• ベストアンサー

英訳お願いします。

簡単ですみません。ネイティブの方の言いまわしでお願いします。 ”テレビをつけっぱなしで寝るな!!”と言いたいんですけど、 ”Don't sleep because it's(you're) leaving the TV on. アホなんでこんなんしか浮かびません。 簡単だけど、あなたのお薦めのテクニックなんかあれば教えてください。お願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ohboy729
  • ベストアンサー率41% (244/589)
回答No.4

Turn off (the) TV before going to ded .( before:前置詞 ) Turn off (the) TV bofore you go to bed .( before:接続詞 ) * go to bed の方が「(支度して)寝る」という行動で  fall asleepは「眠りに落ちる=寝入る」の生理現象の感じかな Be sure to/Never fail to/Don't fail toなどの「必ず-しなさい」を文の前に付けてもいいと思います。 Be sure to turn off (the) TV before going to ded . ●付帯状況の前置詞 withですが [ with A = B ]という形で「AをBのままにして、状態で」を参考に書いておきます。  She sat there with her hair waving.( hair = waving) (彼女は髪をなびかせながらそこに座っていた。) She sat there with her eyes closed.( eyes = closed) (彼女は目を閉じたままでそこに座っていた。) She sat there with her arms folded.( arms = folded) (彼女は腕を組んだままでそこに座っていた。) Don't enter the room with your shoes on.( shoes = on ) (靴を履いたままでその部屋に入るな) これを使えばNo.1さんの文ですね。 Don't sleep with the TV on!

biggy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!! アホなんで、説明書きが凄く参考になりました!! 例文も沢山書いて頂いて、感激しております。 投稿してくださった皆様、本当に有難うございました!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

• mryokko
  • ベストアンサー率20% (69/337)
回答No.3

#1さんのお答えのような内容が真っ先に頭に浮かびましたが、#2さんのご回答で目から鱗です!!! そうですね、この場合「眠るな」でなく「つけっぱなしにするな」=「消せ」に重点がありますもんね。 今日も勉強になりました。

biggy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!! 英語では重点を何に置くかが大切なんですね!! それを肝に銘じて勉強していきます!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.2

「つけっぱなしで寝るな」とは少し違うかもしれませんが、普通は、 Turn off the TV before you fall asleep. のように言うんじゃないでしょうか。 要するに「テレビを消せ」ということで、「寝るな」と言いたいわけじゃないですもんね。

biggy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!! ”寝る前にテレビを消せ”と言うことですね!! なるほど。いい勉強になりました!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

Don't sleep with the TV on! …これでいいのはず。

biggy
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!! シンプルでいいですねぇ!! 使わせていただきます!!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 This weekend I went shopping for clothes ... maybe you like that ... but I'm not really enjoying it. It's too difficult, too many choices. And suppose I choose something other people don't like ... Anyway I'm finished now and I have what I I need to have. Hmmm Italian food. Do you like Italian food a lot? As for the chopsticks ... it's not really strange for me. Personally I use chopsticks to cook pasta. It's easy to stir and take some spaghetti out to see if it's cooked enough. But eating ... I use fork :)But when I went to an Italian restaurant in Osaka they also gave chopsticks. Can you eat pasta with a fork? Or you think it's easier with chopsticks? Don't worry ... we won't be having pasta when you're in Belgium. About the chili oil. It's me that needs to thank you. You gave it to me and you introduced me to this chili oil. It's really nice on salad. Without you I would never know it can be so nice. If you bring some to Belgium you can bring your favorite brand. It doesn't need to be specifically this one. I like to know what you like. Don't worry if it's spicy ... I can take very spicy food. But are you sure it's not too much trouble? ... maybe you don't like it. Actually it looks more like what a horse would eat ... hahaha. You can try ... but we should have something more authentic (Belgian) for you. And also as a backup ... because I really don't think you will like it :)

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 Oh last Friday I went to the super market and I took some pictures of viennoiserie. They don't look very nice since it's only from the super market. But it should give you an idea what it is. It's quite nice. Many people were looking at me thinking ... "why is he taking pictures of viennoiserie?" ... Of course they don't know that I'm taking pictures for my cute ●●:) Are you sure it's not too much trouble to bring a hair dryer? I don't know anything about hair dryers. Maybe you could teach me what's a good one when you're here, ok? If you wouldn't have enough space or it it would be too troublesome I can just get one. But I want to get a good one ... because I don't want your hair to catch fire or something :) Grrr .. time for me to go to work. In my case it's a little bit the opposite ... I keep thinking of you instead of my work. I don't think anyone can blame me ...after all you're sooo pretty. I hope those 3 weeks will pass very quickly and I can come and pick you up at the airport!

• off the strip

If for some reason when you visit Sin City, you don't want to stay in one of the hotels on the Strip because it's too crazy, you're too cool, or you have been booted by security at every strip hotel, you might want to try one of these hotels off the Strip. On/Off the stripとはどういう意味でしょうか?

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Don't Turn Around と言う曲なのですが 和訳をお願いします。 (Spoken) I will survive without you... Don't tell me that you wanna leave... Whoa whoa whoa whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa If you wanna leave I won't beg you to stay And if you gotta go, darling Maybe it's better that way I'm gonna be strong I'm gonna do fine Don't worry about this heart of mine (Spoken) Walk out that door See if I care Go on and go, but Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go But I won't let you know... I won't let you know. Whoa whoa whoa whoa Whoa whoa whoa whoa I won't miss your arms around me Holding me tight (Holding me tight) And if you ever think about me Just know that I'll be alright (I'll be alright) I'm gonna be strong I'm gonna do fine Don't worry about this heart of mine (Spoken) I will survive I'll make it through I'll even learn to live without you Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go But I won't let you know... I wish I could scream out loud That I love you, I wish I could say to you Don't go........ (Spoken) As he walks away He feels the pain getting strong People in your life They don't know what's going on Too proud to turn around He's gone Don't turn around 'Cause you're gonna see my heart breaking Don't turn around I don't want you seeing me cry Just walk away It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go, Baby don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Just walk away Whoa whoa whoa whoa It's tearing me apart that you're leaving I'm letting you go Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Don't turn around Whoa whoa whoa whoa Just walk away Whoa whoa whoa whoa

• 英訳お願いします

ネイティブとの会話です。 会う会わないともめてた前後のメールです。 なんだかショックでうまく訳せないのでよろしくお願いします。 (1) 私:今日本当に私と会いたいの? 相手:Every time I ask you where to meet or anything that would actually result in meeting we get back here. We should have moved on from whether we want to meet a week ago, but here we are. I guess I feel like you're trying to trap me into something when I don't know you. (2) 私:昨日私と会いたくなかったのを知っている 相手:It's not like I never wanted to meet up you just ask me if I "really" want to. I'm not like dying to, I just thought it could be fun but you pressurize it :( (3) 私:だからやっぱり私と会いたくなかったんだ 相手:You're accusing me of "not wanting to" when I told you I wouldn't know what I thought except in person. 英語に詳しい方のみ回答をよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳おねがいします

1.”What's that song you're listening to?"  ”You don't know? It's 'Yesterday' by the Beatles. You must've heard it before!” 2.I couldn't help worrying about her health because she looked pale.

• rabbit hole

Today, nothing is going right. You receive disappointing news. You’re late to work, of course, after spilling coffee all over your clothes. You didn’t get much sleep because you’re thinking of everything you needed to do yesterday. You’re also late paying your bills. You pick a fight with your partner. The rain pounding on the pavement feels like it’s pounding directly on your head. You fall down the Facebook rabbit hole, and don’t emerge until an hour—let’s be honest, several hours—later. https://psychcentral.com/blog/when-youre-having-a-hard-day/ fall down the Facebook rabbit holeはどのような意味でしょうか?(以前似たような質問をしたのですが、見返しても分かりませんでした) よろしくお願いします

• 和訳、英訳の追記お願いいたします

SPS700さま、回答ありがとうございました。追記がありましたので、投稿しなおします。 私が彼に Do you not want to contact me? I don't mean to bother you, so I'll stop keeping in touch with you と聞いたら彼から It's difficult You're a great person But I'm still in a relationship と返事がきました。彼はにはまだ彼女がいて中々、別れられない状況なのも知っています! 彼は今後つきあっていくのが、難しいと思い、OK,分かった!Please delete by blocking my lineと送ったら oh really?と返事が来たのでbecause I think that I contact you again…と返しました。その後はまだ返信がありません。 もう連絡出来ないなら、really?なんていわず、OK~とかの返事ではないのですか?

• 英訳ができません

(   )の中をうめてください。 (1)トムってネコなの? (     )Tom cats? (2)でも、テレビでその番組を見ることはできるの? But(     )we watch the program on TV? (3)昨夜テレビでそのドラマを見るのは楽しかった? Did you enjoy(     )that drama on TV last night?

• 英訳 〇〇のためだったら

いつもありがとうございます。 下記の英訳の言い回しについてわからなかったので教えていただけませんでしょうか。 また、私が辞書を引いて訳した英訳に違和感がありましたら、自然な文章をご教授いただけたらうれしいです。 1.あなたのこともっと知りたい。 I want to know more. 2.あなたのためだったら何でも勉強できる。 If it's for you, I can study anything. もしくは I'll study anything to help you out. →「〇〇のためだったら」って、どのように書くとよいかわかりませんでした。 ご教授いただけるとうれしいです。 3.いっぱいあって何からやっていいかわからない。 There are a lot things I want to study for you, I don't know where to start study.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Win DVDですが,DyanbookのWindows11のPCで再生しようとすると,「現在のディスプレイドライバを使用した再生はサポートはサポートされていません。適切なディスプレイドライバにアップロードしてください。」と表示されます。
  • 購入したばかりのLOGITECのブルーレイプレイヤーをWin DVDで再生しようとすると、DyanbookのWindows11のPCでは再生できません。
  • エレコム株式会社の製品であるLOGITECのブルーレイプレイヤーを、DyanbookのWindows11のPCで再生しようとすると、ディスプレイドライバの適合性の問題が発生し再生ができません。
回答を見る