• 締切済み

だれかこの日本語訳を。。

you know, there was a period in my life where I found growing up in the world that I was living in quite stressful. 誰かこの文章の訳を教えていただけないでしょうか。 文法的にいうとfound(find)ってどういう風に解釈できるのでしょうか?あとworldのあとのthatって関係代名詞でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• adv100
  • ベストアンサー率23% (26/112)
回答No.2

このFoundを意訳すると、感じた、気づいた ですね。

回答No.1

find O C で「O が C だとわかる,O を C だと思う」の意味になる用法です。  growing up in the world that I was in までが O で,quite stressful が C です。the world を that I was living in という関係代名詞節が修飾しています。  そして,a period を where 以下が修飾しています。period は「時」を表すので,本来は関係副詞 when になるのでしょうが,my life を一つの空間と考えて,その一時期を一点の場所ととらえているのでしょう。  以上を参考にして,訳はご自分でお考えになってください。

tsutsuji-
質問者

お礼

SVOCの構文だったのですね。 私が生きていた世界の中で成長していくのは大変なストレスであったと感じる時期があった(直訳)みたいな感じでしょうか。 分かりやすい解説ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 英文の日本語訳について

以下の英文について、日本語訳する際に、下記の点を迷っています。 (1)1文目のsince以下は理由ととる方が自然な気がしますが、主節より後に来ているので時を表しているのでしょうか。 (2)2文目のthatは代名詞のthatとして、"what was read was worthless"を指している、ということでよいでしょうか。 In the past, the period between dinner and bed was great time for reading, since there were no such things as radio or television. Generally what read was worthless, but in spite of that it helped to breed the reading habit.

• 日本語訳お願いします。

In 1990, world-famous physicist Stephen Hawking read papers of his colleagues proposing their version of a time machine, but he was immediately, skeptical. His intuition told him that time travel was not possible because there are no tourists from the future. Hawking also raised a challenge to the world of physics. There ought to be a law, he proclaimed, making time travel impossible. The embarrassing thing, however, was that no matter how hard physicists tried, they could not find a law to prevent time travel. Apparently, time travel seems to be consistent with the known laws of physics. Unable to find any physical law that makes time travel impossible, Hawking has recently changed his mind. He made headlines in the British papers when he said, “Time travel may be possible, but it is not practical.”

• 日本語訳で困っています。

日本語訳がわかりません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)My mom says it felt as though someone tapped her on the shoulder, but when she turned around no one was there. (2)It was then that she noticed I wasn't in sight. (3)She saw me in the pool, kicking and waving my arms in the air, trying to keep my head above the water. (4)She held me in her arms and thanked God that I was all right.

• 英文と日本語訳があります。和訳は適切でしょうか?

For a couple of generations after World War II, one of the images that Japan presented to the world was of a nation where everyone was a member of the middle class. Another common image was that most companies offered lifetime employment. Although these two images were not so realistic, there was some relative truth. Compared to most countries, the gap between rich and poor in Japan was actually quite small, and many companies and the government did offer jobs for life. 和訳 第二次世界大戦後の数世代にとって、日本が世界に示したイメージのひとつは、総中流化の国というものでした。もう一つの一般的イメージはほとんどの会社が終身雇用というものです。こうした二つのイメージはとても現実的とは言えませんでしたが、いくつか相対的真理もありました。多くの国と比較すると日本におけるお金持ちと貧しい人との差は実のところとても小さく、多くの会社や政府では終身雇用の仕事を提供したのです。

• 日本語訳お願いします。

The best way of approaching philosophy is to ask a few philosophical question: How was the world created?Is there any will or meaning behind what happens? Is there a life after death?How can we answer these questions?And most important,how ought we to live?People have been asking questions throughout the ages.We know of no culture which has not concerned itself with what man is and where the world came from. Basically there are not many philosophical questions to ask.We have already asked some of the most important ones.But history presents us with many different answers to each question.So it is easier to ask philosophical questions than to answer them. Today as well each individual has to discover his own answer to these same questions.You cannot find out whether there is a God or whether there is life after death by looking in an encyclopedia.Nor does the encyclopedia tell us how we ought to live.However,reading what other people have believed can help us formulate our own view of life. Philosopheres’ search for the truth resembles a detective story.Some think Andersen was the murderer,others think it was Nielsen or Jensen.The police are sometimes able to solve a real crime.But it is equally possible that they never get to the bottom of it,although there is a solution somewhere.So even if it is difficult to answer a question,there may be one―and only one―right answer.Either there is a kind of existence after death―or there is not. A lot of age-old enigmas have now been explained by science.What the dark side of the moon looks like was once shrouded in mystery.It was not the kind of thing that could be solved by discussion;it was left to the imagination of the individual.But today we know exactly what the dark side of the moon looks like,and no one can `believe` any longer in the Man in the Moon,or that the moon is made of green cheese. A Greek philosopher who lived more than two thousand years ago believed that philosophy had its origin in man’s sense of wonder.Man thought it was so astonishing to be alive that philosophical questions arose of their own accord.

• 日本語訳を! 5-(7)

お願いします。 (18) Abydos wasn't the only sacred site. There were many others throughout Egypt. Some temples were mortuary temples for dead kings, and others were built to honor a particular god. Some, like Abydos, were both. Abydos honored Osiris, and because Osiris was the King of the Dead, it also became an important burial ground. (19) For Egyptians, the stories about the gods were comforting and provided guidance in a world that was unpredictable and governed by forces they didn't understand. Horus watched over them in this life. Osiris watched over them in death. When their world was in turmoil, they believed it was Seth fighting with Horus that created the chaos. When all was well, they were sure that Horus had won the battle. They believed that one day Horus would defeat Seth in a smashing final combat. Then Osiris would be able to return to the world of the living and all sorrow would end. Until then, it was a god-eat-god world.

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

I will be attending a service at the Thiepval Memorial near the battlefield, and it's right that the whole country pauses to remember the sacrifices of all those who fought and lost their lives in that conflict." On 1 July 2016, a ceremony was held in Heaton Park in north Manchester in England. Heaton Park was the site of a large army training camp during the war. Across Britain in 1 July 2016, 1400 actors dressed in replica World War I-period British Army uniforms walked about in streets and public open areas, from 7am to 7 pm. Each took on temporarily the identity of a British soldier who died on the first day of the Somme, and handed out information cards about that soldier. They did not talk, except for occaionally singing "We're here because we're here" to the tune of Auld Lang Syne. This event was called "Ghost Soldiers".

• 日本語訳を! 8-(2)

お願いします。 (5) It was also common for governors to brag that they could support the people in their cnmmunity while the rest of Egypt starved. Ankhtyfy apparently was just as conceited as all the others because his inscription says, I gave bread to the hungry and clothing to the naked...I gave sandals to the barefooted. The whole country has become like locusts going upstream and downstream in search of food; but never did I allow anybody in need to go from this province to another one. I am the hero without equal. (6) Boasts like these led scholars to believe that the First Intermediate Period and all its chaos were brought about by famine. Was all of Egypt starving? Is that why the country fell apart? Archaeologists who study ancient climates don't think that is true. There were droughts in the Old Kingdom and the king was still able to maintain control. And there were good harvests during the First Intermediate Period and yet chaos ruled. The boasts about feeding the hungry were most likely meant to send the message to the people that they needed the governor, that without their local ruler they would suffer as the rest of the country was supposedly suffering. (7) Governors had always recruited military troops from their provinces for their king. Now instead of sending soldiers to the capital, they were using the troops for their own scrambles for power. The strong grew stronger, and the wealthy grew wealthier. The central government splintered. The king's power slipped further.

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします It was sometime before one could see, the hot air escaping caused the candle to flicker, but as soon as one's eyes became accustomed to the glimmer of light the interior of the chamber gradually loomed before one, with its strange and wonderful medley of extraordinary and beautiful objects heaped upon one another. (8) The room Carter peered into was packed to the ceiling. A jumble of chests piled on top of chairs, piled on top of chariots. Statues, beds, game boards, and pottery littered the floor. Everything the king would need in the next life had been crammed into the small space. The tomb robbers must have been scared away before they could do much damage. Carter writes, "we had found the monarch's burial place intact save certain metal-robbing." (9) But what was it they had found? If this was a tomb, where was the tomb resident? There were no mummies in sight. Carter writes, "A sealed doorway between the two sentinel statues proved there was more beyond, and with the numerous cartouches bearing the name of Tut.ankh.Amen on most of the objects before us, there was little doubt that there behind was the grave of the Pharaoh." The doorway to the burial chamber had been broken into as well. Carter writes that the hole was "large enough to allow a small man to pass through, but it had been carefully reclosed, plastered, and sealed. Evidently the tomb beyond had been entered―by thieves!" Would they find King Tut?

• 日本語訳をお願いします。

チャップリンの自伝の文章なのですが、日本語訳をお願いします。 I saw Frank Tinney again on the stage a few years later and was shocked, for the comic Muse had left him. He was so self-conscious that I could not believe it was the same man. It was this change in him that gave me the idea years later for my film Limelight. I wanted to know why he had lost his spirit and his assurance. In Limelight the case was age; Calvero grew old and introspective and acquired a feeling of dignity, and this divorced him from all intimacy with the audience.