• ベストアンサー

不自然と言われた英語の文章を直してみましたが、、、教えてください。

ネイティブの人に英語が不自然と言われましたが、どこがいけないかは教えてもらえません。直してみました。文法面と自然さからのコメントをいただければ幸いです 原意:新生児期のリンパ浮腫としてはターナー症候群に見られるものがよく知られているが、それらは数週間で自然に消退する。  A well known lymphedema in the neonatal period is seen in infants with Turner syndrome, but lymphedema in these infants disappears naturally in several weeks. 2つ作ってみましたが、But は不適切かなとも思います。 1)Lymphedema in neonatal period is often seen in the babies with Turner Syndrome, but the lymphedema in this syndrome naturally disappears in several weeks. 2)As for lymphedema in neonatal period, the one observed in Turner syndrome is well known. But lymphedema seen in this syndrome usually disappears in a natural course. 原意;(子どもだけはなく)母にもリンパ浮腫があったが、(珍しいことに)それは左足に限局していた。 The mother also had lymphedema, but swelling was limited to her left foot. これも日本語の「が」に引きずられて 「but」としないほうが良いでしょうか。 The mother also had lymphedema, and it was limited to her left foot. 長い距離を歩くと必ず左足が痛くなる、特に熱い季節にはそうであると彼女は述べた。 She reported that she felt an ache in her left foot each time after going for long walk, especially in the hot weather. each time after は何か変に感じるので直してみました →She mentioned that she always had a pain in her left foot after a long walk, especially in a hot season. ネイティブか英語に慣れた方のコメントをもらえれば嬉しいです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

医学系の知識は乏しいですが、わかる範囲で回答してみます: まず最初の「新生児期のリンパ浮腫としてはターナー症候群に見られるものがよく知られているが、それらは数週間で自然に消退する。」での日本語の「が」の使われ方は、逆説ではなく、トピック導入のためですね。ですから、逆説のbutを入れるのは不自然です。 作成されたものの中では、1)の方がいいと思います。直すとすれば、Lymphedema in neonatal period is often seen (またはobserved?分野でよく用いられている方の単語を使ってください)in the babies with Turner Syndrome. In this syndrome, it usually disappears in several weeks. くらいでしょうか。 次のものも、butを入れるかどうかはbutの前後、そしてこの文の前で書かれていることとこの文の関係が逆説関係にあるかどうかを考えなくてはなりません。 原意;(子どもだけはなく)母にもリンパ浮腫があったが、(珍しいことに)それは左足に限局していた。 ↑この文が、「(子どもは随分ひどいリンパ浮腫だったが)母親はそうでもなかった」という意図なのであればbutを使っても不自然ではありません。その場合、おそらくネイティブの方はlimitedという単語が使われているのがおかしいと感じたのだと思います。limitは意思的・状況的に限りがある、という意味ですから、病気や症状のような制限の効かないものには使われません。 The mother also had lymphedema, but the swelling appeared only in her left foot. のようになるかと思います。 また、子どもと母の症状を対比するのではなく、母の症状を単に紹介するだけでしたら、The mother also had lymphedema in her left foot (, which was a rare case←「珍しい」という情報が必要なのであれば、の話ですが). で良いと思います。 3つめの文は、直されたもので十分だと思います。 一助になれば幸いです。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#122289
noname#122289
回答No.2

(1)で不自然な感じがするのは、lymphedemaという単語が2度使われていることです。英文では短文中での同じ単語の繰り返しは嫌われるので、2回目のlymphedemaを別の表現に換えるとすっきりします。代名詞のitにするとあいまいなのでここは"the symptom"としてはいかがですか。 in ~ の前置詞句が多くて文の主語が頭でっかちな割には動詞がis seenと弱いのも不自然さの原因です。1単語に置換できる前置詞句はなるべく短い方を採用しましょう。 Neonatal lymphedema is a well known complication of Turner syndrome infants. The symptom usually disappears in several weeks in its natural course. 原文の「自然に」というのは「特に治療しなくても」という意味ですね。naturallyだと読み飛ばされる可能性大なのでここは少し重みのある句にしました。 "~ syndrome infants"、"neonatal lymphedema" という表現はネット検索しても沢山出てきますから通用すると思います。 (2)はworkaholicさんのお答えの通りだと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳を教えてください。

She had never met Peter Bacon before, but after he had listened to her presentation about her products he was convinced that the new shampoo would become a big hit.

• 英語教科書pro-vision1について質問です

英語教科書provision1のp18 11行目の英文なんですが One day, I took my cane and walked down there after she left. とあります なぜafter she had left ではなくafter she leftなのかよく分かりません どなたか教えてもらえませんでしょうか

• 英語の文章でわからないところがあります

This may have been the sort of life Janet Adkins feared when she lay in her car and pressed the button that released lethal drugs into her body. 前文に「アルツハイマーの患者は症状が進行すると、本当に死にたいときにはもう 自殺する気力がなくて地獄だというような内容の文があってのThisです。 このwhenっておかしくないでしょうか?「~するときに、これはジャネット・ アドキンが恐れた生活だった」で良いんですか?下のようにすれば意味が通じると 思うのですが・・・。 Because this may have been the sort of life Janet Adkins feared, she lay in her car and pressed the button that released lethal drugs into her body. これだと「アルツハイマーが恐かったから致死薬が放たれるボタンをおす」のようになって意味が通じますよね?それに対して初めの文はどのように考えればよいのでしょうか? それと、続きの文なのですが、 Mrs. Adkin's doctor believe she had years to go before her self disappeard into the swamp of Altzheimer's. このhad years to go っていうのは何かのイディオム表現ですか?辞書には載ってないのですが・・・。それとher self disappeard into the swamp of Altzheimer'sはher selfが主語ですよね?her selfってherselfっといっしょですか?herselfは主語になれないはずだけど、これはどう考えればよいのでしょうか? 長文すみません。誰かお願いします。

• too far along

My daughter left her husband, and now wants to abort what had been a wanted pregnancy. She is too far along to terminate in our state, but she could get it done elsewhere. She is too far along to terminateはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語教科書の和訳です

英語教科書の和訳です。 一部分だけなので、文章の流れがよくわかりません。 A young man, a long scarf twisted around his neck, was standing outside the Curzon cinema, his muscular body supported on an umbrella that seemed on the point of snapping beneath his weight. It was not the young man seen in the train that evening but this one, too, had gazed at her on some occasion in the recent past, though she could not remember when or where. Now, too, he gazed at her as she passed: first at her legs, then at her face, then at her breast. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? For a moment she did so; and as she paused, the man himself straightened and began to wander over. But then, with a shake, she hurried on. Surprised, she realized that so far from this possible encounter filling her excitement, it had caused in her a jolting kind of strong disgust. 1. 最後の文ですが、 驚いたことに、この偶然の出会いが彼女の興奮を満たすよりむしろ、衝撃的な嫌悪感を彼女の中に引き起こした。 というような訳になるのでしょうか。 日本語らしくするのは、どのような訳がよいのでしょうか。 2. 構文は分詞構文でしょうか。 3. she realized that ~ ~を思い出した、でしょうか。 4. Should she stop, making the photographs on display outside the cinema her excuse? の訳は、写真を撮ることを言い訳にして、彼女は止めさせるべきでしょうか。 となるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語についての質問です。

英語についての質問です。 I asked Hanako some question few weeks ago. She had visited America with her friends. She always stayed at a hotel. But she living her home stay family's house. She living in a foreign country for the first time now. 私は数週間前花子にいくつかの質問をしました。彼女はアメリカに訪れた事があります。彼女はいつもホテルに滞在します。しかし、彼女は今、ホームステイファミリーの家に住んでいます。彼女が外国の国に住むのは、今が始めてです。 上記のような日本語を英語をにしたいのですがあってますか?^^;

• 訳してください。お願いします。

I'm as happy as I've ever been," said Ryoko when she got her second gold medal in Athens. About a month before the olympic Games, she hurt her left foot during traning. She could not walk at all. For a week she needed help even to go to the bathroom. Befor leaving for Athens she said, “I will fight even if my left foot doesn't work. I still have two hands and one good foot."

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• 英訳添削願・English translation

Again a victim of SGI has occurred. American singer Tina Turner became a member of the Japanese religion "SGI (Soka Gakkai International)" with the introduction of a friend in 1971. After becoming a member of SGI, she and her family were released from misery and became happy. However, SGI has changed to heresy Buddhism. Since then, most SGI members have become gradually unhappy. And in July 2018, her son committed suicide. It seems that she and her family did not know that SGI had changed to heresy Buddhism.

• 英語の文章と日本語訳があります。和訳は正しいですか

The same holds true for large houses and palaces in Europe, in which even the occupants have not see n all of the rooms. My French tutor, whose family was of aristocratic lineage, once showed me a picture of the chateau in the French countryside where he had grown up. It was in the middle of a large estate and had something like 21 rooms. His mother lived there all alone after her nine children had moved away. It was partly because of consciousness of her aristocratic heritage that she remained alone in that massive house. 和訳 借り手が全部の部屋を見ることがないとしても、ヨーロッパの大きな家や宮殿についても同じことが言えます。家族が貴族の家柄である私のフランス語の家庭教師は、以前彼が生まれ育ったフランスの田舎にある大邸宅の写真を見せてくれました。それは広大な私有地の真ん中にあり、21室かそのぐらいの部屋数でした。彼の母親は9人の子供がそこから巣立ったのち、完全に一人だけでそこに住んでいました。そんなとてもなく大きな家に一人だけで残った理由の一端は、彼女が親から譲り受けた貴族としての意識でした。