• ベストアンサー

Please check this! No.1

I'd like to show you the pictures as promised. The first picture with a koala was taken at DREAMWORLD in Gold Coast. I heard koalas ate only some sorts of many of eucalyptus trees. And the second one with a kangaroo was taken at the same place. There my mother and I held a koala and feed some kangaroos. When I held a koala, it (maybe she) attached a small poop to me. The third one is taken at Morton Island. It is the largest of islands which is formed from sand. There we can feed wild dolphins. It was at the Opera House that the forth one is taken. Do you think that its surface is slick? It is incorrect. In fact lines are traced out on it. Can you guess why? It is because the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad. I suspect, however, that it has meaning. And at the fifth, the Barbor Bridge comes out. It is said that the bridge connect the city of Sydney and their bedroom suburbs. 文法的に間違っている所、指摘お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

こんにちは。 単純な文法的ミス、不自然(日本語的すぎる)な表現はありますが、意味は一通り分かります。 友達宛のメールであればこれくらいでOKだと思いますよ。完璧さにこだわると毎回誰かに添削してもらわないといけなくなって、手紙を書くのに時間もかかるし、ストレスになると思います。むしろ相手の方にあなたの現在の英語力を知ってもらう上でも、できるだけ添削なしで送った方がよいと思います。向こうの方も、あなたの英語力が少しづつ伸びて行くのを見るのは楽しいと思いますし。 で、それをふまえて以下、enna2005さんへのつけ加えです。 I heard koalas ate only some sorts of many of eucalyptus trees. "some sorts of"と"many of"が繋がっていて混乱します。 →I heard that koala eats only some sorts of eucalyptus tree.とどちらか一つにするか、もしくは、"I heard that koala eats a lot of(量なのでmanyではなくa lot of)certain types of eucalyptus tree.""I heard that koala eats only some sorts of eucalyptus tree (but a lot of them)."みたいにしてみると良いかと。 "It is the largest of islands which is formed from sand." →It is the largest island (in the area)... "Do you think that its surface is slick? It is incorrect. In fact lines are traced out on it. Can you guess why? It is because the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad. I suspect, however, that it has meaning." この部分が少し何を伝えようとしているのか分かりにくいですが、 slick→smooth(なめらか)の方が一般的です。 lines are traced out→there are many lines on the roof(屋根にはたくさん線がひいてある?) "the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad."→reflection of the sun hurts the eyes(太陽の反射が目を痛める) "suspect, however, that it has meaning."→これは私もなぜここに挿入されているのかよく分かりません。 "It is said that the bridge connect the city of Sydney and their bedroom suburbs." "bedroom suburbs"→「ベッドタウン」の直訳だと思いますが、英語の場合は"suburb"のみでOKです。 アドバイスとしては、 日本語で考えた文章を直訳すると"be+過去分詞"の形が多くなりがちなんですが、これを、主語を工夫したり動詞を工夫することで、できるだけストレートな表現に持って行くと良いと思います。その方が英語的で分かりやすい文章になるでしょう。

その他の回答 (2)

• lark3rd
  • ベストアンサー率36% (39/106)
回答No.3

明白な文法ミスについては、No.1さんとNo.2さんのご指摘で全てかと思います。 単語選択という点で、重箱の隅をつつかせてもらうなら・・・ in Gold Coastのinと、at Morton Islandのatは、私ならonにしてしまいそうです。inやatが絶対間違いと言い切る自信はないですが。 some sorts of many of eucalyptusは、particular kinds of eucalyptusがいいかと。 It is the largest of islands・・・のところは、It is the largest sand island in the world.(実際は世界で2番目らしいですけど) I suspect, however, that it has meaning.はひょっとして「私も何か理由があるとは思っていたんだけどね」てな意味ですか?であれば I myself believed there should be a reason for it, and it is the reason.ぐらいですかねぇ。 あるいは「理由はそれだけじゃないはずだ」というなら、I do not believe it is the (one and) only reason.というのはどうでしょう。

• enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.1

さーっと見た上でのシンプルなミスだけですが。 I heard koalas ate only some sorts~ ここのateは今も変わらぬ事実なので現在形のeatで。 There my mother and I held a koala and feed some kangaroos.ここのfeedは過去形にしてfed。 When I held a koala, it (maybe she) attached a small poop to me. =whenをwhile に変えて、あとはit did a small poop on me. It is because the surface which gets sunshine makes eyes of seamen bad. =It's because when the surface gets sunshine, it ( the reflection ) blurs the view of the sailors. I suspect, however, that it has meaning =これはちょっと意味がわかりません。

関連するQ&A

• 英文チェックお願いします!!

