• ベストアンサー

この文の「one」の意味を教えてください

taked4700の回答

• taked4700
  • ベストアンサー率37% (777/2050)
回答No.1

college-age peopleでいいのではないでしょうか。 つまり、そういうせつな的な態度と言うのは、結局のところ、「当面、その年代の人々の心を捉えるに過ぎない」と言う意味だと感じます。

runbini
質問者

お礼

回答をありがとうございます。わかりました、すると one だから college-age person という事ですね!

runbini
質問者

補足

すみません、今度は2番目の「get」の意味がわからなくなりました。薄ぼんやり「take」みたいな感じかなあと思いますが、それでも意味がよくわかりません。全体的に taked4700 さんのおっしゃった「捉える」というのはどういう意味でしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• この一文を教えてください。

Between the ages of 20 and 30, as people get married and have children, they start to value time spent with their families more and more highly. In contrast to this, as people pass the age of 40, they no longer feel as strong a need to increase family time. この文のthey no longer feel as strong a need to increase family time.がわからないので教えていただけませんでしょうか。feel as という熟語でしょうか。文法や構造を教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• この英文の意味を教えてはいただけないでしょうか?

こんにちは。 お世話になります。 英語初学者です。 下記に挙げます英文が理解できず、困り果てております。 Emma was happy to entertain their friends, although many of them were closer in age to her father than to her. But on one of these evenings Emma was luckier because one of their neighbours brought a young friend with her. 教えていただきたいのですが、この場合の「with her」のherとは、Emmaを指しているのでしょうか? それとも、「one of their neighbours」を指しているのでしょうか? また、もしEmmaを指していた場合、ニュアンスとしては「彼女に合わせるために連れてきた」となるのでしょうか? どなたか、教えてはいただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Annie: I can understand why "Camera-Shy Grandma" doesn't like to be photographed, but she should consider the fact that her stepdaughter likes pictures of people who are important to her. My brother was killed in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and I can't find a single photo of just the two of us together as adults. What I wouldn't give for one today! -- Kyle C. What I wouldn't give for one today!はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えて欲しいです。

This shows us how two people from different cultures can see the same thing and interpret it in very different ways. 大まかには意味が分かってるのですが、howとcanをどう訳したらいいのかよく分からなくて困っています。 もう一文、 Without being detached, we may jump to inaccurate conclusions-e.g. "Wow,Arabs are pushy", or "Wow, Japanese are shy"- without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way is a lack of understanding of how Arabs or Japanese communicate among themselves. という文で、without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way の部分がよく分からなく、このifってどう訳したらいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 単数形と複数形について

Some people say it's difficult to get into a college but easy to graduate. But it's getting easier to get into Japanese colleges. 1行目のcollegeにはaが付いてるのに2行目はcollegesと複数形になってるのはなぜですか? 教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• One less to keep

He brought us in nothing but misery. He drank everything away, the drunkard! He robbed us to get drink, he wasted their lives and mine for drink! And thank God he’s dying! One less to keep!” この文章のOne less to keepの理解ができないです。 less の後にthing が省略されているのか? keep は何を意味しているのか?の理解に難しさを感じてます。 背景→ 発話者は彼の妻です。また、彼らは子供たちがいます。 解説お願いします。

• ある文章の意味

以下の文章で分からない個所があります。 This variability is true even of the use each one of us makes of language, 1.「This variability is true」と「even of the use」のつながり(文型)が分かりません。 trueとevenの間で文章が切れていると思うのですがいかがでしょうか? 2.「even of the use」と「each one of us makes of language」のつながり(文型)が分かりません。   それぞれが判断しているeven of the useと言う意味でしょうか? 3.evenのあとにofが来ているのですがこれはどの意味になりますでしょうか? 4.make of ...は「判断する」と言う意味でしょうか? 5.この文章の意味を教えて頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願いいたします。 補足 And a word or construction commonly accepted in one geographic area or by one particular group of people can be quite foreign to those in other locales or communities, even though all of them are speaking English. This variability is true even of the use each one of us makes of language, for our speaking and writing are frequently adjusted to the circumstances that surround them.

• 和訳 key people

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) But by the time you get to the second chapter, you will understand that you are one of the key people involved. しかし、第2章に入ると、あなたが関わっている主要な人物のひとりであることを理解するでしょう。

• うまく訳せません

Age can be a matter of attitude! There are some young people who act very old and some old people ( in age) who act young. 今日の英語レッスンのトピックは「年をとること」でした。 先生が最後にまとめた文章なのですが、うまく訳せません。 どなたかシンプルな訳をおねがいします。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

On the same day the Vegas shooter killed 60 people- 80 other Americans were gunned down. No bump stock needed. In fact most of these were pistols. So we get very upset when one guy kills a lot of people But one guy killing one guy with a handgun x80 daily? That's not worth talking about.