Is Love Based on Checking Boxes?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • I’m consistently on and off with a man ten years my senior for no reason — I don’t love him, there are no sparks, he’s not nice or in love with me, I don’t think he’d be a great father, and he isn’t that attractive. However, he’s good on paper and checks the boxes, and for some reason keeps coming back to me (though won’t commit).
  • Is someone only going to love me if I check the boxes, too? How do I get over the need to keep checking the boxes (even the boxes I created for myself)?
  • I thought I did everything right. Why isn’t it paying off?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

I’m consistently on and off with a man ten years my senior (we were colleagues at said prestigious company) for no reason — I don’t love him, there are no sparks, he’s not nice or in love with me, I don’t think he’d be a great father, and he isn’t that attractive. However, he’s good on paper and checks the boxes, and for some reason keeps coming back to me (though won’t commit). Is someone only going to love me if I check the boxes, too? How do I get over the need to keep checking the boxes (even the boxes I created for myself)? I thought I did everything right. Why isn’t it paying off? he’s good on paperとここでのcheck the boxesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"he's good on paper" = 「彼は書面上では良い」=「(育ち、学歴、職歴など)彼の体面(見てくれ)は良い」 "check the boxes" = 「(課された)諸条件をすべて満たす(必要事項・チェック項目に印を入れる、の意から)」 "However, he’s good on paper and checks the boxes" 「しかし彼は体裁がよく、私が望む諸条件をすべて満たしている」 "Is someone only going to love me if I check the boxes, too? " 「私も相手の諸条件をすべて満たさない限り、誰にも愛してもらえないの?」 "How do I get over the need to keep checking the boxes (even the boxes I created for myself)? " 「色々な条件(私自身のために自分が課した条件を含め)すべてを常に満たさなければならない、という思い(強迫観念)から自分を解放するにはどうしたらいいの?」

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

he’s good on paperとここでのcheck the boxesの意味を教えてください。 1。he’s good on paper「紙の上ではよく見える」例えば、東大、ハーバード大卒と、書いてある(しかし実態は) 2。check the boxes 「箱にレ点を入れる」例えば、学歴という欄には申分ないとチェックマークをつける、まあ1と同じ意味です。  しかも「私」が作った点付け表(箱の集まり)でも、学歴、収入、などに関してはみんな「いい」というマークになる理想の男性、ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• obscure reference

彼氏があまり賢くないのが嫌だ、という内容で He's good to me, and I wish I could be a simpler girl who doesn't love obscure references and librarian glasses—http://www.elle.com/life-love/ask-e-jean/advice/a29013/ask-e-jean-my-boyfriend-isnt-intellectual-enough-for-me/ obscure referenceとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• stand to

I love my husband, but I don't like him anymore. He is disrespectful to me because I am overweight, and he has been after me for years to lose the extra pounds. He uses filthy language when he speaks to me and says it's OK because I am disrespecting him by not losing weight. I'm 58 years old, have back problems, wear a size 8 and could stand to lose a good 15 pounds. stand toはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳してください。

I'm just sudden.. alone... now.. I always miss you.. and pray for your good future & our meeting.. but your sudden word give me sad... I think that you don't like me and you don't love me... my mind.. is too.. good luck to you... always... I wait for you.. in this place...

• without a peep

I have been happily married to my husband for two years. While he is loving, and a good provider, he is not overly romantic. I would love nothing more than for him to surprise me with some flowers one day because he was thinking of me, but he's never given me flowers. Valentine's Day comes and goes without a peep from him. ここでのwithout a peepはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• on to me

A: I'm a little upset with Ken. B: May I know why? A: He's always on to me. B: There's no reason to feel that way. I'm sure he doesn't mean to make you feel bad. のMay I know why?とon to meの訳と解釈を教えていただけないでしょう?

• この英文の意味を教えてください

この英文の意味を教えてください Hehe, I tried to listen 「Three days grase, 」it was good ^^ And remind me about Skillet x) But I saw some person from America in your "Friends", isn't he a good person?

• よろしくお願いします

Do something special to celebrate Christmas with your family on another day, as the holiday isn't so much about the date on a calendar as it is about reaching out to loved ones and remembering the reason for the season. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2158619 as the holiday isn't so much about the date on a calendar as it is about reaching out to loved ones and remembering the reason for the seasonの訳と訳し方のコツを教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I've been married for four years. My husband is a good man. He's really good to me, but lately it feels like our marriage is in a rut. We don't have any children, so I feel that some our attention should be focused on "us," but he stays on his computer all day, and when he's not on his computer, he's got his nose in his phone. I'm all about letting him have his "you time," so I let him do his own thing, and I go and do my own things, but I would still like some "us" time every now and again. he's got his nose inはhe's caught up inと同意でしょぅか?あと、I'm all about はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• カーペンターズの曲で『Love me for what I am』とい

カーペンターズの曲で『Love me for what I am』という曲の日本語の訳を知りたいです。 We fell in love on the first night that we met Together we've been happy I have very few regrets The ordinary problems have not been hard to face, but lately little changes has been Slowly taking place You’re always finding something Is wrong in what I do But you can’t rearrange my life because it Pleases you You’ve got to love me For what I am For simply being me Don’t love me for what You intend and hope that I will be And if you’re only using me to feed your fantasies, you’re really not in love so let me go- I must be free If what you want, isn’t natural for me I won’t pretend to keep you...... The picture of perfection is only in your mind For all your expectations love can never be designed We.......each other...... And make another start... Ur really not in love so let me go I must be free... なんて言っているのでしょうか。 サイトで翻訳しても機械的なのでわからないです、よろしくお願いします。

• on disability

I have been in a relationship for four years. My partner has fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. When we met, he had just found out. He was still active, working, and we had sex regularly. Fast forward: He is now on disability, not working at all, we rarely sleep together and he never leaves the house. I love him still, but I didn't realize how hard this would be. I know he has a lot to cope with, but it's hard on me as well. on disabilityはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、it's hard on meはit's hard for meとどう違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします