• ベストアンサー
  • すぐに回答を!

英文の邦訳

The 2010 Citizens United decision by the United States Supreme Court, which allows corporations and labor unions to make unlimited contributions to groups attempting to influence elections, may in the future shed further light on whether corporate contributions lead to measurable electoral outcomes. For now, a strong case can be made that when it comes to getting what they want for themselves, American corporations have rarely if ever, been more powerful. 上記英文の最後の一節,For now, a strong case can be made that when it comes to getting what they want for themselves, American corporations have rarely if ever, been more powerful.の適訳ができません。お分かりの方,宜しくお願いします。

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数2
  • 閲覧数70
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.2
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率81% (7377/9099)

以下のとおり、むずかしいので多分に推測まじりですが、お答えします。 >上記英文の最後の一節,For now, a strong case can be made that when it comes to getting what they want for themselves, American corporations have rarely if ever, been more powerful.の適訳ができません。お分かりの方,宜しくお願いします。 ⇒まずは想像力で補いながら、構文解析し、その後で対訳に挑戦してみようかと思います。 (語句) *For now:辞書には「今のところ」とあるが、これだと現在から未来を臨む感じなので、「今では」(過去からの現在的帰着点を示す)がよいと思います。 *a strong case can be made that ~:「~が実現され得る強力な状況がある」。 *when it comes to getting what they want for themselves:「彼ら(アメリカ企業)が自社のために望むものを手に入れようとする(状況になった)とき」。 *American corporations have been more powerful:「アメリカの企業は(今より)力強かった。 *rarely if ever:「(これまでは)たとえあっても、まれであった」。 (試訳) ということで、これらをつないで、隙間をうまく埋めて全訳を試みます。 ⇒「アメリカの企業は、自社のために望むものを手に入れようとするとき、これまではさほど力強くなかった(ほとんど無力であった)が、今では、かなり強力な(実現可能な)状況になっている。」 以上、ご回答まで。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳

The willingness of American corporations to accept the moderate political environment was certainly made easier by the nation's global economic power. When that power began to recede, as it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie. 上記英文中,後半のas it almost inevitably did as the rest of the world began to recover from World War II, it became increasingly necessary for Americans to fight over the spoils of a shrinking pie.の部分が上手く訳せません。お分かりになる方,適訳をどうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい

I used to look on 'converted' vegetarians with contempt, but I've come to realise there is no case to be made for eating meat. 後半部分がまったく分かりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英語で前置詞について質問があります。

英語で前置詞について質問があります。 We want to get off to strong start. と言う文章があります。 この文章のget offの後ろのtoを、for,in,on の前置詞に変えたら意味は変わるのでしょうか? We want to get off for strong start. We want to get off in strong start. We want to get off on strong start. 回答お願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

• 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (14772/31461)

1。直訳  今のところ、自己満足のため、という点では、アメリカの会社は、もしそういう点が今までにあったとしても、これ以上力があったことはないという強い論拠がある。 2。意訳  アメリカの会社は、歴史始まって以来、現在以上に、強力であったことは全くと言えるほどない、と安心して言える。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からの補足

適訳かと存じます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

素材の事でアメリカのネットショップに質問をしていました。真鍮で出来ているか?と質問をしていました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 Please kindly be informed that our AAA are made of tempered Steel and then Nickel or Gold plated. For this reason our AAA never lose the AAA and are made for consumers who do not want to lose theirAAA and for manufacturers who do not want to lose their reputation!

• この英文で通じますか?

It is glad to hear that you come. Do you stay for ten days? I think that I rest it for the tenth on the fourth or five. The half of the remainder comes whether for you to enjoy Japan or for my parents to guide Japan. Please teach how you want to do. 「あなたが日本に来ると聞いて嬉しいです。 あなたは10日間滞在する予定ですか? わたしは10日の間、4日か5日休めると思います。 残りの半分はあなた自身で日本を楽しんでもらうか、わたしの両親に日本を案内してもらうかになります。 どのようにしたいか教えてください。」 という内容のことを伝えたいのですが、上の英文で伝わるか自信がありまん。よろしくお願いします。

• everの意味

if you ever want to see your daughter, you have to talk to me. you have no choice. 娘に会いたいなら、私と話すしかない、あなたに選択の余地はないんですよ。 この場合の、everの意味について教えてください。 辞書でeverを調べると、 1.At all times; always: ever hoping to strike it rich. 2. a At any time: Have you ever been to Europe? 2. b In any way; at all: How did they ever manage? See Usage Note at rarely. 3. To a great extent or degree. Used for emphasis often with so: He was ever so sorry. Was she ever mad! とありました。 2-bか3の使われ方のような気していますが、、 よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳をお願いします。

American youth especially use this feature in order to socialize with their friends. They can also have private conversations that they want to keep to themselves. 大体は分かるのですが、どうしても上手く訳せません。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 以下の英文が訳せません。誰か訳を教えて。

Barack’s story is the American story — values from the heartland, a middle-class upbringing in a strong family, hard work and education as the means of getting ahead, and the conviction that a life so blessed should be lived in service to others. 自分の訳してみましたが、以下のようになりました バラクの物語はアメリカ人の物語。それは、町の中心と中間層を強くすることと勤勉な労働と教育は前に進むことを意味します。そして他者へのおもてなしの忠誠。 正しい訳を教えてください

• 英文の和訳2

またまたすみません。 今回も、英文の訳を教えてください。 お願いします! 1.It is good to live a busy and honest life,for no one can be happy who is useless, and idleness makes all sorts of things wrong. >It is good to live a busy and honest lifeの意味はわかるのですが、 その後の文の意味、特にuselessとidleness の間にandがあるのにコンマが入る意味がわかりません。 2.It may be thought that the field of the unknown has been exhausted in engineering and that there is nothing left for the inquiring mind, but this comment is only made by those who do not see for themselves. >but this comment is only made by those who do not see for themselves の文の訳は分かるのですが、そこから前のところがさっぱり分かりません。 ちなみに、the inquiring mind=研究心のある人、だそうです。 長い文で読みづらくてごめんなさい。 スペルは一応確認しましたがもしかしたら打ち間違いがあるかもしれません。 おかしいときは、遠慮無く言ってください。

• 英文の間違いについて(1)

英文間違っていたり、訂正箇所があったら教えてください。 We can learn and know for some people to try new things. (私たちは、何人かの人が新しいことに挑戦することで学んだり知ることができる) For example, we can go to space, now. Many people studied space made us go to space. (多くの人々が宇宙を研究し、私たちを宇宙へいけるようにしてくれた) On the one hand, we can live for some people to do only what they already do well. For example, we can eat food for some people make vegetable and so on. I want to try new things and take risks. I'd like to discuss why I think so by talking about potential and dreams. (夢と可能性でなぜそう思うかを議論します) お願いします。

• 英文についての質問です。

The scientific study of genius began with the publication in 1869 of Hereditary Genius: An Inquiry into Its Laws and Consequences by Darwin's cousin Francis Galton, the founder of psychology, who conducted detailed research on the backgrounds, lives, and achievements of illustrious individuals and their relatives, deceased and living. But strangely, there is hardly a mention of 'genius' in Galton's book; no attempt is made to define genius; and no entry for 'genius' appears in the book's index( unlike 'intelligence'). When Galton published a second edition in 1892, he regretted his title and wished he could change it to Hereditary Ability. 'There was not the slightest intention on my part to use the word genius in any technical sense, but merely as expressing an ability that was exceptionally high,' he wrote in a new preface. 'There is much that is indefinite in the application of the word genius. It is applied to many a youth by his contemporaries, but more rarely by biographers, who do not always agree among themselves.' この英文の最後の方の内容がよくわかりません。 1)'There is much that is indefinite in the application of the word genius. thatは何を指しているのでしょうか? (天才という言葉を適応するには不明確なことがたくさんある、と訳したのですがthatの部分がわかりませんでした) 2)It is applied to many a youth by his contemporaries, but more rarely by biographers, who do not always agree among themselves.' それは同世代によるたくさんの若者に適応されているが、しかし伝記作者には滅多に適応されない。彼らは(伝記作者たちは)賛成しない。 hisは誰を指しているのでしょうか?(youth?) among themselvesはどうやって訳すのでしょうか? rarely=まれに、 more rarely=?(訳語がわかりません) 3)最後の部分の意味がとれないのですが、つまり質問の1)と2)の英文を合わせるとどういうことを言っているのでしょうか?伝記作者は天才という言葉を明確に使っている、ということですか?(It is applied to~のitがよくつかめていない感じです) 英文と質問が長くて申し訳ないです。 お手数ですがよろしくお願いいたします。

• 簡単な文章なんですが・・

応援ありがとう。日本のサッカーが強くなってきて嬉しいよ! 日本対ドイツの決勝が観たかった。 って Thank you for cheering!! I am glad japan soccer getting strong! I wanted to watch ........................ 添削お願いします

• 英文を日本語に訳してください!

アメリカ在住の中国人女性とメールでやり取りしています。彼女から送られてきた英文の内容がどうしても理解できないため、どなたか日本語に訳してください! よろしくお願いいたします! 好きな日本食の写真が複数メールに添付されていて、そのことと話の内容が関係していると思われます。 Eat food is good idea made people feeling better and getting energy. I like to cook difference dishes , can make me less bad feeling, concentrate on the cooking,no need to thinking too much. We are also career and tough woman . Japan is changing the way. Make women are staying strong.