英語の文章を考えたのですが、どうも文法がおかしいところがあるような気がします。まだ途中なのですが、チェックをお願いします。 My favorite sport is basketball. I have played basketball for seven years. I learned many things of basketball. At first I learned “an effort and don’t give up mind” When I started playing basketball, I was not fast run other player. But I was effort little by little at elementary school. I became early than before now to run. I know that an effort and don’t give up were very important. Next, I learned by leadership. I was a captain by basketball club in junior high school. When I became a captain, there was worried. And I knew difficulty that awareness as a leader of a team gathered up a sprouting team while I practiced it. The basketball club was strong team work. Try hard serious basketball. And I played basketball well. I understood that very important with a leader “I must move at first!” When I knew it, I decide to move positively and build a relationship of mutual trust with a friend and thank that I was able to cooperate. As a result, it was able to be collected in a team. I was able to learn the leadership through club activities. I learned to cooperation as team. And I understood that it can’t only one.

• よろしくお願いします

At my last party, a very good friend of mine who is obese broke a chair as she sat in it. I played polite hostess and made sure she was OK. I’ve now taken it to get fixed and found out it’s broken beyond repair. taken it toは「どこかへ持っていった」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文のチェックお願いします。

結婚をしようか悩む友人にアドバイスする英文を考えよという課題で 英文に間違いがないかチェックお願いします。どんな細かいことでもむしろありがたいです。よろしくおねがいします。 I think you don’t have to make a proposal of marriage. Can you remember how many people did you married with? It’s going to be 6th husband! The first you got married was a cook and next was a famous singer. Then, third husband was a doctor, forth was a French man and fifth was a high school student. It is time you stopped. I think you are not fit for such a restricted life. How about just making lovers? It will be reasonable for each other and no one is hurt like 5 men you had married. You should do from now on. Anyway, it is not only one problem. What I want to say the best is that sixth guy is my father!!

• このときはTHAT?THIS?IT?

このときはTHAT?THIS?IT? たとえば、クラスで自分の発表が終わって、「発表どうだった?」 ってきかれて (1)That was a alot of pressure on me. (2)I have never done this before i am sure (3)it can be rewarding って答えてみたんですが、それぞれ (1)のTHAT、(2)のTHIS (3)のITがあっているのかわかりません。 特に(1)はTHISで(2)はTHISではなくITなのかな?と思います。 (1)をTHATにしたのは、たとえば、映画とかで、お金の話をしていてそのときに 「THAT is my after」と、今話していることなのでTHATを使っていたるするので THATかな?と思いました。 (2)はTHISをITにして言ったことがないので、ITで発音したら違和感があったので・・・・

• It is this demonstr...

It is this demonstrated ability to maintain a rising standard of life within a population that is confined to a limited area that a famous historian described as the great historic event of our time. 強調構文となってますが、It is...はIt was...になるのではないでしょうか。

• 数学の思い出

claimとthe net resultの訳語と◎から◎までの和訳お願いします。 It seemed clear that mathematics had a better claim to be considered knowledge than anything else; therefore it was to the principles of mathematics that I addressed myself. At thirty-eight I felt that I had done all that it lay in my power to do in this field, although I was far from having arrived at any absolute certainty. Indeed, the net result of my work was to throw doubts upon arithmetic which had never been thrown before.◎I was and am persuaded that the method I pursued brings one nearer to knowledge than any other that is available,◎but the knowledge it brings is only probable, and not so precise as it appears to be at first sight.  * Bertrand Russell, What I Believe

