Is This Fair? When Lending Money to Friends and Family Becomes a Burden

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Lending money to friends and family can strain relationships, especially when repayment is delayed or avoided.
  • The belief that money lent to loved ones should be considered a gift if you want to maintain the relationship can create emotional distress.
  • The dilemma of whether to confront the friend about repayment and risk losing the friendship adds to the unfairness of the situation.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

his is on me

Dear Sugars, I remember reading, at some point, that you should be willing to give any money you lend to friends and family as a gift if you want to maintain that friendship or relationship. I get this. I've lived by it for a long time. However, I went against my better judgment and lent a friend a lot of money. She said she would pay me back quickly, but now it's been almost a year. I never imagined that she would avoid the topic the way she has, but after I lent her the money, she never mentioned it again. My heart hurts when I think about it. If it were a few hundred dollars I would feel OK with the gift, but this is a big amount of money. Should I assume that if I bring it up with her and ask her to pay me, that I am going to lose the friendship? It feels so incredibly unfair that this is on me. his is on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4107/5340)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"this is on me." 「私がその責任(義務)を負っている。」 話者は大金を友人に貸してしまいました。その後その友人は借りたお金に関し一切口に出そうとしません。話者は貸したお金を返してもらうよう、友人に催促すべきかどうか悩んでいます。何故ならそうすることで友情を失ってしまうかも知れないからです。「そもそも、返済責任は友人の方にあるのに、なぜ自分が、催促するという義務を負わなくてはならないのか」、と話者はこのアンフェアな状況を憂いています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

noname#233737
noname#233737
回答No.3

his is on meを検索すればいい

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9704/12070)
回答No.2

>ここでのinvestmentはどう訳したら良いでしょうか? ⇒文字通り、「(男友達に)金などをつぎ込むこと」でしょう。 「妻の私が男友達(とのつきあい)に金や時間をつぎ込むことを夫は疑い、いら立っているので、どうしたらいいでしょうか」というような相談のくだりだと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。(別の質問内容ですが。。。)

関連するQ&A

• It would be like me to

This morning my work email brought a message from a woman I haven’t seen in more than five years. We worked together (different departments, same university) in early 2011. At first I thought the email was a mistake—meant for someone else with my name—because I didn’t recognize the sender’s name. But then I remembered her. She and I had lunch or dinner together a couple of times when I lived in that city, and we talked about work stuff; both of us were from someplace else and neither had many friends there. It wasn’t what I would call a friendship. Her email says that she is coming to my current city for a particular art exhibit and that she would like to see me (maybe catch the art show together), and asked whether I would be interested in meeting when she’s here. I’m not. I remember so little about her. After all this time, do I owe her a reply? In fairness to her, I probably said something like, “If you ever come to [my city], let me know.” It would be like me to issue such an invitation never thinking she’d take me up on it. It would be like meはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• please someone translate for me

"I don't feel I have been anything but honest with you since we have started our friendship, I am sorry I am unable to give my self to you at this point as anything but a friend." this is my homework at my school from out of japan. please someone translate for me. in my idea, it means "she does not feel anything for him(does not she like him?) and it is her honest. so she does not want to be in a relationship with him(she just wants to be a friend)." = "tomodachi ijou koibito miman?" is it light? please, please someone helps me. if you comment me, i can not use japanese now, but i can read japanese, so please write japanese. thank you so much!

• 話法の問題が解けません。

話法の問題が解けません。 1. She said to him, "Please help me with her homework." She ( ) him ( ) help her with her homework. 2.She said to me, "Do you remember me?" She ( ) me ( ) I remembered her. 3. She said to him, "What do you mean?" She ( ) him ( ) ( ) ( ). 4. She said to him, "Let's talk about it." She ( ) to him that ( ) ( ) talk about it. 5. She said, "How happy I am!" She said with joy that she was ( ) happy. 6.He said, "May God help me!" He ( ) that God ( ) help him. 7. Yesterday she said to me, "I'll see you tomorrow". Yesterday she told me that she would see me ( ).

