• ベストアンサー

英語の質問です!!

Mary joined Aki`s class as a one-year exchange student from Boston.She was cheerful and quickly blended in with her classmates.Aki, the volleyball club captain, learned that Mary played volleyball,so she took her to practice.After practice,Aki said to Mary,`We`re lucky to have such a good player as you.` Mary replied,`Thanks,but I`m frustrated. I hear there`s a big tournament soon, but you practice as if you (be) not interested in it at all. Shouldn`t we practice more seriously?` Aki and other members felt as if they had been slapped in the face. Nobody had criticized them for this openly.It shook them up, and they started working harder.Aki,however, was a little afraid of Mary`s frankness.One day,Aki praised Mary for her improvent in Japanese.Mary said she owed it to her friends, including Aki.`With out help, my Japanese would not have improved this much. I really appreciate it when you correct my errors.` Aki asked Mary if she felt embarrassed by having her errors pointed out. Mary said,`Of course,not. Sincere advice is always appreciated.` Aki found Mary was not only frank but also ready to receive comments from others. Aki admired Mary, because Mary always did her best and because she was open-minded.They because good friends.When Mary left Japan, both of them wised they had more time together. Aki thought if she were to have a chance to visit Boston, she would like to meet Mary again. 1(be)の語を適切な形に直しなさい。 2they started working harder.の理由を日本語で説明しなさい。 3With out help, my Japanese would not have improved this much.を次のように書き換えるとき、空所に入る適語を書きなさい。 If (  )(  )(  )(  ) for your help, my Japanese would not have improved this much. 4次のaからdについて、本文の内容に合うものには○、合わないものには×を書きなさい。 aMary soon got used to her new class. bMary critized the members of the volleyball club. cAt first Mary`s frankness surprised Aki. dMary didn`t like other people pointing out her mistakes.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

<訳例> メアリーは、ボストンからの1年間の交換留学生として、アキのクラスに加わりました。 彼女は、元気が良くて、すぐに同級生に溶け込みました。 バレーボール部のキャプテンのアキは、メアリーが、バレーボールをするということを知ったので、彼女は、彼女を練習に連れて行きました。 練習の後、「私たちは、あなたのような良い選手に来てもらって運がよいです。」と、アキは、メアリーに言いました。 メアリーは、答えました、「ありがとう、でも、私は、がっかりしています。 私は、大きいトーナメントが、もうすぐあると聞いています、でも、まるでまったくそれに興味がないように、あなたたちは、練習します。私たちは、もっとまじめに練習すべきではないですか?」 まるで顔をたたかれたように、アキと他のメンバーは、感じました。 誰も、公然と彼らをこのことで批判しませんでした。 それは、彼らを動揺させました、そして、彼らは、より一生懸命に練習し始めました。 しかし、アキは、メアリーの率直さが少し心配でした。 ある日、アキは、メアリーの日本語の上達を誉めました。 彼女が、アキを含めて、彼女の友人のおかげだと、メアリーは、言いました。 「あなたたちの助けがなければ、私の日本語は、これほど上達しなかったでしょう。あなたたちが、私の間違いを訂正してくれて、私は、本当に感謝しています。」 間違いを指摘されることできまりが悪いと、彼女が、感じるかどうか、アキは、メアリーに尋ねました。 メアリーは、言いました。「もちろんそんなことはないわ。 誠実なアドバイスは、常に有り難いです。」 メアリーが、率直であるだけでなく、他人から意見を受け入れる準備ができてもいると、アキは、わかりました。 メアリーは、常に彼女のベストを尽くしたし、彼女が、心を開いていたので、アキは、メアリーを誉めました。 彼らは、友達になりました。 メアリーが、日本を去ったとき、彼らは、もっと一緒にいる時間が多ければよいのにと思いました。 彼女が、ボストンを訪問する機会があるならば、彼女は、再びメアリーに会いたいと、アキは、思いました。 <設問> 1. were ☆ 学校等では、as if の後に「仮定法」を用いることを期待した問題だと思いますが、直説法の are が用いられることもあります。 http://ejje.weblio.jp/content/as+if 2. メアリーに、トーナメントが近づいているのだから、もっと真剣に練習すべきだと、意見をされたから。 3. If it had not been for your help, my Japanese would not have improved this much. ☆ 恐らく問題文は、Without your help, my Japanese would not have improved this much. だと思います。 http://eigogakusyu-web.com/grammar/110/#TITLE_07_02 4. a, メアリーは、すぐに彼女の新しいクラスに慣れました。(○) b. メアリーは、バレーボール部のメンバーを批判しました。(○) c. 最初、メアリーの率直さは、アキを驚かせました。(○) d. メアリーは、他の人が、彼女の間違いを指摘するのが好きではありませんでした。(×)

