• 締切済み

英語

mt_mhの回答

• mt_mh
  • ベストアンサー率24% (273/1113)
回答No.3

of + 抽象名詞 = 形容詞* とみなします。(*正確には 形容詞句) なので、"of + 抽象名詞" は補語になることができます。 つまり、 Being willing to take risk is of tremendous value. という文は (主語)Being willing to take risk (動詞)is (補語)of tremendous value. となり、SVC の構文。 下は、同様の構文の例: ■ The food is of good quality. その食べ物は質が良いです。 (S)The food (V)is (C)of good quality ■ He is of ten years. 彼は10歳です。 (S)He (V)is (C)of ten years ■ She is of Jewish background. 彼女はユダヤ系です。 (S)She (V)is (C)of Jewish background

mikannokanzume
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!!

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題教えて下さい!

what(are,is,matters,to,if,willing,you)take part in the project. She is no longer(used, what,to,be,she). my(me,uncle,I,today, has,am,what,made) この並びえを教えて下さい。

• 英語

Being a friend to humans is the job of these robots. 一つ一つの単語は分かるのですが、どう読めば文になるのかが、わかりません。 低レベルな質問ですがよろしくお願いします。

• 英語 並び替え問題

次の英文を正しく並べ替えてください。和訳もお願いします。 1 Don`t (any/take/of/what/notice) he said. 2 Mary is not used (being/of/to/made/fun) in the presence of others. 3 The speaker was worried (about/would/how/the audience/react) to his speech. 4 I am (done/of/this/ashamed/having). 5 Everybody found (this/worthwhile/reading/it/book).

• A lot of risk is involves in what I

A lot of risk is involves in what I'm planning on doingの後に続く これ→It's going to take a lot of courageはどういう意味になりますか? 度胸がいりそうだ。でしょうか?

• Are you willing toの訳し方。

Are you willing toの訳し方。 Are you willing to risk that? いいのかな? 自分の解釈は、こんなリスクがあるけどいいのかな? Are you willing toは、どのように訳されているのですか?

• 英語の問題がわかりません。

一応考えた答えは1が(1)か(3),2が(2),3が(1)です。 わかる方がいたら教えて下さい。お願いします。 1 We were surprised at his ( ) to our proposal.  (1)willing to agree (2)willingness of his agreeing (3)willingness to agree (4)willingness in agreeing 2 The car isn't here today because Jane ( ) it. She generally uses the bus, but the drivers are on strike.  (1)uses (2)is using (3)used (4)was using 3 I could not bear to think of ( ) to that cruel woman.  (1)my dog being sold (2)my dog selling (3)my dog to sell (4)my dog's to be sold

• 英語の訳について

With chance, there's also the idea of something "unknown, unpredictable, a risk." 訳をお願いします。 ちなみに、前の文章は、 Many Japanese people tend to think of chance as being only a good thing, maybe because of the way it is used in Japanese.In fact, it's just the opposite. です。 また、chanceはイタリック体です。

• 英語の質問なのですがものすごく困っています。

The real rate of interest is currently 3 percent, and Albert expects inflation to be 5 percent. He is considering investing in a rather risky security that needs to have a risk premium of at least 9 percent. Because Albert likes to compare returns before investing, he has asked you to calculate the risk-free rate of interest. 最終行に問われているrisk-free rate of interestを求めています。お答えできる方、お力を貸してください。宜しくお願い致します。

• この英語はなんと訳すのでしょうか

よろしくお願いします。 有名な言葉らしいのですが正確な訳を知りたいです。 よろしくお願いします。 The risk of an incorrect decision is nothing compared to the terror of in decision. Maimnonides(Rabbi Moses Ben Maimon) 間違った決定のリスクは決定しない恐怖とはくらべものにならない、 でいいのでしょうか。 それとも 決定しないよりは間違った決定のほうがましだ、 という意味でしょうか。 どう訳せばいいのか教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語を訳していただけないでしょうか?

英語を訳していただけないでしょうか? ・A vailable gardening areas in cities are often seriously lacking, which is likely the key impetus for many roof gardens. ・The garden may be on the roof of an autonomous building which takes care of its own water and waste. ・Hydroponics and other alternative methods can expand the possibilities of roof top gardening by reducing, for example, the need for soil or its tremendous weight. の3文なのですが、やたらと長く、どこでくぎっていいのか分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。