Gambling on a Smaller Wedding Dress - Lisa Shumpert's Journey

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Lisa Shumpert, the tallest and heaviest of all the brides in the 'Dateline Diet Challenge', is determined to lose weight before her wedding day.
  • With the support of her family and the help of a personal trainer and nutritionist, Lisa is following the 'Wedding Dress Diet' to lose 40 lbs.
  • As she embarks on her weight loss journey, Lisa faces the challenge of fitting into her dream wedding dress and dealing with wedding planning stress.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文和訳お願いします><

以下の文章を和訳お願いします>< とても困ってます。助けてください; Gambling on a smaller wedding dressーLisa Shumpert has six months to lose three sizes and 40 Ibs. 1. Meet Lisa: Lisa Shumpert is the tallest and the heaviest of all the "Dateline Diet Challenge" brides at 5 feet 9 inches and 308 Ibs. "I am not walking down the aisle looking like a balloon," She says. "Right now I'm the biggest person in my bridal party. I want the attention to be on me because it's my wedding and not because, 'Wow, she's huge.'" Shumpert has battled being overweight all her life. She's tried dieting before but has never been able to keep the weight off. And obesity runs in her family——her father was obese and died of a heart attack when she was 7 years old. 2. But at the age of 29, Shumpert has a lot going for her. She's a successful accounrant and says she gets lots of support from her mother and two sisters. Shopping for a dress wasn't easygoing. "The largest size of The dress I chose still didn't fit me. So it was like, 'Okay, Lisa this is it.' No one wants to not fit their wedding dress." As any bride knows, one of the first decisions is picking a dress which is usually orderd months in advance. So Shumpert is talking a big gamble by ordering a gown three sizes too small for her. To meet her goal, she chooses the appropriately-named "Wedding Dress Diet" by Robyn Flipse and Jacqueline Shannon. Shumpet wants to lose 40 Ibs. by her wedding day. She literally can't afford to fail. 3. Month 1: Shumpert realizes that at this point there is no "Plan B." "If I don't reach my goal, I can't fit in my dress, and my dress would have been bought, " she says. "I've never had a waist, and I would just like to see a waist at some point in my lifetime." To lose weight, Shumpert starts working out with a personal trainer at The Training Loft. She is getting help revamping her eating habits from Flipse, a nutritionist. The "Wedding Dress Diet" emphasizes counting calories. She's limited to 2,200 calories a day — 1,000 less than what she consumes now. And if getting started on a diet wasn't hard enough Shumpert also has plenty of wedding worries, including her guest list: just "My reception hall only holds 175 people. And when I did my guest list just for my family and friends, I had about 169. So that doesn't leave Josh with many people."