関連するQ&A

• 英語

1:If you were to fall from that bridge,it() almost impossible to rescue you. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 2:He would have become a great marathon runner, if it() for his knee problem. (1)was not (2)had not been (3)has not been (4)would not have been 3:Thank you for the kind help you extended to me the other day. I () alone. (1)can't manage (2)can't have managed (3)couldn't manage (4)couldn't have managed 4:I () happy to see him,but I didn't have time. (1)will have been (2)would be (3)will be (4)would have been 5:They got two free tickets to Canada;() they'd never have been able to afford to go. (1)rather (2)but (3)however (4)otherwise 解答と訳をお願いします

• 英語質問

以下の文章を和訳して頂きたいです。 かなり困って居ます><宜しくお願いします。 (1)I had a sister who had diabetes.She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective ganes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and would be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of suger in her blood. Each day she would measure her suger level and them inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado Callege. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to-be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced-a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea, along with the rest of my family, remainded in California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of two children. I settled on the opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with inslin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cardiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adament. She had tired going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye-except I did not know it.

• 英語の質問です。

下の文の訳を教えてください。 1.You are the last person I would have expected to see in a library. 2.It is not what we eat but what we digest that makes us strong. 3.It was in Melbourne that the 1965 Olympic Games were held. 4.It was not until she arrived at the station that she realized she had forgotten her watch. 5.There's little, if any, hope of his being alive. 6.They seldom, if ever, go to their hometown in England. 7.When eating noodle in Japan, don't worry about making a noise. 8.You must listen attentively when spoken to. 9.It's quite a surprise to meet you here. 10.He didn't arrive until the discussion was over. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の質問です!

She is () talented than her brother. 1 the less 2 less 3 the least 4 least Tom has three times (). 1 so much books as his sister 2 as more books as his sister 3 as many books as his sister 4 books than his sister I'll do () she tells me to do. 1 anything what 2 anything in which 3 whatever 4 whenever Dan was () run over by a car. 1 closely 2 dangerously 3 hardly 4 nearly When you use dangerous chemicals, you must wear glasses () you have good eyesight or not. 1 whether 2 that 3why 4 when We have two washing machines, () are not of order. 1 which of both 2 what of both 3 both of which 4 both of what 解答と解説お願いします! The beach was beautiful! I wish I () longer. 1 have stayed 2 could have stayed 3 can stay 4will stay If it () for your help, I could not have finished this work in time. 1 is not 2 has not been 3 were not 4 had not been Jane would have gone to London () to get a plane reservation. 1if she had been able 2 if she is able 3 would she be able 4 was she able

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語、または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1. It's started raining. If it ( ) raining, we could go on a picnic. (1)is (2)isn't (3)was (4)weren't 2. If the weather were too hot or too cold, plants ( ) grow. (1)could (2)would not (3)had to (4)won't 3. We would have gone to see the movie last night of we ( ) it was so funny. (1)know (2)would know (3)had known (4)could know 4. If I had known about the good news earlier, I ( ) to congratulate you. (1)would call (2)must have called (3)would have called (4)should call 5. If my son had taken my advice, he ( ) successful now. (1)is (2)was (3)would be (4)would have been 6. I wish I ( ) back the clock and do it all over again. (1)can turn (2)could tuen (3)had turned (4)have turned 7. I wish ( ) much more when I was young. (1)study (2)studied (3)have studied (4)had studied 8. If ( ) he had told her the truth. (1)timely (2)only (3)plainry (4)suddenly 9. It's time Bill ( ) home. (1)go (2)will go (3)goes (4)went 10. ( ) his idleness, he would be a nice fellow. (1)If he would be (2)If he were not (3)If it were not for (4)If it was 11. ( ) for the examination, I could have gone shopping with my friends. (1)Without (2)If (3)But (4)With 12. ( ) for your support, we wouldn't be here. (1)Not were it (2)It were not (3)Were not it (4)Were it not 13. ( ) I known more about the man, I would have gone shopping with my friends. (1)If (2)As (3)Were (4)Had 14. ( ) anything happen to you, you can always call me on my mobile phone. (1)If (2)Should (3)Unless (4)Would 15. ( ) your help, we would have failed. (1)Were it not been for (2)Had it not been for (3)If it had been for (4)Without being 同じ意味になるように空所に適切な語を入れなさい。また、(a)の文を訳しなさい。 1. (a) Because of the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. (b) If ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) for the storm, I couldn't arrive earlier. 2. (a) If he had helped us, we could have succeeded. (b) ( ) his help, we could have succeeded. 3. (a) If you heard him talk, you would think that he was a new student. (b) ( ) ( ) him talk, you would think that he was a new student. 4. (a) If he the university students had not started at once, they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. (b) The university students started at once; ( ) they would have missed the train bound for Tokyo. 以上です。 お手数をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。 ミスなどがありましたらお知らせください。

