英文の構文解釈と邦訳をお教え下さい

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英文の構文解釈とは、文章の構造や文法的な解釈を行うことです。また、邦訳とは英文を日本語に正確に翻訳することを指します。
  • 上記の英文は、後者が単に年金資産を受益者の「独占的な利益」として投資することを規定していたのに対し、ERISAの「賢明な人のルール」(1950年代にニューヨーク州議会で開発されたルールに基づく)では、責任者が「同様の立場であり、そのような事柄に詳しい賢明な人が使用するであろう、その時に存在する状況において、注意、技能、慎重さ、および勤勉さをもって」行動することが求められました。
  • 英文の構文解釈と邦訳を行う際には、文章の構造や文法に注意を払いながら、原文の意図を正確に把握し、それを日本語に適切に翻訳する必要があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の構文解釈と邦訳をお教え下さい。

Whereas the latter had stipulated merely that pension assets be invested to the “exclusive benefit” of plan beneficiaries, ERISA’s “prudent person rule” (drawing on rules developed by the New York State legislature during the 1950s) required that fiduciaries act “with the care, skill, prudence, and diligence under the circumstances then prevailing that a prudent man acting in a like capacity and familiar with such matters would use” (McCarthy 2017: 110-11). 上記英文の構文解釈と邦訳をお教え下さい。

• jubu
  • お礼率86% (901/1042)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9705/12071)
回答No.1

以下のとおり、構文・語句・訳文をお答えします。 (構文) 主節:ERISA’s “prudent person rule” required that ~:「ERISAの『個人的留意規則』は~することを要求した」(SVOの第3文型)。 目的節:that fiduciaries act “with ~”:「受託者が『~をもって』行動することを」(requiredの目的語となっている)。 副詞節:whereas the latter had stipulated merely that ~:「後者が単に~することを規定していたのに対して」(局部的にはrequiredにかかるが、大局的では主節全体にかかると見てよい)。 (語句) *the latter had stipulated that pension assets be invested to ~:「後者(既出)は年金資産が~に投資されるものと規定していた」。be investedの部分は米語特有の表現で、イギリス英語ではshould be invested「投資されるべく」と言う。 *ERISA:「従業員退職所得保障法」(Employee Retirement Income Security Act)。 *required that fiduciaries act “with ~”:「受託者が『~をもって』行動するものと要求した」。これも、イギリス英語ではshould act「行動すべく」と言うところ。 *the circumstances then prevailing that ~:「当該時点で~することが支配的な状況」。 *a prudent man acting in ~ and familiar with ― would use:「―に精通していて~に振舞う慎重な人が使う/使いたがる/求める(ということ/状況)」。 (訳文) 《後者は、単に年金資産を想定受給者の「排他的利益」に投資することを規定していたのに対し、ERISAの「個人的留意規則」(1950年代、ニューヨーク州議会によって策定された規則に基づく)は、受託者が「そのような問題に精通していて賢く振舞う慎重な人の求めることが支配的な状況下で、配慮、技量、慎重さ、勤勉をもって」行動することを要求した。》

jubu
質問者

お礼

いつもご尽力頂き有難う御座います。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の邦訳の添削をお願いします。

That is why it is of particular importance for index investment managers, acting as fiduciaries to their clients, to engage with companies on issues of corporate governance and vote against management when that engagement fails. 以上英文の以下の試訳の添削をお願い致します。 「すなわち,それはインデックス投資マネジャーにとって特別な重要性を持ち,コーポレート・ガバナンスの諸問題および契約し損ねる場合(when that engagement fails)の運用への反対投資に関して会社と当該契約を交わすために,マネジャーの顧客に対する受託者として活動する。」 以上宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳

Over the past twenty years, a widening gulf has appeared between the increasingly internationalized financing arrangements of the world’s leading corporations and the persistence of nationally compartmentalized approaches to the study of corporate control. In lieu of direct empirical evidence on corporate control at the global level, the most widespread assumption is that the globalization of ownership has taken the form of an expansion of arm’s-length, market- based arrangements traditionally prevailing in the Anglo-American economies. 上記英文中後半の,In lieu of 以下の適訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳

In this sense, there is no evidence of the formation of transnational enterprise groups - sets of giant firms whose boards interlock and whose shares are owned in blocs that enable coordinated strategic control over major corporations based in multiple countries. Rather, intercorporate ownership relations, typically emanating from financial institutions and consisting of holdings of considerably less than 5 per cent of share capital, express the cross-penetration of investment and the developing solidarities of a transnational corporate community. The continuing clustering of both directorial and ownership relations on a national basis is consistent with Kogut and Colomer's (2012) findings that the transnational network of interlocking directorates and intercorporate ownership in the 1990s was very strongly a small world ――locally clustered within countries, particularly for the directorial network, with a few key transnational interlocks creating 'short cuts' that shrink the global social space (cf. Carroll 2009). 以上の英文の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文解釈について(><)///

(2-21)It still revolved around superstition, but of a mild variety, with quaint rituals indicating things such as whether a lover was being faithful or would become a future marriage partner. (1)was being faithfulでwas beingを使うのはなぜでしょうか? (2-23)Between 1900 and 1910 some nine million immigrants came to America, drawn by the conviction that in this land of opportunity they would find what the old country had denied them. (2)conviction thatのthatは何用法でしょうか? What they found in America severely tested their faith- and their courage and stamina as well. (3)whatは、the things whichに置き換えられると理解していますが、whatを使うときの考え方について教えていただきたいです。 (2-25)The answer came the following year, when a three-hour, $1,900,000 extravaganza called Intolerance opened at New York City's Liberty Theatre. (4)year, when~のように、whenの前にカンマをつけるのはなぜでしょうか? "Intolerant is so colossal gorgeous, and stunning to the mind that words fail," wrote the NY Tribune, and the NY Evening Post called it "the highest achievement which the camera has recorded." (5)to the mind that words~でthatが使われているのはなぜでしょうか? (2-28)The real music was being produced in relative obscurity. (6) was being producedで、beingが使用されているのはなぜでしょうか? (2-40)Their intention was to distinguish themselves from German, Italian, Sicilian and other immigrants who had arrived later. (7) was to distinguishのように、be動詞+to不定詞になるのはいつでしょうか? Today many Cajuns still live in and around New Orleans and cling to their old customs and French dialect. (8)and cling to~は、Cajuns areが省略されているのでしょうか? Native New Orleanians may speak with a southern drawl or a Cajun-French accent, in a pattern that curiously resembles the speech often associated with sections of NY city. (9)in a pattern that curiously~のthatは、関係代名詞でしょうか?

• 英文解釈

こんばんは。今大学生で、家庭教師をしており明日教えなければなりません。 少し分からない点があるのでご指導お願いいたします。 Nowadays we speak quite easily and naturally of the crisis through which our chivilization is passing. Without questioning the assumption that we are in the midst of a crisis, I should ask whether this feeling of crisis is not something inseparable from human life in any historical period. The more closely we exmine the past, the more we find that it, too, is uneasy with its own sense of historical crisis and urgency. Sometimes, in retrospect, these crisis look illusory, for mankind has survived some of its worst apprehensions; and then we have to remind ourselves that these men and women of the past felt their crisis with the same intimate uneasiness with which we feel ours. (1)The more closely we exmine the past, the more we find that it, too, is uneasy with its own sense of historical crisis and urgency. のthe 比較級 S V+the 比較級 S Vにおいて、the moreみたいな形容詞の比較級+名詞の場合はthe more 名詞 SVとなると思いますが、 なぜ、the more closely the past we exmineとならないのでしょうか? (2)the more we find that it, too, is uneasy with its own sense of historical crisis and urgency. はtooが挿入になっていてthe more find that it is uneasy...となっているのでしょうか? (3)Sometimes, in retrospect, these crisis look illusory, for mankind has survived some of its worst apprehensions;のforは理由を表す接続詞でしょうか?この用法は文語ですか? 試訳→現在、私たちは私たちの文明が危機を経験しているということを、たわいもなく自然に話す。私たちが危機の最中にいるという仮定に疑問を抱くことなく、私は危機感がいかなる歴史的時代における人間生活と切り離せないものでないかどうかを尋ねたい。私たちが過去を詳細に調べるにつれて、歴史的危機と緊迫性のために不安定であるということがますます分かる。振り返ってみると、時々これらの危機は幻想のように思える。っというのは、人類はなんらかの最悪な不安を乗り越えているからだ。つまり、私たちは過去の人間が現代の私たちが抱いている同じ似通った不安感を伴った危機を感じていた。ということを思い出さなければならないのだ。

• この英文の構造について

Mr. Bush filled the spectator seats with heroes and widows of the Sept.11 terrorist attacks and their aftermath, symbols of an America that he asserted was already prevailing over its enemies. (NHK出版 英文法の疑問 恥ずかしくてずっと聞けなかったこと 大津由紀雄)  ,以下のsymbols of an America that he asserted was already prevailing over its enemiesについて、symbols of an Americaをthat以下が修飾、thatはhe assertedの目的語の関係代名詞というところまでは理解できたのですが、was already prevailing over its enemiesが理解できません。 that以下の文をsymbol of an Americaと切り離した場合、He asserted something was already prevailing over its enemies.のような文になるようですが、somethingとwasの間には関係代名詞はいらないのでしょうか? 著者の訳では「かれ(大統領)がすでにその敵を圧倒していると主張しているアメリカの象徴」なんですが、この訳を見る限りwas already prevailing over its enemiesの主語はassertedの前のheになりますが、assertedの主語もheですよね?ふたつの節によるひとつの主語の共有というのはあるのでしょうか?

