英文の和訳をお願いします

このQ&Aのポイント
  • IDタグ導入に反対する保護者
  • 宿題を忘れた生徒の言い訳
  • ジェームズ、返事も行動もわからず
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の和訳をお願いします

翻訳機などは使わずに訳していただきたいです。 1.The parents were against the introduction of ID tags containing students' names, grades, and even photos. 2. A lazy student stood in front of his stern teacher and said, "I'm sorry. I could not get the homework done by the deadline." 3. James started at Mr. Yokota, not knowing what to say or to do. 4. A : You have to take chances in life. B : Talking of chances, I'd better go now. There's a chance I will miss my train. 5. Then, in 1912, the self - starter came into use. Suddenly, cars were as easy to start as electric fans. 6. For a plant to flourish, it must have a good supply of light, water, and minerals. 7. She couldn't help but laugh at the performance by the comedians. 8. My sister insisted on my solving the problem by himself. 9. A : What do you say to taking a taxi ? B : Sounds better than taking a bus. 10. Whether they agree or not, I carry out the plan. 11. It will be a while before I get used to the new computer. 12. Why did she give up trying, when she might have succeeded ? 13. Without American influence, Japanese culture would not be what it is today. 14. They spoke only English and French, neither of which she understood. 15. A : Which of these sweaters do you think I should buy ? B : Buy whicheveryou like. 16. We had to do without petrol during the fuel crisis. 17. They say that Japanese people are punctual by and large , judging from the fact that they can start their meetings in time. 18. She borrowed my bike and never gave it back. And what is more , she broke the lawnmower and then pretended she hadn't. 19. It never occurred to her that graduate school would be so difficult. 20. At first I thought he was shy, but then I discovered he was just not interested in other people. 21. She always stays calm. I've never seen her lose her temper. お手数をかけますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

1.The parents were against the introduction of ID tags containing students' names, grades, and even photos. 保護者たちは、生徒の名前や学位、写真といった情報が含まれるIDタグの導入に反対していた。 2. A lazy student stood in front of his stern teacher and said, "I'm sorry. I could not get the homework done by the deadline." だらしのない生徒は鬼教師の前に立つと、「ごめんなさい。宿題が期日に間に合いませんでした。」と言った。 3. James started at Mr. Yokota, not knowing what to say or to do. ジェームズはヨコタさんにつ 4. A : You have to take chances in life. 人生でチャンスを掴まなきゃいけません。 B : Talking of chances, I'd better go now. There's a chance I will miss my train. チャンスといえば、私は今すぐ行った方がいいかと思う。電車を逃すかもしれない。(電車を逃すチャンスが訪れている。) 5. Then, in 1912, the self - starter came into use. Suddenly, cars were as easy to start as electric fans. そして1912年、セルフスターターが普及し始める。すると突然、扇風機と同じぐらい簡単に自動車のエンジンを始動させられるようになった。 6. For a plant to flourish, it must have a good supply of light, water, and minerals. プラントを成長させるにあたっては、十分な光と、水、それにミネラルが必要不可欠です。 7. She couldn't help but laugh at the performance by the comedians. 彼女はコメディアンによるパフォーマンスに笑いをこらえることができなかった。 8. My sister insisted on my solving the problem by himself. 私の姉(妹)は、自分の問題を自分で解決することを強調した。 9. A : What do you say to taking a taxi ? B : Sounds better than taking a bus. タクシーを捕まえる時なんて言うの? バスを捕まえるよりはいいな。 10. Whether they agree or not, I carry out the plan. 彼らが同意しようがしまいが、俺はプランを実行に移す。 11. It will be a while before I get used to the new computer. 新しいコンピューターに慣れるまで、少し時間がかかるかもしれない。 12. Why did she give up trying, when she might have succeeded ? なんで彼女は成功したかもしれないところで挑戦することをあきらめたの? 13. Without American influence, Japanese culture would not be what it is today. アメリカの影響力を抜きにして、今日の日本の文化は成し得なかった。 14. They spoke only English and French, neither of which she understood. 彼らは英語とフランス語だけを話すがどちらも彼女には理解ができない。 15. A : Which of these sweaters do you think I should buy ? どっちのセーターを買ったほうがいいかな? B : Buy whicheveryou like. 好きな方を買えば? 16. We had to do without petrol during the fuel crisis. 燃料枯渇危機の際、燃料なしでやり過ごさなければならなかった。 17. They say that Japanese people are punctual by and large , judging from the fact that they can start their meetings in time. 彼らは、日本人が全般に几帳面であると言う。その根拠は、彼らがミーティングを定刻通りに始めることができるという事実に基づく。 18. She borrowed my bike and never gave it back. And what is more , she broke the lawnmower and then pretended she hadn't. 彼女は私の自転車を借りると二度と返さなかった。それだけじゃなく、彼女は芝刈り機を破壊した上に私やってない!と嘘をついた。 19. It never occurred to her that graduate school would be so difficult. まさか彼女にとって学校を卒業するのがこうも難しいものだとは、思いもしなかった。 20. At first I thought he was shy, but then I discovered he was just not interested in other people. 当初、彼はシャイなんだと思ってましたが、実は彼は単にほかの人に興味がなかっただけだということに気づきました。 21. She always stays calm. I've never seen her lose her temper. 彼女はいつでも静かです。彼女が怒るのを見たことがない。 どうでしょう?(^O^ )

kuramina80000
質問者

お礼

素早いご回答ありがとうございました! 大変助かります^^

関連するQ&A

• 英文和訳をお願いします

And so the customer, of course, is the housewife. What do they pay us for ? I do not know how many people in the world make soap, but there are a great many. And I can’t tell you the difference between one kind of soap or the other. And why does the buyer have a preference, and a strong one, by the way? What does it do for her? Why is she willing to buy from us when on the same shelves in the US or in Japan or in Germany there are soaps from five other soap manufacturers? She usually does not even look at them. She reaches out for that soap. Why? What does she see? What does she want? Try to work on this.

• 英文和訳いろいろ

●I do it two ways: I own gold and silver coins in my hand, in my house, in my box; I also own gold and silver futures that’s another way to do it. I do it two waysというのが正確に訳せません。 ●He exceeded his budget by quite a lot. 「彼は予算をかなり超えてしまった。」 ここはなぜbyなのでしょうか? ●The guard caught her trying to steal a shirt. 「その警備員は彼女がシャツを盗もうとしているところを捕まえた。」 文法を説明してください。 ●Both children contributed to baking the cake. 「子供たちは2人ともケーキを作るのを手伝った。」 contributed to bake the cake ではダメですか?

• 英文和訳で it が指してるものがわかりません。

最後の文のitがわかりません。 (文章の途中からです) The brain interprets the image on he retina in the light of all sorts of other information it receives. Perception,in fact,is by no means a simple recording of the details of the world seen outside. It is a selection of those features with which we are familiar. What it amounts to is that we do not so much believe what we see as see what we believe. 結局私たちは見ているものを信じているというよりむしろ信じてるものを見てるのだ。 what it amounts toの部分の構造が よくわかりません。このitは?? 教えてください。

• 英文の和訳についてです。。。

My name is Tom and I am cat. I have a major problem. It is my owner,Eva. She does not understand how people should take care of their pets. She has very strange ideas about the retionship bet ween people and pets. Eva treats me like a human child. she worries about me and tells me what to do all the time. she does not want me to go every night while she watches television. Boring. The programs she watches are totally tastless. There is more. Eva brushes and combs me twice a day.

• 和訳お願いします。

They have passed a fortune-teller's booth and my mother wishes to go in, but my father does not. They begin to argue about it. My mother becomes stubborn, my father once more impatient. What my father would like to do now is walk off and leave my mother there, but he knows that that would never do. My mother refuses to budge. She is near tears, but she feels an uncontrollable desire to hear what the palm reader will say. My father consents angrily and they both go into the booth which is, in a way, like the photographer's, since it is draped in black cloth and its light is colored and shadowed. The place is too warm, and my father keeps saying that this is all nonsense, pointing to the crystal ball on the table. The fortune-teller, a short, fat woman garbed in robes supposedly exotic, comes into the room and greets them, speaking with an accent. But suddenly my father feels that the whole thing is intolerable; he tugs at my mother's arm but my mother refuses to budge. And then, in terrible anger, my father lets go of my mother's arm and strides out, leaving my mother stunned. She makes a movement as if to go after him, but the fortune-teller holds her and begs her not to do so, and I in my seat in the darkness am shocked and horrified.

• 英文和訳お願いします><

以下の文章を和訳お願いします>< とても困ってます。助けてください; Gambling on a smaller wedding dressーLisa Shumpert has six months to lose three sizes and 40 Ibs. 1. Meet Lisa: Lisa Shumpert is the tallest and the heaviest of all the "Dateline Diet Challenge" brides at 5 feet 9 inches and 308 Ibs. "I am not walking down the aisle looking like a balloon," She says. "Right now I'm the biggest person in my bridal party. I want the attention to be on me because it's my wedding and not because, 'Wow, she's huge.'" Shumpert has battled being overweight all her life. She's tried dieting before but has never been able to keep the weight off. And obesity runs in her family——her father was obese and died of a heart attack when she was 7 years old. 2. But at the age of 29, Shumpert has a lot going for her. She's a successful accounrant and says she gets lots of support from her mother and two sisters. Shopping for a dress wasn't easygoing. "The largest size of The dress I chose still didn't fit me. So it was like, 'Okay, Lisa this is it.' No one wants to not fit their wedding dress." As any bride knows, one of the first decisions is picking a dress which is usually orderd months in advance. So Shumpert is talking a big gamble by ordering a gown three sizes too small for her. To meet her goal, she chooses the appropriately-named "Wedding Dress Diet" by Robyn Flipse and Jacqueline Shannon. Shumpet wants to lose 40 Ibs. by her wedding day. She literally can't afford to fail. 3. Month 1: Shumpert realizes that at this point there is no "Plan B." "If I don't reach my goal, I can't fit in my dress, and my dress would have been bought, " she says. "I've never had a waist, and I would just like to see a waist at some point in my lifetime." To lose weight, Shumpert starts working out with a personal trainer at The Training Loft. She is getting help revamping her eating habits from Flipse, a nutritionist. The "Wedding Dress Diet" emphasizes counting calories. She's limited to 2,200 calories a day — 1,000 less than what she consumes now. And if getting started on a diet wasn't hard enough Shumpert also has plenty of wedding worries, including her guest list: just "My reception hall only holds 175 people. And when I did my guest list just for my family and friends, I had about 169. So that doesn't leave Josh with many people."

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

Incidentally, the best way to find out is to ask customers, not by questionnaires but by, again, sitting down with them and finding out. The most successful retailer Iknow in the world is not one of the big retail chains. It is somebody in Ireland, a small country about the size of Slovenia. This particular company is next door to Great Britain with its very powerful supermarkets and all of them are also in Ireland; and yet this little company has maybe 60% of the sandwich market. What do they do? Well, the answer is that the boss spends two days each week in one of his stores serving customers, from the meat counter to the check-out counter, to being the one who puts stuff into bags and carries it out to the shoppers’ And he knows what the customers pay for. Let me say this may all sound very simple to you. It is not. It is infinitely more important than any other management tool.

• 和訳お願いします。

Rachel has a lot of young fans. Does she think of herself as a role model, or someone they can respect? Rachael says:`I don't really consider myself to be a role model. If someone wants to think of me as one, that's great. But I don't really see why they would. Iexpected to come here, do my best, have my dogs do their best, and hopefully finish in the top 15 or 20. But that obviously didn't happen. The worst thing you can do is to give up. It doesn't matter what your 'disability' is. You can overcome it." Rachael manages to complete the race. As she passes the finish line, everybody cheers. She finishes the weeklong race as the 23rd racer out of 27 racers. Many people are very proud of her and what she has done. She has achieved a lot . After the race,Rachael stands proudly at the finish line with the other racers. Although she did not win the race itself, she successfully completed seven days of hard racing. She made it across 300 difficult miles guided by her alternate senses and her love of racing. In many people's opinions, this is what makes Rachael a real winner !

• 英文和訳です

英文和訳です No one should spend too much time on memories. Some people start doing that when they are twenty and never get over living in the past. And it is my feeling that too many memories are sad. They are of friends or events that are gone. The other day someoe asked me what year my father died and I could't remember. The date never seemed like one to memorize, and I don't think of him any less often for having put it out of my mind. 全体的に分かりにくいのですが、特に最後の一文がよくわかりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• この英文の和訳お願いします。

翻訳サイトではわかりづらかったので質問しました。 almoner? がこちらのプリントのミスなのか辞書でもでてきませんでした。 誤字はないと思います。 For most of his life he had worked as a commercial artist. "I did a bit of tickling" delicate lettering and design for advertising blocks. In his late sixties he experienced long spells of illness. When he was able to work he went as bottlewasher to a dairy. He was obliged to gibe up work finally because of ill-health and growing infirmity at the age of seventy-two. Since the death of his wife his social activities had contracted. He did not get up for long and rarely went out, except at week-ends for his pension and his shopping. Even his visits to an infirm brother living some miles away had fallen off. "I used to go over and see him every Tuesday night last year up to that fog we had in November. Then I just lay on my bed coughing my and coughing. Coughing all day and night, thinking my time had come. But it wasn't to be." He regretted not having children, especially a daughter, who "might have stood by me when I got old", and he had no nephews or nieces living in London. The neighbours saw little of him. Next door was "Mrs Lipstick and Powder, that's what I calls her, always going out." On the other side was "Mrs Fly-by-night. She rushes past me on the stairs now, like some of the others, without asking how I am. Not that I mind. But they used to do it and since I came out of hospital and go around just like a decrepit old man decrepit, yes - I suppose they don't like to ask how I am in case they feel they should do something. But there - life's like that, isn't it?" He had lost touch with all his friends and did not approve of old people's clubs. "They're all clicks of decrepit old people." His opinion of national assistance officials, doctors, almoners, and nurses was favourable, except that sometimes they "kept you in the dark" or "treated you like a little child". He had refused offers of a home help, mainly, it appeared, from a sense of privacy, shame of his home, misunderstanding about payment, and suspicion of the sort of woman who would come. His memories of contacts with doctors and hospitals were extremely vivid and he recalled at length some of his experiences. He talked about an almoner who was "a lovely looking party", about his new dentures, "I don't wear the top, it's more comfortable', and with pride about his one perfect faculty, his eyesight. On occasions when he could scarcely walk it never occurred to him to ask his doctor to visit him; he preferred to make painful journeys to the surgery.