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

今より小さなサイズのウエディングドレスを着る為の危険な賭けー6ヶ月間で洋服のサイズを3号小さくし18キロ体重を減らすリサ・シュンパート 1.リサとの出会い リサ・シュンパートは身長約175cm、体重約140kg(※1)と、「デイトライン・ダイエット・チャンレジ」(※2)に参加するすべての花嫁の中でもっとも背が高くもっと太っています。 「私は風船みたいな(丸々と膨らんだ姿)感じで通路を歩いてはいないのよ。」と彼女は言います。 「でも今、私は結婚予定のグループの中で一番デカイ女なの。自分の結婚式で「ウワッ!彼女って超デブ!」だからじゃなくて皆に私に注目してもらいたいの。」シュンパートは今までの人生ずっと太りすぎと戦ってきました。彼女は以前ダイエットを試みましたが、一度として体重を減らすことは出来ませんでした。そして彼女の家系は肥満です。父親は肥満で、彼女が7歳の時、心臓発作で亡くなりました。 ※1:1フィート=30.48cm , 1インチ=2.54cmですから、5フィート9インチだと約175cmになります。1ポンド=0.453592ですから308ポンドだと約140kgになります。 ※2:アメリカNBCの番組で、この記事のもととなったのは5人の女性がより美しい花嫁姿になる為、ダイエットに挑戦するという回です。 2.しかし29歳の今、シュンパートは前途洋々です(※3)。彼女は優秀な会計士であり、母親と二人の姉妹から沢山の支援をしてもらっているとのことです。ドレスの購入は簡単なことではありませんでした。「一番大きなサイズでも私には合わなかったの。まるで(わかったでしょ、リサ。これまでよ。ウエディングドレスがピッタリ合わないなんて誰も望まないのよ)って感じだったの。」どんな花嫁でも知っているように、(結婚に際しての)最初の決断は通常、数ヶ月前に注文するドレスを選ぶことです。だからシュンパートは彼女にとってはあまりに小さい、3号下のドレスを注文することで、大きな賭けに出ているのです。目的を達成する為にロビン・フリップ(※4)とジャクリーン・シャノン考案、うってつけのタイトルである「ウエディンングドレスダイエット」を選びます。ションパートは結婚式までに18キロ痩せたいのです。文字通り失敗は許されないのです。 ※3:have a lot going for one→利点[いいところ]がたくさんある、たくさんの魅力がある。主語とforのあとが同じ人なので、「前途洋々」と訳しました。 ※4:食餌療法学の専門家 3.一月目 この時点では「プランB」(※5)がないことにシュンパートは気づいています。「もし目標が達成できなかったらドレスが合わないまま、買うことになるんだわ。」と彼女。 「いままで一度もくびれたウエストなんて経験したことないから、人生のどこかでウエストというものを見てみたいのよ。」体重を落とす為にシュンパートは「トレーニングロフト」(※6)でパーソナルトレーナーと運動を開始。栄養学者であるフリップから食生活見直しのアドバイスを受けています。「ウエディングドレスダイエット」はカロリー計算を重視しています。彼女は一日、2200カロリーに制限されます。これは現在彼女が食べている量より1000カロリー少ないものです。そして食事制限開始が難しいことでなかったとしたら、シュンパートは結婚式に呼ぶ招待者リストを含めた色々な結婚に関する心配も感じることになるのです。「私の披露宴会場は175人収容。私の招待者リストが家族と友人だけだとして、約169人になるわ。それってジョセフが沢山の人を呼べないってことよね。」 ※5:本来の計画や作戦(プランA)がうまくいかなかった場合のためのバックアップとしてあらかじめ用意された、2つ目のプラン ※6:ロサンゼルスにある個人レッスンが可能なジムのことです。

ciel180
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます(o^^o) お二人から素晴らしい回答を頂き、助かりました。 補足が有難かったので、今回はこちらの回答にBAを入れさせて頂きますv

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

サイズの小さいウェディングドレスに賭ける ― リサ・シャンパートには、3サイズ分、40ポンド減量するのに6カ月あります。 1. リサに会う:リサ・シャンパートは、身長5フィート9インチ、体重308ポンドで、すべての「デイトライン・ダイエット・チャレンジ」に参加している花嫁の中で最も背が高くて、最も体重の重い花嫁です。 「私は、風船のような姿で教会の通路を歩いたりしないわ」と、彼女は言います。 「今は、私は披露宴で最も大きい人です。私は、私の結婚式なので私が注目されることを望みますが、「わぁ、彼女、巨大だね」と言う理由で注目されたいとは思いません。シャンパートは、これまでずっと太りすぎと闘ってきました。彼女は、以前にもダイエットを試みましたが、体重を減らすことはできませんでした。それに、肥満は、彼女の家系なのです ― 彼女の父親は、肥満でした、そして、彼女が7才の時、心臓発作で死にました。 2. しかし、29才で、シャンパートは引く手あまたです。彼女は成功した会計士で、母と2人の姉妹からたくさんの支持を得ていると言います。ドレスを買うのは、気楽ではありませんでした。「私が選んだドレスで最も大きいサイズは、それでも、私に合いませんでした。それで、状況は、『わかったわ、リサ、駄目だわね。』と言った感じでした。自分のウェディングドレスが合わないことを望む人は誰もいません。」花嫁なら誰でもわかることですが、最初に決めなくてはいけないことの一つは、ウェディングドレスを選ぶことで、たいてい、数ヶ月前もって注文されます。それで、シャンパートは、自分には3サイズ小さめの衣装を注文すると言う賭けに出ました。彼女の目標を達成するために、彼女は、ロビン・フリプスとジャクリーン・シャノンによって上手く名付けられた「ウェディングドレス・ダイエット」を選びます。 シャンパートは、彼女の結婚式の当日までに40ポンド減量したいのです。彼女には、文字通り失敗する余裕はないのです。 3. 1か月目:シャンパートは、現時点で「プランB(代替案)」がないことを覚悟しています。「目標に届かなければ、私はドレスを着られません、それでも、私のドレスは買うことになるでしょう」と、彼女は言います。「私は、そんなウエストになったことがありません、だから、一生のうちのどこかの時点で、私は、とにかくそんなウエストを見てみたいのです。」痩せるために、シャンパートは、トレーニング・ロフトでパーソナル・トレーナーについて運動を開始します。彼女は、栄養士のフリプスから彼女の食習慣を改善するための援助を得ます。「ウェディングドレス・ダイエット」は、カロリーを計算することを強調します。彼女は、1日につき2,200カロリーに制限されます ― 彼女が現在消費しているカロリーよりも1,000カロリー少ないのです。そして、ダイエットを始めることがそれほど困難でないとしても、シャンパートには、多くの結婚式の心配もあります、それには、彼女の招待客のリストが含まれます:「私の披露宴会場には、175人しか入れないの。それなのに、私の親族と友人の招待客リストだけでも、約169人になってしまったわ。それでは、ジョシュは、たくさんの人を招待できなくなるわ。」

ciel180
質問者

お礼

いつも素晴らしい回答をありがとうございます>v<* 参考にさせて頂きますvv

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします2

以下の文章を和訳お願いします>< 同時に質問しているものの続きの文章になります。 少々長いのですが宜しくお願いします>< 4. Month 2: Since starting her diet, Shumpert has gained endurance and self-discipline. She needs plenty of it as she faces temptation from her family and her fiancé. "Food is a huge part of our relationship. And so if I'm not eating as much as him, I don't know if it fmakes him feel bad, but he's just like, ’Come on, eat it. Don't make me eat by myself.'" Despite the temptations, Shumpert is sticking to her diet and talking an extra step: Although she's limiting herself to a meager 1,500 calories. And she's keeping a close record in her food journal. But is all her hard work paying off? At her second weigh-in, Shumpert, who started out at 308 Ibs., is down a whopping 14 Ibs. 5. Things are running down to the wire for Shumpert. Adding to her mounting stress is the fixer-upper house she and her fiancé bought, which needs extensive remodeling. She decides to give herself a break and relieve some tension. On her last birthday as single woman, she throws her worries aside and hits her favorite Mexican restaurant. "I don't feel bad about it. I don't feel guilty. I'm enjoying my birthday," she said that night. Of course, she pays dearly the next morning: As she's doing her leg presses, she hates those tacos. Her gown has finally arrived and it's the moment of truth: Lisa gets the dress on, but still can't zip it up. Her dressmaker holds off on alterations for three weeks-which is not alot of time to lose another four inches from her waist. 6.Her Wedding Day: by her wedding day, Shumpert has lost a total of 30 Ibs. It's short of her 40-Ibs. goal, but for her, it's an amazing achievement. The woman who couldn't fit in the largest size of her wedding dress can comfortably zip her gown. She went from a size 24 two a size 18. Did she keep the weight off? A year after her wedding, Lisa Shumpert has maintained her weight.

