• 締切済み

長文ですが和訳していただけると嬉しいです。

The mother-of-two, who has been married to The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek since 1989, revealed that while the medication helped at first, she became increasingly numb to the world around her, describing how it affected everything from her ability to form opinions to her sex drive. Likening it to 'emotional Botox', she wrote: 'I found I had no need to actually say anything. This, for a writer, is akin to a cook who has no appetite... I no longer bothered to fight with my girlfriends, or husband. 'I could just shrug and walk away from situations that previously had me in endless knots analyzing and discussing.' On making love to her husband, she continued: 'It felt as though I was being touched through a barrier, or, in this instance, a thick and cumbersome rug. 'After a while, it seemed like being intimate was just too much work for too little pay.' Ms Porizkova says she knew she had a problem when she began to feel guilty about her habit, sometimes even finding her herself lying about her dependence. 'I had just started taking it, and this reaction was exactly what I had feared. I was judged crazy. Unstable.' She tells how it took three weeks to wean herself off the medication - and life without is something she is still learning to adjust to. 'The weaning was predictably unpleasant,' she wrote. 'Three weeks of being tired and shaky from wrangling with awful dreams. 'At one point, I found myself on a girls' night out and discovered all eight of us were on antidepressants' 'And then anxiety came creeping back: the clamminess, the suddenly speeding heart, the heat flashes, the disorientation. 'But this time, I also became aware of something I may have previously neglected... with my career at crossroads, my children no longer needing me every minute and my face and body beginning to cave under the demands of gravity, I had something to be a little down about.' In lieu of medication she turned to exercise, upping her routine to include daily workouts. 'I could finally understand the drug addicts who had cleaned up but wrestled with the urge to use every day,' she explained. Ms Porizkova says that years of misery, soul-searching and learning have since helped her to come to terms with her problems. She wrote: 'I am on some sort of an accelerated life comprehension program I didn't sign up for, but nevertheless must process.' But, she realised, she is not alone. As she came clean about her problems with Lexapro, she found more and more women were suffering from similar plights. 'As I got braver and dared to speak more openly about what I perceived as a terrible weakness, my girlfriends, one by one, stepped up and admitted that they were also on antidepressants,' she revealed. 'At one point, I found myself at a girls' night out dinner and discovered all eight of us were on assorted antidepressants...The reasons were diverse, but what we had in common were our age ranges and being married with children. 'Was this the female equivalent of a male midlife crisis - Botox and antidepressants instead of the fast car and young chick? ... I'm starting to wonder whether antidepressants can often be the emotional equivalent of plastic surgery.' She concedes that there is a place for antidepressants and she is not an anti-medicine crusader. But medication should not be treated as a shortcut. 'There must be a large percentage of people for whom an antidepressant makes the difference between life and death, or at the very least, the difference between a life worth living and a life to be endured. 'But I also think that those who try to take the shortcuts - the pill to lose weight, the pill to be happy, the pill to be smart, to sleep, to be awake, are just running up their tab. And there may not be a pill when you're presented with the bill. Which you will.'

noname#260418
noname#260418
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

