• ベストアンサー

~ならば~なのを覚悟していた

警告を無視したということは、見つかれば罰を受けることを覚悟していたということだ。 を訳します。 That you neglected my warning means that you were prepared to be punished if my act is found. meanでいいのかも疑問ですし、ifでいいのかも分かりません。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.1

Ignoring warnings means that you have behaved at risk of a punishment when it comes to light. "when it comes to light"の代わりに when it is disclosed when it is found out when it is out

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

適切な回答ありがとうございます。いろいろな言い方があるんですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.3

「警告を無視する」は ignore warnings (一度なら単数で)が一般に使われると思います。 It should be understood that you can be punished if somebody finds out your doing since you ignore my warning. ボクの警告を無視するんだから(←過去形にもできます)、誰かに気づかれたら罰せられる事もありうるってことになるよ。 みたいな意味になります。 if my act is found 「私」の行動が見つかったら、と言うことですか?

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

本当にいろいろな言い方があるんですね~ 回答ありがとうございます。

oborojuuji
質問者

補足

間違えました。if your act is foundです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#60992
noname#60992
回答No.2

元の文に近い形では、 You have neglected my warnings, which means that you were prepared to be punished if your act is found. mean の代わりになるのは、imply, suggest などでしょうか。

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。implyもよさそうですね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味が分かりません。教えてください。

この英文の意味が分かりません。教えてください。 I doubt if that was intended to mean what you think it means.

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。

以下の英文についてお尋ねします。 So, if a scratch game has overall odds of winning of about 1:4, that doesn't mean that if you buy four tickets that one will automatically be a winner. It means that if you were to buy all of the tickets available in that game, approximately 1 in 4 of them would win a prize. overall odds of winningはいわゆるキャリーオーバーと言う意味でしょうか?それが1:4ということは、?となってしまうのですがご説明頂けますでしょうか? thatはoverall~4、を指し、その後のthatは「その一人は自動的にwinnerになるわけでは無い」との捉え方で宜しいでしょうか? 最後にif you were~以降でそもそもこれは仮定法で、よく分かりづらいのが1 in 4 of themの部分なのですが、解説頂ければ幸いです。出来れば全文逐語的に和訳構文解説頂ければ有り難いです。

• 英文メールの訳を教えてください!

You know me. My life. I am concerned if I cannot give you all my attention. Just wanted you to know that work, parents and my "by myself" time is shared with you. If you are ok with that, which just means you will have some time to yourself, please come! ちゃんとした意味が知りたくて、質問させていただきました。 どなたか英語が詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら、訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 至急。英語について

『この前貴方が私に貴方の顔に座ってほしいって言ったのって、 私はただ貴方の顔に座るだけだよね?英語がわかる友達にLINEのやり取り少し見られた時にその友達が、それって座るだけじゃなくその先の行為をしたいって意味だよ。って言われたんだけどそうなの?英語分からないからokayって言っちゃったけどそれなら私嫌だ。』と言いたいのですが、 I want to ask you just one thing. You said you wanted to sit on my face before, didn't you? Does that mean you will just sit on my face and nothing more? Can I take your words literally? One of my friends who knows English watched our LINE talk and told me that it means more than that. If so, I hate it and I will have to take back my okay because I couldn't understand what you meant in English.←可笑しなところはないでしょうか?

• 和訳して欲しいです、お願いします。

I remember when you told me that can't love you 100 percent with my heart then it will not work between me and you and you said that it will be ok because I was honest and that I showed you the feeling of how to feel when someone really cares about you and that's ok. Do you still mean that? What happens if we were just good friends and not boyfriend and girlfriend could you handle that?????

• 英文を訳して下さい

I want you to know that even if it takes me 2 or 3 days to write you,please bear with me and also know that you are always on my mind and i mean every word of it. bear=熊ですよね? babyみたいな意味合いでしょうか? i mean every word of it. ここが上手く訳せません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 訳お願いします!

夢についての話だと思います。 訳お願いしますm(._.)m お願いします! Flying If you dream about flying and looking down on the people below, you may have an inferiority complex. Your dream may express your desire to be looked up to by others. Or, if you find yourself flying so high that you can't see anything below and feel no fear of falling, it may mean that you want to escape from your burdens. Climbing You may think that a dream about climbing mountains means you are trying to overcome difficulties. Whether or not this is true may depend on what kind of mountain you are climbing. If you are climbing a mountain with heavy snow and cold winds in winter, it may mean that you are in a bad situation. However, if you are climbing a mountain in warm weather in spring, it may mean that your life is going well. Being Chased If you dream about a person following you, it may mean that you have thoughts you wish to escape from. For example, you may be thinking you did something wrong. Or, if you are being chased by wild animals, it may mean you have strong characteristics in yourself that you want to escape from.

• 英語が堪能な方、和訳願います

I mean if you know everything, means its fine. それと I think I know. I think~は、なんとなくわかる、とか、なんとなくわかったという意味で覚えていたのですが違いますか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳について

たまに、英語を教えてもらっている友人から突然メールが届きましたが、上手く訳せない為、連絡を取ろうとしたのですが。。。連絡がつかず困っております。下記の英文はどのような訳になるのでしょうか?? You can get the grey disc in my appt. I watched that last one. Just a warning if i dont go on that trip then i will be in my appt in spring break. You guys can stay still if you want. Just lettin you know. Sorry

• 和訳をお願いします。

海外の友人が英語について教えてくれているのですが、何と書いてくれているのでしょう? **Here, if you were to say "samples" I would assume you found a sample resource online and used that. If you said "sampling" I would assume you went out and recorded stuff yourself to sample.