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

A woman I work with used to join me and a few others for drinks after work occasionally, and her company is fine enough. However, over the past six months due to a minor promotion, she has become insufferable. She is constantly ratting people out to our principal (I work at a school,) looking for ways to get those she doesn’t like in trouble, and even going as far as to make up things that aren’t true. None of this has been directed at me personally, so I have stayed out of it, while remaining sympathetic to my co-workers who are victims of her power trip. The root of this issue is the way the principal handles HR, but I’m not interested in speaking with her about that. My problem is that this woman is always asking me what I’m doing after work and trying to invite herself along with me and another friend I work with. We both feel uncomfortable socializing with her since we’re disgusted at her behavior, however, I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss. I don’t feel I can be direct with her since she has the ear of my boss.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

Dear Annie: My adult daughter recently visited from out of state, and she has developed some odd and off-putting habits. I really don't mean to judge her, but I'd also like to help her. At the same time, if I said anything, she might run a hundred miles in the opposite direction. She has stopped showering every day. I'm not sure whether it's a "save the water" thing or what, but frankly, she smells like the zoo. No deodorant, either. Her clothes are dirty, as well. She has also dropped table manners. She frequently eats with her hands -- says it's what they do in other countries. Her open mouth chews away as she talks, with bits of food spraying all over. She burps freely, and it's not a health/indigestion issue. Her body language says "relax," no matter what position she's in -- slumped at the table, reclined on the couch, etc. I think she's trying to be as earthy as possible. Her husband is very similar, so at least they're not offending each other. -- Judgmental-ish Mom Dear Judgmental-ish Mom: It sounds as if your flower child has taken on a whole new look and smell, and she wants you and everyone around her to notice it. It is lovely that she has found a more relaxed state of living, but not at the expense of her own hygiene. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with her -- perhaps in the form of a rash or sickness, and that would take away from her and her husband's "relaxed" state. The dirty clothing and lack of bathing will eventually catch up with herの和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

翻訳機などは使わずに訳していただきたいです。 1.The parents were against the introduction of ID tags containing students' names, grades, and even photos. 2. A lazy student stood in front of his stern teacher and said, "I'm sorry. I could not get the homework done by the deadline." 3. James started at Mr. Yokota, not knowing what to say or to do. 4. A : You have to take chances in life. B : Talking of chances, I'd better go now. There's a chance I will miss my train. 5. Then, in 1912, the self - starter came into use. Suddenly, cars were as easy to start as electric fans. 6. For a plant to flourish, it must have a good supply of light, water, and minerals. 7. She couldn't help but laugh at the performance by the comedians. 8. My sister insisted on my solving the problem by himself. 9. A : What do you say to taking a taxi ? B : Sounds better than taking a bus. 10. Whether they agree or not, I carry out the plan. 11. It will be a while before I get used to the new computer. 12. Why did she give up trying, when she might have succeeded ? 13. Without American influence, Japanese culture would not be what it is today. 14. They spoke only English and French, neither of which she understood. 15. A : Which of these sweaters do you think I should buy ? B : Buy whicheveryou like. 16. We had to do without petrol during the fuel crisis. 17. They say that Japanese people are punctual by and large , judging from the fact that they can start their meetings in time. 18. She borrowed my bike and never gave it back. And what is more , she broke the lawnmower and then pretended she hadn't. 19. It never occurred to her that graduate school would be so difficult. 20. At first I thought he was shy, but then I discovered he was just not interested in other people. 21. She always stays calm. I've never seen her lose her temper. お手数をかけますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の和訳

和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 2つの段落になります。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 Before we close, lets just look again at the planet Venus, and the house she occupies. She is the planet of love and her position in the chart is like an inner light, a candle lighting the shadows of another dark room and revealing more of the intricacies of your future love. Let me apologize if you feel you have had to wait a long time. I am receiving so many requests for readings now, and each chart and reading is prepared for you individually, there is no way it can be rushed. I hope it has inspired and enlightened, and look forward to preparing further readings for you.

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

My name is Tom and I am cat. I have a major problem. It is my owner,Eva. She does not understand how people should take care of their pets. She has very strange ideas about the retionship bet ween people and pets. Eva treats me like a human child. she worries about me and tells me what to do all the time. she does not want me to go every night while she watches television. Boring. The programs she watches are totally tastless. There is more. Eva brushes and combs me twice a day.

