interest in it! I'm very much into music and watching tvs and stuff! I love going out with my friends to the cinema! Are you in junior high school or high school? In the UK we don't call it junior high school or senior high school we call it secondary school and college! I'm in college since I'm 16! It's my first year :)

• 英語にお願い致します。。

こんばんは、いつもお世話になっております。 yahoo翻訳機で変換してみましたが、かなり怪しい英語になってるかと 思うので、正しい英語にして頂けると嬉しいです。 宜しくお願い致します ***** ごめんね。実をいうと、もしかしたらあなたが彼に私のことを話してしまうのではないかと、心配してたの。だから前回彼について書くことができなかったわ。 でも私はあなたのこと信用できるので、彼は本当はどんな人か伝えるわ。 1週間前に返事をくれて、本当に感謝してます。色々と話を聞いてくれて本当にどうもありがとう!! ****** I'm sorry. I worried to tell the truth when possibly you might talk about me to him. Therefore I was not able to write it about him last time. But I talk because I am you and cut it by trust, in fact, what kind of person he is・・・ I really thank for giving an answer one week ago. I hear a story in various ways, and really thank you very much! !

• 英文チェックお願い出来ませんでしょうか??

It became really convenient. Me, too often buy books by Amazon. However when I visited Honduras in South America as a technical guidance volunteer, Internet used just limited some privileged classes’ rich people, and general public do not receives its benefit, yet. As in rural farm village, information from the Internet does not reach. I felt live in like the “Middle Ages”, but strangely I did not suffer inconvenience from this even though there is no Internet information in rural farm village in Honduras. Moreover, the Japan Oversee Cooperate Volunteers always bring a personal computer with them, but they have trouble with their computer without exception. Thanks to computer and Internet, we can do anything about our life conveniently. In addition, thanks to Youtube and SNS (Facebook, Twitter) government and mass media became difficult to hide the inconvenient matters for themselves. The prominent example is democratic revolution such called “the jasmine revolution” But the confusion has been occurring about “can do everything in Internet”. The hacker who breaks security on the Internet may say so. Could it say right to use splendid technique like WikiLeaks? No, it is wrong. I think the standing person who has a special talent must response for using this. And I think the technique such as hacking must manage only the person who can treat right way. Such a person must have an ambition and a pride. The Japanese exploration satellite “Hayabusa” succeeded the first time in the world “sample return” from the asteroid “Itokawa”. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayabusa Nevertheless, JAXA (research organization like NASA) is not well-endowed institute and its “Hayabusa” team stands up against the mission to take the sample from asteroid (distant 6,000,000,000km from the earth) and overcome many difficulties for 7 years. I think this is an ambition and a pride. When I belonged to my last company, some outsourcing company said “we can’t do this offer, it’s too severe” and pull out suddenly. I was obliged to finish the work myself and desperately set up all night consecutively in 2 evening, because I must keep the tight deadline on my pledge of honor. My mission is to build a 100% accurate diagnose system for the students who took an examination. I am self-confident that I constructed a correct and first processing system in those days in Japan. When I told about this system to chief manager of major data processing company of New Zealand, I could receive his feedback: “it is a splendid system”. If you engage me, I would provide all my techniques that I have and could give profit for your company. I accumulate know-how for 15 years on methods of software & IT as an engineer. If you meet me, I convinced you can understand that I obtain remarkable result. If you engage me, you may understand how I am useful within 3 months. If you judge I am useless, you can discharge me. You do not have the risk at all.

• 英文のチェックをお願いします。

アメリカ人のマネージャーと話すので、以下の英語で通用するかどうか、チェックをお願いします。自信のない部分には、日本語も表記しました。長文ではありますが、どうかよろしくお願いします。 I would like to talk to you about Ms. ~. I'm really glad to work here. I like working at the ~ but bad things happened two times when I worked with Ms. ~. (~さんと一緒に仕事をしていて、嫌なことが2度もありました) The first, on last Friday, I thought stop stocking and back to warehouse the shipments and start facing because it been already 1920 then. (その時は既に19:20だったので品出しをやめ、商品を倉庫に戻し、フェイシングを始めようと思いました) But she said to me what stock the shipments of hair colour. (しかし、彼女は私に「ヘアーカラーをストックして」と言いました) I asked the other person "what time do we start facing today?" She told me it's at 1930. So I would return to warehouse the items. (なので、それらの商品を倉庫に戻そうとしました) Ms. ~ came back from the register at the time and asked me "where do you go?" I answered "it will be time to face soon." But she said "not yet." I stocked the items of hair colour with her until about 2005. However I returned alone all of it what couldn't stock. (しかし、ストック出来なかった物は、全て私一人で片付けさせられました) She didn't do it at all. She left warehouse after said "facing after you finished that." (彼女は全く片付けず、「それが終わったらフェイシングしなさい」と言って売り場に戻りました) The second, on this Wednesday, I was processing some items with her what passed deadline. (期限切れの品物を彼女と一緒に処理していました) She did it with me until middle but she said "throw away all of it" and left me when her friend came. 彼女は途中まで一緒にやっていましたが、仲のいい従業員がやって来た時に、「あとこれ全部捨ててね」と言って放置して行きました) I really hate what she always do to me something awful.(彼女にいつも、何かしら嫌なことをされることが、本当に嫌です) That makes me don't want to work here.(そのせいで、ここで働く事が嫌になります) I would like to leave her to enjoy working here.(ここでの仕事を楽しむ為に、彼女と距離を置きたいです) I was wondering if you could move me the other department.(他の部署に移らせて頂けませんでしょうか) I hope to move to the register. That reason isn't about only Ms. ~. I would like to do a job of cashier that can always communicate with a shopper. I'm to the packing items because I have experienced a cashier assistant at ~.(~でレジアシスタントの経験がありますので、品物を袋詰めする時の要領は掴んでいます) I will be able to useful and be ready fire power as a cashier.(キャッシャーとして役に立ちますし、即戦力になれると思います) Could you consider about that please?(この事を、どうか考慮して頂けませんでしょうか) Thank you for spending your time to me.

• 英文をチェックしてください

私は映画館でフォーゴットンのCMをみたよ。日本では6月にやるよ。でも、私はアイルランドに行った時、飛行機の中でもう観たんだよ。 I watched CM of forgotten at cinema it will be opening on Jun in Japan,but I already watched it because when I went to Ireland it watched on the plane. こんな英文通じますか?なんとか通じたらいいなと思ってます。 お願いします