1) The mother-of-two, who has been married to The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek since 1989, revealed that while the medication helped at first, she became increasingly numb to the world around her, describing how it affected everything from her ability to form opinions to her sex drive. 2) Likening it to 'emotional Botox', she wrote: 'I found I had no need to actually say anything. This, for a writer, is akin to a cook who has no appetite... I no longer bothered to fight with my girlfriends, or husband. 'I could just shrug and walk away from situations that previously had me in endless knots analyzing and discussing.' 3) On making love to her husband, she continued: 'It felt as though I was being touched through a barrier, or, in this instance, a thick and cumbersome rug. 'After a while, it seemed like being intimate was just too much work for too little pay.' 4) Ms Porizkova says she knew she had a problem when she began to feel guilty about her habit, sometimes even finding her herself lying about her dependence. 'I had just started taking it, and this reaction was exactly what I had feared. I was judged crazy. Unstable.' 5) She tells how it took three weeks to wean herself off the medication - and life without is something she is still learning to adjust to. 'The weaning was predictably unpleasant,' she wrote. 'Three weeks of being tired and shaky from wrangling with awful dreams. 'At one point, I found myself on a girls' night out and discovered all eight of us were on antidepressants' 6) 'And then anxiety came creeping back: the clamminess, the suddenly speeding heart, the heat flashes, the disorientation. 7) 'But this time, I also became aware of something I may have previously neglected... with my career at crossroads, my children no longer needing me every minute and my face and body beginning to cave under the demands of gravity, I had something to be a little down about.' 8) In lieu of medication she turned to exercise, upping her routine to include daily workouts. 'I could finally understand the drug addicts who had cleaned up but wrestled with the urge to use every day,' she explained. 9) Ms Porizkova says that years of misery, soul-searching and learning have since helped her to come to terms with her problems. She wrote: 'I am on some sort of an accelerated life comprehension program I didn't sign up for, but nevertheless must process.' 10) But, she realised, she is not alone. As she came clean about her problems with Lexapro, she found more and more women were suffering from similar plights. 'As I got braver and dared to speak more openly about what I perceived as a terrible weakness, my girlfriends, one by one, stepped up and admitted that they were also on antidepressants,' she revealed. 11) 'At one point, I found myself at a girls' night out dinner and discovered all eight of us were on assorted antidepressants...The reasons were diverse, but what we had in common were our age ranges and being married with children. 12) 'Was this the female equivalent of a male midlife crisis - Botox and antidepressants instead of the fast car and young chick? ... I'm starting to wonder whether antidepressants can often be the emotional equivalent of plastic surgery.' 13) She concedes that there is a place for antidepressants and she is not an anti-medicine crusader. But medication should not be treated as a shortcut. 'There must be a large percentage of people for whom an antidepressant makes the difference between life and death, or at the very least, the difference between a life worth living and a life to be endured. 14) 'But I also think that those who try to take the shortcuts - the pill to lose weight, the pill to be happy, the pill to be smart, to sleep, to be awake, are just running up their tab. And there may not be a pill when you're presented with the bill. Which you will.' という具合に、14分割して質問されれば、 このサイトの粒揃いの優秀な翻訳家陣が、 競うように解答してくださること請け合いです。 以上でよろしいでしょうか?

noname#260418
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 さっそくそうしてみます。 わざわざありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 長文ですが和訳いただけると嬉しいです。

