• ベストアンサー

英語の書き換え問題

I looked for a word to say to her, butI couldn't find it.を ほぼ同じ意味の文に変えるとき、 I didn't know how to say to her. と I didn't know what to say to her. 上の2つの文はほぼ同じような意味になるでしょうか? 学校のテストで出た場合、両方とも丸でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

I didn't know how to say to her.X I didn't know what to say to her.○ howを使うと、wordはあるかもしれないが、それをどのように使っていいかわからなかったということになります。whatを使うことで、何といっていいかわからなかったということになります。 I wanted to say, "I love you," to her, but I didn't know how to say that. というような場合がhowです。 "I love you" was a little too direct. I didn't know what to say to her to mean I loved her. こういう場合がwhatです。 学校のテストで出た場合、両方とも丸でしょうか? →文脈にもよりますが、意味が違ってくるはずですから、両方とも○ということはないと思います。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

関連するQ&A

• 数学*英語 (中学3年)

『数学』 因数分解なのですが、何からやればいいのか、全くわかりません。 ヒントだけでもよろしくお願いします。 4ab +9c^2-6c(a+b) x^2 -2a (x+bx-2ab) 『英語』 書き換えの問題です。 I didn't know what to say at that time . { I didn't know what ------ ------ ------- at that time. ------一つに一語が入ります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文問題

疑問詞+to+動詞の原形を使った文に直して下さい。 1They didn't know which they should take. 2She didn't know which one she should buy. 3Do you know what you should do with it? 4I was wondering how I could get to the town. I wonder~で始まる文に直して下さい。 1あの車は誰のものだろう。 2彼はいつここへ来たのだろう。 3彼女は英語を話せるのだろうか。 4彼らはなぜ東京を去ったのだろう。 5この塔の高さはどのくらいあるのかな。

• 英語得意な方お願いします!

今テスト勉強をしていて並び替えてとくやつで分からない問題がたくさんあります。  ・このコンピュータの使い方を教えてください。  Please show me (how/this computer / to / use) ・とても驚いて、私は何と言っていいかわかりませんでした。   I was really surprised. I didn′t (know / say / to / what ). これを正しい順番に並び替えるのですが英語得意な方教えてください(><)

• 英語問題

次の疑問文を( )内の文に続けて書き直そう。意味も書くこと。 (1)Where does Doreamon sleep?(Do you know ~?) (2)What was in box?(Urashima-taro didn't know~.) (3)When will the earthquake happen?(We don't know~.) (4)How did the USA become independent?(We learned~.) 答えの意味も含めてお願いします(・・*)

• 高校英語の問題

Donna didn't call me, I couldn't drive her home. =Ih Donna ( )( )me, I could have driven her home. As Tom didn't work hard, he is not rich now. =If Tom ( )( ) hard, he would be rich npw. この書き換え問題がわかりません。 教えてください!

• 中学英語 適する語について

She tried ( find ) her dog, but she couldn't. to find  で合ってますか? よろしくお願いします。

• know what to make out of his questions

He didn't know what to make out of her questions. この文の文意は 彼は彼女の質問を理解できなかった。 彼は彼女の質問に答えられなかった。 どちらが妥当でしょうか? ご教授よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語を日本語に訳してください

英語を日本語に訳してください 中国人です。以下の文、日本語で話したいですが、自然な日本語が話したいです。 でも中国語を理解するのは難しいと思うんで、同じ意味を持ってる英語を日本語に訳しよう。 文: 「Are you with some problem? まさか you even don't know what I want yet?I have told you exactly, I let you not to spread out, that would make both her and I feel shy. But you didn't hear to me, you kept on spreading out. Do you know it is too much hurt to her? Are you still human being? Do you still have conscience!? If you still have coscience, please apologize to her. I will say it again, it is also the last time, I am speaking to you seriously, so don't spread out it any more!」 英語御上手に話す方お願いします。

• rightの意味がわかりません

以下の文におけるrightの意味がいまいちわかりません。 わかる方がいらっしゃったら教えてください。 Woman:Oh,gosh! I didn't know we had to ship those computers today! Man:Year, Mr. Hall said he needed his right after the long weekend. Woman:What am I going to say to him?

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.