How to Restore Masculinity and Salvage a Relationship

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn what 'troll the avenues' means and how to restore masculinity in a relationship.
  • Discover ways to reaffirm your manhood and salvage your relationship after a failed attempt at winning a stuffed animal.
  • Explore whether seeking a new relationship is a solution or if there are ways to regain trust and rebuild the current one.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

troll the avenues

At an amusement park recently, I was unable to win the woman I'm dating the oversized stuffed giraffe she desired. I tried valiantly, but winning wasn't in the cards for me. She forgave me, but I'm afraid she harbors more resentment than she let on. Since then her behavior has been peculiar. She emails me pictures of giraffes, stretches her neck to frightening lengths, and got a giraffe tattoo that extends from her wrist to her shoulder. I know the ability to win a stuffed animal for a lover is a potent measure of a man's worth. My failure has left my masculinity sagging. Is there anything I can do to reaffirm my manhood and salvage my relationship? Or should I troll the avenues of Manhattan in search of a lady whose faith I have not shattered? troll the avenuesはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にはそれらしき意味がありませんでした。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

troll the avenuesはどのような意味でしょうか? troll は、下記1の様に文字通り「流し釣りをする」ことも、2のように、それに似た「(インターネットなどの)釣りをする」こともあります。   https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=troll  ここでは「(マンハッタンの)通りの人の流れに(川の流れに見立て)流した釣り針に引っかかる(女はいないか)と釣る」ことです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

My sister has recently got engaged to a man I’ve never met. I’m happy for her as she sounds happy. She has now asked me to be her matron of honor and with my understanding of the responsibilities, I feel I cannot properly fill the duties. When I was getting married, she showed up hung over to my shower, canceled my bachelorette party the day of as “she had to work,” only to find out she went to be with her boyfriend, and purposely told me a later time for a bridesmaid dress appointment so she had her dress picked out by the time I got there. fill the dutiesは「役目を果たす」でしょうか?あと、showed up hung over to my showerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• bring me into the fold

My girlfriend of three years has become obsessed with astrology. I support her observation of the discipline, but now that we are more serious as a couple, she is trying to bring me into the fold. bring me into the foldはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• walked me through

I've been friends with "Myrtle" for nearly 20 years. She used to work for me. I'm a very strong, independent woman. I've never needed many friends (I've been married to my best friend for 37 years). Myrtle has always been a drama queen. She demands a lot of attention. She is exhausting. Her husband and I have also butted heads over the years. It drains me to hang out with them for any period of time. The last time she had one of her explosions, I backed off. My therapist has walked me through my feelings and I'm now very clear that being with her is unhealthy for me. I tried to back out slowly, but then she created drama over nothing again -- exploding, and then coming back and apologizing. walked me through my feelingsとcreated drama over nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Lisa, my girlfriend of 15 years, recently discovered that I have been having an affair with another woman for the past year. Lisa has stated that she doesn’t want to leave me at this point, but needs a cooling off period of two months to assess her needs and expectations of me in the future. When she is ready, she will reach out to me and we will go to counseling, but I am not to contact her before the eight weeks are up. I am not to contact herはI will not contact herというのとはどう違うのでしょうか?あと、before the eight weeks are upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A woman I work with used to join me and a few others for drinks after work occasionally, and her company is fine enough. However, over the past six months due to a minor promotion, she has become insufferable. She is constantly ratting people out to our principal (I work at a school,) looking for ways to get those she doesn’t like in trouble, and even going as far as to make up things that aren’t true. None of this has been directed at me personally, so I have stayed out of it, while remaining sympathetic to my co-workers who are victims of her power trip. The root of this issue is the way the principal handles HR, but I’m not interested in speaking with her about that. My problem is that this woman is always asking me what I’m doing after work and trying to invite herself along with me and another friend I work with. We both feel uncomfortable socializing with her since we’re disgusted at her behavior, however, I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss. I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 意味と用法について教えてください

In January, I finally married the woman of my dreams. "Julie" was sweet and kind, with lots of love to give. Things went well for a few weeks, but then everything changed. Julie has always had issues with depression. She'd be overwhelmed from time to time but always came to me for comfort. Suddenly, she didn't want me near her when she was depressed. As hurt as I was, I gave her the space she wanted. As hurt as I wasの意味と用法について教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• pull me down

I am a young guy in university undergoing a gender transition. Since coming out at the start of this academic year, I have never been so centered and calm — and I am happy with life. I have finally gotten to a point where I can allow myself to get into a serious relationship with someone who truly respects my identity and sees me as nothing but male. The only issue I have is that my mum is in total denial. She has known now for two and a half years but will not respect my pronouns or my new name. I tried to bring her along in the transition from the beginning, but after two years trying to convince her this is real, I couldn't wait any longer and I finally started hormones. All of our arguments center on her being uncomfortable with my transition. It's framed as concern for me. My mum has never been happy in her life, and I cannot allow her to pull me down with her. I struggle terribly knowing that I am betraying her perception of me and taking away her little girl. But this is who I am; I can't do anything about it. The stuff she says is offensive and wrong and try as I might to understand, I am losing respect for her. pull me downと try as I might to understandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I'm 64. I have known "Ashley" for seven years. She is a mother of two young boys, ages 7 and 5. In her early mommy years, she needed a lot of help. She would call me in the early mornings and ask whether I could care for the kids so she could go to work. I would make the long drive after throwing water on my face. Ashley's boys call me Gramma. It's a heavenly title. Being able to enjoy these kids has truly filled a void in my life. I did not get to enjoy my own grandchildren because of a tragic divorce, losing my girls to parental abduction. But Ashley has never been very mindful of my needs. I have had several surgeries. She would always say she would fix food and bring it by, but she never did. mindful of my needsとbring it byの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします