• ベストアンサー

英語を勉強しているのですが、itやjustなど

付けるタイミングが分からなくて困っています。 例 Is it OK if I just watch today. You have to open it by hand. など。他にもasとかoneとかどういう場面で付けるべきなのか分からないものがいろいろあります。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 例として挙げられている文例、 ① Is it OK if I just watch today. ② You have to open it by hand. は、少し補充をしないと説明しにくいので、ちょっとだけ変更させていたきますね。 ①' Is it OK if I just watch today's game?  「ちょっと今日のゲームを見てもいいですか?」 ②' This door is not automatic. You have to open it by hand.  「このドアは自動ではありません。手動で開けなければなりません。」 ①' の itは「形式主語」で、 if I just watch today's game全体を受けています。後に出てくる語句を受けるので「後方 照応」といいます。また、 justは「ちょっと」という意味の副詞で、直後の動詞watchを修飾しています:「ちょっと見る」。ということで、この文を直訳すれば、こうなります。「もし私が今日のゲームをちょっと見るとしたら、それはいいですか?」 ②' のit は、先行文の This door を受けています。前に出てきた語句を受けるので「前方 照応」といいます。ということで、この文を直訳すれば、こうなります。「このドアは自動ではありません。あなたはそれを手によって開けなければなりません。」 以上から、itやjustの使い方はこうなります。 《Itは代名詞として、名詞・名詞句・名詞節を受ける。単独の名詞を受ける場合、その名詞はitより前にあることが多く、名詞句や名詞節を受ける場合はitより後にあることが多い。また、justは副詞として通常、動詞・形容詞・他の副詞を修飾する。多くの場合、それが修飾する語句の直前に置かれる。》

jotaro_001
質問者

お礼

分かりやすい解説ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#258941
noname#258941
回答No.1

すみません、せっかく具体例を挙げている所申し訳ありませんが、質問の内容が抽象的すぎて答えにくくて・・・。 失礼ですが、中学校での英語は勉強された上での質問でしょうか? それと、一文目ですが何の参考書から引っ張ってきた文章ですか? それともご自分で考えた文章でしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• I'll have it to you.の意味

TOEIC の会話文で、 I'd appreciate it if you could have done it by tomorrow morning. に対し、 I'll have it to you before you leave the office tonight.(退社するまでに「お渡しします。」) と応答。 その場合の'have it to you'のhaveの意味は何ですか。「取る」は知っていますが、 「渡す(=hand,give)」の意味もあるのですか。

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Nice to hear from you! Thank you for your tips for the hostels. I have a (strange) question for you. Is it possible to sleep with you for one or two nights? Tomorrow we are leaving Kyoto by bike and I don't know which hostel to choose. Maybe you're open to keep us one or two nights in our house so we can have some time to search for a good hostel? If you don't feel comfortable with you, just say that and we can find a hostel today.

• 英語の翻訳をお願します

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 m(_ _)m Hi I was wondering if you had to open the boxes to find the serial number and if the watches are still 100% perfect sealed in the plastic and untouched because I have bought them as a collection piece with perfect white cardboard outer package etc... and if you have another one I may also buy that but how much discount can I have this time?

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。税関に関する内容だと思います。

税関関係です。 宜しくお願いします。 I do not know how the paper work for import was recorded for import by you, but if the import paper work that was sent did NOT designate the hand bag as a sale, the invoice could be written up as a "gift" valued at $70 with the description as used & in need of repair. If the paperwork that was submitted already had the hand bag as a "sale", the invoice would not be able to be changed to a "gift". As a "gift" invoice, you would not have to provide a proof of sale price, but if it was recorded as a "sale" it would not be possible to send it as a "gift" valued at $70.

• この英語を日本語に

訳してもらえませんか? 私は英語が出来なくて 辞書とかで調べても さっぱりわかりません なので分かる方教えてください。 You that I have only you who is the dearest who should love I will swear that I love you as long as it is alive. I want you to wait... offering one's hand.... until the moment please me you when transmitting. this desire この3つです。 お願いします

• it to構文の主語

「この時計壊れいるな。 直した方がいい」で 解答では Something is wrong this watch. It is better to have it fixed. となっているのですが。 It is better to have it fixed. で意味上の主語がなくて誰がhave it fixedするのかわからないので It is better for you to have it fixed. などにしなくてもいいのでしょうか?

• 英語のHow~について

中3です。 英文法で How far is it to your house? というのが出てきたのですが How much does it cost you to buy this box? というのもあります。 この文の中で、How muchの後に is it とdoes it があるのですが、なぜ違うのでしょうか。 お願いします。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。

英語の翻訳をお願いします。 ネットでカメラを販売しているのですが、海外の方から来たメールです。 I'm sorry. I wish you knew for sure. I need to buy this today. Let me know if for sure it has no stickiness. Same with the other f100 you're selling. I'll send you a separate message to keep it tied to each unit. Some sellers do have them with no stickiness, but I wish I could buy this one with the battery holder. However the stickiness, even if almost no, would be a deal braker. Thanks again for your time. どうか、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語について

Hello. I finished today's plan. (今日の予定は終わりました) If you have time today, could you take me to the market? (もしお手すきでしたら、マーケットに連れて行っていただけないでしょうか?) If you don't have time today, whenever is fine. (もし忙しいのであればいつでも大丈夫です) Thank you for your support. (あなたのサポートに感謝します) こちらの文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします

• 英語に堪能な方お願いします

次の英語の( )に当てはまる適切な語句を [ ] から選んで教えてください 1.If it ( ) Sunday today , I would be able to go out with you. [was/were/is] 2.John could have finished the project on time , if he ( ) been sick in bed. [wouldn't have/hadn't/haven't] 3.If it ( ) rain tomorrow , we will cancel the school trip. [should/will/could] 4.Michael is the ( ) the five boys in this picture. [taller than/ tallest of/most tall in] 5.( ) you improve your per formance , we will have tolet you go. [unless/supposing/if] 6.This parcel is ( ) the one you brought tothe post office yesterday. [more heavy than/more] heavier of/heavier than/the heaviest of 7.The average number of sales per salesperson this year is twice ( ) last year's. [as more than/ as much as/so much more/so many as] 8.The synthetic material our company developed is ( ) in quality to any existing water proof cotton. [inferior/superior/better/as good as] 9.Onece you know how to ( ) your new PC , words will open up to you. [make most useful /act best with/make the best use of/use well] 10.due to the heavy snow storm , we arrived late and were only able to take part in the ( ) half of the meeting. [latest / former/ later /latter ] 11.If you got to know him better, you ( ) to like him better , too. [would come/ will comet/coud have come/can come] 12.I wish you ( ) me about this matter before submitting your report. [had called on/ call on /will call on / calling on] 13.( ) the project gets done by tomorrow , you can take afew days off. [should/in case of/because/provided] 14.( ) it rain tomorrow , we will have to hold the company picnic in the activities center. [although/if/should/would] 15.( ) your timely advice , our company would have been deceived and gotten into serious trouble. [had it not been for /if we haven't had /was it not for/ if we don't have]