AP classとは?質問の要約

このQ&Aのポイント
  • AP classとはどのような階級なのか?
  • 質問者はadvanced and AP classesで常に少数派だった。
  • 質問者はアメリカのある地域で成長し、社会経済的な多様性と人口密度の高さが特筆されるが、その地域は93%が白人である。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

AP class とは、どんな階級?ですか?

In advanced and AP classes, I was almost always The Minority.という文章の中の、advanced and AP classesとはどういうものをいうのでしょうか? APの略語がたくさんあって、よくわかりませんでした。 パラグラフとしては以下のような感じです。 I grew up in (アメリカの地名).. It’s pretty remarkable for its socioeconomic diversity and population density, but it is 93% white. In advanced and AP classes, I was almost always The Minority.

• engg
  • お礼率90% (926/1022)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cincinnati
  • ベストアンサー率46% (606/1293)
回答No.1

Wikipediaに載っています。 The Advanced Placement (AP) program is a curriculum in the United States sponsored by the College Board which offers standardized courses to high school students that are generally recognized to be equivalent to undergraduate courses in college. Participating colleges grant credit to students who obtained high enough scores on the exams to qualify. According to the Good Schools Guide International, it is "usually much more rigorous than the general course offerings. Advanced Placement classes are graded differently than other classes offered."[1] The most taken AP exam in 2008 was AP United States History with 346,641 students, and the least taken was AP Italian Language and Culture with 1,930 students. 記事によりますと、Advanced Placement(AP)の意味で大学で高校生のための標準化されたコースで、大学の学部のコースと同等と認められるクラスということのようです。このクラスをとり試験をうけてある程度以上のスコアーをとれば大学の単位と認められるようです。 従いまして、ご質問者の英文を書いたかたはよく出来る高校生ということができます。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! 確かに、よい大学へ進学しているようです。

その他の回答 (1)

• Harry721
  • ベストアンサー率36% (690/1870)
回答No.2

classは階級ではなくて学校の授業の意味ですね。 advanced classは日本の高校で言うと「特進コース」のようなものでしょうか。アメリカの公立高校は学力差が大きいので出来る生徒のためにはこういう上級クラスを設けているところがあります。 AP classはAdvanced Placement classのことでアメリカの公的な機関が実施している授業です。 大学の教養課程レベルの授業が高校でも受けられるようにするもので、ここで得た単位は大学でも認められ、卒業を早めたり、二つの学位をとったりすることもできます。 正直言って、アメリカの多くの大学の教養過程のレベルは低く、日本の高校並みです。平等主義からはそれでもいいのですが、優秀な学生が育たないので、こういう高速レーンを設けているのでしょう。 この英文の作者はマイノリティとありますから黒人かヒスパニック、もしくは東洋系、まれにインディアンということになります。 白人が大多数の都市にいて、高校も大半が白人であった中で、成績は優秀だったと記述しています。

engg
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます! >アメリカの多くの大学の教養過程のレベルは低く え、そうなんですか! 知りませんでした。

engg
質問者

補足

ベストアンサーはご回答いただいた順にさせていただきました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文を訳して下さい。

The Army of Serbia's ally Montenegro did not follow the Serbs into exile, but retreated to defend their own country. The Austrian-Hungarians launched their Montenegrin Campaign on 5 January 1916. The Montenegrins fought bravely, but despite some success in the Battle of Mojkovac, they were completely defeated within 2 weeks. This was a nearly complete victory for the Central Powers at a cost of around 67,000 casualties as compared to around 90,000 Serbs killed or wounded and 174,000 captured. The railroad from Berlin to Istanbul was finally opened. The only flaw in the victory was the remarkable retreat of the Serbian Army, which was almost completely disorganized and had to be rebuilt almost from scratch.

• 下記の英文を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。

The person in charge of these new photos was out but back in the office today, I can send them to you. The AAA will be uploaded today, and the BBB is both popular in small and large, they sell out almost as fast as we put it out.

• 過去完了

We met a family from Switzerland who were living in Barcelona indefinitely. Their son was four and regularly allowed to take his bike and play across the courtyard for hours alone, going in and out of the park, zipping around making friends. This was his normal and I realized in that moment I had always lived in an elevated state of stress and had always been a tense parent. I had always livedのところはなぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳し方を教えて下さい。

訳し方を教えて下さい。 The Allied Occupation was distingushed,then,by the fact that SCAP(the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers) was personified in General MacArthur and was almost exclusively an American show. Japan was not partitioned as was Germany or korea,as a result of American effort in the Pacific War and because of the prestige which accrued from the Atomic Bomb. SCAP policy,which set in terms of fundamentals in Washington,was rather freely interpreted in Tkyo. It was fortunate that a remarkable degree of rapport was worked out between the American military advisors sent to Japan and Japanese officials who remained in office to carry out SCAP derectives. の文中のwhich set in terms of fundamentals in Washingtonの訳し方が解りません。 「ワシントンで基本に則って作られた連合国の政策」とでも訳すのでしょうか。 set と in terms of をどう訳せばいいのでしょうか。