• 日本語→英語について

「それの練習をするときは、2つのタイプのノートカードを用意しようと思います。一つは全ての文章が書かれたもの、もう一つはキーワードしか書かれていないものです。」 「When I practice it, I think that I will prepare the two types of note cards: one was written all of the sentences, and the other one was written only keywords. 」 - こちらの英文なのですが、one [is]ではなく[was]でしょうか? どちらか迷ったのですが、「書かれた」なのでwasかな?と思ったのですが、あっていますか? またこちらの英文があっているかも見て欲しいです。(文法的な意味で) お願いします。

• Translat Please

hi thanks for the reply... i saw a video here that uses ubuntu http://www.youtube.com/user/h****a i think you can send your reply in japanese language/text and i will translate it thru google... i was being worried if i tried installing it to a 2-4 gb flash drive, and the flash drive might have a problem by using it as a boot device thank you... i'm really interested on the tools of falcon

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

He did extract one long sheet of paper, and held it up. It was typewritten with a paragraph in handwriting at the bottom on the side visible from the window. He laid it side by side with another sheet of paper which was lying on the desk. I pressed close up to the window, intending to wave and smile if I was seen, and to call out that I was sheltering from the rain which was now coming down in thumps. But he kept his eyes on the two sheets of paper. There were other papers lying about the desk; I could not see what was on them. But I was quite convinced that he had been practising handwriting on them, and that he was in the process of forging his mother's will. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 主人公は15歳ぐらいの女の子です。 he=検眼士です。 窓の外から主人公が検眼士の様子を窺っている場面です。 --------------------------------------------------- ●I could not see what was on them.について ここの訳は、”私は紙の上に何が書かれているのか見ることができなかった” ですか? what was on themのところがよくわからないのですが。 ●I pressed close up to the window, intending to wave and smile if I was seen, and to call out that I was sheltering from the rain which was now coming down in thumps.について to call out that I was sheltering from ~の部分はintending toにつながるのでしょうか? call out that~は、that以下を叫ぶ、という意味ですか? 前文は After five minutes' long waiting time the shape arose and switched on the light by the door. It was Basil, suddenly looking pink-haired. As he returned to the desk he stooped and took from the safe a sheaf of papers held in the teeth of a large paper clip. I knew he was going to select one sheet of paper from the sheaf, and that this one document would be the exciting, important one. It was like reading a familiar book: one knew what was coming, but couldn't bear to miss a word. となっています。 教えてください。宜しくお願いします。

• チェックしてください。

ヘレンケラーの自伝からです。 But about this time I had an experience which taught me that nature is not always kind.One day my teacher and I were returning from a long ramble.The morning had been fine,but it was growing wame and sultry when at last we turned our faces homeward.Two or three times we stopped to rest under a tree dy the wayside.Our last halt was under a wild cherry tree a short distance from the house.The shade was grateful,and the tree was so easy to climb that with my tracher is assistance I was able to scramble to a seat in the branches.It was so cool up in the tree that Miss Sullivan prposed that we have our luncheon there.I promised to keep still while she went to the house to fetch it. しかし、この時間について、私は自然は必ずしも親切ではないと私に教えてくれた経験をした。ある日、私と先生は、長い散歩から立ち止まって帰るとこだった。朝はよく晴れていた。しかし、私たちが家路に向かおうと顔を回したとき、それは暖かく、蒸し暑くなってきた。2、3回道ばたの木の下で休んだ。私たちは、最後に家から短い距離の野生の桜の木下で休んだ。その日陰は心地よく、その木は簡単に登れそうで、先生の援助によって、私は容易に枝によじ登ることができた。木の上はとても涼しく、私たちの昼食ここでしようと提案した。私は約束し、そこから彼女を自宅につれて帰った。 最後の2,3文単語でclimbとscrambleの登るといった同じ意味の単語が出てきて、自分の取りやすい形で訳してしまいました。同じくto keep still while をうまく訳せず飛ばしました(笑) すみませんが、チェックお願いします。