• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

gaslighter

I recently ran into an old friend I ceased contact with when I found out my then-partner had once cheated on me with her. I was young, there was a huge age difference, and he was a classic gaslighter. She was even younger—and he put all the blame on her. Now I know he probably took advantage of her in the same way he did me. Since our awkward run-in as adults recently, I’ve considered reaching out—mostly to acknowledge what happened and offer to set the facts to rights, if she wants. gaslighterとset the facts to rightsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 回答数1
  • 閲覧数164
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2667/3937)

"gaslighter" 「自分の利益の為に人を精神的に追い詰め、その人の心を巧みに操る人」 ー 「ガス燈(原題:Gas Light)」という映画から [ご参考]: https://www.weblio.jp/content/gaslighting "set the facts to rights" 「あったこと(事実)を清算する」

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• どんな内容か教えてください。お願いします!

He was used to her being silent. But this silence went on and on and on. She was just staring into the garden. After a time,she said,in her precise conversational tone, "The only thing I want,the only thing I want at all in this world,is to see that boy." She stared at the garden and he stared with her,until the grass began to dance with empty light,and the edges of the shrubbery wavered. For a brief moment he shared the strain of not seeing the boy.Then she gave a little sigh,sat down,neatly as always,and passed out at his feet. After this she became,for her,voluble. He didn't move her after she fainted,but sat patiently by her,until she stirred and sat up;then he fetched her some water,and would have gone away,but she talked.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• hard pass

I recently asked a friend out after she’d broken up with her boyfriend. It was a hard pass on her part: no gray areas, definitely not going to happen. hard passとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

Once upon a time a daughter complained to her father that her life was miserable and that she didn’t know how she was going to make it. She was tired of fighting and struggling all the time. It seemed just as one problem was solved, another one soon followed. Her father, a chef, took her to the kitchen. He filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Once the three pots began to boil, he placed potatoes in one pot, eggs in the second pot, and ground coffee beans in the third pot. He then let them sit and boil, without saying a word to his daughter. The daughter, moaned and impatiently waited, wondering what he was doing. After twenty minutes he turned off the burners. He took the potatoes out of the pot and placed them in a bowl. He pulled the boiled eggs out and placed them in a bowl. He then ladled the coffee out and placed it in a cup. Turning to her he asked. “Daughter, what do you see?” “Potatoes, eggs, and coffee,” she hastily replied. “Look closer,” he said, “and touch the potatoes.” She did and noted that they were soft. He then asked her to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg. Finally, he asked her to sip the coffee. Its rich aroma brought a smile to her face. high fireとladled the coffee outとpulling off the shellの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• この英文は日本語で何と訳せばいいでしょうか?

She was a great globe-trotter, and her conversations were incongruously seasoned with references to far-fetched places. She would go along for days without opening her mouth, prowling through the corridor with her hands in the pockets of her jacket and her face locked in meditation. Then suddenly she would buttonhole Mr.Brook and launch out on a long, volatile monologue, her eyes reckless and bright and her voice warm with eagerness. 長くてすみません(/_;) 自分だとどうしても自然な日本語にできなくて・・・ 英語に堪能な方よろしくお願いいたします(>_<)

• 和訳、できれば文法的説明もお願いします

She looked up as she heard his footsteps, and the gracious smile which her lips put on, was an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her. But he resisted the blandishment, and lifting his hat as he passed, with a smile in return, he soon disappeared from her presence, and joined the two who awaited him. 上の文の和訳をお願いします。 the gracious smile which her lips put on (彼女の唇がおいた優しい笑顔・・・?) an invitation to make himself happy in a seat beside her 等々よくわからないのです。

• 英語の文書の書き換え問題を教えてください

(1)She lays her baby down on the bed.  Her baby(     )(     )(     ) on the bed by her. (2)Can you see the mountain over there? That' Mt.Akagi.  The mountain (     )can(     )(     ) over there is Mt.Akagi.. (3)Tom was born in New York,and grew up there. Tom (     )(     ) and (     )in New York. (4)Her mother didn't allow her to go out at night at all.  She was (     )allowed to go out at night . (5)When I came home,my mother was talking with my brother?  My brother (     )(     )(     )by my mother,when I came home. (6)彼は新しい車に歓喜した。  He (     )(     )(     )the new car. (7)朝食にはご飯を食べますか?それともパンを食べますか?  (     ) is (     )for breakfast ,rice or bread?                   以上、よろしくお願いします。

• First Amendment rights

Several families recently moved into our neighborhood ahead of the new school year. My 7 year-old son loves playing with the boy next door.. He is also 7 and just moved in. I was shocked on Sunday when the neighbor boy began using profanity in our backyard. When I told his mother about it on Monday, she said she encourages her kids to use profanity because she doesn’t want to stifle their First Amendment rights or creativity. stifle their First Amendment rights とはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

They really need her to come clean with anything else she knows about Phillip . I told her Phillip is not the man he portrayed himself to be . He never was . He used his con game for his first victim and then again on Katie Calloway , the victim he was in prison for before he kidnapped me . It's always been about what's best for him . All those times he would say the angels protected him that day that he took me from hill never once did he even think that I was the one in need of protection that day . I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she splits and other things , all for her husband ? She said she hoped one day that my mom could forgive her , and I said I wouldn't hold out for that . ある本の中の一節で、三箇所抜き出しました。わからないので、訳を教えてください。お願いします。

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。