• ベストアンサー

sounder research

sukinyanの回答

• sukinyan
  • ベストアンサー率38% (119/313)
回答No.1

sound researchとは、健全なリサーチ、不正行為のない、正当な調査のことですね。それの比較級で、sounderとなっておりますので、「より正当なリサーチ」といった意味だと思います。で、最初の12件を調査するにあたって、「確かに、最初のうちはリサーチを正当に行っていたが、悪党どもが同じルールブックに従ってプレイしないということが発覚するまでの時点に限定しての話だ」という意訳をしてみました。事件を調査していくうちに、通常のルール通りに捜査・追跡しても無駄な敵である、という犯人像といいますか、犯罪組織像が浮かび上がってきた、ということだと思います。英国より補足質問をお待ちしております。 :)

hana2005-1962
質問者

お礼

こんにちは。 sukinyanさん、遠方からの回答ありがとうございます。 >sound researchとは、健全なリサーチ、不正行為のない、正当な調査 soundを形容詞としてとっていませんでした… "sounder research" こういうmethodがあるのかと思っておりました… 今日は朝から”目からうろこ”って感じです。 A sound mind in a sound body. アルクに載ってました。今日はこれ覚えます。^^ ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• どんな意味なんでしょうか?教えてください

What would you think if I told you I've always wanted to hold you? I don't know what we're afraid of Nothing would change if we made love

• この歌詞の意味

どんな状況なんだろう。気になって寝られません(´・ω・`) Little Misty Say you Miss me Say you're sorry Be on My side Don't waste Your pride Say you're sorry I know something that you don't Know I will tell you if you want me To And when someone walks in here You will tell them what you know Little Misty Say you Miss me Say you're sorry Be on My side Don't waste Your pride Say you're sorry I know something you don't want To know I should shut up but I can't Please don't beg me not to say I need you to understand

• 英文を訳して下さい。

かなり長いですが、訳して下さい。Twelve Angry Menからの抜粋です。 Now let me lay this out for you ignorant—bastards. You at the window, you’re so god-damned smart. We’re facing a danger here. Don’t you know it? These people are multiplying. That kid on trial, his type, they’re multiplying five times as fast as we are. That’s the statistic. Five times. And they are – wild animals. They’re against us, they hate us, and they want to destroy us. That’s right. Don’t look at me like that! There’s a danger. For God’s sake we’re living in a dangerous time, and if we don’t watch it, if we don’t smack them down whenever we can, then they are gonna own us. They’re gonna breed us out of existence.”

• 解釈の確認をお願いします

同僚について語っている場面です。 職業は危険の伴う探偵業です。 We went to high school together. So I got a real close relationship with those guys. I mean if we pull up on a stop or a call... I know what they're thinking. I don't have to warry about watching my back because I know they have it. 私たちは同じ高校に通った。 だからとても親密な関係だ。 立ち寄ったり話したりすれば 彼らが何を考えているかわかる。 彼らが後ろにいるから(フォローしてくれるから) 何も心配していない。 この訳であってますでしょうか? どなたか分かる方、お知恵を貸してください。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

長文ですが、次の英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ある俳優にファンが出演した映画について聞いています Q:I was going to ask you Randy about Lorton Lake. A:You know Danny finished that and like re-edited it and did something with it. The director, sorry, the director has had like full control of overall about whatever we make and then he is going to cut down. And I think he did some weird re-edit of it and it played at some places under a different name, but I don't actually have that in control over that anymore. I was like… Q:Don't know if we are going to get to see that then? A:I don't know, I should talk to him while I am here, I need to… Probably not. Q:There is so many things that you guys do that we don't get to see. A:I know, I know, but it's like not good enough for you guys yet, if you see it now. 宜しくお願いします。

• 次の文を和訳してください。

(1)You're sightseeing, aren't you? (2)He's as big as a horse, isn't he? (3)I bet he needs a lot of exercise,doesn't he? (4)I know them all, don't I? (5)I'm cabbie, aren't I? (6)He's very good, aren't you, boy? (7)Still, it keeps me busy all this rain, doesn't it? (8)This time last year we had sunshine every day, didn't we? (9)They're everywhere, aren't they? (10)These days I'm getting all sorts in my cab with the rain, you know. 以上です。

• for my sake/on my account/for myself

お願いします。 ”私のために”という意味合いで使われるとき、この3つには どういったニュアンスの違いがあるのでしょうか? (ドラマ(70年代)の中でfor my sake, on my accountが使われた場面を書き添えます) 1) for my sake 刑事A,Bが捜査上の意見の食い違いから言い争いをする場面です。 A: Hey, what are you doing? B: A, for your sake... A: You're out of your tree. B: For your sake, it's better this way. A: For my sake? B: Yes. 2) on my account 刑事Aがshowgirl,Xに聞き込みをする場面で、 X: You know, I think I should like you. A: Me? ... Why? X: You're embarrassing me. A: I'm embarrassing you? X: It's just that we're so used to getting dressed and undressed around here. Men come in, and they either don't care or they leer. You're blushing.(とニッコリ) A: (照れながら、笑顔)… といったやりとりのあとの、帰り際の会話です。 X: Listen. The next time you see me, I will be dressed. A: (笑顔で)Don't do anything on my account. 3) シンプルなfor myselfという表現を使う。 お時間ありましたら、お願いします。

• 英文の翻訳お願いします。

靴をの宣伝のメールだと思いますが大変でも翻訳お願いします。 Do you think you could start selling some our ‘nicks Boots’? They are hand lasted but the pricing is closer to $320-350 retail. I have some samples if you would like to take a look. We’re able to do oxfords in 3, 4 and 5” heights, different colored upper stitching and sole stitching and we also have a 5” lace to toe model. Let me know if you’re interested, I can send you some detailed pictures.

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Nice to hear from you! Thank you for your tips for the hostels. I have a (strange) question for you. Is it possible to sleep with you for one or two nights? Tomorrow we are leaving Kyoto by bike and I don't know which hostel to choose. Maybe you're open to keep us one or two nights in our house so we can have some time to search for a good hostel? If you don't feel comfortable with you, just say that and we can find a hostel today.

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします

Just because we don't talk to each other doesn't mean I don't think about you. I just try to distance myself because I know I cann't have you.