• ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください。

ホストファミリーに送ったメールで とある記念日を一緒に祝った時のことを 事細かく描写したところ、先方からの返事で 「記憶力いいね」に続いて次の英文がありました: Oh my, we both have changed so much sense then. 文脈からして「思い出が沢山ある」もしくは 「あれから随分経った」という意味になると思うのですが、 逐語訳がよく分かりません。changedではなくsharedであれば まだ分かるのですが。。。アドバイスお願い致します!

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ngyyss
  • ベストアンサー率35% (76/213)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 最後のsenseはsinceではないでしょうか?? 「あらま、ほんとに私たちってあれから随分変わっちゃったねえ」 くらいではないでしょうか。 Oh my (goodness, god etc)は、「あらら」「おやまあ」ですよね。 どうでしょうか??

netsurfin
質問者

お礼

あっ、そうか!since thenですね。 彼女はタイプもスペルも苦手なので 打ち間違いはしょっちゅうですし。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#41657
noname#41657
回答No.3

Oh my, we both have changed so much sense then. あらあ わたしたち二人ともその時から ずいぶん かわっちゃったねえ。 sense はsince の間違いかな。

netsurfin
質問者

お礼

まさにsince thenですね。 ご指摘頂くまでずっと senseにどう紐付けようか悩んでおりました。 スッキリしました~

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • ngyyss
  • ベストアンサー率35% (76/213)
回答No.2

#1です。 何度もすみません。書き忘れです。 その際、写真も一緒に送られていませんか? その写真をみてその感想を言っておられるようですが、違いますでしょうかね?

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 「use the extra income」の訳

英文の和訳について伺いたく、投稿します。 ホームステイ先を探していて、候補となるホストファミリーからエージェント(ホームステイ手配者)に下記のメールが入りました。 ホームステイを探している私に会って、マッチするか確認したいと先方が言っているのは分かるのですが、2段目にある「could use the extra income」の意味がよく分かりません。というのも、ホストファミリーになるなら、普通はextra incomeを得るためにホストする筈であり、ホストをするにあたって「副収入を使う」ということは想定できないためです。どういう意味で理解すれば良いでしょうか。ひょっとして、先方はボランティアでホストファミリーになってくれるということなのでしょうか。 I would be interested in meeting him and seeing if we are a good match. I have a spare room and could use the extra income currently. ご教示をお願いいたします。

• everの役割

My family moved to our city during Christmas break of the fifth grade. Though my future wife and I lived within a mile of each other and could both walk to school, we had no classes together and never met. In junior high, we rode different school buses and shared no classes together. In high school, the 10th and 11th grades brought no classes together, and still we never crossed paths. Our senior year, in preparation of college, we both took typing. That's the one class we ever shared. ever sharedのeverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

About a year ago, I grew close to a friend and colleague (he is single), slowly at first, but then becoming more and more intimate. There is mutual sexual attraction and we share many of the same intellectual and cultural interests. We both knew I was in no position to divorce, as maintaining a stable environment for my young family is my priority. We tried to keep the intensity level low, which we did at times, but then the intensity kept returning. We shared a brief and limited physical element. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

以下の文の和訳をお願いします。 1、Let me know if I type too fast or too much. 2、But good that you write. 3、So we can just casually in English? 4、Oh ok then we chat first. Actually I'm thinking you are doing quite well. 5、Oh but why it have more words than "ありがとう". 以上5つの文です。宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳お願いします

修学旅行で友達と2人でホームステイをして、ホストファミリーからメールの返信が来たけど、訳せません。どなたか訳をお願いします。 Very nice to hear from you both. We hope all is well in Japan. Soon we will head for Mexico in our motorhome and we will send you greetings from the sunny south. Stay well and study hard.

• ニュージーランドでのインターネットについて

今月の22日からニュージーランドに一年間留学する予定のものです。 woodvilleという場所にホームステイする予定です。ホストファミリーは農家の方です。パソコンは所有しているようです。 質問なのですが、日本からパソコン(TOSHIBA TX/65Fモデル)を持っていくつもりです。ホストファミリーにパソコンを持って行ってもいいか、インターネットをできる環境はあるか、使用できるならいくらお金を払えばよいか、ということを質問しました。 we are well. Anwer to your questions, we should be able to set up your PC, as for how much money it would cost we will have to work it out with you as we are on Dail up as we can not get broadband. ときました。これはインターネットを使用できる、という意味でとってもいいのでしょうか。 詳しい方、教えてください;; また、ニュージーランドのインターネットについて詳しい方、いろいろ教えてください;;お願いします;;

• 日本語の質問かもしれません

末尾のendureはどう訳せば日本語としてさまになるのでしょうか。 "......I am in love with a man who is married, and he loves me just as much. Yet neither of us knows whether we will ever be able to live together. We write to each other and occasionally we meet. . ." "Can I ask whether this love makes you happy or miserable, or both?" "Oh, love isn't there to make us happy. I believe it exists to show us how much we can endure."

• 'd の意味

'd っていろんなとこで見かけるのですが、省略された形が一個だけじゃないですよね? I'd like to~ → I would like to you'd better~ → you had better How'd it go? → How did it go? とりあえずこれってあっているんでしょうか? それともまだありますか? あと勉強していたときにたまたまみかけた文章で you'd call~ という文を見かけたのですが、これって上の中でいうとどれに該当するのでしょうか?(もしくは違う表現なのでしょうか?) 文はこちら Home ain't what you'd call a palace. In fact, it's really more like a shed, but a mighty big one! All my family and cousins are all livin' here together under the same big old roof. and we all pretty much get a break from work once it gets dark. Then it's time to fill our bellies and relax. Some of us might get washed off a bit first, but we do some pretty dirty work, and folks around these parts don't fuss much about gettin' a little mud in their treads. 文の最初の方にでているのですがこれは何の省略形なんでしょうか? 回答よろしくおねがいします。

• cordialの意味

I hit it off with a woman who I knew was moving out of the country. Our time together lasted only a few weeks. Though the time was short, we shared a really special connection and I’ve been left with memories that will stay with me forever. The last night she was in town, I met her family and we all went out for dessert together. She gave me a really sweet kiss in the car as we said good night. We didn’t spend the night together, but in the morning I was the last person she saw before she left town for good. I gave her a handwritten card that expressed how happy I was that we met and that I wanted to keep in touch and keep getting to know her. She didn’t read the letter that morning, and I felt her energy was cold. We hugged, but didn’t kiss goodbye. Since then, her communication with me has been cordial and mostly superficial. I’m a little blown away by how emotionally and physically intimate we had been for it to suddenly turn so cordial/superficial, literally overnight, without any major incident (besides her move) to provoke the change. cordialはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?辞書にある意味ではないと思うのですが。よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳について

Over the last few years, we've heard a lot about something called family values. And like many of you, I've struggled to figure out what that means. But since my accident, I've found a definition that seems to make sense. I think it means that we've all family, that we all have to have value. And if that's true, if America really is a family, then we have to recognize that many members of our family are hurting.の文章なのですが自分で訳してみたもののあっているのかがわかりません。英語が得意な人教えてください。 過去2、3年にわたって、我々はたいへん、家族主義的価値観と呼ばれている何かについて聞かされました。そして、あなたの多くの様に、私はそれが何を意味するかわかるのに苦労しました。しかし、私の事故以来、私は意味をなすようである定義を見つけました。私は、それが我々には全ての家族がある、みんなが価値を持たなければならないことを意味すると思います。そして、それが真実ならば、アメリカが本当に家族であるならば、我々は我々の家族の多くのメンバーがつらくなっていると認めなければなりません。