• ベストアンサー

この英文の意味を教えてください

以下のメールの意味がわからなくて困っています。 日本語でいうとどういう意味でしょうか。 it would be great if he came by to check and see if there's anything I may have on hand for him to do but haven't gotten around to bringing it down to him

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

彼が寄って、私が彼に差し当たってしてもらえることがあるかどうか見てくれるのはいいが、まだそこまで(彼にしてもらえることを探すまで)手が回っていない。   (来るのは勝手だが仕事があるとは限らないよ、みたいな意味でしょうかね)

petiterose
質問者

お礼

英語の達人ですね!!!!すごくよくわかりました。 わかりやすい回答に心より感謝いたします。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 意味の分かりにくい英文です

"The world knows nothing of its greatest men." That may be true, but how can we tell? If we know nothing about them, we cannot tell whether they were great. But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. A man usually does his best work just before he is found out. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. He becomes a celebrity, and the lion-hunters give him no peace. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. 上記で、But there is a good chance that, by the time the world knows about them, they will have ceased to be great. If he has done anything very well, there is a conspiracy to prevent him from doing it again. It must be owned that sometimes he likes it. などが特によく理解出来ません。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文の意味を教えて下さい。

この英文の意味を教えて下さい。 It was as if he'd just never amount to anything.

• この英文の意味

以下の文の意味についてです。 No one can read your Python program and say, “That’s a nice little program you have there. It would be too bad if something happened to it.” " "内のyou have thereやif something happened to itの言いたいことがいまいち理解できません。そのまま直接日本語に訳しても違和感が出ます。 出典:https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/introducing-python/9781449361167/ch01.html

• この英文の意味するところを教えていただけませんか.

少し長くなりますが,前文がないと意味の取りようがないと思いますので,タイプします.次に挙げる文の前に,主人公は図書館に入って,余り興味を感じないギリシャ史の本を読もうとしていたが,そのうちうとうととしだしたと言う意味合いの記述が数行に渡ってあります. When I opened my eyes there was an old man sitting there opposite me. I hadn't heard him come in and I must have looked surprised at seeing him there, because he smiled and asked if it was all right for him to sit there. He was silent for a few minutes and then he began to talk. His long thin finger pointed to the book in front of me and he said that it was interesting. Of course I didn't argue with him, even though, I didn't really agree. But it soon became clear to me that he knew a lot about Greek history, for he started to tell me things that were in that book as if he'd written it himself. [ He made it sound as if those long-dead Greeks were part of today's world.] [ ] の前までの内容は分かるのですが,[ ]の部分がどういう状況を言っているのかよく分かりません.まったく自信はないのですが,礼儀として,私のあてすっぽの解釈を申し上げます.  「彼はそれら死んで久しくなるあのギリシャ人たちが,まるでこの世の一部分であるかのように…?」  it の内容とsound の訳し方が分かりません.辞書では一応当たってみましたが.また,long-dead Greeks の意味も自身はありません.全体的にはどういう状況を表現しているのでしょう.宜しくお願いします.

• 英文の意味を教えてくれませんか?

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。発送の件でメールが来たんですがちょっと意味がわかりません。すっみませんが意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。 I have just checked Fedex again and say if you were to order more stock and it came to AAA boxes it would cost you 100ドル to post those AAA cartons. I know it's a bit high but It's not too bad. What do you think? If you have your own courier feel free to book them to pick up the boxes.

• 英文の意味

下記の英文のIt requires a very lively passion...のitが何を指しているのかお教えください。 I did not see Strickland for several weeks. I was disgusted with him, and if I had had an opportunity should have been glad to tell him so, but I saw no object in seeking him out for the purpose. I am a little shy of any assumption of moral indignation ; there is always in it an element of self-satisfaction which makes it awkward to anyone who has a sense of humour. It requires a very lively passion to steel me to my own ridicule. There was a sardonic sincerity in Strickland which made me sensitive to anything that might suggest a pose. itが指し示しているのは前文の(1)moral indignation(2)an element of self-satisfaction(3)to steel me to my own ridiculeのいづれでしょうか。また、このtoは(1)名詞的用法(2)形容詞的用法(3)副詞的用法のいづれでしょうか。それとも各々(1)~(3)いづれにも当てはまらないでしょうか。 お手数かけますが、ご教授いただければ幸いです。なにとぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• この英文は通じますか?一部訳し方がわかりません

私があなたの家(アパート)にいたときに、あなたの彼が荷物を取りにきました。彼は私がいるとは思ってもいなかったから、びっくりさせちゃった。もちろん私も驚いたけど、久しぶりに会えたから、よかった。 この次は、普通に会いましょうって伝えてね。 When I was at your place,your boyfriend came over to get his things.He never thought I wae there.so I scared him. Of couse I was surprised,too. But it was good to see him because I haven't seen him for long time. Can you tell him let's meet(普通に、今回のような状況ではなく・・みたいなことを入れたいのですが。思いつきません。教えてください)

• どのような意味でしょうか

My son, who I've always felt very close to, has started to call me by my first name. I'm 67 and he's 40. I've always tried to be there for him. I have loved being his mom. He loves to tease me, so I didn't say anything about it for a while, because I knew he would run with it, but I figured he wasn't going to stop so I asked him to please stop calling me by my first name. he would run with itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文和訳お願いします。

英文和訳お願いします。 In general, my music is just quiet because it’s not the kind of music that is supposed to be loud, there is not really anything more to it than that. It would be pretty silly to blast strings and piano at 105db. こちらなのですが、英文和訳をお願いします。どうもthere is not really anything more to it than that.のあたりが不明で・・・。

• 英文の意味の違い

It was fun to talk with him It was fun to have talked with him の意味の違いは何でしょうか?教えてください