• 英文解釈について質問があります。 12/3

Next to electronics, you used a lot of objects from your immediate surrounding. How did building rhythms from the heating system work, for example? This was relatively easy. I was usually sitting next to the heating system, when we had a rehearsal. By accidentally hitting it, I found out that it gives a nice sound, similar to an oil barrel. And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. That´s what we did. We played it live and after some editing (we are not drummers) it was done. In addition we made an overdub with a few single hits to make the rhythm a bit more organic. 上記の英文にある、 And that´s what it actually is: a big metal tank with a nice resonance body. One just needs to use a fine drum stick and you can play a rhythm. この部分ですが、ここで言いたいのは「実はそれってさ、まさに良い感じの大きな金属のタンクってやつだった。適切なドラムスティックがあれば、それでリズムを叩ける。」こういう事を言いたいのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 下記英文の解釈について質問があります 2

You could have just continued down with your solo efforts. What made you come together for a new Lokai album nonetheless? I like to work with Stefan a lot. For me it´s a very unique way of creating music. At the same time, we are both continuing with our solos. My second solo album is almost ready. I am looking for the right place to release it right now. It is called KMET and it´s an electronic Singer-Songwriter project. In the studio I write, record, play and sing it all. Also on stage, it works as a one man show with the support of a little live sampler. I think with "transition", lokai have found their very own sound and aesthetic. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. We have very different personalities (even though some people think we are brothers) and this can be quite fruitful. With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. Complete musical freedom and variety are aspects I can entertain as a solo artist. So that alone offers to me something no other project can. この一文は倒置?でしょうか? もともとはどうなるのでしょうか? With lokai, it´s is clear that certain sounds or structures will not fit. So it is a restriction that makes the world a little smaller and for me that is a great way to work. 結構この人の文章では、with~, というのがありますが、これは上記の場合Lokaiでは、という風に訳せばよいでしょうか? その次のit's の it はthat以降ですよね。That certain sounds or structures will not fit is clear.その次の文章がわかりません。soは後のthatと因果関係があるのでしょうか? それと、上記とは別に This second album was really a lot about getting our own "lokai sound". この文章ですが、 シンプルな構造にすると this second album was getting our own lokai soundということでしょうか? そうすると、aboutがうまく解釈できないのですが・・・。 以上となります。長いですがよろしくお願いいたします…。

• 英文解釈です。

以下の文章の、冒頭の running account とはどのような意味で使われているのでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。 Whether they’re aware of it or not, all people keep a running account of what’s happening to them, what it means, and what they should do. In other words, our minds are constantly monitoring and interpreting. That’s just how we stay on track. But sometimes the interpretation process goes awry. Some people put more extreme interpretations on things that happen—and then react with exaggerated feelings of anxiety, depression, or anger. Or superiority. Mindsets frame the running account that’s taking place in people’s heads. They guide the whole interpretation process. The fixed mindset creates an internal monologue that is focused on judging: “This means I’m a loser.” “This means I’m a better person than they are.” “This means I’m a bad husband.” “This means my partner is selfish.” People with a growth mindset are also constantly monitoring what’s going on, but their internal monologue is not about judging themselves and others in this way. Certainly they’re sensitive to positive and negative information, but they’re attuned to its implications for learning and constructive action: What can I learn from this? How can I improve? How can I help my partner do this better? Chapter 8 is about changing the internal monologue from a judging one to a growth-oriented one. It shows how mindset change has enabled people to pursue their goals more effectively and it shows how a mindset workshop boosted students’ motivation and grades.

• 次の英文の解釈について教えてください

HKIA`s growth story is compelling and that fact combined with governmentownership has seen past borrowing from HKAA price at eye-wateringly tightterms. <私の解釈> 香港国際空港の成長ストーリーは必然的であり、この事実は政府保有と相まって、過去のHKAA(香港空港機構)からの涙がでるほど厳しい条件での借入れを見込んだものである。