• ベストアンサー

英文の読解順序を教えてください。

以下の英文を理解したいのですが、自分で読解出来ません。 He begged that he should be allowed to see her. 参考書の日本語訳では、 彼は彼女に会う許可を与えてもらえるよう頼んだ どのような順序で読解すれば以上のように訳せるのかお教え頂きたく 投稿させて頂きました。 ちなみに私が訳すと、 彼は頼んだ(彼は彼女に会える許可を)を よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

質問者の解釈も間違ってはいません。  → 彼は頼んだ(彼は彼女に会える許可を)を  → 彼は彼女に会える許可をを 彼は頼んだ  → 彼は 彼女に会わせてくれ と頼んだ という変形をすればいいだけです。 > He begged that he should be allowed to see her. 私が訳すと、変な文になります。  → 彼は頼んだ 彼は彼女に会うことが許されるべきであると 私の訳よりは質問者の訳の方がいいかもしれません。

dame2011
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 あれからも例文を読み直して思ったのですが、私は以下の 部分がご回答者のように上手く訳せないところが問題だと思いました。 should be 過去分詞 should に受動態が続いた場合の表現で(~されるべき)が言われて観ると 正しいと思いました。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味がわかりません。

Here, the woman is sometimes the one expressing her feelings to the man.But, the tradition says that it should be the man who should court the woman.. この英文の意味がわかりません。 一人の人と付き合うのが当たり前なのかそうじゃないのかよく分かりません。 教えてください。

• この英文添削をお願いします。

以下の私の英文チェックをお願いできますか? (1)だからこそ父の言葉は彼女の胸に響いた。 That's why her father's words have touched her heart. (2)父は自らそれを止めたと思っているだろうが、もともと彼女にはそれをしようという気持ちはなかった。彼は彼女の気持ちがわからなかったのだろうか?父は娘のことをわかっているようで、でもまだ彼女がどういう人物なのかわかっていなかったのかもしれない。 Her father thought he stopped it but that not true. She was not going to do it. Didn't he know how she felt? He believed that he knew his daughter very well and he thought he knew what kind of person she is, but actually not. (3)それでも彼女の父に対する感謝の気持ちは残っている。 Even if, her feeling of gratitude to her father is still remaining. (4)しかし彼女の混乱した気持ちを整理するには時間が必要だった。 However, she did have to take a time to comoise (?) her thoughts. すみませんがよろしくお願いいたします。

• この短い英文について教えてください^^;

この短い英文について教えてください^^; 以下の英文と和訳が、英語の本に載ってました。 He was lucky to be injured that lightly. (彼が軽症で住んで、運が良かった。) この英文の中の、thatは、どうして必要なのでしょうか?^^; He was lucky to be injured lightly. では、おかしい理由を教えてください。 お手数ですが、お願いしますm(_ _)m

• この英文の(文法)構造がわかりません。

こんにちは。 Harry potter and the goblet of fire[UK アダルト版]p.252の真ん中ちょっと下あたりの文に関してです。 "It was Harry suggesting she might be too tired, and that perhaps he would ask Ron to borrow Pigwidgeon, that made her stick out her leg and allow him to tie that letter to it." 日本語訳では、 ”ハリーが、ヘドウィグは疲れているだろうから、ロンに頼んでピッグウィジョンを貸してもらおうかなと仄めかすと、ヘドウィグはやっと脚を突き出し、ハリーに手紙を括り付けることを許した。” とあるのですが、なぜ、上記の英文で、「~すると、…は~した。」と言う構文になるのでしょうか? ', that made her...'の'that'は'Harry suggesting'を指しているのでしょうか? 'Harry suggesting she might ...'の'suggesting'と'she'の間には'that'が省略されているのでしょうか? 基本的な分の構造としては、'Harry suggesting'が'made her stick out'させたというこうとでいいのでしょうか? それをIt is that の強調構文で強調しているという解釈でしょうか? 質問ばかりですいません。 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 以下の英文について教えてください。

From time to time he saw Omyobu, but though he still implored her to arrange a meeting, none of his many arguments availed him. He also pestered her with so many questions about the child that she exclaimed at last: "Why do you go on plaguing me like this? You will be seeing him for yourself soon, when he is shown at Court." But though she spoke impatiently she knew quite well what he was suffering and felt for him deeply. The matter was not one which he could discuss except with Fujitsubo herself, and it was impossible to see her. Would he indeed ever again see her alone or communicate with her save through notes and messengers? And half-weeping with despair he recited the verse: "What guilty intercourse must ours have been in some life long ago, that now so cruel a barrier should be set between us?" 源氏物語の『The Festival of Red Leaves』(紅葉賀)からの抜粋です。 藤壺が源氏との不義の子供を出産した後の、源氏と、藤壺のお付きの女房(=王命婦)とのやりとりの場面です。 上記の英文の中でわからない個所があります。 (一番最後の英文です) "What guilty intercourse must ours have been in some life long ago, that now so cruel a barrier should be set between us?" 意味は現代訳を参照して大体掴んでいるのですが、that now so cruel a barrier ~のthatは何かを指しているものなのでしょうか? それとも文法的に置かれているものなのでしょうか? 解説していただける方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文読解の回答例お願いします。

