英語の長文における「入れ子」状態の解消

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の長文において、複数の動作や状態が入れ子になる表現方法について解説します。
  • 入れ子状態の文を解消するための技術や方式には、さまざまな選択肢があります。
  • 多くの回答例から、入れ子状態の文を分かりやすく表現する方法を紹介します。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の長文における、「入れ子」状態の解消

日本語は、最後まで聞かないと分からないと言われています。 「猫がネズミをクワエて逃げているのを、犬が追いかけているのを、弟がビデオに撮っているのを、 私は、昨日、夢に見た。」 ここで質問です。 (1)この「入れ子」状態の文を英訳する技術・方式・公式がありますか? (2)できるだけ、沢山の回答例を集めたいので、私なら、このような表現にする、と言う回答をお願いします。 ちなみに、自分で作った文章は、こちらです、間違い、や見当ハズレを指摘いただけると幸いです。 (1) Yesterday I dreamed that my brother took the Video about the picture which my dog ran after the cat who held the rat in his mouth . (2) Yesterday I dreamed my brother taking the Video about following view, my dog run after the cat whose mouth is filled with a rat .

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.2

同時通訳の感覚ですすめる(英語の語順を生かすメリット有)と以下のような訳が可能です。 A cat is running away with a mouse in its mouth; a dog is running after the cat, and my brother is taking a video of this all; it was a dream I had last night. (1) Yesterday I dreamed that my brother took the Video about the picture which my dog ran after the cat who held the rat in his mouth . took the Video about the pictureはまずいです。 ... took a video of my dog running after the cat that has a rat in its mouth. と直して下さい。 なお、catは人でないので、擬人化しない限り、whoにしません。 (2) Yesterday I dreamed my brother taking the Video about following view, my dog run after the cat whose mouth is filled with a rat . → Yesterday I dreamed of my brother taking a video of the following view: my dog is running after the cat in whose mouth is a live rat. dreamed of とします。 aboutはだめです。 my dog runもダメ、せめてmy dog runsです。 liveは語調が悪いので勝手に入れてみましたが、こんな感じです。filledというのは口の中に一杯のような感じで、複数のもの(可算名詞の場合)や大量の液体や食べ物(不可算名詞)等でないと無理かと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

hayatoakira
質問者

お礼

英文解釈には、英語の順番通りに日本語に訳す方式と、完全な日本語の順に訳す方式があります、が、最近の私の好み(傾向)は、「英語を考える時は、日本語の表現は、ぎこちなくても構わ無い」というものです。取り敢えず、ご回答のお礼まで。英語に関する疑問が沢山あります、今後、しばらく、お付き合いください。 取り敢えず、お礼まで。

その他の回答 (2)

• go_urn
  • ベストアンサー率57% (938/1643)
回答No.3

1)日本語と違って、英語はこうした文に強い言語です。次々に情報を付加していくことができます。繋いでいく方法としては、  ・関係詞  ・分詞  ・動名詞  ・不定詞  ・前置詞句  ・同格  などがあります。 2)お尋ねの文でしたら  Last night I had a dream of my brother taking a video of a cat running away with a mouse in its mouth, followed after by a dog.  とすればよいと思います。

hayatoakira
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとう御座います 英語に関する疑問や所信を述べたいと思います、がまだ文章(考え)が纏まりませんので、もう少し時間をいただいて、対話をお願いしたいと思います、取り敢えずご回答のお礼まで。 SAYGO (星五)

• purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.1

Now what I dreamed yesterday; a cat runs away with a mouse in mouth, and a dog runs after the cat; and my brother takes the whole scene in video.

hayatoakira
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとう御座います。 英語がネイティブの方でしょうか? 私は、コロン、 セミコロン の使い方に慣れておりませんので、再質問しますが、すべて、カンマ では間違いになりますか?

関連するQ&A

• 英語のメール

ペンパルからのメールです。 自分のペット(犬とねずみ)の話なのですが、詳しく教えてください。 英語圏の人ではないので、よくスペルミスをする人なのですが、たぶん間違いだろうと思うところは直しました。 I have a dog and a rat. I know You may not like rats, but this one is different - he's very clean animal- just like cat. I did not planned to have a rat, but after my dog was operated ("Ruda" - ルダ - redhead, because she's redhead like a fox) she changed a lot. My dog became very pessimistic, started to think about life and death. All i want to say is that i felt like i lost my dog- she was staring at the window day after day. So to help her with her depression i gave her little rat to raise. That moment changed everything. Now they are good friends, rat fall asleep laying on her back:). They are both great and they make my parents laugh what is important.  Well i planned to put a cat between them, but my dog did not agree it:).

• ”夢にまで見るほど、私はそれを欲しがっていた。”を英語で

「夢にまで見るほど、私はそれを欲しがっている」。。を英語にしたいのですが、 よくわかりません。 ちゃんと習ったことのある文法は中学生レベルなので、会話は大丈夫だと思うのですが文法はまったく自信がありません。 この文にふさわしい文法はありますか? 一応自分で訳すと、I want it as I even see in my dream.や I dreamed about it since I wanted it so much..などとしか訳せません。 役と一緒に文法の説明など入れてもらえれば嬉しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• After that or after it; That or it sounds interesting

皆さん、こんにちわ。 次のような文では after that、after itのどちらが適切だと思われますか、またその理由は? I saw Tom on my way to school. After that (or it) I ran to school. 同じように次の場合は that又はitのどちらが適切だと思われますか、またその理由は? I am going to talk about my grand-grand father in the class. That (or it) sounds interesting. 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の長文和訳。

英語が得意な人が居ましたら、 和訳をお願いします。 I'm glad that I can talk to you about my life here in Texas. I can't believe that about Three months have already passed since I came. Every day has been so exciting for me. I have always been interested in America. I began to study English when I was ten years old. Since then I have wanted to be able to speak English well. Soon after exciting high school in Japan. I hoped to go to America. So I studied very hard. At last my dream came true and I arrived in Texas. I have made so many friends through living and studying here in America. Last week one of my friends, Kate, invited me to dinner. Her parents went to Japan last lear. She showed me some pictures they took to remember their trip. At dinner, Kate's mother asked me about Japanese cooking. She said, "I hear that tofu is very healthy, but I don't know many ways to cook it. Maki, could you tell me a few different ways to cook it?" putting tofu in miso soup was the only way I could think of. later, Kate's father asked me about haiku. He said,"I hear that haiku was born in Japan. Would you tell me about Japanese haiku?" I couldn't tell him about haiku because I don't remember anything I learned about it. After dinner, we talked about our towns. Kate asked me the population of mine, but I couldn't answer that question,either. I was surprised to be asked questions like those. Before coming here, I read a lot of books about America, not Japan. My friends here want to know about Japan as much as I want to know about America. I never thought of that before. I now understand that it is important to learn about one's own country and to be able to talk about it. 以上です。 誤字や脱字があったらすみません。 和訳、宜しくお願いします。

• my his our 所有格のニュアンス

I ran over the cat with our car. この場合,"our"のニュアンスとしては、”私たちが買って持っている車”ではなく、”私たちが乗っていた車” I ran over the cat with his car. この場合,"his"のニュアンスとしては、”彼はその時、乗っていたかどうかは判らないが、彼の持っている車” I ran ove the cat with my car. この場合,"my"のニュアンスとしては、”私が持っている車加ではなく、私が一人で乗っていた車” このようなとき、所有格は、その時の”一時的な状況”を表しのが適当なのか? ”恒久的な状況”を表すのが適当なのか? NATIV的な感覚はどうなのでしょうか? 宜しくねがいます。

