An Unpleasant Experience with My Manager

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I had two bad experiences working with Ms. ~, my manager.
  • The first incident occurred when I was stocking items and she told me to stock hair colour instead of facing.
  • The second incident happened when she asked me to throw away items that had passed the deadline.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文のチェックをお願いします。

アメリカ人のマネージャーと話すので、以下の英語で通用するかどうか、チェックをお願いします。自信のない部分には、日本語も表記しました。長文ではありますが、どうかよろしくお願いします。 I would like to talk to you about Ms. ~. I'm really glad to work here. I like working at the ~ but bad things happened two times when I worked with Ms. ~. (~さんと一緒に仕事をしていて、嫌なことが2度もありました) The first, on last Friday, I thought stop stocking and back to warehouse the shipments and start facing because it been already 1920 then. (その時は既に19:20だったので品出しをやめ、商品を倉庫に戻し、フェイシングを始めようと思いました) But she said to me what stock the shipments of hair colour. (しかし、彼女は私に「ヘアーカラーをストックして」と言いました) I asked the other person "what time do we start facing today?" She told me it's at 1930. So I would return to warehouse the items. (なので、それらの商品を倉庫に戻そうとしました) Ms. ~ came back from the register at the time and asked me "where do you go?" I answered "it will be time to face soon." But she said "not yet." I stocked the items of hair colour with her until about 2005. However I returned alone all of it what couldn't stock. (しかし、ストック出来なかった物は、全て私一人で片付けさせられました) She didn't do it at all. She left warehouse after said "facing after you finished that." (彼女は全く片付けず、「それが終わったらフェイシングしなさい」と言って売り場に戻りました) The second, on this Wednesday, I was processing some items with her what passed deadline. (期限切れの品物を彼女と一緒に処理していました) She did it with me until middle but she said "throw away all of it" and left me when her friend came. 彼女は途中まで一緒にやっていましたが、仲のいい従業員がやって来た時に、「あとこれ全部捨ててね」と言って放置して行きました) I really hate what she always do to me something awful.(彼女にいつも、何かしら嫌なことをされることが、本当に嫌です) That makes me don't want to work here.(そのせいで、ここで働く事が嫌になります) I would like to leave her to enjoy working here.(ここでの仕事を楽しむ為に、彼女と距離を置きたいです) I was wondering if you could move me the other department.(他の部署に移らせて頂けませんでしょうか) I hope to move to the register. That reason isn't about only Ms. ~. I would like to do a job of cashier that can always communicate with a shopper. I'm to the packing items because I have experienced a cashier assistant at ~.(~でレジアシスタントの経験がありますので、品物を袋詰めする時の要領は掴んでいます) I will be able to useful and be ready fire power as a cashier.(キャッシャーとして役に立ちますし、即戦力になれると思います) Could you consider about that please?(この事を、どうか考慮して頂けませんでしょうか) Thank you for spending your time to me.

• 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.6

#1です。お礼です。     >>その嫌な人から離れられればいいので、その人のことはあえて言わず、レジに移りたいということだけを伝えればいいと思いました。理由も、嫌な人がいるからと言うのではなく、レジをすることでもっと役に立てるなどと、アピールしようと思います。どうもありがとうございました。     いいえ、お礼を言うのはこちらの方です。胸に溜まっていることを準備段階で吐き出して捨て、最終段階ではご自分のプラスの面だけを表に出せば、案外うまく行くものです。さい先よいことを祈っています。

その他の回答 (5)

• SPS700
回答No.5

#1です。補足です。ちょっと野暮用が出来て失礼しました。僕がマネジャーなら、こういう段階なら聞くと思います。 1。ショックを与える段階   あの女ダメだから、俺をクビにして     (僕 どんな理由があるの?) 2。理由を説明する段階   (い)怠け者: 彼女は全く片付けず、「それが終わったらフェイシングしなさい」と言って売り場に戻りました   (ろ)依怙贔屓: 仲のいい従業員がやって来た時に、「あとこれ全部捨ててね」と言って放置して行きました   (は)不当な要求: しかし、ストック出来なかった物は、全て私一人で片付けさせられました 3。相手の顔を立てる段階    こんな時、私はどうしたらいいでしょうか、アドバイスをお願いします。 4。相手の考え中に売り込む段階     ~でレジアシスタントの経験がありますので、品物を袋詰めする時の要領は掴んでいます。キャッシャーとして役に立ちますし、即戦力になれると思います。 5。最終段階     うまく行けば配置換え、うまく行かなければクビ。     これも一種の会話ですから、全部一方的に出してしまわないで、相手にも間の手を入れる隙間を作ってあげるといいのではないかと思います。

