Bedtime Accidents: A Heartbreaking Reality of Child Abuse

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A single mother's plea for help: her 4-year-old son is being abused by her ex-husband and his wife. After every visit, the boy comes home bruised, scratched, and traumatized. He has even been diagnosed with PTSD. Teachers, pediatricians, and therapists have reported the abuse to Child Protective Services, but no investigation has been conducted. This raises the question: why are these reports being ignored?
  • The boy's nightmares are so severe that he has bedtime accidents. His mother has exhausted all resources, including going to court, to protect him, but to no avail. She is now desperate and considering going on the run. She pleads for anyone who can help.
  • The heartbreaking reality of child abuse is highlighted in the case of a 4-year-old boy who is being abused by his father and stepmother. Despite numerous reports from professionals, Child Protective Services has failed to take action. The boy's traumatic experiences have resulted in severe nightmares and bedtime accidents. His mother is left with no solution in sight and is desperately seeking assistance.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

bedtime accidents

Dear Annie: I am a single mom of a 4-year-old boy who is being abused by my ex-husband and his wife. After a visit, he comes home bruised and scratched with black eyes. He has had scabies more than a dozen times. The worst thing is that my son was just diagnosed with PTSD. I don't speak negatively about his father. But when it's time for my son to visit him, he cries and begs to stay home. He says, "Daddy hurts me, and I'm scared of him." My son sees a child therapist, and she is worried for his mental health. My son's teachers, pediatrician and therapist have all called Child Protective Services, but for some reason, they don't investigate. I was told they don't consider this abuse. How can people say that? My son has such horrible nightmares after coming home from his Dad's house that he has bedtime accidents. I have gone to court and used all of my money to retain lawyers, and I have lost every time. I am now broke and on the verge of going on the run to protect him. What can I do? Is there anybody who can help? -- Angela, No State, Please Dear Angela: We do not understand how Child Protective Services could ignore abuse reports from teachers, pediatricians and therapists. Something isn't adding up. bedtime accidentsとは何でしょうか?あと、Something isn't adding upの訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4111/5344)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

Mymmy Mundo というサイトに Help for Bedtime Accidents と題されたページ (参考URL) があって、そこでは 「おねしょ」 の問題が扱われていました。お示しの文における bedtime accidents もそういう意味で使われているのではないでしょうか。 > My son has such horrible nightmares after coming home from his Dad's house that he has bedtime accidents.  息子は父親の家を訪問した日は、ひどい夢に悩まされて、それでお漏らしをしてしまいます。 add up については、おそらく下記の意味 (この引用は Cambridge Dictionary からです) ではないかと推測しました。  to seem reasonable or likely そういう前提で読んでみると、 > Something isn't adding up.  何か腑に落ちないものがあります。 くらいの文かな、と思いました。

参考URL:
https://www.mommymundo.com/blog/help-for-bedtime-accidents
corta
質問者

お礼

お世話になります。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I have been struggling with my son for a long time and just don’t know how to get through to him. He started out being very impulsive as a young child, not thinking things through, getting aggressive with other children, and not listening. Once he entered grade school, the aggressive behavior toned down significantly, thank goodness, and he appeared to be listening to his teachers. At home is a different story. I’ve been divorced from my son’s father since he was 2½ years old, but up until recently he still maintained contact with him. I attributed many of his behaviors to his father’s leniency and lack of discipline. However, my son is 9 now and no longer has contact with his father, who is a deadbeat. My son continues to push me over the edge by not listening even though I am very clear on my expectations of him. He struggles with basic tasks like bathing himself properly, brushing his teeth, and flushing the toilet. It doesn’t seem natural that I should have to do these things for him at this stage of his development. He is very clingy for a child his age—he cannot seem to find ways to entertain himself and does not have any consistent friendships with other kids. I get so frustrated that much of the time I resort to yelling and even slapping him. I have also removed toys and privileges, which he has done little to earn back. He started out being very impulsive as a young child,の訳を教えてください。あと、privilegesですが、「特典を取り上げた」?とはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• make the right call

My son is a second-grader. Over the summer, while he was staying with my ex-husband, a boy touched my son's private area over his clothes. This was no slight, accidental touch. It was deliberate. My son's stepmother called child protective services regarding the incident, because the family of the other child runs an in-home daycare. As I have sole custody, the child services caseworker contacted me about the incident. I spoke with my ex and his wife, and we were all in agreement that our son would not be in contact with the other child again. It is now four months later, and my son tells me that his father allowed him to play at the home of this same boy who grabbed his genitals. I called my ex, and he doesn't seem to think the initial incident was serious. He feels his wife "blew it out of proportion," and they've had fights about it. I have spoken with child protective services about Dad continuing to allow our son to interact with the neighbor boy who obviously has boundary issues. While my son has not reported a second incident, I am left feeling that I cannot trust his father to parent effectively. Dad seems more interested in proving his wife wrong than he is in protecting our son at this vulnerable age. I cannot in good conscience allow visitation under the current circumstances. I refuse to permit my son to be in a potentially questionable environment, and I can't trust Dad to make the right call. make the right callはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• save him from himself

My five year-old son is starting kindergarten and wants to dress himself. None of his clothing matches and I’m worried his friends and others will make fun of him for the way he looks. He is insisting on picking out his own clothes. My husband and I are torn over what to do. Do we allow him to pick his own clothes OR do we save him from himself and demand he wear what we tell him to? save him from himself はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• resources

My eldest son is a 33-year-old heroin addict and has been since he was 19. It’s a horrible addiction, and at his lowest point last year he stole over $30,000 from his grandmother (my mother). Now he’s in jail facing felony charges. I’ve visited him twice, and he seems clean, which makes me happy, but my problem is that my mother wants me to help him when he gets out, and I don’t see how I can. He’s been “clean” so many times before, and he’s stolen from almost all of his family members, and I just don’t know how to trust him again. I also don’t know how long his sentence will be. He can’t stay with me; I live in a small loft with no doors and I’m very private. I let him stay once before when he was clean, but he thought I was too strict. I’m getting a lot of pressure to help him get back on his feet, and I’m being berated for not supporting him in his “time of need.” I don’t want him to be released with nowhere to go, however. I can’t afford to help him get an apartment, though my mother thinks I should. Am I a terrible parent for saying no? We live in Texas, where there are not many affordable resources. ここでのresourcesとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

DEAR ABBY: My 23-year-old son does not want to work and spends all his time playing video games. He's obsessed with them. He disrespects my house -- and me -- by not cleaning his room. I don't know what to do. He's my son, but he is a user and feels he's entitled to live here. He pays no bills and blows all his money on gaming. He quits every job he has. I love him and kicked him out once, but he got on Facebook and told people what bad parents we are. All he says is he wants to be happy. I think he's out of touch with reality. He has no place to go if I kick him out. What do I do? -- DAD WHO'S HAD IT IN OHIO DEAR DAD: Your son is an adult, even if he doesn't act like one. Give him a deadline to find another place to crash -- perhaps with a roommate -- and be out of there. If he says he has no money, remember that he comes up with money to blow. remember that he comes up with money to blowはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了

They once took my son when he was small and drove him around and grilled him because they thought he was being abused. He had fallen and hit his face on a bleacher at the pool. My mom was there and saw the whole thing happen but pretended not to know. I worked for Child Protective Services at the time and was humiliated. But thank goodness, my son and I were interviewed, so we could prove nothing bad had happened. He had fallenとnothing bad hadのところはなぜ過去形ではなく過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• user

My 23-year-old son does not want to work and spends all his time playing video games. He's obsessed with them. He disrespects my house -- and me -- by not cleaning his room. I don't know what to do. He's my son, but he is a user and feels he's entitled to live here. ここでのuserはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

After many hours of crying and shouting he admitted to me that he and this person have engaged in sexual contact. I'm crushed! This is the love of my life! I would never have suspected cheating from him! He said he had to get his curiosity out of his system before he asked me to marry him this summer. get his curiosity out of his systemとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My father was recently incarcerated for a short period of time after being convicted of a felony. He was completely guilty and I have no problem with him being locked up for it. The problem is that he now expects me to pay the fines he owes as part of his sentence, attorneys fees, etc. after he gets out. I paid quite a bit of money to attend his sentencing from the other side of the country, and got all his affairs in order for him. My father and I are not close and never have been; he was completely uninterested in being a father, and call me petty but I don’t feel like bailing him out. He never paid child support, and we lived hand-to-mouth for many years because of it. I have power of attorney over his finances while he’s in prison, and while he’s hardly wealthy, I know he can cover his fines and other monthly expenses without bankrupting himself. The problem is that I make more money than just about everyone in my immediate and extended family, so virtually everyone believes I should cover him because I can afford to. My husband, mother, and siblings fully support me in this and believe I shouldn’t have to justify why I won’t spend my money on my father. sentencingはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、got all his affairs in order for himはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、have power of attorney over his financesとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、cover his finesとcover himはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、shouldn’t have to justifyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I became disabled a few years ago. We have a younger child, a 16-year-old, and my main concern right now is protecting him. Robert is technically still my husband but is never around; he calls just to make sure I'm taking care of his stuff. He will be 59 1/2 in a few months, and he's planning on taking the money in his 401(k) and leaving us all. Robert and I have properties. He promised that each child would be added to the deed of one place. taking the money in his 401(k)は「401(k)(という年金)のお金をもらう」ということでしょうか? ここでのpropertiesの意味を教えてください。 deed of one placeとはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします