• 締切済み

この訳を教えてください

He saw only the face of Helen, parhaps the greatest empire of them all, and he heard her wondrous voece, perhaps the greatest achievement of pathetic mankind. この文はどんな感じに訳しますか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• teacherx
  • ベストアンサー率50% (4/8)
回答No.2

内容からすると何かの詩、又は小説の一文なのでしょう。 直訳するとこんな感じかな。 彼はヘレンの顔だけを見た、恐らくエンパイヤの中でも一番素晴らしい。 そして彼女の素晴らしい声を聞いた、恐らく人類始まって以来の発明だ。 しかし、これでは何を言いたいのか解りませんのでこう言う風に 翻訳すると... ヘレンの顔を見た、なんて美しく力漲る顔だろう そして彼女の声、驚くほど素晴らしい。まるでこの世の物(声)ではない。 作者が何を表現したいか解りましたか? parhaps the greatest empire of them all, この文は彼女の顔の素晴らしさ、美しさをempireで例えてます。empireと言うのは強大で力のある物を指しますからここでは美しく力漲るとしました。 どうでしょう?

sixpac
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました。どうもありがとうございます。

• puni2
  • ベストアンサー率57% (1002/1731)
回答No.1

このサイトでは, 「何らかの課題やレポートのテーマを記載し、ご自分の判断や不明点の説明もなく回答や翻訳のみを求める質問は、マナー違反であり課題内容を転載しているものは著作権の侵害となりますため質問削除となります。」 ということになっています。 この質問はまさに「ご自分の判断や不明点の説明もなく回答や翻訳のみを求める質問」です。 削除されたくないのでしたら,今からでもよいので,「ご自分の判断や不明点の説明」を補足してください。 それと,以下の情報も補足してください。 ○この文はどこに書かれていたものか。 ○Heとは誰か。 ○Helenとは誰か。 ○voeceはvoiceではないのか。 ○この文の前後にはどのような内容のことが書かれていたのか。 そういった情報がないのに訳せと言われたって,無理な話です。

sixpac
質問者

お礼

なるほど。その通りです。 どうもすみませんでした。 この文の , perhaps 以下の部分は「もしかすると、多分」とか「恐らく」と訳すと文全体としてどういうニュアンスになるのかわかりません。voeceはvoiceの間違いです。 自分の判断では「彼は、恐らく~(perhaps以下)と考えて、彼女の顔を見た」という訳を考えましたが、そうゆう訳し方は可能ですか? 文章へたですみません。 適切な訳し方を教えてください。

関連するQ&A

• 英文法と訳について

What am I listening to? You don't recognize that famous gravelly voice? I guess you young people wouldn't. It's Louis Armstrong singing "What a Wonderful World." No, doesn't ring any bells? Brings back so many lovely memories for me. 上記の英文のpeople wouldn'tのところのwouldn'tは仮定法ですか? Brings back so many lovely memories for me. この文に主語が無いのはなぜですか?主語を付けるとすればItですか?thatですか? He was one of the greatest improvisers jazz had ever seen, not only when playing the trumpet but when singing, too. Ever heard of scat singing? It's where you sing using sounds, not actual words and lyrics: shoo-doo-shoo-bee-ooo-bee. That sort of thing. 上記の英文で He was one of the greatest improvisers jazz had ever seen、 とありますが He was one of the greatest improvisers +jazz had ever seen ということで、ジャズでかつて見たことの無いもっとも偉大な即興演奏家の一人だった。 と言う訳し方でいいのですか? not only when playing the trumpet but when singing,too 上の文のwhen playingと when singingはそれぞれ助動詞 isが省かれてるのですか? not only when playing the trumpet but when singing,tooは、どう訳していけばいいのですか? Ever heard of scat singing?は Have youが省略されているんですか? 教えて下さい。宜しくお願いします。

• 過去のwouldのニュアンス

my life would change when I saw The face of her guitar この文の wouldはどのように訳せばいいでしょか? それとThe face of her guitarのfaceにはどういう訳が日本語としてふさわしいですか?

• ギリシャ神話の英文です。訳がわかりません。回答お願いします。

And while she lay fearful and expectant, she felt a gentle hand brush back the hair from her brow,and a gentle voice whis-pered words of love into her ear. If this was a monster,he was like none she had ever heard of! She longed for daylight so that she might behold this mysterious husband who spoke so lovingly to her. But when dawn came over the casement and Psyche rose expectantly from her pillow,no husbdand did she see. Again she was quite alone. Again she was quite alone. The Sister's Visit Now the day sped happily for Psyche. The castle and its grounds were hers to enjoy,while invisible servants fulfilled her every wish. And each night her husband came to her and each dawn vanished. she had yet to lay eyes on him. But as usually happens when one's every wish is ful-filled,Psyche began to be bored. Besides,she was lonely. She longed to see her sisters. Perhaps she wanted them to know that the dreadful fate ordered for her had not bee fulfilled,thus relieving their hearts of sorrow and anxiety. Perhaps,too,she longed to have them know the amazing luxury she now enjoyed,riches beyond any of their dreams. One night she spoke of her longing to her husband. "Dear one," he said, "can you not be content as we are? How will it add to your happiness to have you sisters come here? I swear their visit will only bring us distress,for they will envy you what you have since it is so much more they can boast of." But Psyche begged,and at last her husband gave in. "Very well,"he said in a voice full of sorrow. "I will have Zephyr waft them here for a day's visit. But I warn you,do not let them talk you into trying to find out who I am. Only great misfortune will come to you try to look upon me," Psyche promised,and the next day her sisters came. Like any proud bride showing off her new home for the first time,Psyche conducted her sisters through the castle.

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (22) Caesar then restored Cleopatra to her throne and defeated her brother in battle. On his way back to Rome, Caesar passed through Asia. There, he squashed a rebellion in Asia Minor (modern Turkey). In a letter to a friend, he made light of the victory. The letter had only three words: “Veni, vidi, vici.” (“I came, I saw, I conquered.”) Plutarch says that this brief message matched “the sharpness and speed of the battle itself.” Caesar's fans later made placards with these three words written on them, which they carried in his triumphal procession into Rome. (23) When Caesar returned to Rome, he was proclaimed dictator. Then he began the work of healing Rome's terrible war wounds. He gave 100 denarii to every citizen and pardoned his own enemies, even those who had supported Pompey against him, including Cicero and Brutus. (Caesar was especially fond of Brutus. In his youth, Caesar had been in love with Brutus's mother, and he always looked out for her son. Brutus did not return the favor.) (24) During four years of almost absolute power, Caesar passed many laws to control debt, reduce unemployment, and regulate traffic in Rome. He levied taxes on foreign imports to boost Rome's economy. He put unemployed Romans to work building a new Forum and a large public building named in his family's honor: the Basilica Julia. He planned the first public library and built embankments along the Tiber to protect the city against floods. He revised the old Roman calendar, replacing it with the one that we use today, beginning with January. (25) Julius Caesar was perhaps the most extraordinary of all ancient Romans─a senator, military leader, and dictator of Rome. But he was also a poet, a brilliant historian who wrote about his military victories, and the only orator of his day who could compete with Cicero. His personal charm brought him the loyalty of men and the love of women.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 17-3日本語訳

お願いします。  Because Ayurvedic doctors passed down their traditions orally for thousands of years before anyone wrote them down,no one knows about the doctors and nurses who helped develop them.We do know a little more about South Asia's greatest scientist,a man named Aryabhata,who was born in 476 CE.As a young boy,Aryabhate loved watching the stars.Even without a telescope,Aryabhate saw a lot.He saw that the moon was light on the side that faced the sun and dark on the side that faced away.He was the first person to come up with an accurate measurement for π,a number that is is used to calculate the length of curves.He realized that the earth and the other planets circled the sun,instead of the sun and the planets circling the earth.He also saw that the rising and the setting of the sun,the moon,and the starts was the result of the earth turning:“Just as a man in a boat moving forward sees the stationary objects(on either side of the river)as moving backward,just so are the stationary stars seen by the people at Lanka(i.e.,on the equator)as moving exactly towards the west.”  Because of what he saw and understood,he made a very accurate calendar-a great help to South Asians.All kinds of activities,from farming to religion to warfare,depended on knowing exactly what time of the year it was,or in other words,where the earth was in its yearly path around the sun.

• 英語教えて下さい

1He is one of the greatest pianists that have ever lived. 2We should respect the basic human rights of others, much more their lives 3I said nothing, which only made her angrier (私が何も言わなかったので、彼女はますます腹を立ててしまった。) 1この文のthat節内の現在完了の用法は何ですか?? また、根拠を教えて下さい(everがあるからはなしで) 2much moreは「...まして~はなおさらだ」ですが、これは接続詞の一種ですか?? 接続詞なら何と何をつないでいるんですか?? 3訳上にonlyの働きが表れていないのですが、このonlyの働きは何ですか??

• 日本語訳を!!

お願いします (5) The Roman historian Livy had also written down a different legend about two brothers who were sons of the king. Their names were Numitor and Amulius. When their father the king died, Amulius grabbed the throne and forced Numitor to leave the kingdom. But then Amulius worried that someone might try to overthrow him. What if Numitor's daughter, Rhea Silvia, had children who might try to take the throne? Amulius wasn't taking any chances. He forced Rhea Silvia to join the Vestal Virgins―a group of women who served in the temple of the goddess Vesta. The Romans believed that Vesta wanted the complete attention of her priestesses, so the Vestal Virgins were not allowed to marry or have children. (6) Poor Rhea had no choice but to obey her uncle. But things didn't go according to Amulius's plan. Somehow, despite her protected life among the Vestal Virgins, Rhea became pregnant and gave birth to twins―two strong, handsome boys. She named her sons Romulus and Remus. Amulius was outraged when he heard the news. He ordered his servants to take the twins from their mother's arms nd drown them in the river. Rhea herself was bound and thrown into prison. (7) The servant couldn't bring himself to kill the babies, so he put them into a basket and set it afloat on the river. He was sure that the babies would be carried away and drowned as the king had commanded. But the river was kind and gently landed the basket on solid ground. (8) Although the twins didn't drown, they were still in great danger. If they didn't starve, wild animals might eat them. Miraculously, according to Livy, “a she-wolf, coming down from the... hill to quench her thirst, turned her steps towards the cry of the infants, and nursed them so gently that the keeper of the royal flock found her licking them with her tongue.”

• 問題集で・・・

友達に借りた英語の問題集で、わからないところがありました。 しかも、友達曰く、答えなくしたから だそうです。 なので、教えてもらえたら幸いです・・・。 よろしくお願いします ( )内の語句を並べ替えて、文を完成しなさい 1 We (swimming/play/either/can/or/go)tennis. 2 He dropped by my office (also/not/the following day/only/but/that day). 3 The graduation (both/made/happy/them/and/feel)sad at the same time. 4 (I/nor/sure/saw/I'm/neither)heard anything steange. 1は We can play go either swimming ore tennis 2 He dropped by my ofiice not only that day but also the following. 3 まったくわかりません 4 I'm neither sure saw nor I heard anything strange.でしょうか・・・ 1,2はなんとなく自信はあるのですが、3,4がまったくわかりません よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳お願いします(;_;)

He knew it was only a matter of time before Susan could ride the bus by herself. matter of time…時間の問題 もう一問お願いします(>_<) She was scared but she had to make the trip on her own. make the trip…仕事に行く