• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:It’ll keep you sharp.)

Accepting Money: Is it Appropriate to Accept Payment for a Favor?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Accepting money for a favor is a common practice, even if it is an offer from your girlfriend's parents.
  • Politely refusing once is acceptable, but graciously accepting shows gratitude for their generosity.
  • This situation may indicate future battles over who pays for expenses if you continue dating this girl.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

It’ll keep you sharp のit はlifelong battle。 もし彼女と付き合い続ければ、お金(ここでは小切手: the check)をだれが受け取るべきかと言う彼女に親とのバトルを続けることになると言う前ふりでそれがkeep you つまり同じ状況が続くことを言っています。もしmake you sharpだったら明確になるとか、賢くなるなのですが、そうでは無く今sharpな状態でそれが続くと言う事。 すると、意味としては、刺々しいと言うようなニュアンスでしょう。ずっと受け取る受け取らないの争いを続けたら相手に両親の立場に立ったらそう見えると言う意味もあるでしょうがそんなに悪い意味で言っていないので日本語にしたら「頑なな」くらいかな。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

It’ll keep you sharp.はどのような意味でしょうか?  下記の形容詞の4に近く「賢明な判断をする」という意味でしょう。反対語では、ごまかす、良い加減にする、甘える、どんぶり勘定、などが考えられます。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=sharp

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• where to stick it

I’m (over)due with my second child, and I am not looking forward to the “help” that will come when she is born. When my son was born, my in-laws came for a week. They helped by holding my son, soothing my son, playing with him—all the things I wanted to do. To be fair, they also cooked and cleaned a bit, but I had no idea how to tell them to let us bond. My in-laws are coming again this time around, from what I understand. My husband insists they are helpful, but all I feel is that they are intrusive and disrespectful of my boundaries. My own family is popping in too, for just a few days, but I have no qualms about telling them where to stick it if they overstep! telling them where to stick it if they overstepの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• I'll keep it in my mind.

I'll keep it in my mind. を使った簡単な会話を教えてください。 例えば we'll have a date tomorrow. Don't be late! I'll keep it in my mind は正しい使い方でしょうか? 他に何かありましたら教えて下さい

• If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us

If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt exchange or refund your money back full. ってどういう意味ですか?

• if this say anything for you I think if we keep talking

訳に困っています。知り合いの外国人なんですが、 You know when I'm sleepping, you are emailing me. When you are sleepping I'm emailing you back. But if this say anything for you I think if we keep talking I'm going to be in love!  自分なりに訳しました。正しい訳とニュアンスを教えてください。 私が寝ているときに君はメールをして、君が寝てる時に僕がメールを返す。・・・・・わかりません おしえてください

• keep me on the hook

My in-laws last year asked if I could babysit their 11-year-old this April so they could go away for a weekend, which they never get to do. I agreed and told them I would just need a few weeks’ notice to organize my own child care around it. Well, it’s April, and they still haven’t picked a date. I haven’t been able to make any plans of my own for weeks, and as we get closer to summer, the heat affects my health condition and puts me at a higher risk for seizures. My in-laws definitely need the time on their own and don’t have other child care options (my niece-in-law is poorly behaved), so I would feel like a bit of a jerk withdrawing my offer. But I feel like they’re not being very reasonable. Is it fair for them to keep me on the hook, or should I tell them I’ll no longer be available? keep me on the hookはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• then you have it

You say you can’t live like this for the rest of your life, but it doesn’t sound like your husband has ever been any different, which suggests that if you stay with him, the rest of your life is going to look exactly like the last 24 years. If part of what you are looking for right now is permission to contemplate a separation from your husband after years of trying to get him to change, then you have it. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/06/dear_prudence_i_work_and_do_all_of_the_parenting.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent then you have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• これはどう受けとれば良いでしょうか?

下記のようなメッセージをもらいました。 彼はまだ恋人ではないのですが、これは単に友達として受け取ったら良いのでしょうか? それとも恋愛感情があるととっても良いのでしょうか? I am going to get you a gift! I understand you don't need it, but I care about you. and you are a special person in my life. I would like to show my gratitude for you, even if it is a small gift. 英語のニュアンスがいまいちわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• このメール文章の中「 I always liked you.」はどうい

このメール文章の中「 I always liked you.」はどういう意味を持っていますか? I got my home & have been moved in for 4 months now. Its not big, but its mine & all paid off. lol I had my surgery Nov 30 09 & am walking with a cane now. I got 2 big ugly scars too. I would be happy to meet you anywhere you want. I always liked you. Your welcome to stay at my home if you want. I promise to keep it clean while your here.

• keep you とは?

Keep a diary,   and someday it'll keep you.   --- Mae West   「日記をつけなさい、そうすれば、・・・・」 "keep you" とはどういう意味でしょうか?

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.

罫線のマス目の印刷がずれる
このQ&Aのポイント
  • 罫線のマス目の印刷がずれてしまう問題について、改善方法があるかご相談します。
  • 使用しているブラザー製品のDCP-J963Nで、コピー時に特に罫線のずれが酷い状況です。
  • 現在の環境ではWindows10を使用し、無線LANで接続しています。ひかり回線を利用しています。
回答を見る