• 英語の仮定法の問題

次の各組の文がほぼ同じ意味になるように、 ( )に適当な語をいれなさい。 1. I am sorry she doesn't trust me. I wish ( )( ) me. 2. It's a pity you didn't win the game. I wish ( )( )( ) the game. 3. She loves the boy like her own child. She loves ( ) if he ( ) her own child. 4. They lost the game. They should have trained harder. They would have won the game if they ( )( ) harder. この4問がわからなかったので よろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 英文和訳お願いします。

日本語訳を教えてください。 ( )が自分で考えたものです。 If i had known that things were going to turn out the way they did,I would never have joined the company. (もし事態がそのようになることがわかったいたら、その会社には入らなかったのに) It was not until she was well on her way to the office that she thought of the matter. (彼女は家に帰る途中で元気になって初めてそのことを考えた)

• 英語問題

空欄に適切な単語を下から選んで書く問題なのですが、わかりますか? わかったら翻訳もお願いします(;_;) diabetes malfunction physician miscarriage inject (1)If I had known that he was the best _____, I would have visited the hospital where he worked. (2)Could you_____ insulin into her arm if you find her unconscious? (3)If your urinary system had developed a _____,you would have noticed your legs swell. (4)If it were type I_____, your patient must have been a child. (5)Had she been more careful, she could have avoided the ______. 空欄に適切な単語を下から選んで書く問題なのですが、わかりますか? わかったら翻訳もお願いします(;_;) because and after until before (1)This ultrasonic vibration causes the blood clot to break apart ______ dissolve. (2)General anesthesia should not be administered ______ the patient has been examined. (3)ICD saved me______ it triggered the electric shock. (4)Continue taking the pills ______ meal. (5)Her face turned pale______ her blood was not carrying enough oxygen.

• 英語問題

次の文章の空欄に適切な単語を下から選ぶ問題です。 訳も教えて頂きたいです。 宜しくお願いします。 ■1 【 diabetes malfunction physician miscarriage inject 】 1. If I had known that he was the best (   ), I would have visited the hospital where he worked. 2. Could you (   ) insulin into her arm if you find her unconscious? 3. If your urinary system had developed a (   ), you would have noticed your legs swell. 4. If it were type I (   ), your patient must have been a child. 5. Had she been more careful, she could have avoided the (   ). ■2 【 because and after until before 】 1. This ultrasonic vibration causes the blood clot to break apart (   ) dissolve. 2. General anesthesia should not be administered (   ) the patient ha been examined. 3. ICD saved me (   ) it triggered the electric shock. 4. Continue taking the pills (   ) meal. 5. Her face turned pale (   ) her blood was not carrying enough oxygen.

• 英語の質問です!!

次の各文の【】内の語を適切な形に変えなさい。ただし1語とは限りません。 (1)If I (have) enough money.I would buy a new computer. (2)I would try again if (be) you. (3)If we (practice) harder, we would have won the game. 次のアの文をイのように書き換える場合、空所に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)アI cannot tell you what to do because I don`t know the truth. イI ( )( )( )what to do if I knew the truth. (2)ア The accident happend because she wasn`t careful. イ Had she been carefull,the accident ( )( )( ) happened. 次の日本文に合うように、英文の空所に適切な語を入れなさい。 (1)もっと早く宿題を終えていれば、そのテレビ番組を見ることができたのに。 Had I finished my homework earlier,I ( )( )( ) the TV program. (2)もし彼女があなただったら、ためらわず彼にラブレターを送るだろう。 If (  )(  )(  )、she would`t hesitate to send him a love letter. (3)君がその試合に出ていると昨日知っていれば、見に行ったのに。 (  ) I (  ) you were taking part in the game yesterday、I would have gone to see it. 次の日本文に合うように【】内の語句を並び替えて、全文を書きなさい。 (1)もし私たちが5分早く出発していたら、その電車に乗れたかも知れない。 If we had left five minutes earlier,(caught/might/we/the train/have). (2)私たちがあなたの忠告に従っていたら、こんなことは起こらなかったのに。 (followed/we/advice/had/your), this would`nt happend.