• ベストアンサー

英作文の添削お願いします

相変わらず海外旅行が花盛りだ。【せっかくたくさんのお金を使っている以上、ただ外国の景色を眺めて帰ってくるだけでは、もったいない。】 You spend a lot of money on a trip abroad, so just going sightseeing and returning home is only waste of money. 解答では ..., it is waste just to see the sight and come back. となっていたんですが、上のように書いても意味通じるでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.1

"so"で二文が接続されていますが、"so"だと「だから」とか「そうなので」という意味になります。この文の趣旨から云えば”but"の親戚の一つにすべきでしょう。 "going sightseeing"には抵抗があります。"going"と"returning"を対にしたいので苦労しているのでしょうが。先ず、「旅行に行く」などは"go on a trip"と"on"がつくようです。(『三省堂 新クラウン英語熟語辞典』) 私の場合なら原文通り"just looking around the scenery in foreign countries and returning home..."とすると思います(でも、長いですね)。 "only waste of money" 「金の無駄遣い」は"a waste of money"です。onlyがついても"only a waste of money"となります。 解答では"sight"と単数になっていますが、本当でしょうか?「景色」という場合、複数にするのが普通です(単数でも間違いではないですが)。

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

なるほど、going sightseeingは不自然な感じなのですか。 just looking around the scenery in foreign countries and... こっちの方が良いですね~、ありがとうございます! wasteだから`a`がいるんですね。盲点でした。 最後に、,so... の所なんですが、butよりsoの方が論理的にあってる気がするんですがどうでしょう??

その他の回答 (2)

• Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.3

No.1です。 >butよりsoの方が論理的にあってる気がするんですがどうでしょう?? 私は御質問の文を、「外国旅行には沢山お金を遣うけれど、その経費に見合うだけの経験をしないでは勿体ないではないか」と解釈しました。「相変わらず海外旅行が花盛りだ」という前提があるので、慌ただしく記念写真を撮るだけで帰って来る観光旅行に対する皮肉と取ったのです。 そうでなく「外国旅行にはお金が沢山必要だ。だから、その経費に見合うだけの経験をして帰って来るべきだ」なら、確かに"so"もあり得ます。 「論理的」というより、元の日本文の解釈+考え方の問題だと思います。「旅行に沢山お金を遣うこと」を当然と考える人と、大変なことと考える人(私がこれ)の違いです。

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

そういうことでしたか。 確かに良く見ると皮肉とも十分取れる文ですね。 自分は「外国旅行にはお金が沢山必要だ。だから、その経費に見合うだけの経験をして帰って来るべきだ」の意味で捉えておりました。 あと、`see the sight`なんですが、Abeeさんのおっしゃった通り、`see the sights`でした。どうもスミマセン^^; ありがとうございました。

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

主語がreturning homeであれば returning home is only a waste of money. で問題ないはずですが、その場合 ”going sightseeing”の文法的な取り扱いはどうなるのですか? 主語を going sightseeing and returning homeとして areにしたとしても違和感を感じる文章になりますね。

hoolandi
質問者

お礼

ここは、He and she are ...のように複数系にすべきということでしょうか?どうやら、解答どおり、it is a waste to...とした方が確実なようですね。 ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 至急です!英検2級の英作文添削お願いします!

至急です!英検2級の英作文添削お願いします;;添削だけでもいいのですが、もしわかる方がいらっしゃったら採点もお願いします;; TOPIC Today in Japan, many buildings and public areas have a lot of lights for decoration, such as the lights used during Christmas. Do you think this is a good idea? I don't think this is good idea that buildings and public areas have a lot of lights for decoration. Firstly, if people continue using lights for decoration, the cost likely to get worse and worse. Indeed, electric bill is to get higher and higher now. Thus, using a lot of lights for decoration is waste money. Secondly, using electricity is bad influence for environment. In fact, many people say saving electricity is a good for environment. In conclusion, I think people should abolish using lights of decoration.

• 英作文の添削お願いします

問題  Write your answer in English giving at least two reasons why you agree or disagree with it. Space exploration is a waste of money. 答え    I think space exploration is a waste of money. You may say that there are potential benefits which you will obtain in exploring it. However, it is only about 50years since human beings got tp the surface of the moon, so it is seemed to me that it will take great time, therefore, it will cost too much money until we surely make a great success exploring it. Also,we have many problems which we should pay money for, such as solving environmental problem, the poverty in developing countries. These problems must be solved as early as possible. In my conclusion, we pay money for something else rather than the unreliable projects.

• 英作文の添削

英作文の添削をお願いします。詳しく添削してもらうとありがたいです。 テーマ;修学旅行で海外に行く学校が増えている。それについての賛否。  I agree with the increasing trend that students go on aschool trips abroad. You may say that it is too expensive for most parents to afford to have their children go abroad. However, in my opinion, it is more valuable than saving money. as globalazation becomes more common, we must develop views toward various cultures and thoughts. school trips abroad is a chance to interact people different from culture, creed and so on.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

初音ミクという新しい音楽についてあなたは良いと思うか悪いと思うかに関してです 賛成反対両方について書きました。 文法誤りや10/10で評価願います 反対 I think a new music of Hatsune Miku is no good , because it is not a real voice but a machanical voice . Of coruse, everyone easily can make a lot of music without a real vocalist now. But a machanical voice can't inform a lot of people to like listening to music of feelings , because it is none too lively, whlle a real voice can inform them of feelings and attraction . Therefore, I can't understand music of Hatsune Miku . 賛成 I think a new music of Hatsune Miku is a very wonderful invention, because it caused a variety of merits. For example, there is a success of live peformance. The live of Hatsune Miku in Japan gathered a lot of people ,regardless of thier age , sex or nationality. In addition, japanese people can exchange thoughts and ideas with people all over the world by the shared hobby that you listen to music of Hatsune Miku. Therefore, I can understand the new music of Hatsune Miku.

• 英作文について

英作文について 自分の飼っているペットに多くのお金を使う人に対してどう思うか、 あなたの考えを60語以内の英語で書け。 という問題で 私は I don't think using much money on pets isn't good because it waste of money. It is just a self-satisfaction since pets can't understand the value of the money. We should spend money on people who are poor better than that.(41) ここまで書いたのですが、この文の途中に お金をかけるなら飼い主の満足感を優先した浪費よりも、ペット自身の満足感を優先した使い方をするべきだ。 When you use money, you should think of pets' satisfaction rather than owners' (13) という文も入れたくなり、これを入れるとしたらどこに入れるべきだと思いますか? もし、これを入れるとなると元々の文章も若干変わってくるだろうと思うのですが どう変えればいいと思いますか? 回答して下さる方、多少面倒だとは思いますが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。m(__)m

10/10で評価してくれると嬉しいです オリンピックの開催場所を自分の国の都市ですべきか、そうでないか、またそれはなぜですか I agree with the opinion that my country city invite Orympics ,because there are a lot of merits. In fact ,Tokyo is far more famous city than any other in japan and if various country tourists visited japan because of Orympics ,the country would get a lot of economical merits. Forexample, the tourist rate will be rapidly increasing and so tourists can get an opportunity to know a lot of japanese culture Ofcourse, if own country invited orympics there would be a variety of troubles such as fighting , arguement at a Orympics stadium ,and so on. However, If everyone had manners, it would rather transform such trubles into an opportunity to get international communication and contribute to grobarization. Therefore, I think that own country city should invite Orympics.

• 日本の財政問題について英作文を作ってみました。

Japan is confronted with which is financial crisis problem. First, it problem is gradually increase the amount of the national debt. Now amount of the national debt is about 9 hundred trillion yen. Japanese national debt is increase in about one million yen in one minute. There are about sixteen million to a household. Greece finance was fell through but even Japanese economy is on the verge of collapse about to fall apart. If gradually more increase the amount of the national debt, Japanese economy is no doubt end in failure. Secondly, it problem is member of the Diet, which have too many member of the Diets and a member of the Diet’s too high salary. Number of Japanese member of the Diet is about 7 hundred thirty two people. It is felt that there are a lot of numbers of member of the Diet members in Japan even if it sees worldwide or it sees personally and objectively. There are a lot of numbers of member of the Diet members for the population. There is sleeping Diet member when member of the Diet is held and the discussion is done. The salary paid to such an assembly member is indeed useless money. No impossible problem this, and exist. Such Diet member doesn't have the qualification who is the assembly member and not have the qualification that receives one's salary either. Eyes of the society do not permit it though it is permitted to keep getting a position a private company in the law. The people who receive a large sum of retirement allowance in getting a position a private company and run away are like stealing money in the country and money of the independent administrative agency. Many politicians spend money in the country and meal and the amusement. Actually, eyes of the society won't permit it of course though it is permitted in the law. This can easily spend money in the country only because it writes the purpose to spend money on the document at random. For Diet members in Japan, Shinkansen is the unlimited rides. This is also indeed strange. Thirdly, it problem is waste of the provinces, it is putting out. The provinces have received the aid money from the country every year. The aid money can be used by making various fiscal programs. However, there is then putting out problem of brightness. It is money that is spent to construct the road and gotten. If the gotten subsidy is not exhausted, the subsidy is decreased from the age of entertainment. Therefore, the subsidy is tried even if it exhausts it by unnecessary construction. This road works concentrate in February from November. Fourth, it problem is Tohoku earthquake. Economic shock due to the Tohoku earthquake is very large. The economy of Japan and industry do not operate and cannot be restarted. The nuclear plant has destroyed it. The trust of Tokyo Electric Power Company swings by the influence, and the credibility to Japanese businesses and the stock has weakened. The economy of Japan will not recover at a dash. Japan will recover slowly. These four problems are truly terrible and make financial crisis in Japan. 添削をお願いします!文法語法のミスなど教えていただければと思います。

• 英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアド

英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアドバイスをお願いします。 In recent years, there has been a lot of argument of having classes on Saturdays in elementary schools in Japan. A five-day school week started as a part of the new education system known as “yutori education” and these days it has been argued that we should do away with this system as soon as possible. But this system shouldn’t be abolished for following 3 reasons. First, it helps children to get communication ability. In Japanese elementary school, they usually don’t have discussions in the classes. They only listen to the teachers speaking at their desk, having little time to have interactive communications. It obviously prevents children from getting communication ability. But if Saturday is a holiday, they will have a lot of time to spend with their friends and families, and have a lot of time to have interactive communications. Actually, in my childhood I used to go a park to play catch with my father on Saturdays and talked a lot with him. There is no doubt that it has great effects on communication ability to talk a lot with friends and families. And it also prompts children to be independent. In school, they do only things that the teachers say to do. But when they graduate, no one tells them what to do. They have to find what to do on their own. If Saturday is a holiday, they will have more chance to know themselves, and to think about what they should do, that is, to be independent. In addition, apart from the educational problems, it will bring us economic effectiveness. If it is holiday on Saturdays, more people will go traveling with their family, and spend a lot of money on their way. Even if you don’t go traveling, we will have more chance to spend money to have pleasure. Actually, after playing catch I used to go to batting center with my father on Saturdays. There is no doubt that we use more money if children are at home than if they are in school.

• 英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します

(簡単なご指摘で大助かりです) - テキストの正解: "How about asking her to join our trip abroad?" "I don't think she could spare time. she always has a lot of work to do." ※”私たちの海外旅行に彼女も誘ってみたらどうかしら” ”無理だと思うわ。 年中仕事で手一杯の人だから” 私の文: "Shall we tell her to join our overseas travel?" "I think that she can't because she is busy by work all years." よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

英作文の添削をよろしくお願いします。 現在、多くの車が排気ガスを撒き散らしながら走っている。 公害の少ない車として、太陽エネルギーや電気などを 動力とした車への関心が高まりつつある。 Now, a lot of cars run, emitting exhaust fumes. We have tended to be more interested in new cars . They spend energy or electricity to run and they are considered less harm to us. such as を使うと文がながくなったので、2番目の文章を二つに きりました。 最初の分の分詞構文は問題ないでしょうか? spendのあとはrunningかto runで迷いました。走るために のニュアンスを 出したかったのでto run にしたのですが問題はないでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。