• 英語が合っているか見てください。

Narrative の文書です 間違っていたら、訂正お願いいたします。 On Fridays, I get up at 9:00 am. My mother leaves for work at 8:00 and my brother goes to school early in the morning so I get up by myself. I only have third class on Friday so I don’t have to get up early but I get up two hours before I have to leave. As soon as get up, I go downstairs and get dressed, prepare breakfast myself and eat in front of the TV, checking my email on my smart phone. After breakfast I wash my face, brush my teeth, make up my face and tie up my hair. The third-period class is an English class and we always have a test at the beginning so when I am ready to go to college, I study for the test for an hour and I leave the house at 10:45 am . I walk to the station 15 minutes and get on the train 11:05am.When I arrive at Nagoya station at 12:03 pm, I change train and get on Higashiyama line subway to go to college. It takes 20 minutes to arrive at Hoshigaoka station from Nagoya station. I have to walk about 15 minutes to college after get off the subway. When I arrive at class, I eat chocolate for between meals. After between meals, I study for the test for about 45 minutes and sometimes I talking with my college friend who takes the same English class until 1:30 pm. I always meet my friend at college’s one floor near the elevator after finish the class at3:00 pm to go to part time job with my college friend by subway. We work at Nagoya station’s underground McDonald near silver clock . We get off the subway, buy eat between meals at Ministop near our office and talking with her over eating it at office. Change clothes and go our shop. I work as register or making drink or preparing food. After finish job, we change clothes and eat dinner at MacDonald’s because we work at there , we can buy 30 percent discount the day. I talk about school or friends or who we interested in over eating dinner with my friend about 30 minutes. After finish eating dinner We walk to Nagoya station for 15 minutes and say good-bye then. I take train and sleep on the train, my mother picks me up when I arrive at my local station about 11:15 pm. I wash my hands and take a bath as soon as I arrive at my house. After take a bath I brash my teeth and blow my hair. I up stairs to go to bed and say good night to my mother. Before fall asleep I always check my cell phone whether I get email from my friend or not. After that I prepare clothes for tomorrow’s part time job and set alarm for 8:30am. I see twitter and tweet or just check my friend’s tweet. I fall asleep after check my shift and what time I have to get up.

• 英語を教えてください。

英語を教えてください。 昨日の朝、病院へ行ったけど問題はありませんでした。 薬だけもらいました。 明日あなたのPCとDVDを持っていきます。 今夜は天気予報では雨と雷らしいです。 Yesterday morning I went to the hospital but was not problem in my belly. I got a medicine for pain(antiflatulent) so please don't worry about it. I'll bring your PC and DVD yesterday. According to the forecast it's going to rain and thunderstorm tonight. 宜しくお願い致します。

• 文型 この文章は何文型ですか?

以下の文の正解は1文型でした。 wasだし兄弟=寝てる から2ではと思っています。いかがでしょうか。 ◆My brother was sleeping in bed when I came home. There = waterでは?? ◆There was a little water in the pond. ◆My friend Taro came to see me yesterday. 疑問文の場合どう考えればいいですか? What did you name the poor dog?

• 英語文法

Daniel bought a new truck yesterday he paid way too much for it. これは、yesterday heのところに違和感を感じますが、どう直していいかわかりません。 Would you mind not talking so loudly. loudlyはloudである必要はどれくらいでしょうか。辞書にはどちらも書いてあって自分では判断がつきにくいです。 I hope this teaches you a lesson. teachesをgivesにするとどうまずいのでしょうか。 My feet are rather sore after that long walk. これは、ratherをveryにしたらまずいのでしょうか。

• 英語

(1)We are looking ( )a gift for our sister. a.about b.by c. for d.. on (2)Please look ( )my cat for three days. a.after b.in c. of d.with (3)I'II look ( )this word in the dictionary. a.by b. in c.on d.up (4)Don't forget to write ( )me a.at b.in c.to d.over (5)The soccre player grew ( )in the town. a.about b.off c.to d.up それぞれ答えをお願いします