英文の邦訳の添削について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文の邦訳の添削についてご質問があります。
  • 上記の英文を拙訳したものをご提示いたします。
  • ご指導いただけると幸いです。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の邦訳の添削

An even softer form would merely manage conflicts: two functions could be provided by one entity, but an information barrier would have to be erected and conflicts monitored – avoided where possible and managed where unavoidable. 上記英文中, conflicts monitored – avoided where possible and managed where unavoidableでは,その直前のwould have to beが省略された次のような拙訳になるものと解釈していいでしょうか? 「例えば,2つの機能が一つの事業体によって提供されることはありうるかも知れないが,情報障壁が構築されなければならないであろうし,衝突は監視されるべきであろう――(そして)可能ならば排除され,排除可能なら管理されるべきであろう。」 ご指導お願い致します。

• jubu
  • お礼率86% (907/1049)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9717/12085)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >上記英文中, conflicts monitored – avoided where possible and managed where unavoidableでは,その直前のwould have to beが省略された次のような拙訳になるものと解釈していいでしょうか? ⇒そうですね、細かくは、conflictsのあと、monitoredやavoided managed の前の3か所にwould have to beを補うことになりますね。 >「例えば,2つの機能が一つの事業体によって提供されることはありうるかも知れないが,情報障壁が構築されなければならないであろうし,衝突は監視されるべきであろう――(そして)可能ならば排除され,排除可能なら管理されるべきであろう。」 ⇒だいたいこのままでいいと思いますが、「であろう」の言い方は少し文書らしい表現に改善できるかも知れません。 (全訳) 《さらにソフトな形式のものは単に衝突の管理だけを行う。すなわち、一つの事業体(本体)で2つの機能を提供できるが、情報バリアを構築して衝突を監視する-可能な場合は衝突を回避し、回避不可能な場合はそれを管理する-必要がある。》

jubu
質問者

お礼

有難うございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳(添削)をお願いします。

A crucial question is whether this centralization of control is leading to the type of longterm macroeconomic outlook, on the part of universal owners (Hawley and Williams 2000) that would be expected given their internalization of what smaller investors would consider to be externalities. 上記英文の下記,試訳の添削をお願いします。 「決定的に重要な問題は,こうした支配の集中が予測されない外的影響を及ぼす存在と見なされる,より小規模な投資家の内在化を与件視すると多分に期待される偏在する所有者(universal owners)の側に立って,長期的マクロ経済のある種の見通しを,導くか否か,である。」

• 英文の邦訳の添削を願います。

The GRI also provides for stakeholder discussions of the relevant indicators that they will use, and some of the human rights tool kits are flexible. Clearly, this approach to monitoring faces problems of verifying the information it uses, given its reliance on self-reporting and even on choice of measures. These systems are all voluntary, monitored only by a corporation’s concern for its public respectability and reputation. 上記英文の下記の拙訳の添削を願います。 「GRI〔地球的規模報告イニシアチブ〕もまた利害関係者が使用する関連指標に係わる利害関係者の論議を提示し,人権ツール・キットの幾つかは弾力的である。明らかに,モニタリングに対するこのアプローチは,その自己報告への依存,および尺度の選択への依存をさえ与件として,それが使用する情報の変化の問題に直面する。これらのシステムはすべて自発的で,その公の社会的地位と評判への企業の気遣いによってのみモニターされる。」 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

This was often defined as the amount of land upon which a certain quantity of seed could be properly sown. A dispute would be resolved by calling in "the most honest and experienced sower, who could be trusted to be right to within a gallon. 上記英文を御訳し願います。

• 英文の構文と邦訳

It’s amazing that it was an external, private organization that suddenly gets CSRC [China Securities Regulatory Commission] and government officials to bend and to agree to things that they would never would have agreed to in any other circumstances. 上記英文の構文とお訳しをお示し下さい。 宜しくお願いします。

• 小説の中で気になった英文です。 【2】

小説の中でいくつか気になった英文があります。 気になったところだけでいいので教えてください。 1. –though we all knew where her loyalities would lie if push came to shove. (push came to shoveのところを教えてください) 2. I'd have shinned up a rocket-ship tree to have avoided passing Bugs, and Sal would make me give her a troublesome report on our guests on the neighbouring island, so Cassie it had to be. (訳と、it had to be のところの意味を教えてください) 3. It gives me time to think and come to terms with what’s happened. (come to terms with what's happenedのところの説明をお願いします) 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解釈・邦訳

(noting that were such a policy to be implement, some remaining shareholders “would have distinct personal interests in control” and that such a policy could “creat[e] the temptation to extract private benefits and in any event providing a windfall without apparent gains to shareholders or society as a whole”). 上記英文の最初のnoting that were such a policy to be implementの構文解釈がよく分かりません。ご指導お願いします。

• 英文の邦訳の添削

The firm makes its facilities available in whole or in part to managers looking after $11 trillion more, a tally that has recently been growing by about $1 trillion a year. All told, Aladdin keeps its eyes on almost 7% of the world’s $225 trillion of financial assets. This is unprecedented—and it means flaws in the system could matter to more than just BlackRock, its investors and its customers. If that much money is being managed by people who all think with the same tools, it may be managed by people all predisposed to the same mistakes. 上記英文の下記の試訳の添削をお願いします。 「BlackRockは,11兆以上の資産の管理の面倒を見るために,マネジャーに対してAladdinの全面的あるいは一部の利用を可能にしており,この数字は,年々約1兆ドルずつ成長していることを示している。結局の所,Aladdinは,世界中の225兆ドルの金融資産のほぼ7%に目を光らせている。これは,未曾有のことで,――また,それは,そのシステムの欠点が単にBlackRockのみならず,その投資家およびBlackRockの顧客にとって問題になるかも知れないことを意味する。多くの資金が,同じ手段を用いて考える全ての人によって管理されるなら,同じ過誤に感染する全ての人によってそれは運用される場合もある。」 以上宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳の添削を願います。

The question is how limited beings like ourselves can alter their conception of the world so that it is no longer just the view from where they are but in a sense a view from nowhere, which includes and comprehends the fact that the world contains beings which possess it, explains why the world appears to them as it does prior to the formation of that conception, and explains how they can arrive at the conception itself. This idea of objective knowledge has something in common with the program of Descartes, for he attempted to form a conception of the world in which he was contained, which would account for the validity of that conception and for his capacity to arrive at it. But his method was supposed to depend only on propositions and steps that were absolutely certain, and the method of self-transcendence as I have described it does not necessarily have this feature. In fact, such a conception of the world need not be developed by proofs at all, though it must rely heavily on a priori conjecture. 上記英文の下記の拙訳の添削をお願いします。 「問題は,われわれのような制約された存在が,自身の世界を,最早まさに自分のいる所から眺めた世界ではなく,ある意味で,何処にも偏らない〔西洋の神の〕視点から見た〔かのような〕世界に関する概念に如何に変えることができるかである。その問題では,世界がそれを所有する制約された存在を含むという事実が内包され,了解される。それは,世界が,構想の形成に先立って何処にも偏らない〔西洋の神の〕視点から見たかのように見える理由を,さらに,われわれがその構想そのものに如何に到達することができるのかを説明する。この客観的な知識の考え方はDescartesの基本方針と共通点がある。それは,Descartes自身が含まれる世界に関する構想を企図しようとし,それが,その構想の妥当性とそれに到達する彼の知的能力とを推し量るからである。だが,彼の方法は絶対に確実な主張と道筋にのみ依存するはずであり,私が表したような自己超越的方法は必ずしもこのような特徴を持っていない。実際このような世界観は先験的な推測に大きく依存するけれども,証明によって展開される必要はまったくない。」

• 英文の邦訳の添削

While seemingly entirely sensible, this formula makes an untenable assumption. It supposes that the economic and social world is given, and that the process of theorizing is a process of closer and closer approximation to that given world. In this respect, I would argue that the real challenge facing social science is to make sense of the claimed world of others, a world in which inherited theories do not seem to be able to sustain their claims of uniqueness. 上記英文の下記の試訳の添削をお願いします。 「総体的に有意義に思える一方,この定式化は,擁護できない憶測を立てる。そこでは,経済的および社会的な世界が与件であり,理論化の過程はそうした与件視された世界への漸近的接近であると言うことが真実であるように考えられている。この観点から,筆者は社会科学が直面する真の挑戦は,他者の主張する世界,その系統を引く理論が独自性を保持することができないと思われる世界の意味を解明することであると主張したい。」 以上,どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

In a scientific paper published in 1672 about “shining flesh,” Boyle inserted a narrative about the “night before,” and set up a mousetrap of his own, a fact-within-a-fact, so to speak: Yesterday, when I was about to go to bed, an amanuensis of mine, accustomed to make observations, informed me, that one of the servants of the house, going upon some occasion to the larder, was frightened by something luminous, that she saw . . . where the meat had been hung up before. Whereupon, suspending for a while my going to rest, I presently sent for the meat into my chamber, and caused it to be placed in a corner of a room capable of being made considerably dark, and then I plainly saw, both with wonder and delight, that the joint of meat did, in divers places, shine like rotten wood or stinking fish; which was so uncommon a sight, that I had presently thought of inviting you to be a sharer in the pleasure of it. (quoted in Daston and Park 1998:13) 上記英文を御訳し下さい。