• 締切済み

ご協力お願い致します!

いきなり失礼致します。 とある質問にご回答されているのを拝見し、きっと的確な答えを頂けると思いリクエストさせて頂きました。 貧困な環境や不利な格差で育ったが、努力と根性で必ず成功を掴みとってみせる! (背景は底辺からでも富裕層に負けずなにくそ精神で這い上がってみせる!成り上がり!的なニュアンスで捉えてもらいたい) ↑ こちらの文章を()部は除く。英文にしたく先日いろんな方にお聞きしてお答えして頂いたのが下記の通りなんですが、当然かもしれませんが皆答えが違い困惑しております…。 ↓ (1) I grew up in poverty and disadvantaged circumstance, but I will absolutely grasp my sucess with effort and guts (2) I grew up in poverty and disadvantage but I will succeed with hard work and a positive attitude. (3) I’ll make a big effort to pursuit my dreams even though I grew up in poverty. (4) I've grown up in poor and disadvantaged circumstances, but I will absolutely achieve huge success in life with effort and guts ※ちなみに2番の方はアメリカ在住の日本人の方(40代)で1番の答えに対して日本語を直訳し過ぎていてネイティブが見たら一目でおかしいと解る。と教えて下さりました。 そして3番目はアメリカ在住(10年目)の友人(日本人20代後半)が教えてくれました。日本にいた時の友達です。 ↑ この友人の答えに対しても2番の方曰くbig effort辺りがおかしい。との事です。 4番目の方はネイティブ目線でと言われるとそこまでの語学力は無いですがお役に立てれば、とお答え頂きました。 いったいどれが1番敵していて現地の方から見てもおかしくないのでしょうか?(外国人の方が日本語漢字等を間違っているようにその逆の日本人の勘違い英語みたいになるのが恐いです) また上記の4文よりも敵したものがありましたら是非ご教示下さいませ。 お手数お掛け致しますが何卒宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数10
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.10

大昔の#1です。補足です。 >>ちなみにですが、 「私は」という日本語はいらなくて言葉だけにするとすれば I grew の I と I will の I を取るだけでよろしいでしょうか? 文法的におかしくならないでしょうか?  いえ、 I を取ると、 文法的におかしいと思います。置いておけばいいと思います。

回答No.9

No.7の回答者さん同様私もアメリカ人に聞いてみました。No.7の回答者さんがおっしゃる通り人によって意見は違ってくると思います。 私が質問した相手は1と4はなしで、2か3かなあという意見でした。一人は2のgrew up in poverty にand disadvantageの部分がくっついてるのに違和感あるが間違ってるというわけではないとのこと。二人とも3で使われているpursuitはpursueに直す必要ありということで一致してました。

回答No.8

No.3,5,6の追記。 まず訂正から。 6.直前の5に書いた aim for に引きずられて sweat for と書いてしまいましたが,別の意味になるようです。I need to struggle for a better life に訂正。 また,「銀のさじ」は成句 born with a silver spoon in one's mouth (裕福な家に生まれる)のもじりです。もう少し引用して Born without a silver spoon のほうがいいかな。 on the wrong side of the tracks も使えるでしょう。鉄道線路で分かたれた貧民地区。裕福なほうは right side です。 ーーーーーー 私が別解しか書かなかった理由は,私に英文を吟味する力がないことは脇へ置いておいて,「そもそも,日本語原文がおもしろくねえ!」。なにかぐずぐず言っていますが,これを1語(熟語)で表現した「社会登攀者 a social climber 」があります。これが最初の回答3.のたった5語。 これを「どん底からはいあがる」と,やや説明的に書いたのが 5 ですが,語数が2倍にも増えてしまいました。

• SPS700
回答No.7

#1です。補足です。  アメリカ人の英語ネイティブに聞いてみました。イギリス、カナダ、オーストラリア、ほかのアメリカ人、などでは違うかもしれません。  まず英語だけを見てもらいました。 1。文法 #1の circumstance は circumstances が正しい。他の文は、みんな文法的には正しい。 2。表現  1が一番いい。2がいちばんつまらない。I will と自分を前に押し出すのがまずい。 3。原文を説明されて  原文がそうなら1以外がより忠実なことになる。何か面接の決まり文句のようで、あまり感心しない。  ということでした。

lonewolf1986
質問者

補足

携帯が故障してしまいまして、返答が遅くなり申し訳ございません。 わざわざネイティブお聞き頂きまして本当にありがとうございます! ちなみにですが、 「私は」という日本語はいらなくて言葉だけにするとすれば I grew の I と I will の I を取るだけでよろしいでしょうか? 文法的におかしくならないでしょうか?

回答No.6

No.3,5のほかに,もっと別解がほしいですか? Without a silver spoon, I need to sweat for a better life.

回答No.5

別解。 I started at the bottom and aim for the top.

noname#236835
noname#236835
回答No.4

> 貧困な環境や不利な格差で育ったが、努力と根性で必ず成功を掴みとってみせる!   この文の前半と後半を but や even though で繋ぐのは実は論理的におかしいのであって、and so や therefore で繋ぐ方がまだマシであると考えられますが、次のように二つの文に分けてしまうこともできるでしょう: I grew up in poverty and disadvantage. I’m determined to attain my dreams no matter what it takes.

回答No.3

I am a social climber.

noname#236835
noname#236835
回答No.2

「簡潔さ」を基準にして評価しますと(3) になりますが、やや省略した書き方になっていますので次のように添削したくなります: > (3) I’ll make a big effort to pursuit my dreams even though I grew up in poverty. -->> I’ll make a big effort to _attain_ my dreams even though I grew up in poverty _and disadvantage_. guts とか positive attitude は不要だろうと考えます。

• SPS700
回答No.1

こういうのは好みなので、優劣よりどこで使うかで決まると思います。僕は在米というだけで、ネイティブではありませんが、2が比較的自然だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• Growing older, growing up.文法の説明お願い致します。

エッセイの一部です。 今までの自分を振り返った記述の後で、 Growing older, growing up. とあります。歳を取るに連れて(とりながら)、成長していった。みたいなことだと思いますが、文の構造がよくわかりません。分詞構文だとすると、後ろに主語がありませんし。As I grew older, I grew up.または、I grew older and I grew up.という解釈でいいのでしょうか?

• 日本語に翻訳してお願い

i am a foreigner living in Japan now. But I want to give my best 貢献 to Japan for the earthquake. And in order to make it come ture, I will work hard in this position.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

INDIEGOGO UPDATE: Most of you have, but if you haven't received your perks yet they have been shipped and you will be seeing them in the mail shortly! We apologize for the delay but the process was complicated due to our being on the road and coordinating the shipment of certain items that had to be signed. If you don't receive your package in the next 10 days, please message us here. ALSO, the $5 raffle we had up on indiegogo is going back up on our official site starting November 5th and will be running through the month of December. Winner will be announced on our Facebook, Twitter, and Official website early 2014... those who have already entered in the raffle when up on indiegogo, your entries have been recorded and will automatically carry over.

• 和訳をお願い致します。

Yes!!! Only 2 more nights! At least I hope so ... I just arrived home because the weather was really bad. Snow snow snow ... sigh. The roads were very slippery, but I drove safely so there was no problem. ・For Friday ... if the weather prediction is not good I will work from home. And of course I will monitor the trains to Paris airport. I will try to take earlier trains than the one that's part of my ticket. ・Because of the bad weather conditions they allowed this. Today some of the trains to the airport had 1 hour delay. If that would happen to me I would be in problems. ・So I will try to take a try 2 hours earlier than planned. Just in case. Don't worry ... it will be ok. ・Actually I went to buy chocolates this morning ... hmmm I wanted it to keep a surprise ... but now you know :( ・Tomorrow I will buy the waffles and pancake. Maybe you like to see the chocolates and pancake more than you like to see me ... hahaha Just kidding. ・Oh Galaxy S ... that's a nice phone. You're also using Android now ... very nice. I show you some cool things. But I guess that by then you will have already figured them out. Did you get a gmail email account? And speaking of Samsung ... I might also have to visit them ... but I will hear more about this tomorrow. But there's a chance that I have to fly to Seoul ... But I already told my boss ... don't forget that I'm spending the weekend in Tokyo :)

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song gets its name and story from the street Bono grew up on, but it began — like many U2 tracks — with a guitar riff the Edge came up with at home. In speaking about these initial steps, the Edge noted he sketches songs on GarageBand and works with drum loops Larry Mullen Jr. recorded for the demo process. "My job is to find a way to inspire Adam and Larry and Bono, so I don't often care to finish out a piece fully," the Edge said. "I just want to get something down that I think is a great starting point and then I know that whatever I come up with, they'll come up with something better. So I just need to get it going where its identity is clear and it's got some kind of vitality and point of view that's interesting."

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We should declare hunting season on swastikas. See one. Shoot one. I know that's unconstitutional- illegal and well, horrible. At times like this I go right to revenge. It's my dark side. You all probably don't get that from me. But I'm ready to fight these racist assholes. I will gladly enlist in the fighting Alta Dena 5th if they'll have. I'm slow but with enough set up time I could be a pretty effective sniper.

• AP class とは、どんな階級?ですか?

In advanced and AP classes, I was almost always The Minority.という文章の中の、advanced and AP classesとはどういうものをいうのでしょうか? APの略語がたくさんあって、よくわかりませんでした。 パラグラフとしては以下のような感じです。 I grew up in (アメリカの地名).. It’s pretty remarkable for its socioeconomic diversity and population density, but it is 93% white. In advanced and AP classes, I was almost always The Minority.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

以下の翻訳お願い致します。 ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i do not have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my pay pal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your pay pal email address to make the payments,and if you do not have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.PayPal.com,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted and kindly mail me with some pics of the ride if available Regards.

• 英文の訳をお願い致します。

海外の個人ネットショップで商品を注文し、ペイパルで支払いをしましたが、発送予定日を過ぎても商品が発送されていないので出店者に問合せました。そして以下のような返答が返ってきました。何となくは解ったのですが、「I will contact~」からの下りがどういうことなのか、いまいち分かりません。 訳を教えて頂ければ幸いです。 Hello hun. I'm not sure why I'm not getting my notifications but I thank you for your purchase! The (商品名) will be shipped tomorrow morning I will contact you with shipping receipt photos and tracking numbers but keep in mind tracking only works while in the u.s unfortunately Hope you have an a wonderful day thank you again!

• 翻訳をお願い致します

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 In your chart you planets on both rising axis and descending or falling axis. This makes for a balanced relationship where the power will swing one way and then the other. Sometimes you’ll be the one in charge who makes the decisions and dominates, sometimes your partner will. Inevitably this will cause the occasional clash, and power struggles will ensure, where you’ll both pull in opposite directions. But this doesn't mean a difficult union necessarily, just that both of you will be strong willed, perhaps in different ways.