• ベストアンサー

ConfirmationとVerification

My guess is that anon is saying that if you reconcile (confirm), for example, two due-from accounts at different times, it's possible that an inappropriate entry could be hidden by moving it from one to another in the interim. The solution, as I see it, is to reconcile them at the same time, and to trace all material reconciling items to clearing and to also vouch that entry. 上記はconfirmationとverificationの違いについての 比較に関してNativeに質問したのですが、要点は時間的 に verification・・・チェックは同時でないとだめ、時間 間隔をあけたらだめ confirmation・・・チェックしさえすれば、時間があいてもかまわない

• tabuk1
  • お礼率67% (358/528)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tadaoyagi
  • ベストアンサー率26% (86/322)
回答No.1

"Verify"と"Confirm"の違いについては、確かにtabuk1さんのおっしゃるような違い(時間的な違い)はあるかなとは思います。ただし、私が思うに決定的に違うのは、内部で精査・確認するのか、外部との照合を行うのかということかと思います。 "verify"は通常内部確認で、"confirm"は通常対外確認かと思います。 以下は、一例ですが・・・ 金融取引なんかを行う場合でも、取引約定になった場合、金融機関は取引入力を行い入力内容が正しいかどうか、"verify"を行った上で承認"approve"を行います。 その後、取引相手との間で約定内容に誤りがないか"confirmation"により確認します。

tabuk1
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。監査などで取引がちゃんと帳簿に記録されているのをチェックすることがVerification、一方取引先に売掛金の残高が正しいかチェックしてもらうのがConfirmationですね。Nativeもその程度の度合いを示していますね。

その他の回答 (1)

• cubics
  • ベストアンサー率41% (1748/4171)
回答No.2

時間的な違いあるという分野は存じておりません。そういう使い方もあるのかもしれませんが、両者の違いはと言われると、「confirmation」は、基準とかリストと照合がとれればいいが、「verification」は、単なる照合だけでなく、結果だけでなく照合自体も正しいか妥当かといった判定が伴うと思います。 「確認」と「認証」という単語がそれぞれあてられますから、「verification」の方が、より公式というかそういう感じですね。 書類を誰かに提出して、「confirmed」だと、受け付けられただけかもしれませんが、「verified」と言われると、一応基準を満たしているだなと安心できるような。

tabuk1
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。まさにその通りだと思います。役にたちました。

関連するQ&A

• ebay イーベイ 「CONFIRMATION」について教えてください。

こんばんは。 ebayでセラーをしています。 buy it nowで数量5個で売っている商品のうちアメリカ在住のバイヤー(スコアは「0」です)が2個落札しました。 しかし落札だけで入金がなく、翌日にインボイスを送りました。 すると翌日次のようなメールがebay経由ではなく、直接私のメールアドレスにきました。 件名:ORDER ○○○(←落札された商品の番号)FROM EBAY 本文:PLEASE E-MAIL ME CONFIRMATION THAT THIS ORDER HAS BEEN ENTERED. THANK YOU. このCONFIRMATIONの意味をはじめ、どうして欲しいのかがわかりません。解釈の仕方を教えてください。お願いします。

• ざっくり和訳していただけると助かります

I love tracking and delivery confirmation, but signing in Chicago is problematic (work) and the post here is terrible to deal with...if a signature could be avoided but still have tracking and delivery confirmation I would really appreciate that. No problem if that isn't possible, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask.

• VOA Facebook(2)

Equity analyst Anupam Palit at Greencrest Capital says when it comes to social media, nothing even comes close to Facebook. "It is the biggest company in this space and we believe what makes it very unique from every other company that went public last year in this space is that it is very, very profitable," said Palit. from every other の部分のfromが上手く訳せません。 あらゆる他の会社とは違い・・みたいな感じでしょうか?

• 英文を御訳し願います。

The question is how limited beings like ourselves can alter their conception of the world so that it is no longer just the view from where they are but in a sense a view from nowhere, which includes and comprehends the fact that the world contains beings which possess it, explains why the world appears to them as it does prior to the formation of that conception, and explains how they can arrive at the conception itself. 上記英文を御訳し願います。

• 訳が分かりません・・・

To the solution is added dropwise a solution of 280 gm (1.9 moles) of 3,4-dimethylacetophenone in 150 ml of isopropanol at such a rate that the solution gently refluxes. 溶液に、イソプロパノールをゆっくりと還流するような速度で、150ml中の3,4-dimethylacetophenone(ジメチルラセトフェノール) 自分で訳していて良く分からなくなってしまいました。 また、化学実験書の To the solution is added って普通の訳みたいに、 溶液に加えられた。 と、このように受身形にして訳すほうが良いのでしょうか? 以上、2点よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文を訳してください!!

こんにちは この英文を訳してください!! Is there something that you would like from Belgium that I can buy and than my mother can take it with her and give it to you? よろしくお願いします。

• 英文内容の違い(Negative confirmation)

Which of the following statements would an auditor most likely to the negative form of confirmation of account receivable to encourage timely consideration by the recipients? 私が理解できないのは次の2つの文の内容です。直訳は別にして内容の違いが把握できません。どなたかヒントをいただければ幸いです。 1.Report any difference on the enclosed statement directly to our auditors; no reply is necessary if this statements agrees with your records. 2.If you do not report any difference with 15 days, it will be assumed that this statement is correct.

• 訳し方

こんばんは。 たびたびすみません。よろしくお願いいたします。 Long-distance calls are, of course, expensive, and so it is advisable to know exactly what one is going to say and to make sure that the person one wants to speak to is at the other end of the line. 「長距離電話はもちろん、高くて、・・」私は恥ずかしながらここまでしか訳せませんでした。訳し方を教えてください。 文中のoneはthatの代わりでしょうか。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• Please check this! No.1

I'd like to show you the pictures as promised. The first picture with a koala was taken at DREAMWORLD in Gold Coast. I heard koalas ate only some sorts of many of eucalyptus trees. And the second one with a kangaroo was taken at the same place. There my mother and I held a koala and feed some kangaroos. When I held a koala, it (maybe she) attached a small poop to me. The third one is taken at Morton Island. It is the largest of islands which is formed from sand. There we can feed wild dolphins. It was at the Opera House that the forth one is taken. Do you think that its surface is slick? It is incorrect. In fact lines are traced out on it. Can you guess why? It is because the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad. I suspect, however, that it has meaning. And at the fifth, the Barbor Bridge comes out. It is said that the bridge connect the city of Sydney and their bedroom suburbs. 文法的に間違っている所、指摘お願いします。

• facebookにログインできません

Suspicious activity is detected. Your account is locked. Your account was sending spam, and for this reason it is temporarily blocked. To unlock your account, you must confirm that you are a real person and not a robot, and to prove you are the owner of the account. To do this, go through a simple verification procedure and fill out the form and submit it below. Immediately after that, your account will be unlocked. Please note that the data required for verification is not stored on our servers and used only once to unlock your account.Thank you for your understanding. Please do not forget to change your password after you unlock your account という英語のメッセ-ジが出てログインできません またyahooの検索でfacebookと入力してもこの画面が出ます どうしたらいいのでしょうか