Malene
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ございません。補足をありがとうございます。頂いた回答を読み、もう一度よく考えてみました。その嫌な人から離れられればいいので、その人のことはあえて言わず、レジに移りたいということだけを伝えればいいと思いました。理由も、嫌な人がいるからと言うのではなく、レジをすることでもっと役に立てるなどと、アピールしようと思います。どうもありがとうございました。

• Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.4

この文のように話したら、私なら、こんな人間困ったものだーーと思うでしょうね。文句たらたら、しかも、わけのわからないことのために貴重な時間を割こうとしている、何を訴えているのかもわかりにくい。こんな説明の下手な人じゃーーということです。 何が問題かというと 1.結論が先に来ない。 2.分が長すぎる。 3.文句ばっかり言っている人間だと思える。 4.これってマネージャーに話す内容なの?という点も気になる(職場によってマネージャーの考えも違いますからいいのかもしれませんが)。 5.話し方が一方的である。 話の順としては、 1.挨拶 2.感謝 や褒め言葉 3.今かかえている問題(手短に)しかも、詳しく言わない(聞かれたら説明する) 4.どうにかならないでしょうかと相談する口調でせまる。 5.相手が言ってくるのをまって、会話に持ち込む(一方的に言わない) とすればいいのです。 Hello, sir, Mr. Gold. Oh, you're wearing a nice tie as always!! I always appreciate you because thanks to you we have a delightful atmoshpere in our working place. But there's one problem. するとおそらくWhat?とか言われるか、何を言い出すんだろうと思う。 Could I briefly talk to you about this lady? そして It seems to me that she is quite offensive to me. と言って説明します。 Thank you for listening to my complaint. I just wonder how I can get along with her. Or could it possible that you put me to a different department? というような調子で語るのはどうでしょう。 あとは会話の成り行きでということで。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

Malene
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ございません。確かに、長すぎました。もちろん、最初から一方的に長々と話そうと思っていません。ただ、その職場の人のことをなぜ嫌になったのかは、必ず伝えないといけないと思いました。結論もその理由も自然な英語で伝えたいため、教えてgooさんで質問させて頂きました。出来る限り、もっと簡潔にしようと思います。どうもありがとうございました。

回答No.3

こんにちは。 日本語ではこの順番が自然だと思いますが、英語では一番大事な結論を先に伝え、それがなぜなのか、といっていくのが自然な流れです。 例えば、 I'm really glad to work here, but I can't work with Ms. XX anymore. She always does something awful to me and it makes me feel that I don't want to work here. Because I want to enjoy working here, I want to keep my distance from her. I wonder if you could make me move to another department such as the register. というような感じで言うと、何が起きたのか、と聞いてくるでしょうし、そうでない場合は、彼女と働きたくない理由を聞いてほしい、といって、2つの理由を言う、という流れでしょうか。 質問者さんの仕事内容にはあまり詳しくないのですが、理由の書き方を書くと、 1.先週の金曜日、フェイシングの時間である7時半を過ぎてからも、途中まで彼女は一緒にいたけど、倉庫に戻す作業をさせられた(スケジュールとは違った仕事をさせられた)。 →7時20分にフェイシングのために戻ってくると、まだ時間があるから、と、ヘアカラーをストックするようにいわれ、彼女も8時5分までは一緒にいたが、その後は、彼女が私一人で終わらせるように、と彼女一人、レジに戻り、私一人、ストックの仕事をさせられた。 2.水曜日、彼女と私が一緒に作業している時、彼女の仲のいい同僚が来たので、2人でどこかへ行ってしまい、彼女は私一人に仕事をおしつけた。 ここでNo.1の方がおっしゃった文を持ってくるといいと思いますよ。

Malene
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ございません。英語では結論を先に言うということは、頭の中では理解しています。しかし、悪く思われないように、褒め言葉を先に言ってしまうのは、日本人だからなのでしょうか。きっと、これも異文化なのかと思います。まずは結論を言うことを意識し、もっと簡単に伝えられるようにします。どうもありがとうございました。

