• ベストアンサー

rightの意味がわかりません

以下の文におけるrightの意味がいまいちわかりません。 わかる方がいらっしゃったら教えてください。 Woman:Oh,gosh! I didn't know we had to ship those computers today! Man:Year, Mr. Hall said he needed his right after the long weekend. Woman:What am I going to say to him?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

この after は「すぐに」という意味の副詞で,after ~「~の後」を修飾し,「~の後すぐに」という意味になっています。  his は his computer のことでしょう。「長い週末の後すぐに,彼のコンピュータが必要だ」  

PiNMeN
質問者

お礼

なるほど!わかりましたっ。 もやもやしていたので、すごくすっきりしました。 ありがとうございますー。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

>この after は right の誤りです。  his は,Hall 自身のことですので,「自分のコンピュータ」でいいでしょう。

• dan7
  • ベストアンサー率29% (121/417)
回答No.2

直ちにという意味です。 この場合、週末が明けたら直ぐに、つまり、月曜の朝一という意味ですね。

PiNMeN
質問者

お礼

rightは名詞だとばかり思っていました… 解答本当にありがとうございますー

関連するQ&A

• 過去完了について

Man: I heard we're getting new laptops. Does that mean they're going to get rid of our desktop computers? Woman: No, we get to keep those. Man: Oh, good! I'd heard something about tablets instead of laptops. Woman: Right. They were debating it for a while. I'd heardのところはI heardやI've heardではダメなのでしょうか?なぜ過去完了なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ところ所意味がわかりませんお願いします

いつもことらでお世話になっています メールを頂いたのですが 自分でもいろいろ調べて考えましたが ネイティブさんのいうニュアンスがいまいちわからないので 教えてください。 I didn't notice it right away. これはどういうことなんでしょうか In fact,you are my favorite student. 実際あなたはいい生徒ですよってとこでしょうか どのくらいの褒められ加減でいってるの? わたしの 「いい生徒でしょ?」の問いかけの返事です。 そのあとに I always look forward to teaching you! I hope that you keep in touch. I'm going to miss you. ときてます 社交辞令? あと Talk to you later. は see you みたいなものですか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

My son, who I've always felt very close to, has started to call me by my first name. I'm 67 and he's 40. I've always tried to be there for him. I have loved being his mom. He loves to tease me, so I didn't say anything about it for a while, because I knew he would run with it, but I figured he wasn't going to stop so I asked him to please stop calling me by my first name. he would run with itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文法など

I am going to go shopping for my new winter coat this weekend. のmy new のところが変な理由は何でしょうか。 When I saw my friend I ran across a street to talk to her. across a streetのところがおかしい理由は何でしょうか。 She is such a tough teacher.に対して I'll say.という答えが正しいようですが、ピンときません。 Do you need any help? に対してNo, I can do it on my own. なのかNo, I'll do it for myself.なのか。前者が正しいようですが、後者はどうしてだめなのでしょうか。 What a strange dog!に対しては Don't you know it? でしょうか。Its legs are short.でしょうか。前者はitをthatにするべきでしょうか。 Didn't I tell you to close the window?I didn't close the window. No, I didn't.でしょうか。後者のほうが良いのでしょうが、なんとなくそんな気がするだけです。

• be going toにあとに名詞があります

会話文の中で、I heard you`re going to Chicago this weekend.という文で、 going toの後は本来動詞ではないんですか?

• 関係詞についてです!

関係詞の問題を自分で解いてみたのですが、自信がないのでご回答お願いします。 (1)関係代名詞を用いて2文を1文にする問題 Do you know the woman? Our teacher is walking with her. 私は、Do you know the woman who is walking with our teacher.としました。 Judy told me that she was happy then. It was not true. 私は、Judy told me that she was happy then waht was not true.としました。 (2)並び替えて英文を完成させる問題(必要があればコンマを付ける) He didn't(had/she/attention/to/what/said/pay). 私は、He didn't(pay attention to what she had said).としました。 We sent a e-mail to(Bob/we're/to/going/with/whom)stay next weekend. 私は、We sent a e-mail to(Bob whom with we're going to)stay next weekend.としました。 She is planning to (carry/out/nobody/to/a idea/that/agreed). 私は、She is plannning to(carry out a idea that nobody agreed)としました。 I went out for barbecue(bag/cute/looked/very/whose/with/Lisa). 私は、I went out for barbecue(whose looked very cute bag).としました。 長々とすいません。もし間違いがあれば教えていただけると幸いです。 よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Prudence, Recently, flying home from a business trip, the toddler seated on his mother’s lap behind me kicked my chair during the hourlong flight. I’m a mom too, and I know traveling with kids is hard, so I didn’t say anything. After we landed, I stood up to disembark and the woman apologized. I smiled but didn’t say anything; the woman turned to her companion and snapped, “Whatever! Kids are kids!” What’s the right thing to say in that situation? —Airplane Manners Nothing! Glorious nothing. A friendly smile is a totally appropriate response to a casual apology from a stranger. It would have been fine to say something like “I know traveling with kids is hard, it’s no problem,” but you were under no obligation to do anything other than politely acknowledge her apology. It sounds like this woman was more than a little on edge already, and you shouldn’t think your silent smile was the last straw that forced her over it. 最後のover itのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の書き換え問題

I looked for a word to say to her, butI couldn't find it.を ほぼ同じ意味の文に変えるとき、 I didn't know how to say to her. と I didn't know what to say to her. 上の2つの文はほぼ同じような意味になるでしょうか? 学校のテストで出た場合、両方とも丸でしょうか?

• この文の意味を教えてください。

このメールの意味がわからなくて困っています。このような訳もわからなくって恥ずかしいです。よろしくお願いします。 What I meant to say is that, if I end up only correcting sentences on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I'm willing to do around 12 on each of those days.

• 英語が得意な方英語に翻訳して下さい_(>_<)_

then I said hi but you didn't say anythingに、 『何を言えばいいの? どう会話をはじめたらいいのか英語だとわからない。英語で話すことに疲れてきた』と言いたいです。 『』は英語でなんといいますか?