母と息子の会話-ソリの合わない関係に悩む

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 解釈で悩んでいます。ソリの合わない母と息子の会話で、父親は病気で死にそうだけど、おだやかに人生を受け入れているのに、それに比べてママはどうだ!?と、息子が食ってかかりました。
  • ママは家庭を顧みなかった家族へのつらい気持ちを涙ながらに訴えます。
  • かつての自分に戻れないことに辛さを感じるママ。息子が病気の父親の受け入れ方に対して疑問を投げかけ、ママは自身の人生について考えさせられます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

解釈で悩んでいます

ソリの合わない母と息子の会話で、父親は病気で死にそうだけど、 おだやかに人生を受け入れているのに、 それに比べてママはどうだ!?と、息子が食ってかかりました。 ママは家庭を顧みなかった家族へのつらい気持ちを涙ながらに訴えます。 ママ)Of course he is accepting of everything. Isn't that what comes with dying? Some brain thing that kicks in and all of a sudden everything makes sense. Suddenly everyone's coming from love no matter how hateful they're been in their loves. You drown your child or you put a bullet through your own head, and it's nothing more than a cry for help, but you get stuck with the living and nothing, nobody makes any sense. 当然、彼はすべてを受け入れられるでしょうよ。それが死に直面するってことじゃないの? 脳から出る物質か何かのせいで、突然すべてに意味が感じられるようになって、実際は、過去がどうであれ、すべてが素晴らしく感じられるようになるんだわ。 これ以後の意味がわかりません。 ママは死にそうなわけじゃないから、どうにも辛い人生から 逃れられない、と言っているのでしょうか? どなたか教えて下さい。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.1

後半のyouは「あなた」ではなく漠然とした「人」ということだと思いますので、「自分の子供を溺死させたり自分の頭を銃で撃ち抜いたりするのは助けを求める叫びであるのだけれど、生きているときは生きることにがんじがらめになってしまっているから、どんなことに対してもどんな人に対しても理不尽に感じられるのだ」という意味ではないかと思いました。

erika999
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてすみません。 やっと意味が繋がって、モヤモヤがやっと晴れました! 教えてもらって助かりました♪ どうもありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします!

歌詞を訳しているのですが、一部わからないところがあるので質問させてもらいます。 Starve yourself from everything else that. という所、まったく分かりません。どう訳せばいいのでしょうか? ちなみに前後の文は You ate your soul and it made you fat. (Starve yourself from everything else that.) Makes you completely full.

• 英文解釈について質問があります 11/26

In a way, it may have been this inspiring because you approached the sessions without too much pressure, happy to recording „nothing“ if nothing presented itself. How do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? この質問が何を意図しているのかいまいちわかりません。おそらく本題はHow do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? ここだとはおもうのですが・・・。 ”どうやってこの「なにもしない」というアイデアと、レコーディングしたいという欲求とのバランスをとったのですか?「何もしない」というのは選択だったのでしょうか?” この文章は、何が言いたいのかというと、「何もしないということでセッション時のプレッシャーから解放された。何もしない事と、レコーディングの欲求とどうやってバランスをとっているのでしょうか?」こんなことを言いたいのでしょうか? I guess it would have, yes. At some point we stopped pressuring ourselves to get it out and ready. This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... And you're right, that contained a certain potential for "nothing". But we are lucky, and we have a new album out, with a label we really like a lot ! こちらはその質問に対する答えです。 その答えは、「イエス」と言えるだろうね。いくつかの点で、俺たちは自分自身にプレッシャーをかけるのをやめたんだ。(get it out and readyがピンとこない) This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... それと、君は正しいよ。 「なにもしない」ってことはある種の可能性を秘めているからね。 しかし、俺たちは運が良いね。新しいアルバムを本当に好きなレーベルから発表出来るなんてね。 この文章に対しても、やはり自分の解釈はギクシャクしてしまいます。 なーんとなく、何をやりとりしているのかはわからなくもないです。しかし、こまかく1つ1つ見ていくと矛盾が生じます。「あれ、っていうかホントに俺が今想像しているやりとりであっているのだろうか?」 単語の意味、文法の構造などで、すぐに”迷い”が生じます・・・。どうすれば確信を持った解釈が出来るのだろうか。「結局は何を言っているのかは本人にしかわからない。だが、この英文を読む限り絶対にこうに違いない」という確信を皆さんはどこで持っていますか?もう長い間そこで悩んでいる気がします・・・。