• drained my savings

While in high school, I babysat and worked for a local grocery store. I saved a lot of what I made and had a pretty good amount in savings, but I took a school trip to France that had cost me almost $3,000, AKA my entire savings at that point. The trip was amazing and I don’t regret it, but since then I have repeatedly drained my savings account for something I thought was really important. drainedは「使ってしまった」ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 理解不能です。意味を教えてください。

As previously stated, of the order of 1/4 mile (400 meters) downstream from the campground the rich flora described above gives way to one with Red Maple prominent in the canopy and much diminished shrub and herb diversity and density. なのですが、この order ってどういう意味で使われているのですか。よろしくお願いします。

• retirement portfolio

My wife and I are in our early 50s and my mother-in-law died almost two years ago. My wife’s parents were married for 55 years, and as an only child she was close to both of them. The death was devastating for everyone. My father-in-law is a healthy and energetic 84-year-old with a comfortable retirement portfolio. retirement portfolioはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 計算式(公式)が分かりません.

The coil has 200 turns and carries a current of 5A. The air gaps are g1=0.4cm and g2=0.5cm. Assuming the core has infinite permeability, compute the flux density in tesla in (a) gap g1, (b) gap g2, and (c) the left limb. 図がないと分かりにくいとは思いますが,普通,このようなthe flux density(粒子束密度)の場合ではどの公式を用いて計算を行うのですが? それが分かりません. どうか宜しくお願いします.

• 英語プレゼンテーションでの表現に関する質問

英語プレゼンテーションでの表現に関する質問 今度、英語でプレゼンをする予定になっております。 そこで表現の仕方に関して質問させて下さい。 ・that of~続く場合、どうすれば良いでしょうか? 例えば、The density of water is about 1. That of gold is 19.3 That of mercury is 13.5. ..... みたいに、同じ構造の文章が並ぶ場合、2回目以降、densityをthatに言い換えて 表現します。しかしながら、that of~がたくさん並ぶ聞いている方も話す方も面倒くさく なるのではないでしょうか? それで The density of water is about 1. Gold 19.3 Mercury 13.5. みたいに、動詞や構文を無視して表現しても良いのでしょうか? もっと良い方法がありましたら教えて頂けますでしょうか? ・A was B. C was D. E was F. と文が続く場合、どうすれば良いでしょうか? 書き文章の場合だと、A, C and E was B, D and F, respectively. とまとめることが出来ますが、話し言葉では、 respectivelyは避けた方が良いと、プレゼンの本に書かれていました。 しかしながら、同じ構文の文章を続けて話すのは聞きづらいのではないでしょうか? これをA was B. C D. and E F. みたいに動詞を飛ばして読んでも良いのでしょうか? ・I used this equation for the calculation. この文章についてなのですが、 私は、その計算のために、この式を用いました。 私はその計算のための、この式を用いました。 の2通りの取り方が出来ると思うのですが、これはどのようにして使い分ければ良いのでしょうか?

• 受動態

解いてみたのですが間違ってたら 教えてください。けっこう間違えてるかもですがすいません。 あと訳やどうしてその答えが違うのかも教えて頂けたら光栄です。 ・人というものは付き合っている仲間を見ればわかるものだ  A man (is known to, is known by) the company he keeps.→is known to by ・私たちはその家の壁に黄色のペンキを塗った  We painted the wall of the house yellow. =The wall of the house ()() yellow by us.→was painted ・彼は自分の意志に反してそこにいた人にその仕事をさせられた  A man there made him do the job against his will. =He was ()()() the job against his will. →made by him ・A lot of sugar () in our food, and this is causing health problems. 1.use 2.uses 3.is used 4.are used→4 ・I () the doctor that I need to get more exercise. 1.said 2.told to 3.was said by 4.was told by→3 ・Last night I () by a stranger. 1.speak 2.was spoken 3.was been spoken 4.was spoken to→4 ・"Could you recommend a good pencil?" "I can recommed these. They () pretty well." 1.are always sold 2.always sell 3.are always sell 4.always been selling→2 下記の問題はわからなかったものです。お願いします。 ・誤りのある番号を1ヶ所選び正しく書き改めなさい。(できれば訳もお願いします) 1 (1In) the early 1900s, he (2is widely) (3recognized) as both a medical doctor (4and) a novelist. 2 Email (1can send) (2easily) and at (3almost) no cost to users, making it an efficient and economical resource (4for) global communication. ・そのドアは子供たちによって開いたままにされた  The door (left/the children/by/open/was) ・誰がそれをやったかはすぐに明らかにされるだろう  It will soon (did/clear/made/be/who) it. ・災害から子どもたちを救うために何かをしなくてはならない  (the children/save/someyhing/done/be/from/to/must)the disaster. 以上です。