• ベストアンサー

英語の主題は高いイントネーションで始まりますか。

Him I don't like, her I do. の Him, her や、Please, doctor, don't give me any more that nasty medicine. の Please から give まで、また、On the other hand maybe on a weekday it would be less crowded. の On から weekday まで、など、話題化・左方転位した語句を含む主題は、高いイントネーションが中核になるのですか。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Oubli
  • ベストアンサー率31% (744/2384)
回答No.2

イントネーションは音調の高低であり、音勢の強弱であるストレスとは区別されます。英語の決まりとしては平叙文や命令文だと文末でイントネーションを下げ、疑問文だと上げるということぐらいですが、実際には長い文だといくつかの部分に分かれ、それぞれの部分でイントネーション高=>低となります(疑問文以外)。平叙「文」が連続する感じだと思います。下記では↑と↓の間がイントネーションの単位で、その内部では基本的には高から低に進み、「'」はストレス(強勢)のある母音です。私が適当につけたもので、他の話し方もありますし、多分英語と米語、後者でも標準米語と南部訛ではかなり異なると思います。 ↑On the ’other h’and↓ ↑maybe on a w’eekday (↓↑) it would be less cr’owded↓. ↑Pl’ease, d'octor,↓ ↑d’on't give me any more (↓↑) that n’asty m’edicine↓.

kimko379
質問者

お礼

御回答を誠に有難う御座います。

kimko379
質問者

補足

括弧内の(↓↑)という記号の解釈方法をお教え頂けますでしょうか。そこだけが分かりません。

その他の回答 (1)

• bran111
  • ベストアンサー率49% (512/1037)
回答No.1

高いイントネーションは一般的には強調したい言葉を目立差たせる手段です。それは決して固定的なものではなくてsituationにより大いに変わります。 Him I don't like, her I do. 意味で絞れば強調したいのはherです。 Please, doctor, don't give me any more that nasty medicine. 内容として中心の単語はmedicineです。これを高いイントネーションで言うのは劇場的な効果があってよくやるでしょう。しかし、看護婦でなく医者にお願いしているときはdoctorを強調する場合もありです。Pleaseを高いイントネーションで言うとすれば感情的に切羽詰まっている状況です。絶望感も感じます。 On the other hand maybe on a weekday it would be less crowded 内容を考えれば強調したいのはweekdayです。ある街をビジネスという観点から見るとweekdayはcrowdedでしょうが、on the other hand,そこを訪れる観光客の数という観点から言うとweekdayはless crowdedということです。 しかし、会話の流れでOn the other hand に力が入ってしまうということも大いにありうるでしょう。

kimko379
質問者

お礼

御回答を誠に有難う御座います。

kimko379
質問者

補足

主題も題述(主題解説)も、無標の、取り立てて強調しない文肢・文成分ばかりであるときには如何でしょうか。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の話題化・転位の問いです。

目的格代名詞は話題化や左方転位は出来ないのでしょうか。つまり、次の様な文は非文法的でしょうか。 Him I saw (him) there. It she broke (it).

• 自然な英語になるように、添削をお願いします。

添削をお願いします。 母がいなくなったら、私の一番の見方をなくす事になる、、、元気でいてくれさえすればそれでいい。 If I lose my mother,it means I lose most important person on my side... I want to her to be happy and healthy all the time, that's all I want. 私達は喧嘩を、次の日まで持ち込む事はありません。 彼について腹がたっても、すぐに話しかけてしまう。 何日も口をきかない、何て事は私にはできないの。彼に対してだけではなく、皆にもそうである。(そういうタチである。) We don't carry argument over to next day. Even though I get frustrated with him, the next second I find myself talking to him. It's practically impossible spending to ignore him for days. That’s not to him, my attitude is the same to everyone.

• 英語がわからないので、教えてください。

To me, he was the first man to land on the moon; I knew that I had no advice to give him and that what I had already given was probably not much help. この訳を教えてください!

• 英語が堪能な方、英文(3つ)を教えてください。

(ハロウィンでの話です。) 娘にティンカーベルのコスチュームを着せたいけど、作り方が分からないの。 ネットショップも見たけど、赤ちゃんのサイズは取り扱ってなかった。 娘が大きくなったら着せたいな! 私の英文ですと↓こうなのですが…、合っているか自信が無いので、参考にしたいです。 I want her to wear the costume of Tinker bell but, I don't know how to make it. I searched it on the Internet shop but, they don't deal with the size for a baby. I'd like to put it on her when she grows up. 英語を勉強中です。宜しくお願い致します。

• いろいろな質問です

1 They did an experiment on animals.彼らは動物実験をしました 2 You can’t trust him. 彼は信用できない 3 I had no talent as a player.私は選手としての才能がなかった 4 Take this medicine. この薬を飲みなさい 1 この時のonは対象などからonになってると思いますがwithやforではおかしいですか? 2 trustがbelieveではおかしいですか? 3 よくno~という文で~がないとありますがdon’tになるとニュアンスが違うのですか?3の文でもdon’tでは間違いですかね? 4 take thisで~を飲みなさいという意味なんですか?例えばこの水を飲みなさいだと take this water.になりますか? 宜しくお願いします

• この英語を訳していただきたいです

I’m afraid I can’t do biographies or autobiographies. I’m currently reading Samuel Beckett’s novels. I’m a huge fan of his plays, obviously, but I’d never read his novels: Molloy, Malone Dies, and The Unnamable. Beckett is more accessible than people give him credit for; he’s very dry, very funny. You don’t need to have a degree in Greek mythology to understand him.

• 会話の応答文の答えを教えて下さい。

Mr. A : I don't think we'll make it on time. Ms. A : That's why I said we should leave earlier. Mr. A : I know, I know, but ( ) ( )内に入る適切なものを答えなさい。 1. don't you remember I was the one who insisted on leaving home earlier? 2. if we are late for the concert, it'll be your fault. 3. the problem is that we didn't expect anything like this. 4. why are the roads so crowded at this time of a weekday? 1,2がおかしいのはわかるのですが、3ではいけないでしょうか? 答えは4になっています。

• 英語を教えてください。

英語を教えてください。 昨日の朝、病院へ行ったけど問題はありませんでした。 薬だけもらいました。 明日あなたのPCとDVDを持っていきます。 今夜は天気予報では雨と雷らしいです。 Yesterday morning I went to the hospital but was not problem in my belly. I got a medicine for pain(antiflatulent) so please don't worry about it. I'll bring your PC and DVD yesterday. According to the forecast it's going to rain and thunderstorm tonight. 宜しくお願い致します。

• 添削お願いできますか?

薬局へ行ったときの店員とのやりとりです。 話は風邪を引いて、後藤散という薬を買いにきたのですが 最初に行った店にはなく、別の店に行ったら見つかったという話です。 この薬は、大分で生産されているものでローカルの薬であったため 分かる人が少ないというエピソードも含んでいます。 One day I went to the drugstore nearby to buy medicine because I caught cold. A:Ihad catch a cold. I am light. A shop:Yes. What is good? A:Please give me "Gotousan". A shop:Is it? I don’t know this. Is it a person? A:It’s Cold medicine. A shop:Do not seem to really put ・ ・ ・ in the house. A: Then is good. (Because it is a small drugstore, is it ?) I stopped at a return,I went to other drugstores on the bus. A shop:May I help you? A:I had catch a cold.Please give me"Gotousan". Do you know this medicine? A shop: I know! It is a cold medicine.but..it is local medicine,is it? A :Yes! ! I ‘m from Fukuoka . Somehow this medicine produce from Ooita. A shop:I see.I’m from Fukuoka,me too. When I caught cold, I take this medicine. A:I see. A shop:three times a day. please drink with water. Because there is a threat that an effect falls when I drink with tea. A:I know.Thank you. A shop: Take care of yourself. Have a good day.

• 英語 仮定法

自分の答えが合っているかと 間違っていた問題も合っていた問題も訳や説明をいただけると嬉しいです ・My father (give/smoking/up/wishes/could/he). →wishes he could give up smoking ・I (I/when/had been/Tom/called on/him/at home/wish). →wish Tom had been at home when I called on him. ・You (seen/a ghost/look/if/had/as/you). →look as if you had seen a ghost. ・"Why didn't you tell me she married him?" "()" 1 I have told you because I had known it. 2 I told you because I married her. 3 I would have told you if I had known it. 4 She married him because I had known it.→1 ・If () not for his help, I would not be able to finish the work. 1 I had 2 it were 3 there were 4 they had→2 ・Ken must have had an accident on his way home; (), he would have been here by now. 1 otherwise 2 if 3 but 4 for→1 わからなかった問題です ・並び替え 1 (you/would/she/do/if/what)won a goal medal in the Olympics. 2 (about/we/is/on/set/time/off/it) a camping holiday. ・間違った部分を選んで直す 1 (1 Were) the would (2 to come) to an end, we (3 will) carry (4 on) the plan. 2 Had I (1 knew) that she (2 didn't feel) very well yesterday, I wouldn't have (3 asked) her to(4 work late).