• ベストアンサー

英語のレシピで分からない文があるので教えて頂きたい

こんにちは。 今、英語で書かれているレシピで料理をししているのですが、 良く分からない文があるので意味を教えていただきたいです。 You should have about 2 cups of sauce thick enough to coat a spoon lightly. a spoon lightly の部分が良く分からなくて困っています。 どうかよろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • miwamey
  • ベストアンサー率23% (89/371)
回答No.2

ソースにスプーンを入れて、出してみて、ソースが軽くスプーンに残るくらいの濃さにソースをするということです。 濃すぎるとスプーンにべとっとついてしまいますし、薄すぎればスプーンに残らずたれてしまいますよね。 なので、濃すぎず、薄すぎずという感じでしょうか。 こんな説明で伝わっていると良いですが。

mana0919
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 分かりやすい説明で助かりました。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• ShowMeHow
  • ベストアンサー率28% (1424/5027)
回答No.1

スプーンに薄くつくくらいの濃さのソースがカップ二杯くらいできるはずです。 ってことかな。

mana0919
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 どのような状態のことを言っているのかさっぱり分からず困っていたのでとても助かりました。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語が苦手

1) You should put on a warmer jacket or a short coat. 2) Unfortunately, I don't have a jacket or coat for winter. 2)の英文のcoatの前に、aが付かないのは、なぜですか? 教えてください、よろしくおねがいします。

• ネイティブの英語表現を3つ教えてください。

ネイティブの英語表現を3つ教えてください。 #1 「3時のおやつにまるまる1個のパンを食べた。」の「3時のおやつに」はどういう表現をしますか?  I eat a good piece of a bread.に「3時のおやつに」を付け加えたいです。 #2 「あなたは”電話番号”のことを何と言いますか?」と英語で聞きたいです。   How about call "telephone number" you say always. と言ったらまったく通じませんでした。 #3 喫茶店で出るカプセルに入ったミルクケースのことは何と英語で言いますか?  I put on a cup of caffe into a spoon of sugger. And two cubes of milk cups. で通じますか?

• 英語の対話文

次の対話文の空所に入れる文として適当なものはどれですか? (in a bookstore) A: I’m looking for an English dictionary.There are a lot of dictionaries here. I can’t choose. B: ( ) A: Yes,I do. I have one for beginners. B: Then, how about this one? (1) Are you a beginner of English? (2)What kind of dictionary do you want? (3)Do you learn another language? (4)Do you already have any English dictionaries?

• 英語の対話文の問題なのですが、

次の()内に入るのは次のうちどれなのでしょうか? A:Can I help you? B:Yes,can I have a family ticket please? A:( ) B:There are four of us. (1)Are there any more? (2)How many in your family? (3)Is there enough for your fmily? (4)How many families do you have?

• 英語の質問文作成のアドバイスお願いします

英語の質問文を考えています。 色々考えてみたのですがどうもしっくりきません。 シンプルで正確に伝わる表現を教えていただけないでしょうか。 ■インドではどういうお茶を飲んでいましたか? How do you have tea in India? Please tell me about your style drinking tea in India. In what way do you season tea in India?  ※例えば以下のような回答を期待しています。  □straight □tea with milk □spiced tea ■(上記に関し)日本に来てからはどうですか? How do you have tea since you came to Japan? ■1日何杯紅茶を飲みますか? How many cups of tea do you have a day in India? ■(上記に関し)日本に来てからはどうですか? Has that changed since you came to Japan? ■お茶を飲む時食べる物は? What do you eat at tea? What do you like to eat with tea? What kind of teacakes do you like? What are your favorite cakes or snacks served with black tea? What kind of food do you think go with black tea? What do you eat while having black tea?  ※甘いものに限定しないような表現が希望です。 ■日本で飲んだ紅茶の印象を教えてください。 What is your opinion about the quality of black tea in Japan? What do you think about the flavor of tea in Japan? How do you like Japanese black tea?

• enough とenough of で

Why don't you buy a car? You have enough money. は、わかるのですが、 (1)cannot get enough of good food (2)I can't get enough of chocolate. 私はチョコレートならいくらでも食べられる。 "Yes, we've had enough of peacemaking!" (3)「そうとも、もう馴れ合いはごめんだ!」 (1)(2)(3)のような例文見つけました。 enoughを代名詞として使って ofで 不可算の名詞が使えそうなら Why don't you buy a car? You have enough of money. としても・・・・・これがよくない理由が見つかりません。見つけたいです。   宜しくお願いいたします。

• ネイティブの方の文を訳してもらえませんか

.(長文ですみません)  I am not a teacher. You are asking about a rare use of "enough", a negative sense. Normally, enough is a good thing. A meal that is poor enough is not quite pure garbage, but it will not make you happy, either. You found it in Dickens, in a story written in 1843 in England. I would say that this use of "enough" would be unusual in the US today. Your example---old enough to drive---is not the same. For one thing, the negative "enough" doesn't take modifiers. His blind date turned out to be homely enough (negative sense), but they wound up getting married, and their kids were ugly enough to make a freight train take a dirt road (positive sense)

• 私の日記に、英語でレシピを書きました。初めての...The Recipe in English....です。

Hi, Crystal! I just took a bath and now I am writing this one. How was your today? Me? I had a good day, because I did do my best! Did you say “Really?” Yes, I did! Do you know why my answer is “Yes, I did!”? Because, I am with someone all the time. She is being with me in my heart and say to me “Yes, you can! Do your best!” So I must(have to? sould?でしょうか?) be honest to her. Everyone should be honest (正直であるべきですと言いたいのですが?) to themselves. Don't you think so? BTW, do you remember that I promised you about something? Yes, that’s right, Crystal! Today I have to teach you how to cook gobo. I named it “Happy Gobo”. If you will make it, you feel happy when you have it. It’s sure! Because, I feel happy when I have a good dish. I hope “Happy Gobo” will be your favorite one. Let's get started with how to cook gobo, are you ready? Recipe of “Happy Gobo” (1) Cut dried konbu into random small pieces and soak for a while in enough water to cover konbu. (15~20minutes) (2) cut slender(thin) gobo(burdock root) into 3 to 4cm length pieces (2) Put gobo, (1) (konbu and water used to soften konbu), 50cc soy sauce, 50cc mirin, 100cc rice vinegar into pan and cook at medium heat. Did you understand how to cook “Happy Gobo"? Oh! I forgot one thing, you can keep it while 4~5 days in a refrigerator. The day after tomorrow, I am going to see my parents, so I will cook “Happy Gobo” for them. Well, I want to be with you more and more. But I have to go bed. So it's time for me to say to you “Ciao for now, My Little Sweet crystal!”

• 疑問文のsome

When should you be aware of some rules about gift giving ? という文があります。 (1)疑問文なのに,なぜsomeは,anyに変わらないのでしょうか?

• 不定詞enough to~について

例文で そこでは親切にもいろいろ役に立つことを教えてくれました =They were kind enough to give me a lot of useful infomation. というのがありました。 次に、問で並び替えるのですが The ice was (enough/hold/thick/to) a skater. とあります。 これって、The ice was thick enough to hold a skater. になるのですか? ずっとThe ice was enough to thick hold a skater. だと思ってました。違っていますか? もしかして、私の考えいたほうは「あまりにも~すぎる」というふうになってしまいますか??