• ベストアンサー

A developing country can

A developing country can increase its prospects for economic growth by providing added incentive for investment in modern industries that have not yet been pursued there. が本文からよみとれるそうなのですが、business peope have little incentrive to take this riskといっているので、can increase its prospectsとは言えなくないでしょうか。。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#259775
noname#259775
回答No.2

以下意訳です。逐一訳していません。 開発途上国はその地でまだ行われていない近代産業に投資をすれば、相当大きな経済的成長を見込める。しかし、そのような投資を一番最初にする人にはリスクが非常に大きい。その上リスクに見合った見返りもない。なぜならもしそのビジネスが成功した場合は、他の人々が同じ産業に投資をするようになり、競争が利益を縮小させてしまうからだ。 投資家はリスクにあった見返りがないから投資をしたがらないなら、開発途上国の(政府)はなんらかの見返りを投資家に追加で与えれば良い、と言えるわけですね。例えば自由競争が利益を削ってしまうなら、独占的にその産業を行う権利を10年与えるとか(日本なら当然独占禁止法違反)見返りを与えましょうってことです。最初のウン年間は法人税0とか、色々やり方はあります。 質問の内容ですがcan increase its prospectsの主語は開発途上国です。business peopleではありませんよ。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。(>_<)

その他の回答 (2)

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.3

>見返りなのですね。(>_<)とても参考になりました こう書かれてしまうとちょっと心配になるので捕捉しますが、incentive はincentiveで、何かをやるための動機、強い理由で、本来見返りの意味は無いです。 だから、最初に出てくるincentiveは、見返りと言うよりは、それをやらなければいけない理由。結局、動機、モチベーション。もちろん、経済的なインセンティブが無いからやらないと言う意味もあるでしょうが、最初の方はそれに限りません。 それに対して後者の方でビジネス的なincentiveに絡んでくると、それが現金でも優遇政策でも優遇税制でもリソースや何かの提供でも、もっと経済的に意味があるもの。それによって、行動を起こさせる魅力のあるもの、餌、ニンジン(動機づけ)。 消費者にものを売る立場からすれば、incentive campagneと言ったら、商品を買うことによって、ポイントをたくさんあげたり、いくつか買ったら一つただだったり、単なる値下げじゃなくて、買う気を起こさせるもの(動機づけ)。 そんな感じです。 ちょうど、stimulus planとかstimulus packageを、景気刺激策と訳すのと似ています。stimulusには景気に関わる意味は無いのに、その文脈で使われることが多いのでplanやpackageと一緒になると経済・景気に関わることに意味が振られるのと同じです。 いずれにしても英語ではincentiveはincentiveでニュアンスは同じで、日本語にする時のみ日本語の単語に当てはめるのに考えてしまうものです。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

そうなのですね。あまりビジネス用語詳しくないので新鮮でした。ありがとうございました

• 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

>business people have little incentive to take this riskといっているので、 だから、 > by providing added incentive for investment と言っているんですよ。added incentive と言うのは、今現在殆どincentiveを持たないビジネス界の人たちに対するincentiveを追加で与えると言うことでしょう。 ひょっとするとこのincentiveの意味を、「[行動を起こすための] 刺激、動機」と理解していますか?ビジネスの世界でincentive と言うと、もっと実際の利益を伴った、「優遇策、見返り、特権」などのことも言います。英語では、最初のincentive は「動機、やる気を持つ理由」みたいな意味でこれだけ見ると「やる気なし」みたいな感じですが、後のincentive は「ビジネス的優遇策、見返り」見たいな感じでしょう。 英語では同じincentiveで、意味が前後で変わったわけではないのですが、日本語に訳すときには少し考えてしまう例かと思います。

wanydccany
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。見返りなのですね。(>_<)とても参考になりました

関連するQ&A

• 【和訳】和訳をお願いできませんでしょうか。

国連の世界貿易レポートを読んでいるのですが、イマイチ理解できません。 大変長い文章ですが、和訳していただけませんでしょうか。 どうかよろしくお願いします。 Thus, while developing countries (25 per cent) have a lower share of foreign value added than the world average (28 per cent), their foreign value added share is significantly higher than in the United States and Japan – or than in the EU, if only external trade is taken into account. Among developing economies, the highest shares of foreign value added in trade are found in East and South-East Asia and in Central America (including Mexico), where processing industries account for a significant part of exports. Foreign value added in exports is much lower in Africa, West Asia, South America and in the transition economies, where natural resources and commodities exports with little foreign inputs tend to play an important role. The lowest share of foreign value added in exports is found in South Asia, mainly due to the weight of services exports, which also use relatively fewer foreign inputs. The average foreign value added share of exports and the degree of double counting in global exports of an industry provide a rough indication of the extent to which industries rely on internationally integrated production networks, as it proxies the extent to which intermediate goods and services cross borders until final consumption of the industry’s output. Clearly, GVCs do not equate with industries. A value chain for a given product may incorporate value added produced by many different industries (e.g. manufactured products incorporate value added from services industries). The global average shares by industry of foreign value added ignore the fact that each industry may be part of and contribute to many different value chains. The value and share of developing-country exports that depend on GVCs, because of either upstream links (foreign value added in exports) or downstream links (exports that are incorporated in other products and re-exported) is quite significant (figure IV.8). East and South-East Asia remains the region with the highest level of GVC participation, reflecting its primacy as the most important region for exportoriented manufacturing and processing activities. Central America (including Mexico) also has a high participation rate, but whereas it ranked equal with South-East Asia in terms of foreign value added in exports, it has a lower downstream participation rate, reflecting the fact that it exports relatively more to the United States domestic market rather than for onward exports.

• at the/a rate of

以下に「~の割合で」という意味で「at the/a rate of」というフレーズが出てきますが、どうして冠詞の使い分けがされているのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。 Starting about one million years ago, there was an increase in the growth of the human brain. It expanded at first 【at the rate of】 one cubic inch every hundred thousand years; then the growth rate doubled; it doubled again; and finally it doubled once more. Five hundred thousand years ago the rate of growth hit its peak. At that time the brain was expanding 【at a rate of】 ten cubic inches every hundred thousand years. No other organ in the history of life is known to have grown as fast.

• 和訳お願い致します

和訳して頂けますでしょうか? If you have only A2 and A3/A4, you can have each nerf ratio added together, 12.525 A2 for every 1 A4 and 6.99 A2 for every A3. 比率の話だと思うのですが、 比率がわかりません。。。。 どなたかご教授お願い致します。 宜しくお願い致します

• 至急お願いします。英作文を日本語訳にお願いします。

US growth in the first half of 2011 is on track to be around 2% however,talk of a double dip is premature. Other than the headwinds and downside risks mentioned above, the United States is also seeing no revival yet of its moribund housing market. This should come as no surprise,as the post-financial-crisis healing/de-leveraging process can take many years and often results in a protracted period of subdued growth. That said,there are additional tailwinds and upside risks to US growth. These include stronger export growth and a pent-up demand for housing from young adults living with parents and families doubling up. Houses are the most affordable they have benn in over four decades. Consequently,HIS Global lnsight expects growth to rebound to about 3.5% in the second half of 2011 and average around 3.0% over the next four years.

• 等位接続詞yetを使った例文

下の英文の"Yet"は、「等位接続詞」だと考えます。意味は、「しかし」と訳せると思います。このように、Yetを文頭に使用した良い例文を探しているのですが、適当なものはないでしょうか?高校の英語の授業で使いたいと考えています。 The Internet has been praised as “the world’s greatest tool for democratization”. It has allowed people all around the globe to access almost unlimited amounts of information and communication. Yet along with providing these possibilities, the Internet can also be used as a great tool for theft and crime.

• "making possible its reverse"の構文がわかりません。

"making possible its reverse"の構文がわかりません。分詞構文なのでしょうか? For example, cloning may increase our understanding of the fundamental processes of cellular differentiation, thereby "making possible its reverse", and hence providing a means of controlling pathological and aging process. cellular differentiation:細胞分化 pathological:病理学の aging:老化 「例えば、クローン技術は基本的な細胞分化に関する我々の理解を深めるであろう、【それによってその逆を可能にし】、病理学や老化の過程をコントロールする手段を提供するのである。」 と訳しました。 よろしくお願いします。

• can not without について

下記の英文に使われている could は後続の文から判断すると、 「過去を表している」というよりも、「時制の一致を受けている」と判断した方が良いのでしょうか。 You can understand that I am not accustomed to doing such business in my own person. Yet the matter was so delicate that I could not confide it to an agent without putting myself in his power. I have come incognito from Prague for the purpose of consulting you. (1)過去を表している場合 「問題があまりに微妙なものだったので、自分自身を彼の支配力の中に置くことなしには、それを代理人に打ち明けることができなかった」→「打ち明けてしまって、今彼の支配力の中に置かれている」 (2)時制の一致の場合 「問題があまりに微妙なものだったので、自分自身を彼の支配力の中に置くことなしには、打ち明けることはできない」→「(それほど微妙なものなので)打ち明けておらず、今彼の支配力の中に置かれていない」 お手数をおかけして申し訳ございませんが、ご教示頂けますと幸いです。 何卒よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願いします。

自分で試行錯誤してみたのですが、的を得た訳ができません。 よろしくお願いいたします。 Wealthier countries that have already had the benefit of massive fossil fuel use in their development are well-prepared to ease away from these more rudimentary energy sources, while poorer and developing nations that have not yet built their manufacturing base and infrastructure could experience faster growth by using the same methods of their larger counterparts – except that they’re now facing pressure to slow down as well.

• suffer /injuries [from]

以下のfrom obstructed laborはどこにつながっているのでしょうか? Having a baby can be one of the most joyous events in a woman's life. Yet for the millions of young women in the developing world who suffer severe injuries called fistulas from obstructed labor, it's the beginning of a living nightmare, one that can last the rest of their lives. 解釈(1)「suffer ・・・ from 原因」 「原因から・・・で苦しむ」 解釈(2)「injuries from 原因」「~が原因の重傷」 どちらでしょうか?

• 和訳をお願い致します

どなたかこの英文を訳していただけないでしょうか。 よろしくお願致します。 hi! $100.00 with the shipping included! wow that's so cool! thank you! i have to go back to my bank tonight to pay on line because their system is down for the next few hours they said and i'm going to try to increase the credit i have with them. right now i have 32.00 with them abvailable. (50.00 when i pay what is owed, tonight) i can put i can put either the 50 or the 32 down on the item if you want and then make payments from there and when i am done you can ship the item because it's a christmas gift for my girlfriend so i don't need it immediately, i'm so happy! if i get a credit increase for $100.00 i will just pay you the $100.00 but if they don't give me the increase we'll do it the payment way if that's cool with you. thank you so much!