• ベストアンサー

チェックしてください。

ヘレンケラーの自伝からです。 But about this time I had an experience which taught me that nature is not always kind.One day my teacher and I were returning from a long ramble.The morning had been fine,but it was growing wame and sultry when at last we turned our faces homeward.Two or three times we stopped to rest under a tree dy the wayside.Our last halt was under a wild cherry tree a short distance from the house.The shade was grateful,and the tree was so easy to climb that with my tracher is assistance I was able to scramble to a seat in the branches.It was so cool up in the tree that Miss Sullivan prposed that we have our luncheon there.I promised to keep still while she went to the house to fetch it. しかし、この時間について、私は自然は必ずしも親切ではないと私に教えてくれた経験をした。ある日、私と先生は、長い散歩から立ち止まって帰るとこだった。朝はよく晴れていた。しかし、私たちが家路に向かおうと顔を回したとき、それは暖かく、蒸し暑くなってきた。2、3回道ばたの木の下で休んだ。私たちは、最後に家から短い距離の野生の桜の木下で休んだ。その日陰は心地よく、その木は簡単に登れそうで、先生の援助によって、私は容易に枝によじ登ることができた。木の上はとても涼しく、私たちの昼食ここでしようと提案した。私は約束し、そこから彼女を自宅につれて帰った。 最後の2,3文単語でclimbとscrambleの登るといった同じ意味の単語が出てきて、自分の取りやすい形で訳してしまいました。同じくto keep still while をうまく訳せず飛ばしました(笑) すみませんが、チェックお願いします。

• gori4
  • お礼率1% (1/66)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • IXTYS
  • ベストアンサー率30% (965/3197)
回答No.3

こんにちは。 とても良くがんばって訳しましたね。 ほんの少し手を入れるだけで見事な文章になります。 文章は、自分で何回も読んでみて、おかしなところは思い切って意訳しても良いのです。 何回も推敲した文章は、他の人に喜んで読んでもらえるのです。 いつか、あなたが翻訳した小説が、日本でベストセラーになっているかも知れませんよ。 がんばってね。 しかし、この頃、自然はいつでも親切というわけでもない、と教えられる経験をした。 ある日、先生と私は、長い散歩に出掛け、丁度帰ろうとしているところだった。 その日の朝は、良く晴れていた。 しかし、私たちが家路に向かう頃には、既に暖かく、むしろ蒸し暑くなっていた。 2、3回道ばたの木の下で休んだ。 私たちは、家に程近い距離にある、野生の桜の木の下で最後の休憩を取った。 木陰は心地よく、その木は簡単に登れそうに見えたので、先生に尻を押してもらって、容易に枝が二俣に分かれて、平らになっているところまでよじ登ることができた。 そこは、とても涼しかったので、サリヴァン先生は、ここで昼食にしようと提案した。 私は先生が家に帰って弁当を持って帰って来るまで、ここからどこへも行かず、じっと待っていると約束した。

その他の回答 (2)

• heisenberg
  • ベストアンサー率23% (591/2556)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。  「fetch」という単語の語義を考えますと 次のように訳するのが適切かな・・・。  「私は 彼女(サリバン先生)が家に行って昼食を取ってくる間 じっとしていると約束した。」

• heisenberg
  • ベストアンサー率23% (591/2556)
回答No.1

「to keep still while~」は「~する間 じっとしている」の意味です。  「while she went to the house to fetch it.」は「彼女がそれを取りに家に行っている間」ということです。  ですから  「I promised to keep still while she went to the house to fetch it.」は「彼女(サリバン先生)が家に昼食を取りに行っている間 じっとしていると約束した。」となります。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I felt like we were really dragging the brand through the mud, I did not want to end up like a classic rock band. Even though we were ‘classic’ we lasted where other bands had not. I wanted us to still be relevant, and to remain relevant you have to remain creatively relevant. To do that, you have to still make records. So I felt like we needed to take some time off and make a record. I was under the impression that was how everyone felt, because after having a few conversations with guys in the band, I felt we were all in that same place and same mode. Then nothing ever happened, we didn't get together and start working on music. So it goes on and on.”

• よろしくお願いします

A few years ago I got into an office romance. We were both single and in our mid-20s. It was alcohol- soaked and sex-filled and a hell of a lot of fun. About six months into it I realized this woman and I had virtually nothing in common aside from our penchant for work, sex, and booze. Then we found out we were expecting. We're still together (although no longer working in the same office), we have an amazing daughter, and are both loving and committed parents. The problem is that aside from our daughter, we still have next to nothing in common. I wasn't as happy as I could be, but I accepted this. I wasn't as happy as I could beはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文チェックお願いします!!