• oignies
  • ベストアンサー率20% (673/3354)
回答No.2

ほとんどつうじないとおもいます。もうすこし手みじかにわかりやすく説明するしかないでしょうね。

Malene
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ございません。もちろん、最初から全てを一方的に話そうとは考えていません。しかし、oigniesさんのおっしゃる通り、もっと簡潔にした方がいいと自分でも思いました。まず最初は、「彼女と一緒に仕事をするのが嫌です」とだけ伝えて、理由を聞かれたら、具体的に話すことにしようと思います。ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
回答No.1

I cannot work with Yoshi, who is lazy, partial and unreasonable. ヨシ(変えてください)は、怠け者で、依怙贔屓で、不当な要求をします。     Let me work where she doesn't.     彼女がいないところで働かせてください。     とも。

Malene
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅くなり、申し訳ございません。とても分かりやすくて、覚えやすいフレーズをありがとうございます。ぜひ、参考にさせて頂きます。

関連するQ&A

• 話法の問題が解けません。

話法の問題が解けません。 1. She said to him, "Please help me with her homework." She ( ) him ( ) help her with her homework. 2.She said to me, "Do you remember me?" She ( ) me ( ) I remembered her. 3. She said to him, "What do you mean?" She ( ) him ( ) ( ) ( ). 4. She said to him, "Let's talk about it." She ( ) to him that ( ) ( ) talk about it. 5. She said, "How happy I am!" She said with joy that she was ( ) happy. 6.He said, "May God help me!" He ( ) that God ( ) help him. 7. Yesterday she said to me, "I'll see you tomorrow". Yesterday she told me that she would see me ( ).

• 英文を日本語に訳してください。

英文を日本語に訳してください。 よろしくお願いします。 I like that title. Maybe. I'm gonna write to it and see what comes. You do dramatic. Lol! I see! Nothing wrong with that.

• 話法教えてください

1誤りを正しての書き直し When he said to me what is the matter with me,I said him that I have not slept well. →When he asked me what was the matter with me ,I (    ) that I had not slept. 2文意が同じになるように He said to her , "Why didn't you attend the party?" = He asked(                                 ). 3話法を変えて 3-1Ken said ," What's wrong with you, Jon ?"・・・・"I have a headance," said Jon. →Ken asked Jon what was wrong wtih (  ). Jon (    ) (    )had a headance. 3-2He said to me ,"Let me do it ." →He asked me to let (   ) do it. 4直接・間接話法に 彼は私に「明日は忙しいから行けないよ」と昨夜言っていた 直接→Last night , he said to me ,"I won't go (    )because I will be busy ." 間接→Last night , he told me he wouldn't go (    )because I would be busy . よろしくお願いします

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 1、それ言い訳になっていないよ。 Do you think that can be an excuse? Your excuse doesn't make sense. 2、彼女は勝ち誇ったような表情で私を見た。 She looked at me with a triumphant expression. inかwithどちらを使うか迷いました。 3、それはあなたの都合でしょ? What an impertinent thing to say!      It's your personal reason, isn't it?     It's your convenience. よろしくお願いします。

• 次の英文の問いの解決策を英文で考えて頂きたいです

Dear Agony Aunt: My mother drives me crazy. She always meddles in my affairs. I want to pierce my ears, but she tells me I shouldn't do it. I'd like to dye my hair, but this is also forbidden. she says I should do what my parents say until I'm twenty. What do you think I should do? この英文に対する解答を英文10行程度で考えて頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文読解

この話の落ち(punch line)がわかりません。どなたか教えてください。 “A Mystery” “Something is very wrong,” says the detective. “I know!” says Ms. Gervis. “It is wrong that someone has stolen from me!” The detective looks around Ms. Gervis’ apartment. “That is not what I am talking about, ma’am. What is wrong is that I do not understand how the robber got in and out.” Ms. Gervis and the detective stand in silence. Ms. Gervis’ eyes are full of tears. Her hands are shaking. “The robber did not come through the window,” says the detective. “These windows have not been opened or shut in months.” The detective looks at the fireplace. “The robber did not squeeze down here.” The detective walks to the front door. He examines the latch. “And since there are no marks or scratches, the robber definitely did not try to break the lock.” “I have no idea how he did it,” says a bothered Ms. Gervis. “It is a big mystery.” “And you say the robber stole nothing else?” asks the detective. “No money, no jewelry, no crystal?” “That’s right, detective. He took only what was important to me,” Ms. Gervis says with a sigh. “There is only one thing I can do now.” “And what is that?” the detective asks with surprise. “I will stop baking cakes,” Ms. Gervis says. “They are mine to give away. They are not for someone to steal.” “You can’t do that!” says the detective with alarm. “Who will bake those delicious cakes?” “I am sorry. I do not know,” says Ms. Gervis. “I must solve this case immediately!” says the detective.

• 英文見てください

どなたか英文を添削してください。よろしくお願いいたします。 彼女って気さくですごく話しやすい人だと思うけど、何となく距離を置かれてるような気がするときがある。 I think she is friendly and very easy to talk to, but sometimes I can't help but feel she keeps some distance from me for some reason. 趣味を仕事にできるならそれが一番だろうけど、自分の得意なことと好きなことって必ずしも一致しないのではないかと思います。(wouldなどをここで使うべきかどうか自信がありません) It would be best if we could make a living by our hobby, but I think what you are good at does not always agree with what you like to do. 一ヵ月後自分がどこにいるかすらわからない。(evenを入れる場所がよくわかりませんでした。) I have no idea even where I will be two weeks later from now.

• 英文の意味がよくわかりません。

下記の文の意味を教えてください。It seeks 以下がよくわかりません。 "It does not accomplish what it sets out to do. It seeks to get revenge, but it is inefficient, it does not, in fact, deter," she said. --補足-- 【前後の文】 Another argument against the death penalty is that it is ineffective, says Dorothy McClellan, who teaches at Texas A & M University at Corpus Christi. "It does not accomplish what it sets out to do. It seeks to get revenge, but it is inefficient, it does not, in fact, deter," she said. But many Americans believe the death penalty dissuades people from committing grisly murders, and, at the very least, guarantees they will not kill again. 【出展】 VOA news http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Death-Row-Exonerated-Seek-End-to-Death-Penalty-134171228.html

• 困っています。翻訳お願いします。

Thanks for the credit card. I just spoke with our warehouse and we are out of stock on a few items. I have listed below. Please let me know if you would like to substitute any of the other prints. Also on the OCS do you have an account number with them for us to use to notify OCS that we have a shipment for you? Out of Stock Items -oven mitt-ahoy-out of stock Ahoy-tea towels-out of stock Francesca tea towels-out of stock - we have the "Claire" another floral Aprons in Aviary in coral and blue Please let us know what you would like to substitute for these out of stock items

• what の意味について

2人の会話が以下のようにあります。 Angela: Ugh! I hate talking to Rebecca. Every time I ask her a question, she ignores me or sneers at me. Ronny: Are you sure it’s not your imagination? She’s perfectly nice to me. Angela: It’s not my imagination. When I try to tell her something, she cuts me off. When I try to explain something to her, she’s short with me or talks over me. I always get the feeling that she’s looking down her nose at me. Ronny: Maybe she feels threatened by you. Angela: How so? Ronny: You’re younger, smarter, and better educated. She might feel like you’re after her job. Angela: But I’m not! I just started here and I don’t have any designs on replacing her. Ronny: And you’re prettier than she is. Angela: What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true? とまだ次に続くのですが、最後の文の “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?” は、 “What does that have to do with ~?” で、「~とどういう関係があるのか」という言い回しがあるようですが、 What と、that を文法的に教えていただきたいのです。 have to do with =~と関係がある という意味ですが、 先の疑問文を通常文(肯定文)にしたらどうなるのでしょうか。 that は、She(Angela) is prettier than she(Rebecca) is. を指し、 what は、この場合は漠然とした意味でsomething 又はit と考え、 That have something ( 又は it?) to do wiht something. としました。 疑問文にすると、that (AngelaがRebeccaよりもかわいい)ということで、「何と」(haveの後のsomething)、「何か」(withの後のsomething)がと関係あるのか? ちなみに、解説では、 “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?”meaning why is that important that I may be prettier than she is. とあります。 あまり質問が上手に説明できていませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。