• ベストアンサー

覚悟

死を覚悟する。は I am prepared for losing my life.と I am ready for losing my life. どちらがいいですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ucok
  • ベストアンサー率37% (4288/11421)
回答No.3

意味は通じないこともないですが、「I am prepared/ready for (動詞)」という言い方はしないですね。 よく戦場へ赴くときなどに使うのは I am prepared to die. I am ready to die. です。どちらもよく使います。ただ、当然ながら、前者のほうが音節がたくさんある分、もったいぶって感じるし、後者は短い分、キレがいいですよね。 yahoo usaで「I am prepared」を検索するだけでも「I am prepared to die」が山ほど出てきますよ。

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

適切な回答ありがとうございます。prepareとreadyの違いもよくわかりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.2

映画とか見ていると、「そんなことしたら死ぬぞ」と言われて「覚悟は出来てるよ」と答える時に 「I'm ready to die.」とか使われてました。あと、 「I know this's gonna end my life/cost me my life.」とも言えそうですが。 何かの文脈の中でしかつかえませんけど・・・。

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

noname#60992
noname#60992
回答No.1

覚悟するというのが、準備ができているという意味なのであれば、どちらでも良いですし、また両方つかっても良いと思います。 I am prepared and ready for losing my life. 死を悟るという意味で使うのなら、 I understand that my death is near. とかのほうが良いかな?

oborojuuji
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ここでは死ぬ可能性があることを受け止めるという意味なのですが、I understand that my death is near.もかっこいい文なので参考にします。

関連するQ&A

• ~ならば~なのを覚悟していた

警告を無視したということは、見つかれば罰を受けることを覚悟していたということだ。 を訳します。 That you neglected my warning means that you were prepared to be punished if my act is found. meanでいいのかも疑問ですし、ifでいいのかも分かりません。

• twoの後に省略されてる名詞とは・・・!??

仕事をしながら子育てしている女性の英文で・・ My body says rest but my mind says I must get ready for tomorrow. I am 45 pounds over-weight, and every week,I add another pound or 『two』.This is another area of my life that I can't seem to control. この辺にありそうだという部分を、全部載せました。 最初は意味が分からなかったのですが・・ 『my life』 が答えのように思えてきました。 どんどん太っていくし、2重生活みたいな感じ!?だと思ったのですが 違いますか? お答えいただければ幸いです。

• 英文の疑問

英文の解説をお願いします。 I am especially interested in this position because my experience as a senior security professional in the military has prepared me for a disciplined, secure work environment and the challenges associated with unexpected events. という文章でprepared me forという用法を教えてください。 prepareとforの間にmeがくるのは初めて見ました。

• set me up

I am an attractive, retired, 65-year-old woman who was widowed some years ago. I’m happy with my life and ready to date again. I’m looking for a kind, professional retired or semi-retired man around my own age, and I’m having no luck meeting anyone. The problem is that I married my high school sweetheart, so I have never had to do this before. I keep hoping my friends will set me up, but so far I am still at square one. ここでのset me upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 下記の英文を和訳してもらいたいです。      宜しくお願いします。 

下記の英文を和訳してもらいたいです。      宜しくお願いします。  I am outside and sorry for no japanese. I cannot answer without you investmnt size. Since my service is commercial. Ask me if you are ready to start Regards

• この英語の訳を教えてくださいませんか?わかりません

it's so a strange story... i'm losing my mind for a girl that i've never met それはとても奇妙なストリーリー?みたいなかんじのところしかわかりません。。

• どれが正しいですか?

僕はあの店で母にあげる物を何か買うつもりだ。 1.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / for her / at that store. 2.I / am going to buy / something to give my mother / for her / at that store. 3.I / am going to buy / my mother something to give / for her /at that store. 4.I / am going to buy / something to give / for my mother / at that store. 5.I / am going to buy / something to give / to my mother / at that store. 6.I / am going to buy / something to give to my mother / at that store. どれが正しいですか?

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for 28 years, but our relationship has been at a brick wall for more than half of the marriage. For the past four years, we have lived under the same roof but completely separately, essentially as housemates. Up until now, I have made the decision to stay in the marriage because A) we have two daughters, both in their early 20s, and B) my husband is a pastor and I was once concerned about his image in the church community if we were to separate. Aggression and worrisome behavior have now entered the equation, and we have both accepted that our union is no longer salvageable. I am ready to start dating and move on with my life, as my husband has been doing for more than half of our marriage, but he still isn’t ready to upset the church community with the news of our formal separation. Personally, I am done putting up a façade. I am ready to move on from not only the marriage, but also the church community, but ultimately I do want to be the bigger person and respect my husband’s image. if we were to separateのところはif we separatedとも言えるのでしょうか?違いは何でしょうか?あと、the bigger personはなぜaではなくtheが使われているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 語順について

並べ替え問題で I have to apologize to him for losing his CD. を I have to apologize to him for his CD losing. と間違えたのですが、 何故for his CD losing ではダメなのでしょうか?

• 英文の構造を教えてください

At no time in my life have I been busier than Iam today. が答えになる並び替え問題で、at no time in my life を移動して、 I have been busier at no time in my life than I am today. はダメなのでしょうか?