• My only reservation is

I was a loving and devoted mother to her and hoped she would realize that, especially after she had a child of her own. But I don't see that happening and I'm thinking of simply fading out of my daughter's life. I don't think she would miss me and, at this point, vice versa. My second husband's daughter and grandchildren love me. Rather than beating my head against a brick wall, I think I'd rather devote my energy to having a relationship with people who appreciate me. My only reservation is that my natural granddaughter will miss out on having a relationship. ここでのreservationはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• wouldの意味

My mom used to be quite anti-smoking. She said she had never tried it and never wanted to, that it smelled terrible, and that it was like burning up money. Recently, I started noticing the smell of cigarette smoke on her. I peeked into her purse and found an opened cigarette pack! Why would she do this? Why would she do this?のwouldはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Q. Help is not needed: I recently tried to assist a disabled person getting out of an SUV onto a wheelchair. At the time, it seemed like she had trouble controlling the chair, and I rushed to help. She was brought to tears as she tried to get me to move away. But then she seemed like she was about to fall again while trying to sit in the chair. In retrospect, I think I might have overreacted. But, again, she insisted that I did not help her. I see that person more or less every day, and I am uncomfortable about the right thing. I don’t know if apologizing will make things worse. Is there anything to do to make this right or less awkward? A: You say the woman in question seemed “about to fall again” but not that she ever actually fell, a detail I believe you would have included had it actually happened. she insisted that I did not help her.は「彼女は私を助けないでと主張した」でしょうか?あと、 not that she ever actually fell, a detail I believe you would have included had it actually happenedのeverはどのような役割でしょうか?また、had it actually happenedは仮定法でしょうか?not that以下の全体の訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• pull me down

I am a young guy in university undergoing a gender transition. Since coming out at the start of this academic year, I have never been so centered and calm — and I am happy with life. I have finally gotten to a point where I can allow myself to get into a serious relationship with someone who truly respects my identity and sees me as nothing but male. The only issue I have is that my mum is in total denial. She has known now for two and a half years but will not respect my pronouns or my new name. I tried to bring her along in the transition from the beginning, but after two years trying to convince her this is real, I couldn't wait any longer and I finally started hormones. All of our arguments center on her being uncomfortable with my transition. It's framed as concern for me. My mum has never been happy in her life, and I cannot allow her to pull me down with her. I struggle terribly knowing that I am betraying her perception of me and taking away her little girl. But this is who I am; I can't do anything about it. The stuff she says is offensive and wrong and try as I might to understand, I am losing respect for her. pull me downと try as I might to understandはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか

話法を変えて書き換えるにはどうしたらいいですか 1 The man said to me ,"Would you show me your album?" 2 She asked her mother whether she might go on a picnic some of our friends if it was fine the next Saturday. 3 This morning my father told me that he was going fishing in the lake tomorrow and asked me if I would not go with him. 4 She said she hada seen her brother the previous week but that she had not seen him since. 5 She said he was giving a party that week but she was sorry not be invited to it. 6 I said to my mother ," I am thirsty . Please give me something to drink." 7 The child said ,"What a long nose this animal has!" 8 Tom asked Lucy what she thought of his plan. できたら和訳も教えてください。 よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I have a co-worker that recently lost about 50 pounds. I am very happy for her, and I applaud her efforts and results. Earlier this week she offered up some of her “big girl” clothes to me. I was taken aback at first, and then was gracious and just said “OK.” She said she had shorts that were too big for her now, but she thought I would like them. This is a working relationship; we talk about some personal family stuff, but we have no friendship outside of the office. This woman can also be a bit passive-aggressive regarding her weight loss, in that she brings food in and makes up plates for the rest of us to eat. offer upはofferとはどう違うのでしょうか?あと、brings food in and makes up platesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• would

would について教えていただけますか? 1:I wish she would stop pushing me to buy such strange stange.   なぜwould があるの? 2: a: HOw much would it be to send this to Japan? b:That'd cost 22 dollars by air mail. このThat'd はThat wouldですか? 3: would it be ok if i borrowed your tent?    このwould it be は丁寧な言い方と友人から教わりした(敬語のようなもの)と..... よく使う表現なのでしょうか?また、ほかにはどのような時つかいますか? would は、ていねいな言い方、will の過去形、などたくさんの使い方があるようですが、私は、would you like.......?i do like to .....? ぐらいしか使えていないし、上記のような使い方?意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。