英語の文章を考えたのですが、どうも文法がおかしいところがあるような気がします。まだ途中なのですが、チェックをお願いします。 My favorite sport is basketball. I have played basketball for seven years. I learned many things of basketball. At first I learned “an effort and don’t give up mind” When I started playing basketball, I was not fast run other player. But I was effort little by little at elementary school. I became early than before now to run. I know that an effort and don’t give up were very important. Next, I learned by leadership. I was a captain by basketball club in junior high school. When I became a captain, there was worried. And I knew difficulty that awareness as a leader of a team gathered up a sprouting team while I practiced it. The basketball club was strong team work. Try hard serious basketball. And I played basketball well. I understood that very important with a leader “I must move at first!” When I knew it, I decide to move positively and build a relationship of mutual trust with a friend and thank that I was able to cooperate. As a result, it was able to be collected in a team. I was able to learn the leadership through club activities. I learned to cooperation as team. And I understood that it can’t only one.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester also commented on what it was like playing with STP for the first time: Bennington: When we got together, right away it was three songs from Dean, three songs from Robert, three songs from me — overnight! All this adrenaline was injected right into our hearts. If we got together and it was weird, it wouldn't have happened. But we got together and it was amazing. The new music needed to feel like it was us. It was still STP but it's me and I don't want to be doing a caricature of Scott. Live, I'm singing Scott's melodies and Scott's songs so I want to stay honest to that and present it in a way that people feel they're getting an STP show. … It's been an interesting and very rewarding experience so far.

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We reached our room in the hotel. A few minutes later I found that my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd that I had left my purse behind the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• hold it

I am having an issue with our 13-year-old bichon frise and am hoping that you can point me in the right direction. We adopted our dog when he was 1 year old, and he was house-trained. Until recently, our work schedule allowed us to walk him three times a day. Midsummer, my husband changed jobs, and we now are able to walk him only twice a day. It had not been an issue until recently. For the past two months, he has been going in the house nearly every day while we are at work. We have consulted the vet, and our dog was medically cleared. The vet suggested we sedate him during the day with a mild sedative, saying that should decrease the accidents. I have a few issues. I do not believe that it's right to sedate our dog just because he cannot hold it any longer. ここでのhold itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 和訳を教えてください。

下記洋楽の和訳を教えてください。 She stood there And said goodbye, I thought was gonna cry Instead I shocked us both and threw up. Well it was not a pretty sight 'Cuz she was all dressed in white But who would've thought I would throw up It was love, love, love That broke our hearts It was love, love, love That drove us nuts It was love, love, love That kept us up all night She had meant the world to me She was smart and funny and could sing Not as if that should mean a thing She also had a super ass And I loved her family Especially the dad You know I couldn't wait To call him Dad Well everyone we loved was there Sitting in (?)and folding chairs Anxiously awaiting the aisle As the organ, it began to pump The famous tune, pedum dedum Well everyone was staring down the aisle It was love, love, love That broke our hearts It was love, love, love That drove us nuts It was love, love, love That kept us up all night (whoa-a all night) Who knew, right then my bride to be Would be leaving me I thought that this only happened in the movies But isn't life just like this, A bunch of roses that smell like shit And though we see the pricks We still get pricked. So live life to its fullest each day 'Cuz there are no rules or guarantees Don't worry 'bout tomorrow Don't even worry 'bout today

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Stone Temple Pilots’ DeLeo brothers were interviewed by Banana 101.5 and for the first time they candidly discussed their decision to fire Scott Weiland. Below are some excerpt quotes from the interview regarding Weiland: Robert: “…that kind of led us … I think you get to a point in your life where your BS meter starts running down to a certain kind of tolerance. It wasn't just a musical decision or a business decision it was a quality of life decision and that really what it's about…” Dean: “We want to be able to fulfill our commitment through the band too. Robert, Eric and I, we want to be able to come to town and give you everything we've got and it was getting to a point where we were unable to do that. Robert: “We're gonna be able to do material that we weren't able to do and I think from seeing what you saw with Scott — I think you know what I mean. We're gonna be able to perform stuff that we've been dying to perform for a long time.”

• 以下の英文の解釈をお願いします。

以下に英文(大幅に省略しているので文章の繋がりは読めないです、スミマセン)と、それに対する疑問点を書かせていただきます。よろしくお願いいたします。 It is a beneficial thought that we were once children.(省略) We try to behave not as we want to behave, nor even as we think we ought to behave, but as we think others expect us to behave. So we enter into a world of pretence and deception, deceiving others and perhaps ourselves as well, and being deceived by them in turn. So we are placed under a continual strain.(省略) After all, it isn't so easy to act the part of someone else, according to what we imagine others may be expecting of us, especially when that expectation may change from day to day. As for all this strain, I hardly need add how harmful it must be to our health. (省略) Pretending we are still children is just as bad as pretending we are other adults than ourselves.(省略) All pretence is positeively harmful, if only by putting us under a strain and so impairing our health. At the same time, we must recognize there's still something of the child left in us. We never grow up in such a way as to leave the past entirely behind us. What we were, in a deep sense, we still are: and it is important for our health and peace of mind to admit the fact. 2(5)文目で"we think(imagine)"という挿入がなされている所が上手く訳出できませんでした。3文目の"in turn"は「騙し、その次には騙される」という感じで訳したのですがどうでしょうか?10文目で"such a way as to~"に関してこれは"so as to~"的に訳せばいいのでしょうか?11文目は":"の前の部分の構造がまったくわかりませんでした。