Mary is romantic. Candlelight dinners, flowers and thoughtful gifts represent love and affection to her. She loved Francis, and could think of no better way to show her affection than to send him flowers and buy him gifts. She spent hours shopping for him, and could not understand why he doubted her love. The problem was that Francis was so overwhelmed with his new business that he did not have the time or energy to focus on Mary's flowers and gifts. They weren't important to him.(1)What he really needed and wanted from Mary was for her to help him handle some of the demands of his business. he would ask her to run an errand or make a phone call, and she would''forget'',or say ''I thought it could wait''or ''I just didn't get to it.''As the days, weeks and months passed, Francis became more and more direct about his needs. The more he complained about Mary's lack of attention, the more flowers and gifts he received. (2)If Mary had just listened to what Francis equated with caring and concern, and had spent a fraction of the time helping relieve his work-related stress that she did shopping for flowers and gifts, Francis would have been overwhelmed by her thoughtfulness. Mary never did tune into the messages that Francis broadcast; and never appreciated that (3)her view of how to show sympathy and attentiveness, no matter how well intended, was not share by him. Eventually Francis became convinced that Mary didn't really care about him, and never would, and ended the relationship.                            (省略) (1)(What he really needed and wanted from Mary)の内容を日本語で簡潔に説明せよ。 (2)の文を和訳せよ。 (3)(her view of how to show sympathy and attentiveness)に関し、彼女はどうすればよいと考えたか 、日本語で簡潔に説明せよ。(回答が出ればお願いします)

• 英文に意味を与える語句について質問です。

英和辞典の例文に He expects [requires] her to work [(that) she will work] on Sunday. (彼は彼女に日曜日も当然働くように要求する) という英文がありました。"当然"を意味する語句が上記英文にはないように思うのですが、どうしてこのような和訳になるのでしょうか?

• この英文の意味を教えてはいただけないでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 下記に挙げます英文の意味が分からず、困り果てております。 Emma was unhappy because he was so angry with her, but she would not agree that she had been wrong. 「that she had been wrong.」は、「 agree 」の目的語になっているのでしょうか? それとも、何か別の使われ方をしているのでしょうか? どなたか、教えてはいただけないでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文読解

In writing these pages, which, for the want of a better name, I shall be fain to call the autobiography of so insignificant a person as myself, it will not be so much my intention to speak of the little details of my private life, as of what I, and perhaps others round me, have done in literature; of my failures and successes such as they have been, and their causes; and of the opening which a literary career offers to men and women for the earning of their bread. (中略) That I, or any man, should tell everything of himself, I hold to be impossible. Who could endure to own the doing of a mean thing? Who is there that has done none? But this I protest:— that nothing that I say shall be untrue. I will set down naught in malice; nor will I give to myself, or others, honour which I do not believe to have been fairly won. (中略)以下の英文について教えてください。 That I, or any man, should tell everything of himself, I hold to be impossible. ・・・・私やいかなる人が自分自身の全てを語ることは、不可能です? Thatは「~のことは」ですか? shouldは話者の強い意志を表したものですか? Who could endure to own the doing of a mean thing? Who is there that has done none? 修辞疑問文ですか? I will set down naught in malice ・・・・私は悪意で無を書きとめるつもりです? どういう意味ですか?in maliceのニュアンスが掴めません。 お手数をおかけしますがよろしくお願いいたします。 ----An Autobiography: Anthony Trollope

• 英文は、文章に動詞が1つと習いました。

英文は、文章に動詞が1つと習いました。 以下の文章で動詞が3箇所使われていると思います。 英検準2の過去問の文章です。 She loves writing so much that her teacher thinks she will grow up to be an author . 1つ目 She lovesのloves これはこの文章の中の主語に対する、動詞と判断しています。 2つめ her teacher thinksのthinks これはso~thatで接続されているので、切られている文章と判断し動詞は使ってよいと判断しています。 3つ目 she will grow up のglow これはどのように考えればよろしいのでしょうか? そのあとのto beは不定詞なので動詞としては考えなくてよいと思っています。 全体と通して教えて頂けると嬉しいです。 すみませんが、よろしくおねがいいたします。