小さなことに誇りを持つ

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 大きな成果を祝うことはよくあります。卒業、新しい仕事、家族の新しい仲間、結婚などです。しかし、大きな成果の中には、同じくらい、もしくはそれ以上に自分自身を誇れる小さなこともあります。
  • 今日の現代社会では、大きな成果を祝います。就職、卒業、家族の増加、結婚などを含めてです。しかし、大きな成果の他にも、同じくらい、もしくはそれ以上に自分自身を誇れる小さなこともあります。
  • 現代社会において、私たちは大きなことを祝います。卒業、新しい仕事、新しい家族、結婚などです。しかし、大きな成果の中には、同じくらいもしくはそれ以上に自分自身を誇れる小さなこともあります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

In today’s day and age, we celebrate the big things: graduations, new jobs, new additions to your family, weddings. Amidst the big accomplishments, there are also little things that you can take just as much, if not more pride in. https://gentwenty.com/stop-comparing-myself-to-others/ there are also little things that you can take just as much, if not more pride in.の和訳を教えてください。あと、if not more pride inの文法的解説もよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >>あと、if not more pride inの文法的解説もよろしくお願いします  僕が#1で述べたのは、clausal substitution (下記)の見方です。     https://www.englishforums.com/English/IfNotMoreSo/crmmw/post.htm  しかし、ここの if not を単に「perhaps」で置き換えられる、熟語と見る、下記のような視点もあります。  https://www.thefreedictionary.com/if+not  究極的には、前に述べた文の全部の単語を繰り返すのは煩雑だから、重複する語を全部削る、ということに始まったものと思います。今では熟語ですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9726/12098)
回答No.4

>there are also little things that you can take just as much, if not more pride in.の和訳を教えてください。 ⇒take pride in ~は「~を自慢する」ですから、訳はこんな感じになると思います。 「(卒業、就職、新生児の誕生、結婚ほど大きな成果でなくても、それらと)同じくらいに自慢できる小さな成果もあります」。 >あと、if not more pride inの文法的解説もよろしくお願いします ⇒次のようにカッコ内を補って考えれば分かりやすいと思います。 there are also little things that you can take just as much (as in the big accomplishments), if (you can take pride in the little things) not more pride in (than in the big accomplishments). 逐語訳:「(大きな成果よりも)大きく自慢できないとしても、(大きな成果と)同じくらいに自慢できる小さな成果もあります」。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。there are also little things that you can take just as much, if not more pride in.の和訳を教えてください。  (卒業式、就職、赤ちゃんの誕生、結婚式、などのような大きな出来事ではなくても)それらと同じ、いやそれら以上に心に残る小さな出来事も、あります。 2。あと、if not more pride inの文法的解説もよろしくお願いします。  there are also little things that you can take just as much, if you can not take more pride in the little things の略でしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 以下の英文を和訳してください。

(1)nothing is more important than tests in school. (2)there are much more important things than tests at school. (3)it is not necessary to take tests at school. (4)there is no use practicing taking tests. (5)students should never cram before a test. (6)reviewing thoroughly is better than cramming.

• 英語 比較

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題は訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです ・彼はその自転車に多くて5万円支払った。 The bike cost him at most \50,000. =The bike cost him ()()()\50,000.→at the most ・スーザンは私より3,000冊多く本を持っている。 Susan (books/has/than/three thousand/more/I/have). →have three thousand books more then I ・There were () two dogs in each cage. 1 any more than 2 the less than 3 no more than 4 less not than→3 ・She speaks English () fluently as any student in her class. 1 more 2 much 3 as 4 so→2 ・He can hardly read English, () write it. 1 much more 2 all the more 3 much less 4 more or less→1 ・Matters will be () difficult if you don't take action. 1 all the more 2 all the most 3 more the all 4 the most all→3 わからなかった問題です ・並び替え 1 There are (were/college/times/than/three/there/students/more)in the 1960s. 2 (are/as/as cheap/not/last/they/vegetables/were)week. ・間違った部分を選んで直す (1 Let us) realize that the world (2 is changing) at (3 a fast rate) than (4 it has) at any time in human history.

• 和訳をお願いします

1 I am a firm believer that in order for a relationship to last, both people need to be happy and secure in their own right (by themselves) in order for relationship to be strong. 2 the other places i saw were kind of far away and not clean for how much it cost to live there. 3 just because things are not exactly the way you want them does not mean that they are not good. 4 i don't know why that is i will see if I can fix it 5 those are all very time consuming things 6 I mean that I am constantly focusing on different things since i've been here and I havn't allowed myself enough time to collect my thoughts. よろしくお願いします。

• 文章の訳を教えてください。

There are many things that could be done to give ordinary people more control over the country's economic direction. の訳がいまいち分からないのと、 なぜcanではなくcouldになるのかと、を教えてください。

• 英語・canの用法を教えてください

Most of the other minerals your body needs are found in so many foods that a little variety in making your choice at the market can easily take care of them. 上記の英文の後ろから6語目のcanの意味がわからないので教えていただけないでしょうか?ちなみに前の文は次の通りです。 Calcium and iron are not the only mineral you need. Most of the other minerals your body needs are found in so many foods that a little variety in making your choice at the market can easily take care of them. 自分なりに訳した日本語は以下の通りです。 私たちの体に必要な他の(カルシウムと鉄以外の)ミネラルは、(that以下の)とても多くの食べ物の中に含まれている。

• 英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。商品の新入荷情報を質問していて返事がきました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 We are in the process of putting them up, are there any particular styles you are interested in? There are not too many new ones, we realize the most popular ones are still the AAA styles, if you are interested in more please let us know we have updated those styles with newer colors but they may not appear in the new arrivals.

• A developing country can

A developing country can increase its prospects for economic growth by providing added incentive for investment in modern industries that have not yet been pursued there. が本文からよみとれるそうなのですが、business peope have little incentrive to take this riskといっているので、can increase its prospectsとは言えなくないでしょうか。。

• 意味を教えてください。

I'm a little am different 24 years old and there are also no lover, how many men in the world are not You're not the only one now and another girl ↑これの意味を教えてください。 お願いします。

• 12/9(火)米国防長官に「何を言っているか分からない」賞

ラムズフェルド氏が以下の文で「何を言っているか分からない」賞を受けたそうです。 「我々が知っている、と我々が知っていることがある。知らない、と知られていることがあることも知っている。つまり、知らないことがあることを我々は知っている。知らない、ということを知らないこともある」 'Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know.' 何が動詞か、名詞か、過去分詞かがさっぱり分からないのですが、文法的に解説して頂けませんか?例えば known は辞書では過去分詞ですが、knowns は名詞として使われていますか?沢山の (un)known が出てきますが、どの語を修飾しているのか、また修飾されている語は何なのか、見分けがつきません。省略されている語や節(thatやwhat)もあるように思いますが、それも教えて下さい。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

In the above video, Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo says the band's communication with Scott Weiland began to break down in 1994. He said things have always been good between himself, Robert, and Eric but that after continually trying to make things work with Scott, he couldn't take any more. DeLeo said, “There's only so much [you can do]. I can go to my grave saying I gave it my all.”