• 文章解釈 聖書の例え

添付ファイル文章: The Bible says that when you can do something nice and caring to a hateful enemy, it is like “heap[ing] burning coals on his head.” と it makes them and you better. に関する質問です。 heap[ing] burning coals on his head について2点分からないです。 1. なぜ、heap[ing]と2通りの解釈ができるような表記になっているのか分からないです。 2. 「燃える石炭を敵の頭の上に積み重ねているようなもの」この聖書の例えだけでは、敵に良い事をしているのか悪いことをしているのかよく分からないです。 どういった事を意味する例えなのでしょうか? it makes them and you better. これは、文字通り「敵とあなたの両方をより良くする」という事を意味しているのでしょうか? 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります 12/24

Let’s talk about your influences a bit. Anyone who is familiar with your work can pick out a lot of them – Yes, Gentle Giant, ELP – and in that sense you really are a product of your influences, and yet, there’s some greater connectivity there. What continues to impress me about your playing – is your ability to meld technical performance with melodicism and emotive quality. It reminded me of [the tagline from the movie] Metropolis: “There can be no understanding between the hands and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.” あなたが受けた影響について少し話をしましょう。 あなたの作品について詳しい人ならば、誰でもそこ(この人の作品)からたくさんの影響(themとは影響の事)を見出すことができます。yes,Gentle Giant, ELP,その(yes,Gentle Giant, ELP)センスの中であなたの影響が形作られているのです。それにもかかわらず、そこにはいくつかのより多くの関連性があります。 あなたのプレイで私を感動させ続けているものは・・・・・・あなたの能力は、質の高いメロディーと感情、それと技術が組み合わさっているところです。それ(質の高いメロディーと感情と、技術の組み合わせ)はメトロポリスを思い起こせました。以下は映画からの宣伝文句です。”もし、気持ちが仲介者としての役割を果たさなければ、腕(指先)と脳みその間には理解が無いかもしれない。” ※yes, Gentle Giant, ELPはバンド名で、Metropolisは曲名です。 Q1 代名詞のところはそれぞれ()で元となる文章を入れましたが、これであっているでしょうか? Q2 a lot of themのthemとは影響の事ですか? つまり、your influence = them。そうなると、influenceは複数扱い??? Q3 and in that sense you really are a product of your influences, and , yet, there's some greater connectivity there. この解釈が全体的にギクシャクしています。htt senseとはyes, Gentle Giant, ELPからの影響という事ですか?and yet, there's some greater connectivity there.がよくわかりません。and yetということは、「にもかかわらず」となりますが、つまり、AにもかかわらずB。BはAに対して否定っぽいニュアンスがありますよね。そこまで考えるとこの文章の意図がつかめなくなります。 Q4 the tagline movieとはどういう意味ですか? 「映画での決まり文句」みたいな事ですか?そしてその決まり文句とは””で括られた部分という事でしょうか? Q5 “There can be no understanding between the hands and the brain unless the heart acts as mediator.”がよくわかりません。 「気持ちがなければ、腕と頭が結びつかないだろう」という意味でしょうか?そうだとして、なぜこの文章がここにあるのか?気持ちがなければ腕と頭は結びつかない。だからメトロポリスを弾きこなせるのは凄い。という解釈ですか?

• 英文解釈です

この文章はアメリカのある修道女の中絶反対運動に関する発言ですが、中程にある And why would I think that you don’t? はどういう意味に取ったらいいでしょうか? don't の後の動詞が省略されていると考えば、どんな動詞くるのでしょうか? I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is.

• 英文の和訳

英文の和訳をしていただけるかた のみで、お願いできますでしょうか? 抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 On the day you meet he will impress you, and in the days and hours afterwards he will haunt you. That is the only word for it. He will make an impact on the depth of your being that barely registers, except that in the time that follows you will not be able to think of any man but him.. He will seem striking, alluring in some way that you cannot fathom, and which has nothing to do with his looks, as though a chord is struck in your deeper soul, or the innermost chambers of your being. You will recognize him, not only from the description, which is in a sense quite bland, but something inside of you will be mesmerized. All day and days afterwards he will have stamped his indelible impression on your mind and you’ll keep thinking back to him, to the meeting, to the man, to the warm kindling feeling inside of you. Like a curtain of a dream it will drop across you life. It will be that mystical, that beautiful, yet real and solid too.

• 翻訳お願いします

以下の英文を翻訳していただけるかたに、 お願いできますでしょうか? 誤植があるかもしれませんが、 意訳でもかまいませんし、そのまま訳していただいてもいいです。 なにとぞよろしくお願いします。 You each feel the other has a kind of perfection, fills a gap that nothing else can, as tough the cracks in your life are cemented and hell together, and the life made bearable, because of this escape. so you wear the relationship like a beautiful but insubstantial cloth that buffers you and protects you from life's harshness. The relationship is set a few degrees away from the harder emptier world, like a cloth of dreams that makes everything better. This permits you to worship from afar., from memories, from promises, from potentials. But in the end if nothing is made solid, you experience disillusionment and disappointment. Neptune is like water in which you can see beautiful images, reflections of love, it can ease your thirst, clean your wounds, but like water it can drain away and leave no trace, nothing. The to end the dream, is to see the other person, and the situation as they are, however flawed or hopeless it may all be, and not as you'd like them to be For so long as you look at them as you'd like them to be the dream exists. But it crumbles gets harder in the cold light of reality and in the effort of making it work and making it real.

• 英語が苦手です。英訳をお願いします。

直訳でだいたいはわかるのですが・・・ もしかしたらちょっとニュアンスが違うのかな?と不安になります。 英語に詳しい方、教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 How is your job out there and how is everything going out there with you? I like you smiles and i would like to maintain a quality communication and understanding with you as well. I like Japan and i think that i will spend the rest of my life there in the future. do take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon.

• 歌詞を訳してください。

I need love, I want love The time was not right Blinded by magic in my baby's eyes All I ever dreamed of I saw you in white walking by my side But I still believe that one day Things work out for you and me And I still believe we can't be friends There's so much more for us to be... I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I need love, I need you So full of life And so many thing's that you wanted too My world was too small for you So try your wings the way I used to do But I still believe that one day When your world is cold and mean You will fly back home where you belong To the luckiest man you've seen... I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I need love, I need you So when I miss you like crazy I just take a walk to our place down by the sea To make a wish on a falling star And I wish you were here....with me with me with me with me I need love, I need you I want love, I want you Nothing's been the same since you walked out that door, you are everything that I've been looking for I want love, I want you

• 長文ですが翻訳をお願いできませんか?

長文ですが翻訳していただけると嬉しいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 The element on your seventh house is water. This means your first impression will be on a subconscious intuitive level, an emotional impression, that your day to day mind may not recognize. Your first impression may be of a sympathetic person whom you can feel a kind of comforting affinity with. Feel that he is like you, the same sort of person deep down, however different he is on the surface. He will feel familiar to you someone you can be at ease with.. You’ll feel secure, safe underneath with him. He will make you feel cared for, and so the initial meeting on the everyday level will go much easier and smoother than you could probably envisage, almost before you notice it or are preoccupied with other things, it will materialize and become part of your life. He wont rush into the relationship but he will expect it to be lasting. To him you will look the faithful lasting type. His first impressions of you will be that he will see you as feminine looking and rather serious, you make take remarks he makes in jest too seriously. He will see you as a person of integrity and someone he could live with or marry. You will both have a feeling of kinship towards you. There will be a bit of magic too in these first impressions, he will seem sympathetic to you, and inspirational.