Do you have days when you get down?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • There are days when I feel totally depressed and down, and during those times, I find solace in indulging in my favorite ice cream, Hagan Daaz. I have moments when I pretend like everything is fine, but eventually, I have a breakdown over something small and realize that my tears are actually caused by deeper issues. However, if I ever cry for the actual reasons behind my sadness, it's a good day for me. Deep down, I have a dark side that I keep hidden, and I believe that everyone has a dark side as well.
  • In response to the question, yes, there are days when I feel incredibly low and depressed. During those times, I find comfort in indulging myself with Hagan Daaz ice cream. It's like a temporary escape from my problems. Sometimes, I pretend that everything is fine, but at some point, the smallest thing can trigger a complete meltdown. And in those moments, I realize that my tears are not because of the current situation, but because of the underlying issues that have accumulated. If I ever have a day where I cry for the actual reasons, it's a sign of progress and a step towards healing. We all have a dark side within us, and mine is no exception. However, I believe in keeping that darkness separate from my work.
  • Yes, I do have days when I feel really down. It's like a deep sadness takes over and I can't shake it off. During those moments, I find comfort in indulging in Hagan Daaz ice cream. It's like a temporary relief from the pain. Sometimes, I pretend like everything is fine, but then something as simple as the french fries not being done can trigger a complete breakdown. And in those moments, I realize that my tears are not because of the french fries, but because of something deeper. If I ever get to the point where I cry because of what actually happened, it's a sign that I am facing my true emotions. We all have a dark side within us, and I choose to keep mine separate from my professional life.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳をお願いします!Do you have days though when you get down?

Totally. Absolutely thoroughly depressed. And that's when you befriend Hagan Daaz and you just make love to your Hagan Daaz. yeah, I have days that I pretend like there's nothing wrong. I'll go on and everything fine, and then I will have a complete meltdown over the french fries not being done, and then you realize, I'm not crying because of this, I'm crying because of that. And if I, the day that I get to crying because of what actually happened will be a good day for me. I have a very dark side.everybody has a dark side, I just don't believe in bringing it to work. 長文ですいません…タイトルの質問に対して女優がインタビューに答えてるみたいなんですが何を言ってるのか趣旨がよくわかりません>_<、) 宜しくお願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

ははは、Hagan Daazはハーゲンダッツ・アイスクリームのことですよ(^^) 質問、Do you have days though, when you get down?は、簡潔に言うと、落ち込んだりすることがありますか?です。 で、その質問に対してこの女優さんは、Totally.(もちろんよ。)と答えています。 続きは、 むちゃくちゃ落ち込んだりもしたわ。それがだいたいハーゲンダッツ・アイスクリームと大の仲良しになるときで、愛し合うかのようにヤケ食いするの。全てが順調で、何もなかったかのように振舞ったりもしたけど、そうかと思えばまた完全に爆発して、フライドポテトのヤケ食いをしてるの。そして、私はこんなことのために泣いてるんじゃなくって、あのせいで、このせいで、って始まるのね。そして、結果的には私がこれこれこういった理由で泣いていた日が、いつか自分にとっていいことだったと思えるようにと思うの。私にはとても暗い部分があるの。誰でも暗い部分を持ってるわよね。ただ、そういうことを仕事に持ち込みたくないの。 意訳ですけど、こんなことを言ってます。

chinotto
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! ハーゲンダッツ、フライドポテトって何のことだか全くわかりませんでした(^_^;) meltdown over the french fries not being doneの所ですが、文法的にはどういった構造になってるんでしょうか?? 初歩的な質問ですいません…

その他の回答 (1)

noname#102281
noname#102281
回答No.1

「貴方はどのくらい落ち込んだ日々を過ごしたのですか?」 全く。確実に徹底的に落ち込んだわ。ええ、あなたがヘーガン・ダーズと友人になって彼と愛し合っていたときよ。そう、私は日中は何も悪いことはなくて私はすべて順調であるふりをしていたわ。それから私はフレンチフライが溶けてぐにゃぐにゃになるくらい完璧に崩れ落ちてしまった。フレンチフライは実際はこんなにならないけど。その後あなたは気が付いた。私はこのことで泣いているんではない、あのことで泣いているんだと。そしてもし私は、実際に起こったことで泣き始めることができる日は私にとって、良い日になると思うわ。私は本当にとても暗い闇の部分をもっているわ。誰もが暗い闇を持っていると思うけど、私はそれを仕事に持ち込んだりしない。 ・・・ふう。長かった(>_<) 「まだ疑いを持って泣いてるけど、真実を知って泣けることができれば、それですっきりするわ」って意味ではないでしょうか?

chinotto
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 おかげで流れが理解出来ました! 質問の内容長かったですよね…お手数かけましたm(__)m

関連するQ&A

• (長文)英文の翻訳をお願いします

glad you received, and sorry for not sending, i tried to be fast and when i did, i got sloppy and forgot that one. question one fight you asked about one time i said i didnt have after you order and then had to replace was (商品名)? because i have a copy now i just received.....i will give you free on a future order one day if you remind me. i know i have already gave you replacement for it, but out of courtesy i will give for free next time. i will also send you update if you would like.

• You get out what you put in, as the

You get out what you put in, as they say.の意味がわかりません。どう言う意味か教えて頂けますか、下記文の最後に出てきます。宜しくお願い致します。 Do you have to work long hours? Yes. I have to work a long day. I start at 7 in the morning and often do not leave the office before 7 at night. You must be very busy. What do you do? I am in the field of financial management. We look after people's money for them. Even though I do not like my job, I do not think I would like to work 12 hours a day. To be successful you have to work hard. You get out what you put in, as they say.

• get the time of day

Q. I’M the gay sister: I’m writing to you because I am too embarrassed to say this to anyone I know. I’m an out lesbian, and I have been for years. It’s been a process getting my family on board, and some still aren’t. My younger sister is amazing and supportive, and has been with her boyfriend for a few years. I’ve got a lot of resentment toward how our family has treated our relationships (her boyfriend is included in everything the family does, he’s allowed to sleep over, etc.) while my partner didn’t get the time of day. the time of dayはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

today I have heard about the tragic news about Japan. Hopefully you and your family/friends are doing fine? I am very sorry for my late reply, but I was attempt to have less contact with you, because I thought it would be better for both of us to keep going with our normal life. The farewell of the last time that I saw you was very hard, I did not want to let you cry and have heartbreak.  Do not see me wrong, because I had a great time with you. We both started to have a strong feelings for eachother, but we both also now that this could not work out. That was very hard for both of us and I want you to live a great life without missing our  time too much. Well, hopefully my thing did work out and you are doing fine, you will always have that special place in my heart. Maybe the future will bring us back together... If I have any chance to go to Japan again I will definitly contact you and be with you, only if your situation allows that, maybe in that time you will have a lovely family. Please give other men a chance if they want to be a part of your life. I will be very happy for you..

• 和訳 How do I know that...

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします I worry about getting a fair trial because you are one of the Defendants. It’s logical to assume that you will be bias and act dishonestly. How can you assure me that you won’t? それか (How do I know that you won’t?) あなたが被告の一人なので、公正な裁判を受けられるかどうか心配している。あなたが偏見を持って不誠実に行動すると仮定するのは理にかなっている。不誠実に行動しないなんてことは、どうすれば分かるの?

• then you have it

You say you can’t live like this for the rest of your life, but it doesn’t sound like your husband has ever been any different, which suggests that if you stay with him, the rest of your life is going to look exactly like the last 24 years. If part of what you are looking for right now is permission to contemplate a separation from your husband after years of trying to get him to change, then you have it. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/06/dear_prudence_i_work_and_do_all_of_the_parenting.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent then you have itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• you have failed to get the lesser

you have failed to get the lesser The fact that you have failed to get the lesser proves conclusively that you deserve the greater. So therefore, dry those tears and go in search of the worthier prize. 以上の文章のうち、最初の文章の意味が良く分かりません。特に to get the lesser の部分が理解できません。この文書が伝えたい事をご教示頂ければ幸甚です。

• (316)Do not get ……この英文はどのように訳せばよいでしょうか

(1)(ll. 715-716) Do not get a name either as lavish or as churlish; as a friend of rogues or as a slanderer of good men. (2)(ll. 717-721) Never dare to taunt a man with deadly poverty which eats out the heart; it is sent by the deathless gods.(3) The best treasure a man can have is a sparing tongue, and the greatest pleasure, one that moves orderly; for if you speak evil, you yourself will soon be worse spoken of. この文章は“Works and Days” by Evelyn Whiteの一節です。 (1)(2)(3)は連続した文章です。 試し訳と語彙について質問します。 (1)(ll. 715-716) Do not get a name either as lavish or as churlish ; as a friend of rogues or as a slanderer of good men. <ためし訳> (ll. 715-716) 気前がいいとも、無愛想とも、どちらの名も得ない(云われない)ようにしろ、うさんくさい連中の友であるとも、善良な男を誹謗する者という名も同じことだ。 <質問> (a)as……について 「何々といわれるようなことをするな」という意味と思われますが、 正しいでしょうか。 (2)(ll. 717-721) Never dare to taunt a man with deadly poverty which eats out the heart; it is sent by the deathless gods. <ためし訳> (ll. 717-721) 心をかき乱すような極度の貧困な者をののしってはならぬ。それは不死の神によって与えられているのだ。 <質問> (b) eats out the heartについて    eat outを辞書は、「外食する」と定義している。意味が違うようです。    「心を食う」→「心をかき乱す」としました。 正しいでしょうか (3) The best treasure a man can have is a sparing tongue, and the greatest pleasure, one that moves orderly; for if you speak evil, you yourself will soon be worse spoken of. 人間が入手出来る最高の宝物は舌を控えめにすることだ。そして、最高の楽しみは、規律正しく動くことだ。もし、お前が悪い事を話すなら、お前自身がまもなく、悪く云われるだろう。 <質問> (b) you yourself will soon be worse spoken of. について   worseは副詞で、基本形はyou will be spoken と考えました。   これは正しいでしょうか。   

• Why have you decided to do that,の意味

下記のインタビュー記事の、「Why have you decided to do that、」に現在完了を使っている理由は何でしょうか?現在完了形は、「現在とのつながりを示す」ので、現在でも彼が委員長であることを示唆しているのでしょうか。また、この英文を過去形「Why did you decide to do that,」にした場合、現在は委員長であるかは不明ということでしょうか? 「You are 75, and you were brought out of retirement to head UNMOVIC, and now you are heading new agency. Why have you decided to do that, instead of going back into retirement?」

• Do you~?とHave you~?の違い

教科書で (前略) A: I think everything is set. B: Have you brought more questionnaries? A: Yes, and you've brought more outdoor equipment, haven't you? という文章があるのですが、どうしてHave you~?なのですか。持ってきてくれた?ならDid you~?じゃだめなのですか。私はDo you?とHave you?の使い方の違いをよく分かっていません。。。短期留学に行ったとき、ホストマザーに「(お弁当用の)スプーンは持った?」をHave you got a spoon?みたいな感じで訊かれたときも疑問に思いました。どういうときにHave you?で訊けばいいのでしょうか。基本的な質問で恥ずかしいのですが、教えてください。