1) The mother-of-two, who has been married to The Cars frontman Ric Ocasek since 1989, revealed that while the medication helped at first, she became increasingly numb to the world around her, describing how it affected everything from her ability to form opinions to her sex drive. 2) Likening it to 'emotional Botox', she wrote: 'I found I had no need to actually say anything. This, for a writer, is akin to a cook who has no appetite... I no longer bothered to fight with my girlfriends, or husband. 'I could just shrug and walk away from situations that previously had me in endless knots analyzing and discussing.' 3) On making love to her husband, she continued: 'It felt as though I was being touched through a barrier, or, in this instance, a thick and cumbersome rug. 'After a while, it seemed like being intimate was just too much work for too little pay.' 4) Ms Porizkova says she knew she had a problem when she began to feel guilty about her habit, sometimes even finding her herself lying about her dependence. 'I had just started taking it, and this reaction was exactly what I had feared. I was judged crazy. Unstable.' 5) She tells how it took three weeks to wean herself off the medication - and life without is something she is still learning to adjust to. 'The weaning was predictably unpleasant,' she wrote. 'Three weeks of being tired and shaky from wrangling with awful dreams. 'At one point, I found myself on a girls' night out and discovered all eight of us were on antidepressants' 6) 'And then anxiety came creeping back: the clamminess, the suddenly speeding heart, the heat flashes, the disorientation. 7) 'But this time, I also became aware of something I may have previously neglected... with my career at crossroads, my children no longer needing me every minute and my face and body beginning to cave under the demands of gravity, I had something to be a little down about.' 8) In lieu of medication she turned to exercise, upping her routine to include daily workouts. 'I could finally understand the drug addicts who had cleaned up but wrestled with the urge to use every day,' she explained. 9) Ms Porizkova says that years of misery, soul-searching and learning have since helped her to come to terms with her problems. She wrote: 'I am on some sort of an accelerated life comprehension program I didn't sign up for, but nevertheless must process.' 10) But, she realised, she is not alone. As she came clean about her problems with Lexapro, she found more and more women were suffering from similar plights. 'As I got braver and dared to speak more openly about what I perceived as a terrible weakness, my girlfriends, one by one, stepped up and admitted that they were also on antidepressants,' she revealed. 11) 'At one point, I found myself at a girls' night out dinner and discovered all eight of us were on assorted antidepressants...The reasons were diverse, but what we had in common were our age ranges and being married with children. 12) 'Was this the female equivalent of a male midlife crisis - Botox and antidepressants instead of the fast car and young chick? ... I'm starting to wonder whether antidepressants can often be the emotional equivalent of plastic surgery.' 13) She concedes that there is a place for antidepressants and she is not an anti-medicine crusader. But medication should not be treated as a shortcut. 'There must be a large percentage of people for whom an antidepressant makes the difference between life and death, or at the very least, the difference between a life worth living and a life to be endured. 14) 'But I also think that those who try to take the shortcuts - the pill to lose weight, the pill to be happy, the pill to be smart, to sleep, to be awake, are just running up their tab. And there may not be a pill when you're presented with the bill. Which you will.' 不安障害になり、薬物依存になったことなどを 述べているのだと少しは分かりましたが よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳してください。

英語に詳しい方、翻訳機を使わずに和訳してください。 細かい部分がよく理解できません。 I trying to convince her that she didn't need to ask me for everything, that I wasn't always right about everything, that she should speak up and stand up for herself and argue with me when I had the wrong idea... but she just didn't want to learn. Deep down inside, I discovered, she was the sort of woman who wanted a strong man to dominate her, whom she could lean on and rely on for anything she needed. She wanted to feel safe and taken care of. I don't think that's a bad thing on its own... but over those years I started to become a man I don't want to be: arrogant, controlling, overconfident. Like I couldn't help but enjoy all that power she was always giving me. But I don't want to be that man. And I don't want to live that relationship. I *have* to be able to grow, to learn, to always be taking life as a new lesson, but how can I do that if I'm never wrong about anything? It was too tempting, and it made me a darker person. So, though I loved her very much and it tore my heart to do it, I had to end our relationship. I was not the man she was looking for, even though she wanted me to be. And she was not the woman I have been looking for, even though I desperately loved her beauty and inner light

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I was doing some last-minute Christmas shopping in a toy store and decided to look at Barbie dolls for my nieces. A nicely dressed little girl was excitedly looking through the Barbie dolls as well, with a roll of money clamped tightly in her little hand. When she came upon a Barbie she liked, she would turn and ask her father if she had enough money to buy it. He usually said "yes," but she would keep looking and keep going through their ritual of "do I have enough?"  As she was looking, a little boy wandered in across the aisle and started sorting through the Pokemon toys. He was dressed neatly, but in clothes that were obviously rather worn, and wearing a jacket that was probably a couple of sizes too small. He too had money in his hand, but it looked to be no more than five dollars or so at the most. He was with his father as well, and kept picking up the Pokemon video toys. Each time he picked one up and looked at his father, his father shook his head,"no".

• 和訳お願いします。

翻訳機はなしでおねがいします。 Margie made a face. "School? What's there to write about school? I hate school." Margie always hated school, but now she hated it more than ever. The mechanical teacher had been giving her test after test in geography. She had been doing worse and worse. In the end, her mother had shaken her head sadly and sent for the County Inspector. He was a little man with a red face. He had a whole box of tools with dials and wires. He smiled at her and gave her an apple. Then he took the teacher apart. Margie had hoped he wouldn't know how to put it together again. But he knew how, all right. After an hour or so, there it was again - large and black. It had a big screen, on which all the lessons were shown and the questions were asked. That wasn't so bad. The part she hated most was the slot where she had to put the homework and test papers. She always had to write them out in a punch code they made her learn when she was six years old. The mechanical teacher calculated the mark in no time. The inspector had smiled after he had finished, and patted her head. He said to her mother, "It's not the little girl's fault, Mrs. Jones. I think the geography part was geared a little too quickly. I've slowed it up to an average 10year level. In feet, the overall pattern of her progress is quite satisfactory." Again he patted Margie's head. Margie was disappointed. She had been hoping they would take the teacher away. They had once taken Tommy's teacher away for about a month, because the history part had not worked.

• 和訳してもらいたいです。

Evelyn was born on a farm in Scotland. She began taking piano lessons at age eight. Later that same year, she began to notice that her hearing was gradually failing. “As I was losing my hearing, I tried hard not to be sad, but I was becoming a very angry person,” says Evelyn. “Then one of my teachers said, ‘Evelyn, put your hand on the copper ball of one of the timpani drums.’ I could feel the vibration. Then he tuned the two timpani drums to different pitches. I noticed the difference between the vibrations.” Evelyn gives a lot of credit to her secondary school teachers for encouraging her to take drum lessons at the age of 12. After just a few lessons, she seemed to have found the right thing for her. She soon began working with various percussion instruments, but it wasn’t long before she had lost most of her hearing. However, she simply refused to worry about it and continued to follow her dreams. What does Evelyn think about her success? She often points out, “I’m not a deaf musician. I’m a musician who happens to be deaf.” 問1、Who encouraged her to take drum lessons? 問2、Does Evelyn think of herself as a deaf musician? やってもらうと助かります。

• 和訳をお願いします。

When Lusitania was built, her construction and operating expenses were subsidised by the British government, with the proviso that she could be converted to an armed merchant cruiser (AMC) if need be. A secret compartment was designed in for the purpose of carrying arms and ammunition. When war was declared she was requisitioned by the British Admiralty as an armed merchant cruiser, and she was put on the official list of AMCs. Lusitania remained on the official AMC list and was listed as an auxiliary cruiser in the 1914 edition of Jane's All the World's Fighting Ships, along with Mauretania. The Declaration of Paris codified the rules for naval engagements involving civilian vessels. The so-called Cruiser Rules required that the crew and passengers of civilian ships be safeguarded in the event that the ship is to be confiscated or sunk. These rules also placed some onus on the ship itself, in that the merchant ship had to be flying its own flag, and not pretending to be of a different nationality. Also, it had to stop when confronted and allow itself to be boarded and searched, and it was not allowed to be armed or to take any hostile or evasive actions. When war was declared, British merchant ships were given orders to ram submarines that surfaced to issue the warnings required by the Cruiser Rules. At the outbreak of hostilities, fears for the safety of Lusitania and other great liners ran high. During the ship's first east-bound crossing after the war started, she was painted in a grey colour scheme in an attempt to mask her identity and make her more difficult to detect visually. Many of the large liners were laid up in 1914–1915, in part due to falling demand for passenger travel across the Atlantic, and in part to protect them from damage due to mines or other dangers. Among the most recognisable of these liners, some were eventually used as troop transports, while others became hospital ships. Lusitania remained in commercial service; although bookings aboard her were by no means strong during that autumn and winter, demand was strong enough to keep her in civilian service. Economising measures were taken. One of these was the shutting down of her No. 4 boiler room to conserve coal and crew costs; this reduced her maximum speed from over 25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph) to 21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph). With apparent dangers evaporating, the ship's disguised paint scheme was also dropped and she was returned to civilian colours. Her name was picked out in gilt, her funnels were repainted in their traditional Cunard livery, and her superstructure was painted white again. One alteration was the addition of a bronze/gold coloured band around the base of the superstructure just above the black paint.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 和訳してください!!

自分で訳してみても全然わからないので和訳してください!! Eventually,she has to stop and follow the ropes with her hands. She tries to get them straight by touch alone. This time,her hands are not enough, so Rachael gets her helper, Matt,to assist her. During the race, Matt has traveled along with Rachael on a snowmobile. After he helps her to move the dogs into position, she is able to continue the race. Later, Racheal reflects on the difficulties she had. ''I think the hardest part was just keeping it together,"she says. "I was just thinking, 'okay, either quit right now and stay in the cold,or finish this leg and them do this again tomorrow.' "Rachael decided to continue the race, but unfortunately, she was last across the finish line for the day's leg. Day five of the race was difficult for Rachael, but at least she made it!

• 長文ですが、英文和訳教えてください!!

ナスカの地上絵を、祖国から離れてでも守ろうとする女性の話です。 宜しくお願いします! Maria Reiche was born on May 15,1903,in Dresden,German. She graduated from the Dresden Technical University,whereshe studied mathematics,geography,and foreign languages. In 1932,Maria was a 29-year-old unmarried woman who was not happy with the political mood in Germany,especially with the rise of the Nazi party and a frightening leader named Adolf Hitler. She looked for any possible way to leave her country. One day,Maria found an ad in the newspaper asking for a woman to work as a nanny and a teacher for two children of a German consul living in Cusco,Peru. Soon after she applied for the job,she was hired. So off she sailed,full of hope for a better future. Maria loved the Andean mountains and enjoyed her years working with the two children in the ancient Inca capital of Cusco. At this time she had not even heard about the Lines of Nazca. In 1939,Maria was teaching in Lima,the capital of Peru, and doing scientific translations. By then ,Germany was already at war in Europe, so she didn't want to go back to her country. Then Maria heard from an American scientist in Lima about the mysterious Lines and Figures of Nazca,which he had recently seen from an airplane . She was interested enough to take a flight herself in a small plane over the Nazca desert(pampa) . When she saw the figures from the airplane of the spider, the hummingbird and the monkey ,she was so fascinated by them that she moved to Nazca to study the Lines herself.Maria Ruiche made many flights by plane and helicopter ,taking photographs of the many lines and figures on the pampa. She was especially drawn to the image of the monkey, but when she enlarged the photos she had taken, she was amazed to see that one hand had only four fingers...just like her. When she first came to Peru , one finger was amputated after it developed gangrene from a cactus infection. She then learned that Peruvian ancestors believed that this was a mark from the God of Thunder, which gave special power to communicate with the gods. For the next 40years, Maria lived alone on the pampa in a tiny one-room house , just to study and guard the mysterious Lines of Nazca/ One of the biggest threats to preserving the Lines was the Pan American Highway that cut across the pampa, slicing the picture of the long , crocodile-looking lizard in half. After Maria published a few articles about the Lines , more and more people started coming to Nazca so they could go out on the pampa to see the figures and lines for themselves. Maria persuaded the government of Peru to make the pampa a restricted area,so no one could walk on the desert except her assistant and herself. She was given many honors by the Peruvian government before she died, including Honorary Citizen of Peru and the title of Great Lady of Nazca. Everyone in the town of Nazca had grown to love and respect this woman who had come from far away to reveal to them the secrets of their ancestors , secrets that had been hidden out in plain sight for two thousand years.

• 英語質問

以下の文章を和訳して頂きたいです。 かなり困って居ます><宜しくお願いします。 (1)I had a sister who had diabetes.She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective ganes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and would be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of suger in her blood. Each day she would measure her suger level and them inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado Callege. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to-be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced-a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea, along with the rest of my family, remainded in California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of two children. I settled on the opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with inslin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cardiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adament. She had tired going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye-except I did not know it.