What I wouldn't give for one today!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Dear Annie: I can understand why 'Camera-Shy Grandma' doesn't like to be photographed, but she should consider the fact that her stepdaughter likes pictures of people who are important to her.
  • My brother was killed in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and I can't find a single photo of just the two of us together as adults.
  • What I wouldn't give for one today!
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Annie: I can understand why "Camera-Shy Grandma" doesn't like to be photographed, but she should consider the fact that her stepdaughter likes pictures of people who are important to her. My brother was killed in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and I can't find a single photo of just the two of us together as adults. What I wouldn't give for one today! -- Kyle C. What I wouldn't give for one today!はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >> What I wouldn't give for one today!  これは、それが一つ今手に入るなら、私はなんでもあげる。  気取って言えば「今、これを得るを得ば、なんの惜しむべき物やあらん。」みたいな、嘆息の決まり文句です。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

What I wouldn't give for one today!はどのような意味でしょうか?  今日、その一つ(=アフガニスタンで戦死した兄の写真一枚)何を与えないだろうか > その一枚が今あれば、何物にも換え難い(貴重なものだ)。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My grandma is 84 years old and still able to live independently. I spent time in her home a few years ago and discovered that she no longer showers because she is afraid of slipping. It also is too hard for her to step over the lip of the bathtub. step over the lip of the bathtubはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 何か省略されているのでしょうか

My mother chooses to hide the fact that her boyfriend is a pedophile. He abused me 15 years ago, when I was a teenager, and it still haunts me. Mom broke up with him for a short period of time, but they got back together, and the abuse started again. She didn't want to press charges because it would mess up his retirement. She is still seeing this man. I have had great therapy. My wonderful husband and I have a 5-year-old daughter. We used to allow her to stay overnight at Grandma's until she told us that Grandma took her to her boyfriend's house. I wrote my mother a letter and told her that as long as this man is in her life, we wouldn't be. we wouldn't beは何か省略されているのでしょうか?意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• themについて

I will not tell you what I want. I will only give you a hint. Please listen carefully. There are only four of them in the world.But they are everywhere. Bring one of them to me. 上記の英文の four of themとone of them の themは、何を指してるのですか? 教えて下さい、よろしくお願いします。

• 修辞疑問--What would I not do

●What would I not do to help you both out of the trouble? (お2人をお助けするためならどんなことでもします) What would I not do to-不定詞 → 「~するためには私は何をしないだろうか→~するためには私は何でもする」 ところで、なぜこの文は What wouldn't I do to ~ と言わないのですか?

• 意味と用法について教えてください

In January, I finally married the woman of my dreams. "Julie" was sweet and kind, with lots of love to give. Things went well for a few weeks, but then everything changed. Julie has always had issues with depression. She'd be overwhelmed from time to time but always came to me for comfort. Suddenly, she didn't want me near her when she was depressed. As hurt as I was, I gave her the space she wanted. As hurt as I wasの意味と用法について教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 文章解釈

添付ファイル文章に関する質問です。 1. in and out of situations をどのように理解すれば良いのかわからないです。 「状況の内外で」という理解であっているのか自信がないです。 2. Seriously—what you take for granted, others wouldn’t even think to dream of. 「真面目な話、他の人たちが夢にも思わないものを、あなたは当たり前だと思っている。」 この理解に自信がないです。解釈の仕方を教えて下さい。 3. what you take for granted, とothers wouldn’t even think to dream of のつながりをどのように理解すれば良いのか分からないです。 4. また、think to dream ofとなっていますが、 think に不定詞が来ている、と考えるべきなのか、what you take for grantedがthink の目的語で、to dream ofがwhat you take for grantedを修飾している、と考えるべきなのかわからないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• 英作

「お前の求めるものを与えるつもりはない。」は I have no willing to give you what you want. で良いですか? Sach followd (Yama/could/knowing/it/to/give/her)if he wished.       →yama could knowing give her to it と I will grant you a favor-(of/your/the/but/husband/anything/life)."       →the life anything but of your husband と考えたのですが、の()中の並べ替えの答えを教えて下さい。

• 英語の書き換え問題

I looked for a word to say to her, butI couldn't find it.を ほぼ同じ意味の文に変えるとき、 I didn't know how to say to her. と I didn't know what to say to her. 上の2つの文はほぼ同じような意味になるでしょうか? 学校のテストで出た場合、両方とも丸でしょうか?

• 僕が考えた英語の問題

この英文を訳す&SVOCに分けてください I must give her what I have to take the train.

• Peeping Tom lawに関係する文章の意味

Living in close quarters and the lack of a strong Peeping Tom law are disadvantages to living in Gotham. But Dan, as a fellow New Yorker, I wouldn’t urge you to leave the city. For the time being, just do like the rest of us, and pull down the shade. I wouldn’t urge you to leave the city. これはニューヨークを離れることを要請しないだろう、、、ってなんか意味が、、、 それとこの最後の For the time being~ さしあたり、以降の文は日本語的にどう訳したらいいでしょうか。直訳すると残りの私たちのように影を下そうよ。明るみに出さない、つまり見なかったことにしようよか、終わりにしよう見たいな感じでしょうか