• 締切済み

英語の訳をして欲しいです

一度訳したのですがどうしても変な訳になって内容があまりよくつかめないのでどなたか訳していただけませんか⁇ Eventually in a friendship one can begin to take small services for granted - the loan of a dress, a phone call to find out vital information - but no one expects a real sacrifice. No matter how desperately my friend might need a babysitter, she would never ask me to miss a day's work to take care of her child. I have sometimes been very confused when foreign friends did remarkable things for me - drove me great distances or took the subway to the airport to meet me. Such things are not in our vocabulary, and I find it difficult to respond. For the average American, the feeling of being indebted is practically a physical pain. When a neighbor had to store some things in my freezer after hers broke down, she could not rest until she had made me a special dinner. I rescued another neighbor's runaway dog, and she brought me a cake. In point of fact, most of us are human and like to be helpful and would not mind receiving only thanks for a good deed. It is not a coincidence that the only person on our block who borrows our garden tools was born in trinidad. We are delighted to loan them, but our other neighbors would rather buy their own, even if it means spendng a lot for something they use once a year.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

結局、友人関係では、ちょっとしたことをしてもらうことを、人は、当然のことと思い始める場合があります ― ドレスを借りたり、大切な情報を調べるための電話をしたりなどです ― しかし、誰も本当の犠牲を期待する人はいません。私の友人がどんなに必死にベビーシッターを必要とするとしても、彼女は私に彼女の子供の世話をするために一日の仕事を休んで下さいとは決して頼みません。外国の友人が私のために驚く様なことをしてくれる時、私はとても戸惑う時がありました、― 例えば、私を車に乗せて長距離を送ってくれたり、私を迎えるために地下鉄に乗って空港まで来てくれたりする時です。そのようなことは、我々の語彙の中にはありません、それで、私はお礼の返事をするのが難しいと思うのです。平均的なアメリカ人にとって、借りがあると言う感覚は、ほとんど身体的な痛みと言ってよいほどです。隣人が彼女の冷凍庫が故障したので、いくつかの物を私のフリーザーに保存しなければならなかったとき、私に特別な夕食をご馳走するまで彼女は気が休まりませんでした。私はもう一人別の隣人の逃げた犬を救い出しました、すると、彼女は私にケーキを持ってきてくれました。実際は、我々のほとんどが、人間的で、人の役に立つことが好きで、よい行いに対してありがとうの一言を受け取るだけで構わないのです。我々の町内で庭仕事の道具を借りるただ一人の人がトリニダード生まれだったことは、偶然の一致ではありません。我々は喜んでそれらを貸しますが、たとえ彼らが年に一度使う物のためにたくさんの出費をすることを意味するとしても、我々の他の隣人は彼ら自身の道具を買おうとします。

luvluvsan
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます(^-^)内容が把握できました(=^ェ^=)

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳をお願いします・・。

経済英語なのですが、冷やかし無しでお願いします・・。簡単な感じでも大丈夫です・・。 At the same time, by carefully and explisitly comparing the separate chronoligical stories with one another and then with similar developments in other great industrial companies, these stories can become more than mere case studies in the meeting and solving of administrative problems resulting from growth. They can provide otherwise unobtainable information essential to the understanding of the history of one of the most significant of today's institutions. Such a comparative and institutional study of American business would seem to have some real advantages over the more traditional histories of individual firms or the more general surveys of the American business economy. Not only does it permit an analysis of significant decisions in far greater depth and detail than is possible even in a multivolume history of a single great company, but it also makes it possible to relate these detailed analyses more clearly and more precisely to broader historical developments. On the other hand, complex decisions, actions, and events are not taken out of context and presented as mere illustrations as they would have to be in a general history of American business or of the American economy. They are not used to illustrate generalizations; they are the date from which the generalizations are derived.

• 訳を教えてください

2つの文章の和訳を教えてください。主語とかが省略されている気がするのですが、1つ1つの単語はわかっても何が言いたいのか掴めません。 ★For what really is the future - but hope and dreams the way we wish things would be - not saying it will be that way. Just like the past is our perception of things that have happened in our life. ★Life is more easy and calmer for simpler people, but much more earth shattering, lip trembling, and aggressive for those who don't just take what is given to them...

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

In Indonesia, a common greeting is , 'Are you going for a wash?' This may annoy a foreign student who stays with an Indonesian family . Even though she may like the family very much , and even though she may speak excellent Indonesian and know that, 'Are you going for a wash?' is a polite greeting , she still may get irritated when members of the family greet her in this way when she is heading to the washroom with her towel. A very common form of greeting is to ask whether someone has eaten yet.Many Asian cultures use this as a from of greeting , not just the Chinese. For example , the Burmese are always asking. ' Have you eaten?' The appropriate response is to say that you have. Like, 'How are you?' and 'Where are you going?', 'Have you eaten?' is not a real question.

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

I'm at my wit's end over the most ridiculous disagreement with my friend. When we go out, she never drives us. She drives to my house and parks. Then she gets in my car and I always drive us to the restaurant, party, event, whatever. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. It's not about gas, and it's not about designating a driver. A glass of wine is about it for both of us. の文脈に合った訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳をお願いします。。

日本語訳をお願いします。。 (自然な意訳よりも単語の意味がわかる直訳が知りたいです) 1.Beware salespeople who promise offers that seem too good to be trusted. 2.Salespeople are under the supervision of the floorwalker. 3.He would come and confront me and persisting in asking me. 4.Already, efforts are underway to make that exemption permanent. 5.Timber cutting and logging operations remain labor intensive, in spite of efforts to limit the manpower required. 6.The position you're being considered for is a lateral move, but it could eventually lead to a promotion. 7.Dust contains numerous particles that can abrade your machine's internals. 8.After she received the award, she expressed her gratitude to the staff for all of their support. 9.The organization was committed to excellence and invested in employee training and quality control. 10.We are dedicated to raise your perception of what a luxury hotel was meant to be and to inspire your finest performance. 11.Contrary to popular belief, however, it is not all fire and brimstone there. 12.Discretion in hiring is a must these days and we provide the tools to do so unobtrusively, yet effectively. よろしくお願いします。。

• 英語が堪能な方へ、どうぞお願いします。

英文をサイト翻訳で作りましたが、言い回しがおかしくないか見ていただけないでしょうか。 We will send the goods from Japan. It takes 4 weeks to 2-delivery, please understand. The goods of us, and then pack it very important with waterproof, so please do not worry. Goods, placed in a bag of opp, and I keep it carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. If there is a point of something noticed by the customer, please feel free to question us. If the goods If it were not in the description as, we will be happy to refund as soon as possible.We are happy of the most able to see your smile. The policy of our peace of mind, sincere, polite, we will do our best to our customers. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• the hard material that the trunk and branches of a tree are made of ; this material when it is used to build or make things with , or as a fuel 英英辞典でwoodを引いたのですが、 どう訳せば良いか分かりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の訳をお願いします!

Sometimes a person‘s whole life can be changed in an instant.Elizabeth Blackwell‘s life changed one afternoon in 1844 when she went to visit a friend who was dying.As Blackwell later described the scene, the dying woman asked her why she did not think of studying medicine, since she was smart and healthy.When Elizabeth reminded her friend that there were no women doctors,the woman sighed and said that if she had been treated by a ‘lady doctor,‘ she might not be dying.At that time, it was not considered proper for women to talk about or know anything about the human body. Elizabeth‘s sick friend had been so ashamed to mention her internal problems to a man that she hid her pain for too long.When she finally sought treatment, it came too late to save her life. Elizabeth couldn‘t get the dying woman‘s suggestion out of her mind. She decided to devote her life to medicine. To earn money for her medical training, Elizabeth took a teaching job in North Carolina.It happened that the principal of the school where she worked was a medical doctor.He had lots of medical books,and Elizabeth  to read them was free when her teaching work was done.She wrote to twentyーnine medical schools asking for admission.Most didn‘t even reply, and the ones that did were very rude.Friends suggested that she dress up as a man to attend medical school, but Elizabeth wanted to be accepted for what she was.A small medical college in NewYork finally said ‘yes.‘ Elizabeth graduated in 1849 at the head of her class,the first woman in the United States to receive a medical degree. 

• 英語について。

I think that animals, babies and something of cute things made us heal our mind. we can have interested in it to see animals. A zoo has many animals, and we can see animals which only a zoo. many animals are in trouble in the global warming. わたしは、動物、赤ちゃんや何かかわいいものはわたし達の心をいやしてくれる わたし達は動物を見ることでそれに興味を持てる。 動物園には多くの動物がいて、わたしたちは動物園でしか見れない動物を見れる。 多くの動物が地球温暖化で困っている。 この英文の添削をしてください。 よろしく、お願いします。

• 訳をお願いします。

I'd like to believe she felt badly for me all those years , but in a way it was always a selfish act on her part . Yes , she didn't want me to go through all that , but to turn a blind eye to what she knew he was doing to an eleven-year-old girl . How could she entertain little girls in the van and videotape them doing the splits and other things , all for her husband ? 以前に同じ文の訳をお願いしたのですが、一部単語が抜けていたので、改めて和訳をお願いします。宜しくお願いします。