• よろしくお願いします

My sister has recently got engaged to a man I’ve never met. I’m happy for her as she sounds happy. She has now asked me to be her matron of honor and with my understanding of the responsibilities, I feel I cannot properly fill the duties. When I was getting married, she showed up hung over to my shower, canceled my bachelorette party the day of as “she had to work,” only to find out she went to be with her boyfriend, and purposely told me a later time for a bridesmaid dress appointment so she had her dress picked out by the time I got there. fill the dutiesは「役目を果たす」でしょうか?あと、showed up hung over to my showerはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

以下はある映画の結末についてのネイティヴ?のコメントですが、私の英語力では把握しきれません。分かりやすく訳していただけませんでしょうか。 When Amy dives in to rescue Dan, her real world experience gets mixed up with her memories and phobias about the past, where her Dad drowned and she was unable to pull him out of the water. We see her struggle with Dan, but they are appearing to sink lower and lower into the sea. Amy refuses to let Dan go as she let her father go, so she simply doesn't give up. It's all tied into her deep trauma. She drowns with Dan. Then we see the sailor circling the boat, the baby crying, and no one else in sight. All the adults have died. Then finally, the movie cuts to Amy, who can hear her baby off in the distance. She looks down to the deck, and it is her father that is laying in his front, "rescued" finally once and for all by his daughter. "Rescued" in heaven, that is. Amy has died and wherever or whatever she now is, she's finally reunited with her father and has managed to do what she has spent her entire life wishing she could have done - she has pulled him from the sea. But sadly yes, she's dead. She didn't pull Dan out of the sea, he and she both drowned in the real world. It's supposed to be a sort of spiritual, transcendent ending like Silent Hill or Solaris. I don't know why people don't get this ending. The body is too old to be Dan, with greyish hair and the same marks on his back as Amy's father in the earlier scene where we see him drown.

• 和訳お願いします。

Finally my mother comes downstairs and my father, being at the moment engaged in conversation with my grandfather, is made uneasy by her entrance, for he does not know whether to greet my mother or to continue the conversation. He gets up from his chair clumsily and says "Hello" gruffly. My grandfather watches this, examining their congruence, such as it is, with a critical eye, and meanwhile rubbing his bearded cheek roughly, as he always does when he reasons. He is worried; he is afraid that my father will not make a good husband for his oldest daughter. At this point something happens to the film, just as my father says something funny to my mother: I am awakened to myself and my unhappiness just as my interest has become most intense. The audience begins to clap impatiently. Then the trouble is attended to, but the film has been returned to a portion just shown, and once more I see my grandfather rubbing his bearded cheek, pondering my father's character. It is difficult to get back into the picture once more and forget myself, but as my mother giggles at my father's words, the darkness drowns me. My father and mother depart from the house, my father shaking hands with my grandfather once more, out of some unknown uneasiness. I stir uneasily also, slouched in the hard chair'of the theatre. Where is the older uncle, my mother's older brother? He is studying in his bedroom upstairs, studying for his final examinations at the College of the City of New York, having been dead of double pneumonia for the last twenty-one years. mother and father walk down the same quiet streets once more. My mot is holding my father's arm and telling him of the novel she has been read and my father utters judgments of the characters as the plot is made clea~ him. This is a habit which he very much enjoys, for he feels the utm superiority and confidence when he is approving or condemning the beh ior of other people. At times he feels moved to utter a brief "Ugh," whene the story becomes what he would call sugary. This tribute is the assertion his manliness. My mother feels satisfied by the interest she has awaken and she is showing my father how intelligent she is and how interesting.

• よろしくお願いします

Lisa, my girlfriend of 15 years, recently discovered that I have been having an affair with another woman for the past year. Lisa has stated that she doesn’t want to leave me at this point, but needs a cooling off period of two months to assess her needs and expectations of me in the future. When she is ready, she will reach out to me and we will go to counseling, but I am not to contact her before the eight weeks are up. I am not to contact herはI will not contact herというのとはどう違うのでしょうか?あと、before the eight weeks are upはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします