• ベストアンサー

解釈お願いします。

解釈3つよろしくお願いします。 (1)It is not so much what a man wears at the way he wears it that warks the gentleman. (2)Grateful as we all are for the riches made available through cheap printing.(一部) (3)It was about a mile to the base of the hill,and from the bottom it looked impossible to walk up ,much less run. 一つでもいいのでよろしくお願いします。 Ps すいませんもう一つ・・・・(誤りを指摘せよ) Science is far away from a collection of facts and method. たくさんあってすいません。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • puchi555
  • ベストアンサー率65% (59/90)
回答No.2

(1) の英文ですが、 It is not so much what a man wears as the way he wears it that marks the gentleman. のタイプミスではないですか?だとすると、 「紳士のしるしは、何を着ているのかというより、 どう着こなしているかである。」のit that 構文です。 言い換えれば、 You can tell whether the person is a gentleman or not by how he wears his clothes, not by what he wears.ということです。 (2)Grateful as we all are for the riches made available through cheap printing. be grateful forで、~をありがたく思うです。 the richesは廉価な印刷技術がもたらした、知的豊かさと訳せば良いのでしょうか。 歴史的に考えますと、書物は大変高価なものでしたから、廉価な印刷技術の発明無しに、 あらゆる階層の人々に書籍が読まれるということはありえなかった、ということです。 「廉価な印刷技術(の発明)により、我々が分け隔てなく 豊かさを享受出来るようになったことは大変ありがたいことである。」 と訳してみました。 (3)It was about a mile to the base of the hill, and from the bottom it looked impossible to walk up ,much less run. It was about a mile to the base of the hillという文と、 it looked impossible to walk up ,much less run. という文が一つになっていると考えれば良いです。 「丘の麓まではおよそ1マイルだった。麓から丘を見上げると、 駆け上がるのはおろか、歩いて登るのすら不可能に見えた。」 much lessは~はおろか、という意味です。 Science is far from being a collection of facts and method. awayを除きます。 far fromで~から程遠い、~どころか、決して~でないという意味です。 far awayは物理的距離を表します。 being を入れたほうがより明確になると思います。 ご参考になれば幸いです。

amazon_564219
質問者

お礼

返信ありがとうございました。 参考になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.1

強調構文のIt --that--- (-なのはまさに-だ)と not so muchA as B (Aと言うよりはむしろBだ)の組 み合わせでしょうか。 「 紳士を作るのは何を着るかと言うよりはむしろそ の着方だ。」 (2)Grateful as we all are for the riches made available through cheap printing.(一部) Young as he is , he is brave . (彼は若いけれど勇敢だ)と同じタイプの文ですね。 「私たちは安価な印刷を通して手にはいるようになった 富には感謝するけれど・・」 (3)It was about a mile to the base of the hill,and from the bottom it looked impossible to walk up ,much less run. 一つでもいいのでよろしくお願いします。 much less/still less は「ましてやーない」でしたね。 「丘の麓まで役1マイル。麓から見ると歩いて上がるのは不可能に見えた。 ましてや走って上がるなんてなお不可能に思えた。」 Science is far away from a collection of facts and method. far from : 決して-ない、 ですからaway が要らな いのではないですか。 「科学は決して事実や方法の寄せ集めではない。」 こんな感じでしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英文解釈について質問があります。 12/4

To me, „Transition“ is an almost tender album, which very much relies on a sense of breath and a precise placement of elements. How do you see the possibility of recreating this mood in a live setting? Stefan Németh: The precise placement is hopefully something we can achieve by simply practicing. This special mood is for sure another question. With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. We found out: Some locations are just wrong. It must be a room and a light setting which helps to create this intimate feeling. Think of a theater stage: the audience sits in a convenient way and is not distracted. Their focus is on the stage, the lights go down, your senses are sharpened. Under these conditions it can work. For sure, you don´t find this everywhere. In addition to this scenario, we play with a drummer - Bernhard Breuer, from Vienna - on some occasions. This gives the whole set an extroverted effect. For me it is always interesting to see that the same piece can work in two versions. There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. And I am happy that we can choose between the trio and the duo version. 1.質問文についてですが、 私にとって「Transition」は”もろい”と言っても差し支えのないアルバムです。 which very much~の文のa sense of breath がどうもはっきりとわからないのです・・・。 2.With this kind of music it seems it is important that you are pretty much aware of where exactly you perform it. この文章についてですが、with this kind of musicまでが副詞句ですよね。 主文はそれ以降で、主語はit seems のit であってますか? 意味がはっきりとはつかめないのですが・・・。 3.There is no good or bad version, it seems it is about the actual situation - between the audience, the room and the musicians. この意味がはっきりとわかりません。 「いいとか悪いじゃなくてさ、・・・・・・」 以上3点よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。(2) 12/3

In how much were the experiences from your solo- and collaborational efforts directly beneficial to this process? Stefan Németh: I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. This sometimes means that you have to find out where the weak points in your track are. Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. But in the end this gives me a much better feeling with the final version. Florian Kmet: I refined the recording process, improved my gear and the use of different instruments during the work on my last solo CD and other projects. Personally, I come back to lokai with a clear head, when I have done something fruitful with another project. Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. 1.疑問文のIn how muchの部分の文法の構造を教えて下さい。 2.I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. この文章のproductionsのあとのthatは関係代名詞ですが、productionはどこに入るのでしょうか? 意味は、何曲かを通して学ぶ事が出来たと思う。その何曲かというのは、自分が満足するために本当に真剣にトライするべき何曲ってことだよ。 こういうことが言いたいのでしょうか? 3.Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. この文章ですが、if you are~と even if~に対する主文はどれでしょうか?it is about being~ ここですか? それと全体の意味はどうなりますか? 4.Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. この文章のcosmosですが、これは「秩序、調和」と解釈し、特別な音の秩序に通じるさらなる空間を感じる。そしてその細かい1つ1つ、それと構造上で作業をする事を楽しんでいるよ。 なにやらいまいちつかめないですが、解釈はこの方向で合ってますか?

• 和訳教えてください

A particular branch of knowledge is chosen, whether about the physical universe as in the sciences or about man himself as in the humanities. The aim of this study is not just to learn new facts, but to relate them to each other in an ordered whole. It is not enough to know things, like a walking encyclopedia. We have to aim at that understanding and wisdom which is the fine fruit of a university education. Thus in the sciences we learn how to draw general conclusions from various facts; and in the humanities we obtain a deeper understanding of human life from the reading of various authors. 長い英文ですがよろしくお願いします

• 解釈の確認をお願いします

英文の解釈が合っているかどうかの確認をしたいので、 英語に自信のある方、どうぞよろしくお願いします! This is the worst crime that any old woman can do, is to have a little bit of a belly and to show it all off, it's such a bad look and it started out by those bloody Spice Girls. お腹の肉がタプンタプンなおばあさんが、丈の短いピチピチのトップスを着て お腹を丸出しにしている様子を語った文章です。 正確な解釈はわからないのですが、 「年を取った女性がお腹を丸出しにするなんて最悪なこと。 見苦しくてヒドいスパイス・ガールの始まりだ」 というような意味でしょうか? ~is to have a little bit of a belly and to show it all off の箇所が特にわかりません。 ここの is to~は、文の始まりの、This と繋がるのでしょうか?

• 英文解釈

「The long and the short of it is, it is up to you.」 という英文に対して、 「結局のところ、それは君自身の問題なんだよ。」 という訳文があります。 この前半は、主語が「The long and the short of it」だと思うのですが、 なぜ「結局のところ」という訳になるのでしょうか? 熟語かと思って辞書を引いても出てきません。 どなかたお分かりになる方、お願いします。

• 英文解釈について

just as clearly, unintelligence is not what most psychologists seem to suppose, the same thing as intelligence but not as much of it. 全く同じように明らかなことは、知性がないということは、たいていの心理学者が考えているように思えること、すなわち、知性と同じものだが知性ほどその量が多くない、ということではない。 as much of itの部分が全く分かりません。 省略か何かが起こってるんでしょうか?

• 英文解釈

The development of printing from the simple stamping or signet-stone method to the process of printing on a press apparently occurred independently at different times in different parts of the world. Books copied by hand in ink applied with pen or brush were a significant feature of the Egyptian ,Greek and Roman civilization. In ancient Roma,commercial book publishers issued editiins comprising as many as 5000 copies of such works as those of the Roman poet Marital これの訳し方教えてください あと、訳も

• 英文解釈

下記の英文をどう解釈すれば良いのかわかりません。わかる方がいらっしゃいましたら解説お願いします。 "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” --補足-- 【前後の分】 For the next six years, Gorbachev embarked on a series of domestic reforms that radically changed the Soviet Union. Former U.S. Ambassador to Moscow Thomas Pickering said, "What he attempted to do is, he analyzed where Russia was going and attempted to ride a horse - instead, he was on the back of a bucking elephant.” Gorbachev’s reforms touched all segments of society. It included freeing press restrictions and releasing political prisoners and dissidents from jail and internal exile. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/europe/Gorbachevs-Domestic-Reforms-Led-to-End-of-Soviet-Union-135190548.html

• 英文解釈

下記の文中の"You get to a point where you say," はどう解釈すれば良いか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。 "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" --補足-- 【前後の文】 It was a good day for Ed Tavasieff. He pulled in 390 kilos of Dungeness crab from his pots outside the Golden Gate. Tavasieff said he is worried that California’s new plan for ocean sanctuaries will soon reduce his catch. "You get to a point where you say, 'Is this fishery viable any longer? Is it worth it for me to go out and catch a handful of fish?'" 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/California-Bans-Restricts-Fishing-in-Marine-Areas-114939769.html

• 高1、準動詞の穴埋め問題です。

穴埋めです。 よろしくお願いいたします。m(__)m 1)She wears a sweater of her own knitting. = She wears a sweater ( ) she knitted ( ) 2)He demands that I tell him everything. = He demands ( )( )( ) everything from me. 3)I can't find my purse. I ( )( ) left it at home. 4)He had the habit of dropping in without warning. = He ( )( ) drop in without warning. 間違いがあれば正しなさい。 1) Is your story found on facts? 少し解説もしていただけると、助かります。