• 締切済み

この英文の意味を誰か教えて下さい。

shingo5kの回答

• shingo5k
  • ベストアンサー率33% (123/366)
回答No.9

>>all it takes ~ の文の構造(S,V,O,C)が、 >>もしお分かりでしたら教えていただけますか? S: All it takes V: is C: an armed, angry lone wolf Trump supporter >>どうもfor以下の部分が、文の中でどういう働きを >>しているのか、どうもしっくりこないんですが。 it は to 不定詞の仮主語であり、その不定詞 の主語を示すのが for tragedy だと思います 「悲劇が起きること」が必要とするのは an armed, angry lone wolf Trump supporter だけだ の意味になると見ました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文について教えてください。

Moreover-taking the word "tragedy" in its most ordinary modern sense-it is Gretchen who suffers the tragedy, which Faust takes in his stride. We never see him hunted by the furies, like Orestes: no sooner has Part Two begun than spirits "remove the burning arrows of remorse, and cleanse his mind of memories." And though he dies blind like Oedipus, (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 Rather, he loses his sight when he is a hundred years old, just before he dies in a moment of elation. Faust's sufferings are incidental. He is not a tragic hero like Orestes, who is called upon to kill his mother, or like Oedipus, who owes it to his city to find out who killed his predecessor and who thus discovers that he killed his father and is wedded to his mother. In Faust, tragedy engulfs not the hero but representatives of unheroic, non-outstanding, suffering humanity: Gretchen, Philemon and Baucis, Gretchen's mother. The death of Philemon and Baucis in the fifth act of Part Two involves no tragic conflict in Faust's mind: he has given different instructions; their death is a hideous surprise to him; but again he takes it in his stride.(2)【 It is another episode, no more.】(3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 The drama is epic, the effect cumulative. 『Goethe's Faust by Walter Kaufmann』 上記の英文の(1)【】、(2)【】、(3)【】の部分について質問です。 (1)【he does not blind himself with clasps plucked in a passion from the corpse of his beloved, resolved to live in infamy and night.】 *clasps pluckedとはどういう意味にとればよいのでしょうか? *全体はどういう訳になりますか? (2)【 It is another episode, no more.】 *これはどういうことを言っているのでしょうか? another episodeとは? (3)【 In retrospect we realize, if it was not clear to us all along, that Gretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episode.】 *文の構造がよくわかりません。 if節があって、帰結はGretchen's tragedy, too, was a mere episodeだと思うのですが、Gretchen's tragedyの前にthatがついているのがわかりません。 *また、it was not clear to us all alongのitは何をさしているのでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文を訳して下さい。

he wife of the Republican presidential front-runner said Tuesday he is “an adult and he knows the consequences” of his prolific and sometimes inflammatory Twitter use. She was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper if she ever tried to get Trump to put his phone away and rein in his social media activity. “Anderson, if he would only listen. I do say it many times,” she replied, after revealing that she doesn’t let their young son, Barron, on Twitter. Trump, who has 7.5 million Twitter followers and nearly as many on Facebook, boasted about his social media prowess, saying it gives him a huge advantage over his rivals while marveling at its great reach. “I really enjoy doing it but it’s an asset,” he said. “You see what’s going on and there is some genius there. You just have to find the right genius.” Trump, who said he would sharply curtail but not eliminate his Twitter use if elected president, acknowledged that his retweets of supporters comments have gotten him in trouble. He has come under fire several times for his Twitter usage, most recently when he retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz, the wife of Republican rival Ted Cruz. But Trump insisted that he composes his own tweets and doesn’t run any posts past an adviser or focus group. “During the day when I’m in the office, I just shout it out to one of the young ladies in the office,” who then does the typing, Trump said. But “during the evenings, after 7 p.m. or so, I will always do it by myself.” The Twitter revelations came near the end of an hour-long town hall in which Trump was joined by his Slovenian-born wife, a former model, and his four grown children. Trump ceded center stage for much of the evening, as his children answered a dozen question from the New York City audience and attempted to cast a warm, humanizing light on their sometimes abrasive father. Ivanka Trump, who gave birth two weeks ago, spoke eloquently about her father, who is aiming to decisively win the primary next week in his home state of New York, increasing the chances that he can clinch the Republican presidential nomination before the party’s convention this summer.

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

下記の英文の添削をお願い致します。 When I got up in the morning,I felt srtange atomoshere. I noticed my oclock aram did not go off.I had to go now. but I wanted to have a breakfast.I asked by myself what sholud I do. I made a decition I have a breakfast puickly. If I skip a breakfast,I feel bad and somthing happen during a class. so I think my decition was correct. As a result,I could get to the school on time. Morning class I studied about a fairlytale especially little red riding hood . the fairytale is called AKAZUKINTOOOKAMI in Japan. first,I talked about the import of this story in own country. Among stories is a little different. Second,We listened to another story on youtube I tell you about the story of summary. When The wolf hanged on in forest,he finded one house which a grandmather live.He is hugrry so he tyied to eat her.He came into her house and eat her up!He knew a liitle girl is coming.He waited for her in the house. A littl girl came into the house and met him.She did not realized he is wolf.she said,What great big eyes you have.He replied,All the better to see you with. but she came up with idea he has cool fury so I want the fury. she has guns and shout him.He was dead. She made a fury coat out of wolf slkin. She said,Hell,and do please note my lovely furry coat. I finished made up a story. but I worked with classmate that she ignored to me. I could not stand over again but I can not be helped. I think I am the worst level in this class.I can not speak English very well. Evening class We talked about heart. I think It is difficult to explain heart.It is depend on person. but We couled talk about having heart ot heart. After school I went to the Oxford Circe which is famous for shopping road. I bought some underwear which is Small size and a T-shirts, I was filld up satisfaction. At dinner My host mother told me about a tommorow's dinner. A familly is going to come home at dinner time and have a dinner with us. I feel complax and better at the same time. I can talk person who is diffrent usual but I do not have confedence. I think I lose my confidence tomorrow.

• 英文の和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳をしていただけるかたのみで、 お願いできますでしょうか? 多分引き続き外観の内容だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Altogether he could be said to have a good figure. He has health and vitality and is more muscle but of a refined kind, lean than fat. A man who stands elegantly but has posture and poses, looks fit but not athletic, more like one who moves with the dance of life He has a freshness.. His mannerisms and movements have a bounce, a flourish, but can be awkward, angular, aristocratic, relaxed and stately all at the same time. A man who some people may dislike. A nobody pretending to be somebody else, you might say. But he has a certain aura, a quiet strength amid peace and tranquility.

• 英文のなぞなぞです

Here is a magician. He says he can get on his foot on a roller coaster which goes up and down a loop with nothing to bind him to the coaster. One says,"A liar." But he really does it.How? どう答えれば良いのでしょうか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a mother of three children, but it's the oldest my husband and I worry about. When "John" went to college, he started drinking a lot. I asked him about it then, and he admitted that he might have a problem, but he did nothing about it. That was 10 years ago. He has had two DWIs since, and he drinks every day. I found out from his girlfriend that he actually gets into the shower with a beer in his hand. I recently noticed that the whites of his eyes are yellow, which I'm told is a sign of liver damage. We've tried talking with John, but he denies he has a problem. My daughter and her friends have gone out socially with John, and she says he is fun to be with, and then suddenly a switch flips and he yells and curses. gone out socially with Johnはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Ms.Ken called about the promotional event on May 11. He's one of our valued customers. He received the invitation , and he's planning on attending, but he had a few inquiries to make: 1 He wondered whether guests will be required to comply with any kind of dress code. 2 He also asked if she can bring another guest, someone named Adrianna Bowers. He said the Ms.Bowers is also a frequent customer and would like to attend but did not get an invitation. Taken by: Collin

• 意味の分かりにくい英文です

"The world knows nothing of its greatest men." That may be true, but how can we tell? If we know nothing about them, we cannot tell whether they were great. But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. A man usually does his best work just before he is found out. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. He becomes a celebrity, and the lion-hunters give him no peace. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. 上記で、But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. などが特によく理解出来ません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の和訳

以下の英文を 和訳していただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の前半部分です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He likes plain and traditional foods but will eat heavily and heartily. He has a good gusty appetite, likes to eat mutton and beef. Meats and gravy, and bread and cooked vegetables. He likes boiled rice.. He consumes everything put on his plate. He shovels it down like coal down a hatch. Fills his belly. Likes drink, a thirsty person who needs liquids and will like a drink with his meal. He likes to attend banquets and family feasts. Religious and celebration feasts Will eat Xmas cake at any time or carnival cake when there is no carnival. He doesn’t really mind if the food is expensive or cheap, but he likes to know what he is eating, and prefers food as it is rather than garnished or smothered or unrecognizable.