• ベストアンサー

英語の訳がわかりません

Regarding the talented Mary, Tom wrote to Smith in March that ‘thus, joyless and friendless, I should pass my days, did not Mary visit me now and again and turn on me a ray of those sweet days of the past’. なぜ did not の後に名前がきているのでしょうか? 英語に詳しい方、回答よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9723/12095)
回答No.1

>なぜ did not の後に名前がきているのでしょうか? ⇒本来はMary did not Mary visit meですが、否定「訪ねてくれなかった」を強調するために did not Mary visit meとしたわけです。つまり、強調のための「倒置構文」です。 なお、全文や訳せばこうなります。 「才能のあるメアリーについて、3月のころトムはスミス宛にこう書いた。『こうして私は、日々をわびしく孤独に過ごしたのに、メアリーは今度も私を再訪してくれず、あの過去の甘い日々の光の輝きが、私の上に戻ってくることはなかったのです』。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の問題教えてください。

同じ意味になるように( )に一語入れてください。 よろしくお願いします。 He did not go to school that day. He was( )( )school that day. Mary has not written to me since 1987. I have not ( )( )Mary since 1987. This dictionary is mine. This dictionary( )( )me. The heavy snow prevented me from coming on time. I could not come on time ( )of the heavy snow The news filled me with joy. I was( )of joy( )the news.

• 英語の質問

Jane and Jonathan play softball well. Tom and Jill do not speak Chinese. これはなぜ Jane and Mary play(s) tennis ~ Tom and Jim do(es) not speak ~ などのようにsがつかないのでしょうか?? 分かりやすく説明いただけるとありがたいです。

• 英語の訳

The situation with L lines and other lines from outer shell ionizations is not as satisfactory and the significance of this in X-ray microprobe analysis is discussed in Chapter 6. X線関連の話しで、L lines は L軌道、 X-ray microprobe analysisは固有名詞なのでX線マイクロプローブ分析でいいと思います。特に前半はwith,from,asがうまく訳せません。また、X-ray microprobe analysis の前のinもよく分かりません。 分かる方がいらしたら教えてください。

• 英語の訳おねがいします!福大過去問です

The view of the world below from the top of a mountain on a sunny day is very clear. We can easily identify the surrounding mountains, the valleys and rivers,the towns, farms and forests. The historian who writes of the distant past can view that world from which historians of the modern era can look over the recent past. Indeed, they often feel like a man lost in the forest: he can see the trees, but not the forest as a whole. すみません><おねがいしますm(__)m

• 英語の訳と和訳の正誤

訳と文章についての説明が欲しいです。 We have to consider it not, like the experts, in all its complicated detail but in its simpler outlines. And the picture I find emerging from these outlines is far from reassering. notが突然現れていて、こんな場所においていいのかなーと悩んでいます。 not~but~っていう構文なのかと思うんですが、でもnotの位置に釈然としません。 二行目のfind emerging もなんだかよく分かりません。感覚の動詞なら、find 感覚動詞で いいと覚えていたんですが、emergeは問題が表れる、で感覚動詞じゃないので、悩んでます。 I am speaking now not of the industrial revolution that has been with us for the past two hundred years, but more precisely of technological revolution that has taken place in little more than the past twenty years. これも突然notが入っていて混乱しています。 また、in little more than っていうのが、よく分かりません。 この辺りを教えてもらいたいです。 They found themselves cut off form the soil. 彼らは土からきりはなされたことがわかった。でいいんでしょうか? The progress of the past two centuries, and still more of the past two millannia, seems to have gone at a mere snail`s pace by comparison. milleniaはmilleniamsの誤植かなぁと思っています。 訳があっているか知りたいです。 「過去2世紀の進化は、まして過去2千年の進化と比較すれば、まったくのろのろとしているように見える」 どうでしょうか? Thus more people are assisting the city to send forth its greedy tentacles into the country. これは訳を教えてもらいたいです。 主語、動詞は分かるんですが、the city to send forth its greedy tentacles into the countryの部分が 難しくて分かりません。 おねがいします。

• 英語の訳、お願いします。

至急お願いします。 誰か訳して下さい。 why did you wait so long to tell me I asked you before what you wanted to do and it lead up all the way here because both of us can't communicate so well being with you this summer my feelings for you grew day by day but this relationship is just a pause to me .. yea my love was real too .. i am going to miss my 2013 summer with you .. i dont know why the whole time we talked about the things we did.. but it was an encounter and an experience, because it was with you. thanks babe

• 英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇ Eventually in a friendship one can begin to take small services for granted - the loan of a dress, a phone call to find out vital information - but no one expects a real sacrifice. No matter how desperately my friend might need a babysitter, she would never ask me to miss a day's work to take care of her child. I have sometimes been very confused when foreign friends did remarkable things for me - drove me great distances or took the subway to the airport to meet me. Such things are not in our vocabulary, and I find it difficult to respond. For the average American, the feeling of being indebted is practically a physical pain. When a neighbor had to store some things in my freezer after hers broke down, she could not rest until she had made me a special dinner. I rescued another neighbor's runaway dog, and she brought me a cake. In point of fact, most of us are human and like to be helpful and would not mind receiving only thanks for a good deed. It is not a coincidence that the only person on our block who borrows our garden tools was born in trinidad. We are delighted to loan them, but our other neighbors would rather buy their own, even if it means spendng a lot for something they use once a year.

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 英文の訳をお願いします

However, data regarding suspected cases also indicate a peak in late April 2009, and delays from case identification to reporting have decreased to a median of <2 days. and以下がわかりません…

• 訳お願いします

He's mad, but he's not stupid. I'll leave him now, and send my daughter to him. My Lord, I must go now. Goodbay. Stupid old man! My dearest Lord! My dear friends, how are you both? What brings you to Elsinore? We came to visit you, my Lord. Was this your idea, or did someone ask you to come? What do you mean, my Lord? The King and Queen wrote to you, didn't they? Yes, my Lord. And I can tell you why. During the last few days, I've felt very strange. The world has lost all meaning. Nothing seems beautiful. Men can't please me and women can't either. My Lord, we didn't know. お願いいたします。